News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mini Game Logs / Re: Home at Last 05
Last post by Corwin - May 09, 2024, 11:05:46 AM
18:08 <•Anastasia> "We can do that much," Anne says, then side eyes you, "Which is why we need so many donations."
18:09 — Skaya grins at her. "That might've been effective if I hadn't just donated to you earlier."
18:15 <•Anastasia> With an easy smile, "The children always need more donations to see their way in this difficult world, do they not?"
18:16 <Skaya> "Which is precisely why it's wise to cultivate an investor like myself! And invest in my welfare!"
18:21 <•Anastasia> With a soft giggle you're lead along - to the orphanage, a bombardment of children getting ready for dinner. It's a big communal dining hall, several long tables and a large kitchen with half a dozen women working away within. You can see them all, from those a few years old to those on the cusp of their teenage years and a little beyond. A loud, moving mass of humanity that Anne takes you to,
18:21 <•Anastasia> as they hurry inand get settled in. The smell of cooking soup and bread fills your nose as you enter.
18:22 <Skaya> "You know, I've been thinking of picking up an instrument," Skaya muses as she accompanies Anne. She might as well help, she's good for any number of dinner-related chores. "Or maybe singing, but I'm not really feeling that right now."
18:30 <•Anastasia> "Have you? I've never had the time or inclination," Anne mentions as eyes turn to all of you. She smiles at you and nods, "Children, please be seated. The meal will begin shortly." That gets compliance more or less, everyone settling in. "Everyone, this is Skaya. A few of you have seen her before, but she's here to have dinner with us. Everyone, please say hello to her."
18:30 <•Anastasia> As one, a small tidal wave of voices, "Hi there, Miss Skaya!"
18:32 <Skaya> "Heya!" she greets them cheerfully, before telling Anne, "Time's not an issue, and inclination is a function of interest. Ever felt like learning an instrument?"
18:42 <•Anastasia> So many happy smiles as the food comes out. Soup, bread and a little bit of fruit. Simple food, but enough to at least feel fed. Anne and you get the exact same food as she sits a moment, but no one starts yet. "One moment," Anne murmurs, "Everyone, give thanks for the food and the hope you were given this day." Heads are bowed, a moment of silence, and then everyone tucks in. Once that's done,
18:42 <•Anastasia> "Only if the day sprouts a twenty fifth and twenty sixth hour," Anne says with a hint of wry amusement. "Perhaps a twenty seventh as well."
18:43 <Skaya> "There's magic for that," Skaya responds, observing the food provided. Having the same kind is fine, but if the older kids are not receiving more nutrition she'll find a private moment to talk to Anne about it.
18:48 <•Anastasia> Serving sizes look to be adjusted for age. "...After our trip to whatever that ruin was, I think I'll pass on time magic of any kind."
18:49 <Skaya> "Wise choice. It'll keep you away from giant golden golems." Skaya makes a face. Inevitables! "I'm still mad!"
18:56 <•Anastasia> "I do wonder what was hidden there," Anne speculates, "And what else was in that draconic stronghold. However, I fear that the lesson to be learned was a simple one: That like those mages we battled, we reached for something beyond our ability to safely grasp. Whatever those ruins are, they are the domain of heroes greater than us."
18:58 <Skaya> "Not greater. Just ones with more free time," Skaya objects. "If the ruins didn't collapse because of that Inevitable, we could've accomplished a lot. And who knows? Perhaps one day a path back there will be opened."
19:02 <•Anastasia> "Until that day," Anne smiles, then turns, "Gregory!" she calls sharply, as a young child freezes, a mushy carrot in his spoon, about to be launched. Other children giggle at him as he drops it back into his soup. She nods at him and returns to the conversation. "The most vexing part is when we grow lax or unfortunate, and a food fight breaks out. So much wasted food."
19:03 <Skaya> "Even if falls to the floor, you can still eat it!"
19:07 <•Anastasia> Anne's face twists in disgust, while several children laugh at that and call, "Yeah!"
19:08 <•Anastasia> "Children, do not eat off the floor," Anne's voice has a strong note of mother in her, something that jolts the spine in memories of past days long ago. "Do not throw your food or otherwise engage in a food fight. Be respectful of those who gave you money to eat with."
19:08 <Skaya> "Ah, but it won't taste as good, so isn't it a shame?" she adds for the benefit of the impressionable children. "And listen to Anne! Or she'll be scary!"
19:15 <•Anastasia> The children aren't arguing with either of that, just listening. "Good, now please continue enjoying your meal," she says, and things go back to normal. After that, "Not a child has grown with in me, yet I feel I have more mothering experience than a dozen wives."
19:18 <Skaya> "Speaking of such experience, working at the Guild is a bit like a wife or a girlfriend," Skaya muses, gesturing with a spoonful of soup. "I wonder how many adventurers like that sort of interaction. And it's all properly wholesome, too!"
19:28 <•Anastasia> "Of course." Anne keeps her voice down for this, "The men do like their lovely, supportive women."
19:29 <Skaya> "Even I want to talk about my troubles with someone from time to time, so I can definitely understand!"
19:32 <•Anastasia> A nod at that as the evening passes pleasantly and...OOC: Anything else you want to say to Anne here?
19:33 <Skaya> OOC: I'm good. I'll grab her when the next plot hook happens!
19:37 <•Anastasia> OOC: Sure, short pause while I finish up Neph's scene.
Mini Game Logs / Home at Last 05
Last post by Corwin - May 09, 2024, 11:04:53 AM
18:25 <•Anastasia> Home at last. A day of rest passes in well, rest. Getting back to things, recovering, a chance to get yourself back together. By chance Skaya heads out near sunset to get a few things, only to find someone coming down thes treet. A familiar face: Anne. She smiles when she sees you, in a plain dress, all business with her holy symbol worn. "Skaya," she calls, "Your timing's good."
18:26 <Skaya> "I've been told that once or twice before!" Skaya says, smiling at the pleasant surprise.
18:34 <•Anastasia> "I'd like to invite you over for dinner at the orphanage," Anne goes on, "Tonight or another night as you like. They could use another positive influence in their lives."
18:36 <Skaya> "Tonight works," Skaya agrees after thinking it over. There's nothing planned, not so soon after their return. "It's actually a good chance. Remember how I mentioned that our surplus gear could be donated afterwards? A shame about the carriage and horses, but most of the other stuff is still good. Warm clothes, good rope and so on."
18:43 <•Anastasia> "That would certainly be helpful," Anne agrees at that, "Everything helps. When I started, I never imagined how much of everything an orphanage needs and uses up."
18:45 <Skaya> "It's a job that never ends. And when it comes to raising kids, the money is only a sideshow," Skaya commiserates. "Good thing we were able to return so quickly, or they would've all missed you crazily!"
18:56 <•Anastasia> "They already did, but I got enough money out of this that it's worthwhile." Anne answers, "My growth in this will ensure I can serve and protect them all the better now."
18:56 <Skaya> "Is there anyone who's interested in following your footsteps?"
19:04 <•Anastasia> "There's always a few, but not many make it past the trial period." Anne says with a soft sight, heading back toward  the orphanage. "It takes a calling to manage an orphanage, it's a constant drain of effort, attention and love. Many of the children are of poor tempers and lash out from it. Be it the loss of their family, their abandonment and possibly poor treatment before they got here, few
19:04 <•Anastasia> of them are smiling, happy children you wish to imagine."
19:05 <Skaya> "I have the utmost respect for you! Even those smiling, happy children would be a handful for me. Ah, I'm shivering just from thinking of that sort of responsibility~" She does in fact shiver, shaking her head. "How terrifying!"
19:14 <•Anastasia> "No matter how hard you try," Anne continues, softer, "Some chooes to run away. There's failures no matter how hard you try. Regrets, sorrows, lives that never had a chance to be good and know real happiness. Somehow, you have to balance those against your successes, or you'll drown under them. No, it's no surprise that few are cut out for this work. It's why I ask for donations, not service."
19:17 <Skaya> "A bit of both, where it comes to Rina and Regis," Skaya muses, nudging Anne as she walks by her side.
19:24 <•Anastasia> "A bit of both, but they're strong." Anne nudges you right back. "You may not have the will to do that, but you're wise enough to realize that.
19:24 <•Anastasia> "
19:25 <Skaya> "That's the kindest way I've been told that I'm lazy, you know," Skaya tells her with another grin.
19:44 <•Anastasia> "Hardly," Anne's smiling back, "Industry takes many forms."
19:48 <Skaya> "I guess that's true. I do have a few hobbies. How about you? Any non-orphanage-related things you like to do with your valuable free time?"
19:59 <•Anastasia> "Sleep." After a moment Anne looks to you, "It's a little sad that this is what comes to mind, but when I have free time, I'm usually exhausted. A little bit of magic can help, but it's not wise to rely on that too often."
20:01 <Skaya> "It's a bit sad," Skaya agrees. "Maybe you could try to integrate some hobbies into your work? Teach the kids to read through books from genres you like, arrange for pottery classes you can also participate in, that sort of thing?"
20:14 <•Anastasia> "I do when money permits," Anne says, "Which is why we need donations, or yet another reason."
20:15 <Skaya> "I guess it all comes down to that," Skaya muses. "Did you try partnering with some artisans? Have a few kids take on an apprenticeship?"
20:19 <•Anastasia> "We've managed a few for that, and it's for those who are older and have little hope of adoption," Anne continues at that, "Ideally, we find every child a home. In reality..."
20:23 <Skaya> "At least they'll get a good upbringing and a chance to start their adult life properly. That's a lot more than many people get in this world."
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Loot (Skaya)
Last post by Nephrite - May 04, 2024, 04:27:13 PM
Devar will sell his Masterwork Greatsword - I assume I get half of the cost of it (350 + 300, so 325) -

