News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Sailor Moon Mini Game (Setsuna)

Started by Anastasia, March 08, 2007, 02:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This is basically a small Sailor Moon game I'm running with Bean on the side. Logs will be posted here for now, I may get a board or do something with it later if it takes off.

Anyway, without further hesitation:

[08:17] <Kotono> --------
[08:20] <Kotono> There are many places that can be described as such; windswept, cold, rocky, distant. Perhaps a great desert or a forgotten mountain, or even the arctic airs. Yet none of these have green stone, green, yellow and gray rocks. The vegetation is minimal, only hardy trees that stand amid snowy drifts and ice. In this chilly place, one could imagine it is a forsaken reach of the solar system. Indeed, Pluto looms. (More)
[08:23] <Kotono> On a great hilltop, surrounded by ice dangling trees, the palace sits. The palace of Charon, the stately black stone uniced and warm. Glassed windows dot the serene and stern palacescape, one atop the northeastern tower. High up, one can look both down at Pluto, and at the distant sun. In the warm castle, a single beautiful towertop room. (More)
[08:24] <Kotono> "Setsuna? Setsuna! Hey!" The voice is female, vying for attention. Away from the same landscape that has been seen a dozen-thousand times, instead from your room. Your beautiful, perfect, esteemed room, grand velvet bed. Chimes to call servants as needed, all suited to a Princess.
[08:27] <Setsuna> The grand velvet bed is currently where her face is buried. Under a luxuriously thick and warm blanket, hair splayed carelessly over her pillow, Setsuna makes a determined effort to remain in dreamland, despite the siren call of that thing known as 'Awake'.
[08:29] <Kotono> Plunk. The feeling of two small feet landing on the back of Setsuna's head is like a slight pressure headache. "Wake up! Your mother wants to see you - did you forget what today is?"
[08:32] <Setsuna> "Mrrphle..." comes the garbled reply from deep in the pillow, consciousness intruding reluctantly. "'taecia, dat hurt..." Setsuna mumbles, lifting her head blearily.
[08:33] <Kotono> "Well, get up! If you don't get up soon, your mother's going to wake you up!" Altaecia's voice rings in your ears, "Queen Serenity is here!"
[08:36] <Setsuna> "What?!" Setsuna sits bolt upright in bed, posture suddenly extremely alert, even if that alertness hasn't made it into her expression. "Wha-? Why is she? Where-?" Motivated, if not fully concious, Setsuna slips her legs over the edge of the bed and attempts to stand, managing a passible approximation of it.
[08:37] <Kotono> Flying across the bed and air is Altaecia! The little green slyph rights herself in midair, fairy wings compensating as she twirls about! "Careful!" The pixie cautions, grabbing af ar bedpost to stop her flight, clinging onto it. "It's about being Sailor Charon, I know that."
[08:43] <Setsuna> "Sorry...Sorry." Setsuna repeats groggily to the hovering slyph. "Charon? But why didn't she tell me she was coming? or Mom?" Setsuna takes a deep breath, and begins padding over to her suite's bathroom, but hesitating and going back to her bed and ringing for one of the servants. Better to leave her choice of clothes for something this important in the hands of someone who actually might know what was appropriate.
[08:45] <Kotono> "I'm not sure, but..." Altaecia rights herself, as a couple of bowing servants come in. They merely go to the closets, across the smooth black floor. "I'm fairly sure it's important."
[08:47] <Setsuna> "You think?" Setsuna retorts dryly. "You don't think Her Highness is here to survey for a vacation home?" She asks, nodding and smiling sleepily to the servants heading back to the bathroom and pulling off the ankle length crimson nightdress as she does.
[08:49] <Kotono> Soon Setsuna is clad. A proper green ballgown and dress, smooth and with elbow length black gloves. They go for onix and sapphire jewelry, even starting to tie Setsuna's hair back. As all of this goes on, "Of course not. Don't be that flippant. If you're lucky, perhaps she wants you on the Moon for a time?"
[08:52] <Setsuna> Setsuna is relatively docile during the process of being dressed, only fidgeting at the nervwracking oddity of such a formal occaision invading her home directly. "You think?" Setsuna asks nervously. "What would she want -me- on the moon for? I was lucky not to get kicked out of the last Lunar Ball."
[08:57] <Kotono> As your hair is neatly tucked into a bun and delicate shoes are put on, "Her Majesty works in mysterious ways?" Altaecia smiles placidly, as she starts to fly towards the hall, the dressing done. Behind you servants bow, stepping back.
[08:59] <Setsuna> "Oh, you're a big help." Setsuna gripes, fighting the urge to touch her hair, waving to the servants in a peculiarly casual gesture. "Thank you." She tells them, heading to the door of her room, nervously rubbing her glove-clad forarms.
