News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mini Game Logs / Re: Journey to the Center of t...
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:48:19 AM
19:36 <•Kotono> OOC: Give me Perception as well, whomever is on point. If that's an NPC tell me which one.
19:37 <•Kotono> OOC: I'll have Kobot up in a moment, I just realized since I rebooted last night.
19:39 → Kobot joined (~dunefar@lunarnet-82C188CE.hr.hr.cox.net)
19:39 <Kobot> OOC: I'm here.
19:39 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, so question stands.
19:40 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:40 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{13}
19:43 <•Kotono> You walk around the underground lake and do a quick circuit to get a better grasp of things. There's five other passages that lead into here and two stand out. One has marks on the wall besides it, scored four times, as if counting. Deep nad firmly, as if with a powerful blade that can cut into stone. The second passage stands out for despite being underground, having tufts of blue-green grass
19:43 <•Kotono> growing out from the stony ground within it.  Beyond that, you get a closer look at the stone construction. It's a half dozen benches around a large stable, of obviously good craftsmanship even to the untrained eye. Smoothly polished, shaped beautifully and with little swirls and decorations engraved in.
19:44 <•Kotono> Anne lingers by the stonework, then shakes her head, "There's no way it's worth carrying up, even if we could carry the entire set."
19:44 <•Kotono> To that point Marken smiles, "You'd want one of those magical bags that can hold large objects. I suspect you're right in the unspoken part that it's worth good gold coins."
19:45 <Skaya> Wow! Real adventurers are different, even if they're raising orphans. She hadn't even considered of grabbing the stone furniture!
19:45 <•Kotono> To that Sanda archly comments, "Profit is the point, but that's too much like a common thief. Treasure and plunder is different from furniture robbing!"
19:45 <Skaya> "Ah, Sanda! This is why we're such good friends!" Skaya exclaims, glomping onto the wizard.
19:46 <•Kotono> "Imagine how much food, clothing, shelter and hope that set could buy," Anne counters right back, as Sanda takes your hug in good graces and smiles back at Anne. Anne returns that smile as the two lock eyes, silent combat.
19:47 <•Kotono> Marken keeps his eyes of that particular squabble, staying alert instead.
19:47 <•Kotono> *off
19:49 <Skaya> "Alright, alright," Skaya says, letting go of Sanda. "We can only take furniture if it belongs to a bad person and we've defeated them. Since neither condition is fulfilled, let's explore the passage with the grass first?"
19:49 <Devar> Devar stays quiet too, offering a nod.
19:53 <•Kotono> You go down that passage. The grass is sparse but visible, and as you get even closer? You can see faint wisps of blue-green light rises up from it. Sanda lingers by it, "Curious, I don't know what it is," she says, "I've never heard of grass quite like this, though it resembles other magical types to a greater or lesser degree." OOC: SAnda takes 10 on K:A and K:N.
19:53 <•Kotono> "If you have the means to do so, a sample might be worthwhile," Marken says, "It may be worth a bit of money, as well as a useful thing to research."
19:54 <•Kotono> "Oh yes, of course," Sanda murmur to herself, kneeling and rustling within her equipment. "One moment."
19:54 <Skaya> OOC: I'll take 10 as well, with cunning knowledge, for 21 on both
19:59 <•Kotono> You dimly recall a bit of knowledge. Of stone-like blue-green grass, that gently sheds poison. You don't recall how the poison is delivered, between contact, consumption of it, being around it or some other measure, nor do you recall any onset time of symptoms.
20:00 <Skaya> "Oh! It's poisonous. On second thought, let's not go there."
20:11 <•Kotono> "Poisonous?" Sanda scowls and hurries back right away.
20:11 <•Kotono> Anne shakes her head and follows, "Pretty, but poisonous. What kind of poison?"
20:11 <Skaya> "Don't remember, it's not my favorite reading material," Skaya says with a shrug. "Let's check out the other path after all?"
