News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Febras' Scroll

Started by Anastasia, May 05, 2007, 12:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

OOC: Feel free to ask any questions about it you may like in this topic.

The scroll has cracked edges, the ink a solid, timeless blue. Around occasional drawings of runes and notes in eccentric, arcane terms, one can read the following:

Ill defined? No. There's a good chance this may be closer to what magic 'is' instead of most spells. The form given is minimal, influenced only by a concept and not ironclad rules. Unlike a spell, which is set and cannot adapt, this can. To quote: "Spells are energy given perfect and stonelike form. This is the energy without the definition."

Next, after a table of the lunar laws and a small starchart, this lies in soft purple ink.

For a wizard, crude changes are not difficult. Exposing this to organized magic can leave an imprint, giving this focus. But it's like cleaning a spot on the floor with a torrent of water - even if it succeeds, it may not take it in the direction you wish. I am sure of that now. He compared it to a soul without a body or conciousness. That means...?

There are charts next, basic diagrams of simple magic. The foundations of the most basic cantrips, perhaps, written with painstaking care to be flawless. Past these is more writing, this time in a dull, lifeless blue.

I think I understand more now. The forms of magic regulate how much energy can be summoned. The circles of magic are a safeguard, like a series of locks. Even a Sorcerer, one who relies on fiat and whim to his magic, is bound to these. This exists beyond that reconing. Is this the magic of greater beings? Of the Gods? But we -I- lack a tool.

Now comes writing in Elven, Celestian, Dwarven, Abyssial and more. Single words, fragments of meaning. Past this, in rapid, looping words of black ink?

The magic is aligned with darkness. So be it, the font this comes from must be so done. It's an influence, should the means to alter it strike badly it will turn the magic to it's own nature. The necromancy he said was plain. The others act as they do, affecting the magic naturally.

Abjuration - Protective. Protecting the equipment depending on how it influences?

Conjuration

Divination

Enchantment Beguiling. The story of the man who was ensorcelled by a beautiful diamond to chase it even into an endless chasm comes to mind. The magic overall feels contrary in it's evil, if this failed would it become as such?

Evocation

Illusion

Necromancy The base. Magic of life and unlife. Hmm. (AFter those words, there is a small addendium in bright blue ink.) Life force. Altering these things?

Transmutation.Changing one thing into another. It's very essence is changing what the caster finds wanting. Hm.

A break, then words in a deep, rusty red. Amid these is another's handwriting. It's definiely arcane, Seira or Shamal can tell it's part of a basic outline for magic.

The principal is control. Wild dweomer. The opposite of a Wild Mage, a wizard who studies control. Hmph. I believe that this is on the right track, but my studies are limited.

Near the bottom of the scroll there is a little more, written carefully.

It can hide itself. It can manipulate raw magic. I suspected that brash, bold warrior Donald. Fool he may be, but he is not a monster. Investigation is difficult, the tools are limited.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?