[09:01] <Kotono> Down halls of long walks, beautiful and decorated. Skylights let in the black, starry sky, paintings and statues on both sides. Down this hall, servants bowing and stepping well out of your way as you pass. "You'll find out. Perhaps Princess Jupiter wants to train you again, or even Princess Mars has had her fancy tickled?"
[09:05] <Setsuna> Setsuna nods at the servants the pass, trying to remember the rules of decorum, hearing her mother's voice in her head admonishing her to stop walking like she's wearing pants. "Princess Mars scares me." Setsuna replies frankly. "Even more than Jupiter-and she spent a goodly portion of a few years beating me up on a regular basis."
[09:08] <Kotono> "Well, Princess Mars is...my." Altaecia just lets it go as you approach the Throne Room. The doors here are dozens of feet wide each, grand carvings on them. Carvings of a grand gate surrounded by mists, and below it a realm of bodies and souls, sleeping and stirring. The detail is high, ornate and showing much. As you approach, a dozen guardsmen go forward, pushing the doors open....
[09:11] <Setsuna> Setsuna cringes. "Do I look ok?" she asks, her voice seeming to die out as she takes a deep breath, walking quietly through the opening doors, and into beyond...
[09:13] <Kotono> "You look fine," Altaecia murmurs, setting down on your shoulder, legs kicking down. As she does, "Her Grand Royal Highness, the Countess of Charon, the Most Esteemed Ward of the Death and Those in Passing, the 43rd Bearer of the Great Plutoian Seal, Her Most Serene and Majestic Majesty Setsuna of Pluto and Charon!"
[09:13] <Kotono> The voice comes from all around, formal and declaring. IN this long hall is a single throne of perfect, smooth black stone, accented with green sapphires. It glitters despite the even light, and who sits there but...(More)
[09:15] <Kotono> Princess Pluto watches on. Her soft green hair is uncut but luxurious, a gown of the thinnest, most etherial black worn. It's stately, yet somehow reminds you of the mists of the ether. A grand tiara sits on her head, posture straight. She smiles, distant and chilly, formal. Besides her stands another, wearing a familiar, stately whie gown. Her hair is tied back into two cascades, the glowing cresecent moon of her rank shining atop her forehea
[09:16] <Kotono> forehead.
[09:18] <Setsuna> The sudden urge to laugh and the violent urge to surpress it whenever her full title is delared aloud in such somber tones never fully goes away, but after much practice (And memories of the first time she couldn't surpress giggling) She doesn't even flinch anymore, taking measured steps into the hall, giving Altaecia a briefly panicked glance as she tries to remember what to do-and finally settles (more)
[09:20] <Setsuna> for approaching her mother and the Lunar queen and curtseying, trusting Altaecia to kick her if she's picked the wrong way to present herself. *Am I supposed to kneel? I forget-* She worries absently.
[09:21] <Kotono> "Kneeeeel! It's her Lunar Majesty!" Altaecia whispers quickly. You notice your mother waiting, stern.
[09:23] <Setsuna> *Eek!* Setsuna fumbles the curtsey, but manages to halt herself instead of rising, sinking to her knees in front of them and bowing her head, entirely unable to surpress a dark blush at the near-gaffe.
[09:25] <Kotono> "Rise." Queen Serenity speaks, her voice soft. It barely carries to you, demure and kind. "For we are to go to the Gates of Time this day."
[09:28] <Setsuna> *We are? What?* Setsuna does as commanded, rising to her feet and straightening, though the words never make it to her mouth, and she just nods. "Yes, Your Majesty." She murmurs softly, shooting a confused look to her mother before straightening fully, and giving Serenity her full attention.
[09:30] <Kotono> Your mother's look in return is distant, dissapointed. "Approach." She stands as well, and in a moment of thought, her Time Key and Garnet Orb appear in her hand. Serenity steps forward as now, a smile that lights up her face.
[09:33] <Setsuna> Setsuna's stomach twists at the disappointed look, and she sets her jaw as she approaches, carefully masking her frustration-*I didn't do anything wrong yet!* And tentatively smiles back at Serenity as she does as she's told.
[09:35] <Kotono> The three women are together. Once they are, Mother raises the Garnet Orb up, towards the sky. "Great guardian of time, Pluto. Part the ways of linear movement and allow us to go to where the true aspects of Chronus can be seen." As this is spoken, you feel your body twinge, an airy, cold wind blowing across you.
[09:37] <Setsuna> *Why in god's name do I have to wear a drafty ball gown for this?* Is the inane thought that flickers through her mind, but she doesn't even shiver-Princess Jupiter solved any complaints about tempurature discomfort when one complaint ended with her camping on Callisto for a week. She still got cold, but she never ever complained about it again.