20:12 <Devar> "And is it being grown for a reason?" Devar asks.
20:12 <•Kotono> "Oh. Well then, statistically speaking, if we start dropping dead, we'll know why," Sanda says, cheerfully.
20:12 — Skaya coughs.
20:18 <•Kotono> Marken matches that cough as Anne glowrs at Sanda, "That goes iwthout saying. Sanda, please don't say such things that discourage and worry others needlessly."
20:18 <•Kotono> "Why not?" Sanda answers, "Better to be prepared for something like that to happen, in case preparation matters."
20:18 <Skaya> "I'd imagine both paths are dangerous, so let's keep our head in the game," Skaya says, ignoring that debate and leading the way into the marked passage.
20:26 <•Kotono> You go to the marked passage. It heads slowly ahead, winding but broader than the previous. Plenty of space to move here, as you see not far within a plaque is embedded into the ground.
20:26 → •Nephrite (opped) joined 
20:26 <Skaya> Naturally, she will read the plague!
20:28 <•Kotono> There's writing in draconic on it. It reads: The roar of the earth is the roar of the world. Might sleeps within the womb of the world, to be born below.
20:29 <Skaya> "Oh, it's the next chapter!" Skaya exclaims, before translating for everyone.
20:32 <•Kotono> Anne, having been there for both, listens carefully. "I think it repeated itself with that first part, didn't it?"
20:32 <•Kotono> "That's fairly explicit," Marken comments, "And may explain a great deal. Something strong's below, asleep, and grows powerful. There has to be something that provoked the draining of the lake in the first place."
20:33 <Skaya> "Exactly. The second sentence from the previous plaque is the first sentence here. There must be a whole chain of them here!"
20:33 <•Kotono> Sanda sniffs, "And we easily find clues that point to it. Statistically speaking, it sounds like deception."
20:33 <•Kotono> "Or only a few people know about it, and many who find out don't make it out alive to tell others," Anne counters, "We've been in several difficult battles already."
20:33 — Skaya tries to estimate how old the plaque is!
20:34 <•Kotono> OOC: Got any relevant skills.
20:34 <Skaya> OOC: I have all the skills! But which is them maps to this/
20:34 <Skaya> OOC: Nature?
20:35 <Skaya> OOC: Dungeoneering?
20:35 <•Kotono> OOC: That's a really good question. Appraise, let's say since you have all of them.
20:36 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7+4
20:36 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{31}
20:36 <•Kotono> OOC: Lucky.
20:37 <•Kotono> On the one hand, it's old. Genuinely old. You have no doubt about that. On the other hand, it's incredibly subtle, but you can tell. This plaque's been moved and carefully installed here. It's well done, but you can see a few telltell signs that this was added here, and possibly not that long ago.
20:38 <Skaya> "Wow, you're both right!" Skaya says in admiration. "The plaque itself is original and ancient, but on the other hand, someone did plant it here and try to cover up their tracks! So the actually correct path is probably not this one? Maybe it's the one where the elementals barred our path before?"
20:38 <•Kotono> "Huh?" Sanda says, voice completely flat.
20:39 <Skaya> "I studied a lot, right? All sorts of knowledge is in my head!" Skaya says cheerfully, tapping the side of her head for emphasis.
20:39 <•Kotono> Anne frowns at that, "Of course I was right, but-wait, what?" she echos Sanda. "Are you saying the marks are posisbly a distraction as well, to indicate a promising path marked by others?
20:39 <•Kotono> "
20:39 <Skaya> "So it seems!"
20:40 <•Kotono> Marken chuckles, "Statistically speaking, if this was moved," Sanda suddenly turns right to him and pays attention, "It may mean that or something else, but regardless, some manner of trickery is afoot."
20:40 <•Kotono> "In the name of Hope's Landing, please don't use her phrases. It's disarming," Anne protests.
