News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Savage Worlds

Started by tabyk, September 26, 2016, 12:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabyk

Got introduced to the Savage Worlds game system three months ago, an really liking it so far.  It's a universal system (like BESM, GURPS or Palladium) in that you just plug a genre into it and off you go.  Am currently playing a Savage RIFTS game, and am poking at a fan-made Savage Shadowrun adaptation that I found.  Am really liking the simple / quick rule system, less time looking up rules and more time actually storytelling and doing stuff.
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Anastasia

I've seen it a bit and it looks okay, though a little rules light for my tastes. I prefer things a little more focused rather than genre neutral, as I feel good rules for a genre are a big help at making a system work right.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

tabyk

I understand your point, however, for me (who still struggles with trying to understand all that is Shadowrun 5th Edition) there are times in which being a little light is preferable to being just a tad too heavy.  :-)
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Anastasia

Yeah, and I have a reasonably high tolerance for rules (even when not needed), since I cut my teeth on 2nd edition AD&D. It's all relative.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Having played with many (decent folks) who were weren't smart enough to deal with rules heavy, it is good that balance exists.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on September 29, 2016, 11:54:25 PM
Having played with many (decent folks) who were weren't smart enough to deal with rules heavy, it is good that balance exists.

For all I tend to prefer rules heavy, I don't think smart is quite the right word. It's more of a knack (natural or learned) of dealing with a lot of rules. Some people don't have it.
<Afina> Forever.