Vicious-Carthrat Tanewaki, Badass in training?

Started by Bean Bandit, January 05, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

Kaoru shot Vicious a sharp look at the mention of a 'real' name, but she looked at Yahiko shortly after, and didn't press the point.

"So you're looking to...start over here, then." She inquired, cautiously.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

Vicious rubs his eyes a little.

"Maybe. At the very least, if I have to work for someone, I'll be upset if all I get out of it is a return to the statis quo."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Yahiko snorted audibly at that, and Kaoru rolled her eyes. "Not everyone thinks like he does, Yahiko."

"More people should." The boy replied stoutly.

"That's not for you to decide." Kaoru pointed out, then eyed Vicious. "So what are you expecting to get out of it, then?"
---

Carthrat

Vicious pauses, and suddenly turns around and stares at Kaoru with oddly hungry eyes.

"I'm not sure. All I know is that a curtain's been pulled back from my eyes, and I'll be damned if I let it drop again."

He abruptly starts, and wipes a hand across his face, exhaling slowly. "Ah.. I'm sorry. I really don't know. First of all, I'd like to know what's possible."

He turns around and continues walking back to the hotel. "In every sense."

Bean Bandit

Kaoru stops short, staring at Vicious-the look in her eyes is a strange counterpoint-something in her has been stripped bare enough that the hunger in his eyes shocks her.

She stays rooted to the spot after he begins moving again, finally shaking herself free of the shock, and catching up, but careful about keeping her distance, this time. "...that was creepy." She replies, bluntly.
---

Carthrat

Vicious doesn't reply to that. A glance at the side of his face reveals that his eyes are pointedly slanted, focusing only on what's directly ahead.

You were always totally smooth. Hey, I know, let's pretend you're out to eat souls, next time! She'll totally believe you. You idiot, Vicious.

Bean Bandit

Kaoru doesn't seem inclined to make much conversation after that, and an awkward silence passes over the trio.

"Hey, Vicious. Where's this place you're taking us?" Yahiko pipes up suddenly. "These coats are great, but it's still cold..."
---

Carthrat

"Hotel, for the time being," replies Vicious. "I left some stuff there that I should pick up. But I'm thinking of relocating... in the event of more earthquakes, I think I'd rather be closer to the ground." He snorts.

Bean Bandit

"So more of the building can fall on you?" Kaoru asks, deadpan, still giving Vicious a puzzled look. "What are you planning on telling the hotel about us?" she asks, looking at the street. The snow is thinner here, and instead of the crunch of snow underfoot, the faint click of boots, specifically Vicious' and Yahiko's, as well as the nearly silent noise of Kaoru's straw...sandals? "If you're incognito, hotels can be picky about more people staying in a room than is paid for."
---

Carthrat

"So I can get out the building faster," replies Vicious, deadpan right back. "Since I'm pretty sure I'll be able to guess if one's coming or not... hmm. I do want to test something, though. I wonder if she's really omniscient."

Vicious purses his lips, tapping one hand against the mostly-concealed sword to the rear of his belt. Trenchcoats had their advantages, after all.. and glances at Kaoru's feet, his face suddenly becoming uncharacteristically apologetic.

"Ah, fuck, I meant to get you shoes, but I didn't know your size," he says, somewhat shamefaced. "The shop's not far from here. I'll give you the money, don't want your feet getting frostbite or anything.."

Bean Bandit

Kaoru looks at Vicious askance as he speaks, waiting for what comes next, and looks honestly surprised by the swerve off topic.

"Ah...I, uh..." She looks down at the sandals, and the tabi socks-"Well, they're getting a bit wet. Thank you?" She ventures, eyes wide.
---

Carthrat

"It's really not a problem..." replies Vicious, handing Kaoru a fistful of woolongs, and then getting a look at her odd expression.

"Er..."

Bean Bandit

Kaoru takes the money graciously, a tentative nod on reciept, the stunned expression still on her face. "Thank you." She says again, shaking her head a little, blinking and looking at the money, then looking back at Vicious at the 'er'.

"Hmm?"
---

Carthrat

A litany of quips goes through Vicious' head, but he ends with a "Nothing. It's just down this way," he gestures, leading onwards to the place he picked up Yakiho's clothes and shoes from.

Bean Bandit

"Right." Kaoru follows a few steps behind, and Yahiko trails, vaguely interested.

The return to the store is fairly quick, as it's on the way back, naturally. It's a nice store, if not particularly ritzy, ordinary racks of clothes and selection, but as Vicious leads Kaoru in, something strikes him.

There are no women's clothes on display. At all. In point of fact, Kaoru's appearance in the doorway is drawing surprised looks from the nondescript men manning the store.

Not just surprised, but all out amazed, really.
---