20:41 <Skaya> "Let's go in all the same and see what's there," Skaya proposes. "If there's nothing of interest, we'll revisit the path with the elementals. That's probably where that drum sound was coming from, anyway."
20:42 <•Devar> roll 1d20+8
20:42 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{23}
20:45 <•Devar> A frown as Devar glances back the way they came. He speaks quietly, but loud enough so the others can hear him. "Hey - I heard... something, back at the lake. Like something trying to be sneaky but just loud enough that it made some waves."
20:45 <Skaya> "Ooh, is it a stealthy wizard?" Skaya asks excitedly. But quietly!
20:49 <•Kotono> "Or some manner of fish like before?" Anne asks.
20:49 <•Kotono> "Or a slime," Sanda says, "I could see that.":
20:50 <•Kotono> "Or a water elemental. If there's earth elementals, why not incarnations of water as well?" Marken questions back.
20:50 <Skaya> "Come on! Sanda, don't your wizard senses tell you anything?"
20:50 <•Kotono> With a sniff, "My wizard senses tell me that unless I'm a seer, a splash isn't very informative."
20:50 <Skaya> "In that case, some brave soul should be sacrificed to take a proper look."
20:50 <•Kotono> "It wouldn't be for you," Anne agrees pleasantly, "Did it sound like a big splash?"
20:51 <•Devar> "Not particularly." Devar says. "It probably could've gone unnoticed entirely."
20:56 <Skaya> Since no one is volunteering, Skaya is a bit sad but decides to do it herself! Turning around, she heads for the lake!
21:00 <•Kotono> With that at least Anne follows, with Sanda doing so far behind. Marken shakes his head but follows as wella fter that. Falling in with Devar, "Good ears," he murmurs. Meanwhile, the party goes back and -! It leaps from the water. It's the same mostly invisible, gray shark as before. You notice it easily, as it bursts ouf of the water and flies right at the party in a headlong charge. Anne
21:00 <•Kotono> gapes, "They can FLY?! What? WHY?!"
21:00 <•Kotono> "Abominable," Marken grits his teeth, the slither of steel as he readies his weapon.
21:00 <•Kotono> "Seafood should stay in the sea!" Sanda cries, "Kill it!"
21:00 — Skaya leaps into the air to fly right at it!
21:01 <•Kotono> OOC: I'm gonna call init here, feel free to react as well since you got a line your way, Devar.
21:01 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
21:01 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{22}
21:02 <•Devar> "Oh, it's nothi--" His reply is interrupted by an invisible flying, apparently, shark.
21:02 <•Devar> roll 1d20+2
21:02 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{22}
21:09 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
21:09 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=15 ]{20}
21:09 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Anne
21:09 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=9 ]{11}
21:10 <•Kotono> roll 1d20 Sanda
21:10 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 Sanda --> [ 1d20=6 ]{6}
21:10 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+3 shark
21:10 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 shark --> [ 1d20=14 ]{17}
21:11 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya = Devar (22) > Marken (20) > Shark (17) > Anne (11) > Sanda (6)
21:11 <•Kotono> OOC: Go you two.
21:11 <Skaya> Meeting the shark in mid-air, Skaya kicks it in the chin!
21:12 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4+2 charge~
21:12 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ --> [ 1d20=20 ]{32}
21:12 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ crit?
21:12 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ crit? --> [ 1d20=7 ]{19}
21:13 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4
21:13 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{8}
21:13 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4 if crit
21:13 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 if crit --> [ 1d6=1 ]{8}
21:13 <Skaya> OOC: I meant, add that if it's a crit
21:15 <•Kotono> OOC: It was a crit, so total 16 damage. Devar, you're also up so go ahead and go.
21:48 <•Devar> Devar isn't really sure what's he's dealing with but it clearly isn't something that non-violence will deal with, so he draws out his sword to go at it!