[09:38] <Kotono> The chilly air makes your arms tickle with goosebumps, shivery and chill. The palace throne room fades into soft gray mist, parting around you. Ahead of you is the Grand Gate, the Nexus of Time. Where the duty of the line of Pluto is ironcast, eternal. "...achoo!" Serenity sneezes, shivering.
[09:39] <Kotono> Altaecia murmurs softly, "Been a little while, hasn't it?"
[09:42] <Setsuna> Setsuna bites her lip to keep from smiling, but she Nods slightly in response to the soft voice in her ear. She wasn't brought here often-likely as a result of what her mother described as 'lack of appropriate Seriousness'.
[09:44] <Kotono> Mother merely smiles briefly to Serenity, "I forget you never find this gate agreeable. So shall we begin, Majesty?" Mother turns right to you, stern.
[09:44] <Kotono> "Yes, go on," Serenity smiles, but it's fading away as well. "Sailor Charon, transform."
[09:50] <Setsuna> "Ah-um, yes." Setsuna nods sharply, recoving from being taken aback quickly, and the pen comes out! "Charon...Power!"
[09:50] * Setsuna is now known as Sailor_Charon
[09:53] <Kotono> So Sailor Charon transforms! AS the power of time flows into Setsuna, Altaecia takes to the air, fluttering up and away. The moment Sailor Charon appears, Serenity goes on. "I come here to task you, Sailor Charon. "
[09:55] <Sailor_Charon> This, at least, is straightforward. Sailor Charon takes a deep breath as an unpleasantly draft outfit becomes even more drafty-but drafty with a weapon! Setsuna fumbles a moment, and settles for a respectful bow. "I'm at your disposal, Your Majesty." She replies softly.
[09:57] <Kotono> "The Time Stream has shown signs of unstableness. Our auguries show that a force is attempting to change time at various junctures." Setsuna hears these words, the Lunar Queen solemn.
[09:57] <Kotono> "You would know if this if you studied better," Mother observes pointedly.
[09:59] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna flinches slightly at the rebuke, but just nods-an argument in front of the queen makes nothing better-no matter how much she fumes at being embarrassed, flushing, she simply nods, waiting silently.
[10:00] <Kotono> "We must send an agent throughout time to preserve the timeline and history. If we do not, our reality will change and our future will become not our choice, but the slavery of the being responsible. That person...is you."
[10:00] <Kotono> Serenity smiles at those words, just a moment.
[10:03] <Sailor_Charon> Sailor Charon's eyes widen a little-That sounds like a heavy job for a Senshi trainee-but she'll be damned if she lets her mother have even a hint that she might be intimidated. "I'm..." her voice cracks slightly, and she swallows, going on in even tones. "Honored to be chosen."
[10:05] <Kotono> Mother smiles, cold enough to inspire the image of icicles coming from her mouth. But Serenity goes on regardless. "Our kingdom thanks your service, Sailor Charon. Your mother will inform you of your duties."
[10:08] <Sailor_Charon> *Oh-this is not good in many, many ways...* "I understand." Charon replies softly, groping for something more to say, and kicking herself when a "Thank you for your trust." and a bow is all she can manage.
[10:08] <Kotono> "Well then..." Serenity nods to you, starting to shimmer. "I must return to the Moon now. Be well, and may all the planets look over you."
[10:10] <Sailor_Charon> Holding onto her scythe to brace herself, Setsuna kneels as the Queen begins to shimmer, waiting until she leaves and bracing for it...
[10:10] <Kotono> It only takes a few seconds. "Setsuna,' Mother's voice is crisp and to the point. "Shall I begin, or do you need time to study your basics again?"
[10:13] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna rises as the Queen leaves, and she grimaces-the urge to...No. Fighting her is tiring and difficult if not impossible to win. "I'm ready." She replies mildly, trying not to sigh.
[10:16] <Kotono> "The first issue is that because you're not capable of using the Gates of Time yourself is that I must teleport you to the right point in time, then extract you." A pause, looking on at her daughter, distant. "Once you arrive in each time, only return when you are ready to leave, or have no choice. IF you leave without the task at hand done, you may not be able to return to that phase of time."
[10:17] <Sailor_Charon> "So I'm on my own until the job is done." Setsuna supplies blandly, with only a slight edge. "I can handle that." *And have. Repeatedly.*
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

[21:08] <Kotono> "Yes. If you leave early, you concede that history will change." Mother frowns at this, long. "More than anything else, the timeline must NOT be greatly altered."
[21:11] <Sailor_Charon> "..." Setsuna stares at her mother. "'Greatly?' Are you leaving this as a judgement call, or you just don't think I can do this?" She asks tightly, ignoring that only moments ago, she harboured the same doubts.
[21:12] <Kotono> Mother frowns even more, harshly. "Tsk. A small ripple may fade out into the greater serene whole. A great wave will not."
