News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Dealing with a moron father

Started by Shukuen, December 29, 2003, 12:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukuen

First, he asks me to look up some package later, and I agree to help since it would get him to leave me alone. Later, when I'm looking for the status on the package, I'm asked to log in.

Problem though is that the only information he gave me was the name he registered the package under...

So I call him in...

...a minute later and no response.

Thinking he was probably occupied with the evening paper, I call again...

...and again...

...and again...

...and again...

When I finally lose my temper and scream for him, he responds, asking me why I yelled when he was only in the next room...

Argh... ~_~

After my voice recovered, I pointed him to the logon page and asked what his account was. His answer?

Quote from: "Father"I can't remember.

...following this stunning revealation, I'm forced to fill out some forms in an attempt to search for the package. The only thing missing was something called a "country code", which supposedly is to keep track of the package.

Again, neither of us have any idea what it was. So, after running across what appeared to be a region map on the page, I attempt to search our local area for the code. The page, unfortunately, didn't list any codes. Only the site's support page. I tell him that they don't seem to list the codes on the site.

His response though really ticks me off... he said that the obvious solution was to go to the map and click the area corresponding to our area...

So I calmly show him the map again, explaining to him that clicking on the corresponding area still sends us to the same page. Despite the obvious before his eyes, he starts calling me stupid for not clicking on our area...

ARGH!! ><#

I click on the map, again and again, trying to get it into his thick skull that what he's asking cannot be done. He then loses his temper, then accuses me of being both lazy and stupid, and that I shouldn't contradict his instructions because he knew more then I did.

That was the last straw and I told him straight out that if he wasn't going to listen to reason or provide any help, then he should get out of my face and leave me to work. He then explodes and goes on a rant on how he is always right and I am not supposed to argue with him. He then threatens to boot me out of the house if I dared to utter another word, then tells me to finish logging on for him before he stormed out of my room...

~_~

...I hate having to deal with this moron everyday...

Shukuen

...and now my family is telling me that I should apologize to my father in order to keep the peace of the house...

Moron won't even admit he's wrong and has the gall to demand I apologize to him!? ><#

Kwokinator

I say suck it up and apologize ^_^

Easier on your life and the matter effectively ends there (which might save you from more stupid behaviour from your pop's end).  Revenge and relief can come later.  There will always be an opportunity and a time when someone WILL have to depend on you, with no other options ^^

Olvelsper

Scarily enough, Kwok's advice is sound. Considering your family's behavior, best to apologize now and plan vengenance against them later.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Anastasia

I'd say apologize....

Except that doing so reinforces his behavior as right. That's a factor as well. Is there any honest chance that you'll get anywhere with this?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

baka

I have to deal with the stupidity and stubborness of my own father, but your story just takes the cake... Maybe you should apologise for shouting, but calmly point out that he was wrong... Help any?

Shukuen

All right, I managed to talk to my father after we both got a good night's sleep and calming down enough to think rationally again. Somehow, I lucked out, since he apparently forgot what the argument was about... o_O

Oh, yes, and supposedly, he was teaching me a lesson about not standing up against your superiors... that has got to be one of the oddest morals I've ever heard of...

Anastasia

On that note, does your father have a military backround?
<Afina> Forever.

Shukuen

Yeah, veteran of the 'nam war, though I don't know which side.

We never ask since it seems to be a sore point. *shrugs* Besides, we all loss, regardless of sides.

Anastasia

Yeah, veteran of the 'nam war, though I don't know which side.

Huh. Vietnamese decent?

No matter. That does sound like a kind of military or maybe even Oriental attitude in that matter. *shrugs*
<Afina> Forever.