21:48 <•Devar> roll 1d20+5
21:48 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{12}
21:48 <•Devar> roll 2d4+2 if that happened to hit
21:48 <Kobot> Devar rolled 2d4+2 if that happened to hit --> [ 2d4=8 ]{10}
Mini Game Logs / Re: Journey to the Center of t...
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:46:07 AM
19:02 <•Kotono> With the rope bridge, the party is able to cross over safely enough. You notice the drum beats are getting more echoy and perhaps more distant as you cross.
19:03 <Skaya> "Wrong direction, you think?" Skaya muses once they are all across. "But the only other path was where the earth elementals stopped us from going."
19:07 <•Kotono> "Doesn't mean the drums are the right direction," Sanda points out, "Statistically speaking, there're more likely than not more than one group of elementals, anyway."
19:07 <•Kotono> "That's...depressing," Anne says at last, "Sanda, we may face several powerful opponents if things go wrong, then?"
19:08 <•Kotono> "Of course," Sanda answers, "Why would you expect anything less? Elementals are not weak and I doubt it's only one or two of them from allr eports."
19:08 <Skaya> "Once again, we're not here to fight the elementals so it's all good!" Skaya assures Anne, and heads forward.
19:08 → Iddy joined (uid408070@lunarnet-1BB5E9E.uxbridge.irccloud.com)
19:11 <•Devar> Devar will dutifully take up the rear and follow along with the others!
19:13 <•Kotono> On the group goes, a
19:14 <•Kotono> OOC: Gah.
19:16 <•Kotono> On the group goes, and ahead you hear the sound of running water amid the fading drumbeats. Around a bend you see a bubbling brook cross through the path, just before it opens up into a larger cavern, roof dozens of feet high. Here a massive creature stands, tall enough to almost touch the roof. A being of pure rock, earth and stone. Man shaped and standing still, granite eyes closed.  OOC:
19:16 <•Kotono> Perception.
19:16 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:16 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{11}
19:21 <•Devar> roll 1d20+7
19:21 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{12}
19:21 <•Kotono> OOC: Carry on, both of ya.
19:21 <•Kotono> "Woah." Marken takes a cautious step back, staring up at the creature.
19:21 — Skaya pats Sanda's shoulder. "Please ask him about the other wizards here, and where they're staying?"
19:22 <•Kotono> "Of course," Sanda says,s tepping forward and speaking rumbling Terran. There is no response, before slowly she says, "Odds are he's asleep," she points out, "The closed eyes are a hint."
19:22 <•Kotono> "Do elementals even sleep?" Anne asks, "Aren't there incarnate elemental forces beyond moral weaknesses?"
19:23 <Skaya> "You mean mortal, right?"
19:23 <•Kotono> "Why not both?" Sanda answers, "But the point is that it's not answering and seems asleep."
19:24 <Skaya> "I'll take a look around, maybe smaller elementals are around and awake?"
19:25 <•Kotono> OOC: Go for it. Give me Perception again then.
19:25 <•Kotono> OOC: Just Skaya in this case since she's the one searching.
19:25 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:25 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{11}
19:26 <•Kotono> No sign of other elementals or anything of note. There's a few passages going further inwards you can investigate if you like, though. Otherwise it's a large cavern roon, lots of space as well as a few places water drips down to form puddles.
19:26 <Skaya> "Let's look in the passages?" Skaya calls out to the others. "Maybe there are elementals who can talk to us there."
19:29 <•Devar> "Lead on." Devar agrees. "We've got to find something eventually."
19:33 — Skaya leads on!
19:34 <•Kotono> You see the other passages. One is heading more upwards, while one ot the side is straight. The last looks to lead to an overgrown puddle at a dead end, more like a small body of water at that point. Any of them are available.
19:36 <Skaya> As always, Skaya checks the one that is a dead end first!
19:40 <•Kotono> The party follows. It's not large, but as you get close, you see it's deep. Deeper than you can see through the dark waters, though you can't see far in with them regardless.