[21:14] <Sailor_Charon> "Or a small ripple might gather strength and turn into a tidal wave." Setsuna replies dubiously, but a little smugly-She remembered her basics-and the not-so basics, too.
[21:16] <Kotono> "We shall see..." Mothere merely smiles at this, distant. "Now then. Most of the incidents seem to be on Earth."
[21:17] <Sailor_Charon> *Why do I feel like I played into her hands with that one?* "Earth?" She blinks-that was new. "What could happen on earth to affect the Solar System?"
[21:22] <Kotono> "A land not in tune with the rest of the Solar System, hm? Tell me, do you think it to have no bearing on the world?" Mother's smile is tight and bloodless, waiting sternly.
[21:22] <Kotono> Altaecia flies behind you, staying quiet mostly. "Don't let her intimadate you..."
[21:26] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna smiles inwardly-Altaecia has good timing. Outwardly, she takes the tiny slyph's advice, putting her free hand on her hip. "That would be careless. I meant that Earth has always been 'different'. It doesn't even have a Senshi. Wouldn't the Queen keep a closer eye on it than any other Planet?"
[21:28] <Kotono> "Good." Mother's eyes sparkle half a moment, smile loosening. "That's exactly why you'll be going there the most. It's the perfect place for unseemly things to blossom up."
[21:33] <Sailor_Charon> *Goddammit, either she's fucking with me, or I'm -way- too predictable.* "..." Is all Setsuna says aloud for a moment. "...So it's not that most of the problems are happening on Earth, it's that those are the ones you actually found -because- Her highness has you keeping an eye on it!" Setsuna declares suddenly, triumphantly.
[21:35] <Kotono> "Perhaps so." Mother just smiles a little more, yet her eyes are hard, lightless. "There is something happening on Earth and in the times of Earth primarily. Your mission is to stop each flare up and try to gather information on the source."
[21:38] <Sailor_Charon> Confidence surging a little, Setsuna nods. "Is this going to be a long term drop, or do I deal with each little incident seperately?" She asks, thinking hard.
[21:39] <Kotono> "Mostly little incidents, at least for now. After all, the longer you're there, the more likely the future could change." A pause now, Mother pursing her lips. "I believe you could handle that."
[21:40] <Sailor_Charon> "So pleased to find out you don't think I'm a complete moron." Setsuna replies icily.
[21:44] <Kotono> "Perhaps you aren't...yet." Mother just smiles frigidly, "Altaecia will be able to provide you clothes fitting into each time period and region. Now then, the first..."
[21:46] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna bares her teeth, but manages to restrain herself, her knuckles whitening as she grips the scythe-*This is a mission from the queen, and if you club your mother unconscious, you won't be able to hear the briefing until she wakes up*
[21:49] <Kotono> "Now then..." Mother turns towards the gate, "Your first task is simple. In Earth's far past, you find find humans living side by side giant lizards and volcanoes. A leader of the 'Yosutba' tribe is important to the timeline, a near descendant will make several key inventions for humankind. I have found sources of energyp ointing towards a historical distortion and change there."
[21:52] <Sailor_Charon> "...Giant Lizards and Volcanoes?" Setsuna manages to distract herself, heart sinking. "They've advanced past pre-historical, at least?" She asks hopefully. The Vague tone was not at all promising.
[21:54] <Kotono> "Cave men and women in skin dresses. I'm sure leopard or tigerskin will suit you," Mother looks up towards the gate, long green hair pooling down, reaching the mist ground. Around you, the chilly gray/white ether pools, chilling.
[21:57] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna bites back the sarcastic 'fantastic' bubbling to her lips, an 'I can handle anything you dish out' look at her mother. "Do you have anything helpful to add, or am I to do the real work on my own?"
[22:00] <Kotono> "Yes. The cheiften or chiefteness has blonde hair. Altaecia will help you find her," Mother says, as she becomes blurry, the mists thickening around you.
[22:04] <Sailor_Charon> "Well, that's something, at least." Setsuna gripes, gripping her scythe nervously, and closing her eyes to wait. "Did she talk to you about this earlier, Altaecia?" Setsuna asks the air quietly, wondering if she should start clinging to her bed more-an uncomfortable feeling that she's going to learn to appreciate it soon is surfacing.
[22:09] <Kotono> "Just a little..." Altaecia giggles, but sounds nervous as you lose sight of the Gate altogether. Misty and chilly, but you can also hear the buzzing of insects now. "Sorry, I had rather strict instructions."
[22:12] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna's eyes snap open as the sounds of many, many bugs begin to fill the air, and she shifts her weapon to a two handed grip. "...You were trying to hint this morning, weren't you?" She realizes, casting about warily. This mission could be hell in numerous ways...
[22:14] <Kotono> The chill of the mist is fading, a balmy heat clinging to Setsuna's skin. "Heh...heh..yeah." Altaecia lands on your shoulder, sighing.
