News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Vicious-Carthrat Tanewaki, Badass in training?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

"With a solid pretext f-for arrest, we c-can hold someone indefinitely...s-so it's usually a S-storage fee...Unless it's someoneone important, we c-charge one hundred thousand woolongs per month."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

Vicious continues to maintain his sunken expression, placing one hand on the desk. "Are you the sort of man who takes better work where he finds it, sergeant?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

"..." 'Salvador' hesitates for a long time. "So long as I'm not sticking my neck out too far, I make it a policy to never turn down an offer..." he replies, carefully. Ew. Wary fatso is possibly even uglier than 'scared spitless'. The Stammer and fear fade a little as he eyes Vicious questioningly.
---

Carthrat

"This station. It's not too secure," responds Vicious, idly. "And that woman had a kid friend. Bit of a sneak.

"Oh, I'm not saying your VIGIL is lapsing, sergeant. I'm just saying that with two-hundred thosuand woolongs, you'd be able to improve your facilities, so no kid ever let out some broad again. What would you say the weakest link you'd need to improve right now is?"

Bean Bandit

The beady little eyes narrow, but he appears to catch on. "I would say that would do nicely to go toward a better surveillance system for the station...But I'd be more inclined to spend a little more...say, two hundred seventy five...you see, a desk clerk's sidearm is only standard issue, and if certain people got it into their heads it was my fault for letting the child past anyway..."
---

Carthrat

"If you are done with the inane metaphor, then let us conclude this," replies Vicious, sharply. "You will have your scraps when the woman is let out. Needless to say, if anything should happen to her or the sneak..."

Bean Bandit

"Understood! Yessir!" The Sergeant stiffened. "I will be very attentive, but it is hard to see what goes on in the back, where her cell and the rear entrance are!"
---

Carthrat

"Indeed. And the lock?" continues Vicious, raising an eyebrow.

Bean Bandit

"-is nothing special, and can be picked without much effort!" He replies sharply, his voice cracking a little. "The cell door's key seems to have gone missing." He adds, placing a silver, OLD looking key on the desk in front of himself.
---

Carthrat

"At ease. I'm glad we're working together on this," replies Vicious, turning around and starting outside.

When he catches up with Yakiho... "Seems like you get to be the hero, Myojin-san," he muses, handing over the key. "I had a little chat with the owner. If you go around the back-" he gestures to the area- "You'll find it easy to slip in. Think you can take it from there?"

Bean Bandit

"..." Yahiko takes the key, marvelling at it, and looking up at Vicious. "Thanks." He murmured in a strange voice. "I feel kina weird about this, but...alright. I'll bring her back here. Just don't get any weird ideas, like the white suit guy did." Yahiko warned, and headed off at a dead run, angling to slip behind the police station...
---

Carthrat

This is so stupid. Would it have killed her to tell me who I'm dealing with beforehand?

Vicious sits darkly on a step near where Yakiho sad before, glowering at nothing in particular as he waits for the kid's return.

Don't wanna deal with another gang... don't want to let Kaoru rot... I guess this is the better of two things. Either way, I'm so in for it already. Guess I just need to make the most of it.

I wonder if that woman is watching. I'll figure that out when I call her tonight...

Bean Bandit

It was rather a credit to Yahiko that he returned in less than thirty minutes, with someone in tow. It was somewhat LESS to his credit that they were having a spirited (read: loud) Conversation on their way to where he was waiting.

"Can't you be a little grateful?"

"I -am- grateful! I said thank you. Twice, as I recall. What I wanted to know was who bought you the clothes, and how you got the key." The speaker was young, female, and instantly recognizable. Sort of. The voice marked Kaoru, but the way she talked sounded...off. Perhaps because they weren't full out brawling, at this point?

"I told you, I met a guy that would help-and you should be glad I did. Pickpocketing bail money was taking forever."

"Okay. But who? The people on this moon don't look exactly trustworthy, you know?"

It was right about at this point that the pair appeared in the mouth of the alley. Sure enough, expectations were right on the money. Though perhaps slightly disconcerting, as there was no way Kaoru was over nineteen. However, a wrinkled and dissheveled kimono, ponytail and the trademark ribbon were all in place. She could have stepped right out of the pages of the manga...
---

Carthrat

Vicious picks himself up off the ground.

May this be worth it.

"Afternoon," he says, dryly. "Do keep arguing about illegal activity out the front of the station."

Bean Bandit

If 'worth it' is defined as seeing Kamiya Kaoru jump nearly a foot in the air, then this most definitely was, for that is exactly what she did, and let out an expeletive that had Yahiko's jaw dropping as she grabbed at the shinai strapped to his back.
---