19:41 <Skaya> "No plaques here," Skaya muses, picking up a small stone and tossing it into the waters.
19:47 <•Kotono> It plunges into the water and is gone.
19:47 <•Kotono> Anne goes to the waters, "Perhaps it's a freshwater source, but it looks harmless otherwise. IS there any point to linger?"
19:47 — Skaya waits for a bit, and as nothing happens says, "I don't want to swim just yet, so let's go to the next one. I was just checking for any lurking stealth sharks."
19:48 <•Kotono> "Little than I can see," Marken says, then hms, "Sensible after that last one."
19:49 <•Kotono> You turn to go back - but the ground shakes. A massive THUMP comes from the big cavern, as you see the elemental shift, lifting one foot up and then down, adjusting it's position. The sound of it rattles everything, peddles and droplets of water knocked free from the ceiling.
19:49 <Skaya> "Maybe he's awake! Ask him now, Sanda!"
19:50 <•Kotono> Sanda trots back into the cavern and does so, immediately. Her Terran gets no reply at all. After a few heartbeats, "Still nothing. Maybe it turned in its sleep? I know I do if someone disturbs my rest."
19:50 — Skaya picks the straight passage next.
19:55 <•Kotono> As you go Anne pauses to look at the elemental, a hand to her holy symbol. She then turns and follows, "Our hopes will be heard, and should it be, the elemental will stay asleep and not endanger us. Even its movements may be perilous if it causes a cave in."
19:56 <•Kotono> With a dry smile, "Put in a quiet word with Shaundakul that our path stays clear," Marken comments.
19:56 <Skaya> "It's a very dangerous world," Skaya is more than ready to agree. "Then again, we're looking for a crazy wizard surrounded by strong chimera monsters."
19:59 <•Devar> "Hopefully he's not so crazy as to be violent." Devar says. "But I feel like there'd be a lot more hostile elements about if that were the case."
19:59 <Skaya> "He or she literally sent a monster far away from here to attack people. Several died. I don't think we're ending this with a stern talking to."
20:01 <•Kotono> "We're ending this with a fight," Anne agrees as you all go. As yo ugo to the straight passage...OOC: Perception again.
20:02 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
20:02 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{13}
20:02 <•Devar> roll 1d20+7
20:02 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{19}
20:06 <•Kotono> OOC: Others take 10.
20:06 <•Kotono> As you go, Marken stops. "Hold on," he says, going to look at the ground. He peers carefully, "There's signs of passage. The stones are disturbed and it looks recent."
20:07 <•Kotono> "Uh, earthquake?" Sanda says slowly, "Statistically speaking, that's going to disturb allt he stones!"
20:07 <•Kotono> Marken sighs a moment, "Yes, but not like this."
20:07 <Skaya> "Humanoid, animal, other?"
20:07 <•Kotono> "I find that hard to believe," Sanda retorts immediately.
20:08 <•Kotono> "Humanoid," Marken answers, "Going in this direction."
20:08 <Skaya> "We should follow!"
20:12 <•Devar> "Hopefully we'll find what we're after then." Devar says. "I wonder if the big guy is some sort of construct of this wizard's."
20:13 <Skaya> "Well, that's a horrifying thought."
20:15 <•Kotono> "If it is, we're probably doomed," Sanda reflects.
20:15 <•Kotono> "No, we always have hope," Anne disagrees, "As long as we breathe, we can go forward, together, and triumph."
20:16 <Skaya> "I have faith! In our strong legs!"
20:16 <•Kotono> "Statistically speaking, those sort of speeches are said overwhelmingly by those likely to become paste under an elemental's foot in the next 24 hours," Sanda snarks right back.
20:17 <•Kotono> Meanwhile you proceed on. It comes to a side passage going deeper in as Marken follows, glancing at the ground before going for that side passage. "This way, if yo uwant to follow a trail."