[22:17] <Sailor_Charon> The heat is rather welcome-though it's probably not a good sign, bugwise, and her nerves are still stretched tight, waiting for reality to reassert itself. "I never pay enough attention to what you tell me, I know, I know." The Teen Senshi replies strainedly. "Has she dropped us in a swamp, or something?"
[22:21] <Kotono> "We'll find out..." Altaecia makes a little whimpering noise, "I hate swamps!"
[22:22] <Sailor_Charon> "Bugs..." Setsuna mumbles nervously. "I can hear them..."

[20:49] <Anastasia> So the mists of time vanish! It's a jungle! A thick jungle, full of life! You stand on an animal trail, the smell of life strong. The path goes ahead, the hints of a clearing and crude huts down the road.
[20:50] <Anastasia> "..I was hoping for something more elegant," Altaecia sniffs, then sneezes twice. "Oh well, more reason to not slack off and get to the point, eh?"
[20:54] <Sailor_Charon> "Kinda." Setsuna agrees, grimacing and looking around warily for the source of the buzzing before forcing herself to calm down. "Yeah. Let's go so that we can hurry back to a time -after- they've invented bug repellant." Charon mumbles unhappily, smiling faintly up at her friend. "And have a long talk about what exactly mom told you about this." She adds, beginning to walk down the road carefully, wary for prying eyes, and reluctant to release Charon's power just yet.
[20:55] <Sailor_Charon> and reluctant to release Charon's power just yet.
[20:59] <Anastasia> "Let me know if you wanna change into more suitable clothes. Gonna start being not noticed now," Altaecia perches on your shoulder, whispering into Charon's ear. So as Setsuna goes on, she heads towards the huts. It's a small group of a few dozen of them, woven straw and mud. In the center is a huge bonfire and a few dozen people - they wear animal skins and leopard skins, dancing around the fire and chanting. At the head are two - both blo
[21:01] <Anastasia> both blonde. A man wearing a gray animal skin and waving a club around, and a woman in a pair of small skins amazingly like a bikini of gray and brown fur. (More)
[21:02] <Anastasia> "Tomorrow we go to hunt!" The woman calls, pumping her fist into the air. "The great Dactyl beast! Sharp talons! Big teeth!" As she goes, a steady chant plays under her. "Oooo! Aaaaaaa!"
[21:07] <Sailor_Charon> Setsuna cringes, halting her advance and planning bodily harm unto her mother. So much for the hope that this would be simple. She looks to Altaecia with a sigh. "I'm going to let go of the transformation, now...get ready to cover up my gown with...those." Setsuna whispers, reluctant to be seen as different by these people...and a little upset at the pair of blondes, rather than just one. "Three...two...One..." Setsuna takes a deep breath and releases Charon, reverting to her own identity.
[21:07] * Sailor_Charon is now known as Setsuna
[21:08] <Setsuna> Setsuna takes a deep breath and releases Charon, reverting to her own identity.
[21:10] <Anastasia> "Disguise power, GO!" Altaecia calls! Clothes appear as you detransform - a one piece dark gray animal skin, reaching from neck to knees! It's warm and soft, yet quite rugged in apperance. "Didn't think you'd want the two piece model," Altaecia whispers back.
[21:16] <Setsuna> Setsuna smiles at the little slyph. "I love you." She grins in the same whisper, smoothing the 'dress' happily. "I might change my mind if it gets too hot, but this is perfect. The less attention I get, the better." She goes back to watching the people dancing around the fire, and the task at hand. "Two blondes. This is going to be harder than she made it sound. Also...how am I supposed to approach people like this without getting attacked?"
[21:17] <Anastasia> "No matter how it is, we'll kill it!" The man chants and cheers, loudly and baudily. "For the tribe!"
[21:17] <Anastasia> "That's the fun part. If you're at this a bit, I think you need to work on your bluffing skills," Altaecia quickly whispers back, wings wiggling.
[21:20] <Setsuna> "Charming." Setsuna replies blandly, eyes still on the proceedings, looking for people that look as out of place as she feels-hopefully the people she's here to thwart haven't made their move yet. "I'm in over my head already, aren't I?"
[21:32] <Anastasia> There are two - one's a taller man, dancing around. He only wears a furskin bottom, waving a primitive stone ax. His hair is black, body dirty. The other is a young woman, with vibrant purple hair. She paces around and around, waving her hands. She wears a leopard skin dress, skin pale.
[21:35] <Setsuna> Setsuna's eyes narrow as they settle on the two that don't quite fit in, "Altaecia...do I look dirty enough to pass muster if they look at me closely?" Setsuna asks suddenly. "I need to get into this village if this is going to work."
