News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Meia Gisborn: Not so Pink Anymore, huh?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

As far as the shops go, there's no crystal clean supermalls available, unfortunately.

On the Fortunate side, cold seems to keep the outsides from looking too disgusting. The insides, as indicated by the windows, seem dingy and old...the nicest looking store nearby has a sign proclaiming itself 'Callisto's Premier Pawn Shop! No reasonable offer refused!'

By this point, the three women are feeling the chill, especially Paiway, who's glommed onto Meia bodily for warmth...
---
I love the games I've played here.

Rezantis

If it looks like it might have some clothing, Meia takes the group inside.

If it doesn't, she picks somewhere else at pretty much random!
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bean Bandit

The look of the Pawn shop is that there's a little of everything. Also that winter accoutrements are at a premium, though this is unsurprising.

As the three enter, Paiway looks extremely relieved at the gust of warmth...indeed, it's a relief to all as they enter. Barnette looks around, intrigued by the wall of firearms at the back, and her eyes drifting in other directions, too. Paiway is showing signs of behaving, however, and has yet to even think of detatching herself from Meia.

The store itself is...ordinary. The central space is divided between a free area for clothing and a few bookstands, and the back part with has aisles of shelving to display smaller items. Around the walls, there's a ring of glass cases and shelves for the clerks to stand behind, while the register, and about three particularly nasty looking guns sit. The Clerk is beside them, perking up remarkably at the sight of two attractive women and a young girl entering...
---

Rezantis

Meia gives the clerk a distracted nod, but moves straight over to the winter clothing.  

What is there, is there anything that'll fit Paiway, and how much is it all?

Bean Bandit

The rack is a terrible mishmash of assorted styles. Some wildly inappropriate for the weather outside, but most fairly sturdy clothing. Looks warm enough, too. The only drawbacks are the extremely used conditions of the clothing. Most worn and faded, some stained, and some that smell like the sexual cavortings of rancid beavers.

Now that you look at her, Paiway is not very big at all. Even for a girl her age. Small and slight. There's SOME small stuff, but Paiway will probably have to settle for something oversized.

The Prices, surprisingly, are about right for what one would expect for normal, new coats in your home reality. The nicest, and most expensive, is going for only a hundred and ninety Woolongs.

In the Background, Barnette walks over to the clerk, and points at the back wall, beginning a rather animated conversation with him, in imperious tones.
---

Rezantis

Okay, that's not so bad at all.

Leaving Barnette to her own devices, Meia starts picking through the clothing for the least offensive things she can find that might fit herself and Paiway.

Bean Bandit

This is a difficult search as you find out, to your chagrin that Paiway isn't the only one inhabiting the smaller end of the size rack. Thankfully, not all the men to come to Callisto are giants.

A suitable coat for Paiway is found...it hangs down to her knees, and there's a peculiar stain on the front, but it smells clean at least. Her hands also take some effort to extricate from the sleeves, but the pigtailed girl seems unlikely to complain, having tasted the temperature outside.

Leaving Paiway happily flapping around and still tagging along behind, Meia surfaces eventually with a coat for herself. It even fits with minimal sleeve rolling! Also, it has a tear in the elbow, and looks a million years old, but feels warm enough.
---

Rezantis

Meia picks out something that looks roughly Barnette's size as well, then mentally adds up the prices and heads over to the counter to interrupt the conversation.

"Barnette, can I have the bag for a moment?"

Because I can't remember if they actually had any money, and we do not want to let this guy know we're carrying around a quarter-million.

Bean Bandit

Barnette looks away from the conversation, blinking at Meia and nodding, handing her the duffle...and nearly sending the blue haired woman to the floor in a heap! The bag is HEAVY!
---

Rezantis

Meia winces, lowering the dufffle to the floor - on the other side of herself from the clerk - and opens it up slightly to rummage.

Once she finds the money, she peels off howerever much she needs and closes the bag back up.

Bean Bandit

Barnette kneels beside Meia to retrieve her bag, her brows knotted slightly. "What was that all about? I could have handed you the money?" She whispers, blinking at Paiway, who is soberly examining an overlong sleeve.
---

Rezantis

"You were talking - and I didn't want him to see it all," Meia whispers back.

Bean Bandit

"Why? Is it that much?" Barnette manages to whisper as they both straighten up, the clerk examining them curiously-and suddenly trying to look as though he wasn't. Heaven knows what he might have been staring at.
---

Rezantis

Meia nods as she stands up, then turns to the clerk.

"Sorry to interrupt the conversation - we were looking to buy these coats" she says, putting the two adult coats on the counter, "Paiway, bring that one over here."

Bean Bandit

Paiway trots over, looking like nothing so much as a deranged, pigtailed penguin in her oversized coat, but she seems much more pleased with things now. "Pai-check!"

Barnette just rolls her eyes at the young girl, leaning on the counter and watching the transaction as the clerk prepares to take your money.

"That'll be...three hundred and ten Woolongs." He reports in a voice too squeaky for his stocky, hairy form.
---