20:19 <Skaya> "Can you tell the number of people?" Skaya asks Marken. Much as she'd like to joke around with Sanda and Anne, this is getting serious.
20:23 <•Kotono> "One," Marken says, "No signs of a second or more."
20:25 <Skaya> Terrifying. "We're proceeding, but this time let's actually try some stealth for a change. I'll go first with Marken, those who can keep quiet follow us closely. The rest will travel at a distance."
20:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, how far back do you want he others, first of all? Feel free to chat IC, just want something I can lay my hands on.
20:29 <Skaya> OOC: 60ft seems right. It's close enough to get there within a round, but far enough that they won't be immediately noticed.
20:35 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay then. Stealth checks, Marken will take 10.
20:36 <Skaya> OOC: I'll also take 10 for 23
20:39 <•Kotono> Thus the party goes ahead. On this path, a wider tunnel. Water drips as it slowly slopes down and then Marken stops. He goes to the left wall and whispers, "The trail stops here."
20:39 <Skaya> With a frown, Skaya studies it to see if there's any hidden passageways, levers, switches or what not.
20:41 <•Kotono> OOC: Perception for searchin'. Also one moment.
20:42 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
20:42 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{22}
20:43 <•Kotono> Nothing that you see.
20:44 — Skaya waits for Sanda to come over, before asking her quietly, "Any magic you can see here?"
20:46 <•Kotono> Sanda chants a few words, "Oh yes, fading but it's here. Let me study it a moment."
20:47 <•Kotono> In the same quiet tones, Marken readies his weapons, "Be ready," he murmurs to the others.
20:47 <•Kotono> Anne prepares herself, a silent nod just in case.
20:47 — Skaya keeps guard while Sanda does that.
20:48 <•Kotono> "Something minor, more of an activation than anything else," Sanda says, "Something was done to trigger something in the wall here, I think."
20:49 <Skaya> "Is there a hidden door opened with magic? Or it's one of those travel through stone spells?"
20:53 <•Kotono> "I think it's the former, not the latter," Sanda says, "Something like that, I'm guessing but that's what the odds suggest."
20:53 <•Kotono> Marken glances over at the others, "Any ideas?"
20:54 <•Kotono> "It could be anything," Anne says, "Or even an item on them that we'll never be able to replicate. Still though, it's worth thinking about. Have hope we can figure something out."
20:54 <•Devar> "Oh, so like you say 'open' or something and it opens?" Devar offers. "I wonder if it's something simple like 'earth'... and if it's even in Common, really. Well, if it's some sort of item, it might be obvious if we find something else holding whatever it could be."
20:56 <•Kotono> "Try words like that in different languages?" Marken suggests, "See if one works?"
20:58 — Skaya tries saying "Open" in Elven, Dwarven, Celestial and Draconic, since it seems like fun.
21:04 <•Kotono> Nothing happens.
21:04 <•Kotono> Sanda steps forward and tries a few langauges of her own, before, "It's not open, at least in anything I know."
21:06 <Skaya> "Let's keep going down this passage," Skaya decides. "Even if he sees our tracks, he'll think we kept going."
21:10 <•Kotono> "Alright," Sanda agrees, "I can't think of anything better to try."
21:14 <•Kotono> OOC: OBvously, I assume you're going on then?
21:14 <Skaya> OOC: YEs
21:17 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
21:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=4 ]{4}
21:17 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
21:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=68 ]{68}
21:24 <•Kotono> You proceed further. The passage is widening further, and you can see it's sloping downward more as well. Stones litter the floor as you continue on, smooth and rounded. Marken kneels and checks one, "Might be another former waterway," he comments, "Which means we might be heading for a bigger empty space or underground water."
21:26 <•Devar> roll 1d20+9
21:26 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+9 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{12}
21:27 <Skaya> "Let's take a look there before going back to map out the last passage?" Skaya proposes.
21:29 <•Kotono> "It sounds good to me," Sanda agrees.