325 + 824 + 335 + 1000 = 2484

I will buy a +1 Greatsword for 2000, bringing me to 484.
Last post by Corwin - May 04, 2024, 03:58:19 PM
This brings my money up to 1,875.6gp+335gp+1,000gp = 3,210.6gp.
I'm buying Eyes of the Eagle for 2,500gp for the eyes slot to provide +5 Perception. I'm going to wear one and also buy a fashionable eyepatch for the other eye.

Money = 3,210.6gp - 2,500gp = 710.6gp.
Last post by Corwin - May 04, 2024, 03:55:31 PM
So we're getting 670gp from Milla's quest, which translates to 335gp to Devar and myself. Then we're both along with Anne, Sanda, Rina and Regis getting a 1000gp advance from our 2000gp offer for the red-masked man quest.
Old Otik's Table / Re: Share the music
Last post by Anastasia - May 02, 2024, 12:40:21 AM
Marian, from River City Girls 2. It's a Double Dragon remix, naturally.
Old Otik's Table / Re: Share the music
Last post by KLSymph - May 02, 2024, 12:11:00 AM
Medical, from System Shock. Chiptune remix by Speedy FM.
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Not here days
Last post by Anastasia - April 28, 2024, 02:28:50 PM
Awesome, I'll be prepped for it.
Last post by Nephrite - April 28, 2024, 02:23:31 PM
Yeah, that's fine.
Last post by Corwin - April 28, 2024, 11:59:50 AM
I think so.