[21:36] <Anastasia> Setsuna looks quite clean, "Nope," Altaecia murmurs after a moment, looking you over. "Looks like you bathed recently." She sniffs the air, wincing, "Beats most ofthem."
[21:41] <Setsuna> "Ugh-we'd better find some mud, then." Setsuna sighs. "I don't like the look of that black haired guy."
[21:43] <Anastasia> Altaecia glances to the sides, plenty of dirt and mud to be found! "The one with the ax? Okay..." the slyph murmurs quietly, "Gotcha."
[21:47] <Setsuna> Setsuna nods and crouches down, picking up some of the mud and splattering it generously around her feet and knees before moving to the dryer dirt, and dusting her arms and face with it-not too much, only enough to obscure a suspiscious amount of grooming. "The woman in the leopard skin looks weird, too." She adds as she finishes the obnoxious task. "But she looks more crazy than dangerous."
[21:50] <Anastasia> The mud smells earthy and feels cool. Not so bad, actually. "Mmmm. The one with the pale skin? Just don't do anything you can't take back," Altaecia warns carefully, "And don't try to change things if you can help it!"
[21:52] <Setsuna> "I know, I know." Setsuna replied softly. "But better to make a small change by accident than let them make a big one." She replied decisively. "Do I stand out at all anymore?" She asks, presenting herself for appraisal.
[21:53] <Anastasia> "Not at all," Altaecia grins, floating off you a few moments. "You're gonna have to spend a week getting that out of your hair, though."
[21:57] <Setsuna> "I'm trying really hard not to think about that." Setsuna griped. "I can -feel- the dirt grains...bleh. So all I need now is an excuse to get in without them turning on me."
[22:01] <Anastasia> "Mmmm..." Altaecia looks back, as the group is continuing to pace and dance. "Any ideas?"
[22:03] <Setsuna> "I don't know." Setsuna admitted. "I was thinking I'd just wing it." She gave the slyph a faint, flickering grin. "I do my best thinking under pressure."
[22:04] <Anastasia> "Heh...good luck," The little wind fairy settles back onto your shoulder, waiting.
[22:10] <Setsuna> Setsuna smiles faintly at her friend and takes a deep breath-and kicks a tree. Hard. Hissing a little at the explosion of pain from her foot, She uses tree bark to scratch up her arms a little, and thus prepared, begins to limp into the little village, not making any more efforts to hide herself, keeping her head ducked low, and waiting for one of the people-hopefully the blondes! To notice her before she really goes into her act.
[22:13] <Anastasia> The blondes are calling and chanting! The woman goes back and forth, pacing, "The great Dactyl's claws can please the gods! They can...?" She stops, "OOooh! Person from another tribe?!"
[22:15] <Setsuna> Setsuna stiffens and collapses the moment she can see she's been noticed, hoping that these people aren't medically savvy enough to catch on how physically healthy she is. Even if this all goes sour, and she's 'captured', presenting herself as a negligible threat is the best she can think of...and proceeds to play dead, but listening closely to all the conversation around her.
[22:19] <Anastasia> You hear a lot of noise, footshuffles coming towards you. "She's pretty..." a man calls, "Oooooo! Oooo! She hurt?" A woman asks. "Outta the way!" A third calls, voice strong, another woman.
[22:19] <Anastasia> "Hey!" A hand shakes Setsuna's shoulder, a little eep as you feel Altaecia fly away. "Hey! You hurt?"
[22:22] <Setsuna> Setsuna tries not to overact, and only stirs a little as she's shaken, moaning softly-and trying to ignore the man, though she preens inwardly. *You're damn right I am, mister.* She worries a little as Altecia flies away, but forces herself to stay mostly still. Gotta sell the act before she 'wakes up'...
[22:27] <Anastasia> "SMell blood!" A woman's voice - you think it's the blonde offhand - calls. "Cuts! Get sticky sap!" You hear more feet moving, people making noise as they move.
[22:32] <Setsuna> Setsuna winces inwardly, mentally upgrading the necessary shower time-though this seems to be bearing fruit. The woman seems to be in charge-placing her as the suspected target. It's more progressive than she expected from earth-weren't they supposed to be a patriarchy? Cautiously, she lets her eyelashes flutter a little-hinting that she's about to wake up.
[22:39] <Anastasia> "Careful!" That woman's voice again, but then the man's, "Is she from another tribe," he murmurs, "Get her to a hut."
[22:41] <Setsuna> *Oh. Maybe not so cut an dried-He seems kind of important, too.* Setsuna realizes, opening her eyes slowly, and making a small show of shrinking fearfully at the people surrounding her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

[09:15] <Kotono> Setsuna's eyes open just in time to see the blonde man picking her up! "Ooof! She a bit heavy," he comments, slinging Setsuna over his shoulder, face down into his back!