21:30 <•Devar> Devar blinks a few times but shakes his head quickly. "We may as well have a good idea of what the cavern's space is." He agrees.
21:31 <Skaya> With a nod, Skaya leads the way once more!
21:39 <•Kotono> You go down to the end of the path. It opens up into a sinkhole depression, huge. Most of it's filled in with water, an underground lake. Several paths and caverns lead to it, yet you see no water flow into it. The waters are dark and deep. There's quite a bit of space here to explore if you want, and on the far side you can see some sort of stone construction. Benches and a table, left by the
21:39 <•Kotono> lake.
21:40 <•Kotono> "How strange and how..." Anne pauses, "It's so solitary down here. There's the occasional monster, but more than anything else, it feels like a silent kingdom. A sleeping giant, a forgotten plaque, a silent lake."
21:41 <Skaya> "Our chances of dying increased so much," Skaya mutters. "Alright, so there's a wizard that can open magical doors in the rock, has a lakeside view home here, and possibly a massive earth golem on top of all the chimera."
21:45 <•Devar> "It is peculiar because why go through all the trouble to rehabilitate a place like this?" Devar asks. "But maybe this wizard is just someone who prefers this sort of quiet atmosphere?" A small shrug after that. "Wonder if that wate is the same as the smaller one we saw earlier... I don't see any water coming in from anywhere, so it must come up from there, I guess."
21:46 <Skaya> "If I were a wizard I'd definitely live in style, whether I was a nice reclusive wizard or a kill everyone with my creations one."
21:49 <•Devar> Devar gestures towards Skaya in agreement. "Definitely wouldn't just live in a glorified hole in the ground."
21:52 <•Kotono> "If they want to kill everyone, their mental state and taste is already suspect," Marken points out, "Madmen, the lot of them.
21:52 <•Kotono> "
21:52 <•Kotono> Sanda sniffs, "There are some advantages to solitude, not to mention the defensibility of this place."
21:55 <Skaya> "Yeah, about that. Let's follow the other exits and see where they lead, first."
22:01 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay that's pretty branching and it's about time, so we'll cover further explorations next time. Amazingly, you didn't die. Surprisingly, considering how close you came a few times to trouble.
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Not here days
Last post by Anastasia - February 21, 2024, 10:35:59 PM
May be late or even miss tomorrow, I'll let you know tomorrow when I know.
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Loot (Skaya)
Last post by Anastasia - February 20, 2024, 06:06:33 PM
In that case we'll sort this out start of session. Bring it up IC.
Last post by Nephrite - February 20, 2024, 06:05:46 PM
I can do it while they're figuring out how to bust the circle if that's what they end up doing, but I'll defer to Skaya if we want to do it now or later.
Last post by Anastasia - February 20, 2024, 06:04:13 PM
That takes a bit of time. Are you willing to do that mid dungeon in hostile territory? Serious question.
Last post by Nephrite - February 20, 2024, 05:08:21 PM
Devar would take 10 on Spellcraft for 20 for all of it to try and ID it for whatever that's worth.
Last post by Anastasia - February 19, 2024, 10:21:07 PM
Loot from the three mages

Mundane gear (robes, non magical daggers and a staff, ect)
Three coin pouches, each with a decent amount of money
Gold ring
Gold anklet
Short sword+1
Scrolls of lightning bolt, hideous laughter, invisibility sphere
Potion of cure moderate wounds
Wand of light, 23 charges left
Last post by Nephrite - February 17, 2024, 03:44:57 PM
<Anastasia> OOC: Okay. We'll handle that in thread since I'm about to pause, Devar. So make a post in loot reminding me you'll be checking for magical things for when I post loot.
Old Otik's Table / Re: Share the music
Last post by KLSymph - February 16, 2024, 10:33:46 PM
Hakuna Matata, from the Lion King. Performed on piano by Francesco Parrino.