[09:19] <Setsuna> "I am not heavy!" *Oh, fark-Setsuna, you're supposed to be hurt...* "Mppht!"
[09:21] <Kotono> "Shh!" The man grunts as you're carried along, into a cool hut. The air is shielded from the sun, humid but not so warm. Kind of pleasant, actually. "You okay," he asks, as you feel him kneel down.
[09:23] <Setsuna> Taken slightly aback, Setsuna decides to stay the course. "Thirsty." She mumbles embarrassedly-if her mother is watching this indignity, she had better keep her mouth shut.
[09:26] <Kotono> Tlump! Setsuna is placed down on a fur skin mat on the ground, the man nodding. "Get water and sap!"
[09:27] <Setsuna> "Ow!" Setsuna rubs her butt, glaring up at the man briefly.
[09:30] <Kotono> He's already going - but as he goes out, a little slyph innocently flies past him. Altaecia glances back at him, then shoots Setsuna a wincing look. "Heh..." she whispers as she sits down on the green haired girl's shoulder. "You alright?"
[09:32] <Setsuna> "Only my dignity is wounded." Setsuna assures the sylph dryly. "And my acting could use some work, though I think I at least convinced them that I'm harmless."
[09:34] <Kotono> "Hope so!" Setsuna hears the slyph's singsong, "But they appear friendly and...oooh!" Suddenly she goes quiet, curling up on your shoulder.
[09:36] <Setsuna> Setsuna falls silent as well, glancing around quietly, a little uneasy-they ARE friendly...which means waiting for the other shoe to drop.
[09:38] <Kotono> As you turn, you see the the female blonde enter. She's carrying a bowl of what looks to be stems and leaves, the smell very strong. Pungent and it makes your nose hairs feel sweetly overwhelmed, as she looks you over. "Sap time!" she nods, "Did Dactyl get you?"
[09:42] <Setsuna> A quick mental debate rages in Setsuna's head-*"Lies complicate things. The Truth, bent to suit the situation is always best, as you don't have to keep track of your story."* She shook her head. "No...I came a long way. Small animals and hiking...tired and sore."
[09:47] <Kotono> "Ooooh. Give me your arm," she says, even as she reaches out and yanks it forward. She quickly begins to apply a cool, smelly sap to Setsuna's arms. "Do you know about the Dactyl's around here? Big, giant dinobirds!"
[09:50] <Setsuna> "Mmm." Setsuna nods. "Big stretchy wings, like animal skins on the no-fur side." She agrees, falling into the 'baby talk' with mild chagrin, and coughing a little as she offers up her arm to the blonde woman. "Where am I, anyway?" She asks, innocently.
[09:53] <Kotono> "High land! Near the Singing Mountain." Setsuna has to admit that her cuts and scrapes feel much better on this treatment, pain fading away. (2 HP recovered if you've lost any.) "We're gonna go hunt the Great Dactyl tomorrow, so you get to watch."
[09:54] <Setsuna> Setsuna blinks-touching her arm. "That's amazing..." She murmurs, then blinks at the woman. "I can watch?"
[09:57] <Kotono> "Sure! We're going to finally getthe Great Dactyl! We'll get it good, since you know why?" She stands up, "Blood of Great Dactyl grants this!" She taps her head a few times, rather hard. "Tribe legends say that dactyl blood make this," Another thump at her head, "As strong as this!" At taht she flexes her arm, biceps quite strong.
[10:00] <Setsuna> Setsuna's lips part in surprise-though after the sap, she supposes she should be open minded. "Is it only your tribe that hunts the Pter-er, Dactyl?"
[10:01] <Kotono> "Most other tribes aren't strong enough. We are!" At this crowing pronoucement, the blonde male comes in. "Aya! New tribe shaman say that she see something!"
[10:02] <Setsuna> Setsuna's ears perk up at the word 'new' but she keeps quiet, just looking at the man as he comes in, faintly displeased with how roughly she was carried around.
[10:04] <Kotono> Aya nods, "Oooh! Be back, you rest up!" With that, she heads out, leaving Setsuna alone.
[10:08] <Setsuna> Getting up and limping to the door to see if the meeting will happen nearby, Setsuna looks to Altaecia ruefully. "Does the words 'New Shaman' Sound as suspiscious to you as it does to me?"
[10:13] <Kotono> "My, I hope our first one is an easy one!" Altaecia agrees cheerfully, fluttering onto your shoulder. So Setsuna goes to the door - she can see the tribe gathering around the bonfire.
[10:15] <Setsuna> "Mmm...To go and eavesdrop, or not..." Setsuna murmurs, straightening, and wincing a little as her foot protests. "Kick me if I injure myself as part of a cunning plan next time, would you?"
[10:17] <Kotono> "Definietly. I'm so glad that sap's not around in the future!" The little slyph wrinkles her nose, "Bath right after you get back, alright?" Meanwhile, you can see Aya at the front of the tribe. "The Great Dactyl hunt is tomorrow," she begins, "And our shaman has a vision about it!"
[10:19] <Setsuna> "Yes yes. Shh." Setsuna murmurs. "See if you can get a look at this shaman without being seen." She whispers.
[10:22] <Kotono> "Right!" Altaecia nods and flutters off, carefully going to the skies! Meanwhile you can hear her, even if all the people are blocking your view. "Alright! Oooga! Boooga!" Her voice sounds quite perky, almost insidiously so. "Right! Great dactyl, yeah! I got a vision, alright! It'll be on the Singing Mountains tomorrow, and you can go kill it! Aya and Kin need to go charge and take it out first or the spirits will bring calamity!"
[10:23] <Setsuna> "-That- is some of the most suspiciously well constructed language I've heard since I got here." She whispers to herself. "I begin to get a sense of what the plot is..."
[10:28] <Kotono> "Oooooh! Aaaaaa!" The natives dance around the fire, quick and powerful, "So, feast tonight and be ready with a full stomach for tomorrow at dawn"
[10:31] <Setsuna> Setsuna keeps a sharp eye out for Aya, and the hut as she backs off a little, digesting what she just heard. *Singing mountains...Hmmm. They're strong people-they've hunted a Pterodactyl before...the plot must have something to do with the mountain.
[10:31] <Setsuna> *
[10:34] <Kotono> Aya's just visible, rallying e natives. "Oooooo! Aaaaa!" They chant, dancing. "Feast tonight! FEAST!"
[10:35] <Setsuna> Setsuna lingers, moving to keep herself hidden from the blonde woman's eyes, listening hard for any more scraps of information.
[10:36] <Kotono> Everyone's starting to break up. Aya happens to turn her back to you, as you see Altaecia flutter down. It's all about preparations now, calling out for hunts and the like.
[10:39] * Setsuna looks to Altaecia questioningly. Though she knows being up and around will raise questions if Aya or the blonde man catches her, it doesn't feel right to retreat just yet, and she tries to soak up all the information she can.
[10:58] <Kotono> So Setsuna listens. She can hear a few talking about a hunt just out of town, for tiger meat. Another's talking about gathering the 'good, green berries!'. Aya's going off somewhere, as you note the tall, ax holding man going to the forest. The purple haired woman is near the fire, alone.
[11:00] <Setsuna> Setsuna grimaces, and moves off to discreetly view where Aya is going, whispering out of the corner of her mouth to her best friend. "Who's the Shaman?"
[11:01] <Kotono> "Guess who?" Altaecia singsongs lightly back, a meaningful look to the purplehaired girl.
[11:01] <Kotono> Aya's heading into a hut - the biggest one, nice and with a bit of feathery decoration.
[11:02] <Setsuna> "Somehow, I'm not surprised." Setsuna agrees, biting her lip, and keeping an eye on the hut. "Did the little speech ring false to you, too?"
[11:04] <Kotono> "Uh huh. Look at her - she hasn't spent a day out in the sun!" Altaecia adds in, whispering low. "Her skin's pale!"
[11:04] <Kotono> "Hey! You feeling better?" Kin's voice comes from your side, "You up already? Strong woman! I like strong woman!"
[11:05] <Setsuna> "Gah!" Setsuna jumps, spinning around to face Kin. "Don't -do- that!"
[11:05] <Kotono> "Aaaaah!" Altaecia whimpers, hanging onto your shoulder for dear life! As the slyph whips behind you, "Sorry! Touchy but strong woman?"
[11:08] <Setsuna> "Oi-I'm sure you're very suave, but it takes a little more than 'like' to get me to swoon and paw at your chest." Setsuna replies archly, then dismisses her diatribe. "Hnn. You'll be going to Singing mountain tomorrow?"
[11:10] <Kotono> "Yeah! We're getting the Great Dactyl!" Kin starts to nod, "I bet we'll get it's blood! That means we'll be strong up here, too!" A thwap upside his head, "Do things special way!"
[11:13] <Setsuna> Setsuna nods, slowly. "How come only you and Aya can go?" She asks winsomely, shifting gears to be as pleasant as she can without noticably rolling her eyes.
[11:16] <Kotono> "Huh? What you mean?" Kin lookso at you blankly, "We go as a tribe!"
[11:17] <Setsuna> "The Shaman said you needed to go charge." She replies patiently.
[11:18] <Kotono> "Ooooh! That mean that we lead the attack...right?" Kin frowns, "No way we go alone! We strong, but we're not that stupid!"
[11:20] <Setsuna> Setsuna frowns in return-that didn't quite add up...but at least her going along wouldn't be taken amiss.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Game ended up cancelled due to an unexpected change in circumstances.
<Afina> Forever.