News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Downtime/Away Thread

Started by Sierra, July 19, 2007, 08:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

Because it occurred to me that we needed one after remembering that Gate's at DLCon this weekend. >.< So yes, post known future absences here.

Scattercat

Any chance we could run the game Wednesday night? I may need to be driving on Thursday...

Sierra

Unlikely. Cor works tomorrow, and our scheduled start-time (6PM EST) is one in the morning where he is. I'm off work on Friday, so would the morning be an option if Thursday falls through?

VySaika

I could do Friday morning. Just let me know what time(PST, of course) I'd need to be up, coffee'd and fed.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Sierra

Cat's informed me that he'll be out Thursday (family stuff). Asked him to see if he could be here Friday and he's obliged. So yeah, group scene then, Cor can go to sleep at a sane time on Thursday.

Thursday...hopefully I can corner Gate and get Derrick's solo scene done already?

VySaika

My wife and stepspawn are getting home at about exactly the time we'd be playing on Thursday, so that's a wash for me. Friday should be good though, either same time as usual or a bit earlier, eithr would work.
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

Sierra

Good chance I'll also be later than usual on Thursday, so yeah, definitely out. I am home all day Friday, however, so we can run whenever is convenient. Best times for everyone that day?

Scattercat

Mentioned this in last week's chat, but I've absolutely got to be gone by Friday. I was gonna leave after this week's session and drive all night. I suppose now I can get there earlier, at least...

The reasons are... well, it's complicated, and involves family dynamics that go back about forty years, see.

Anyway, not getting back from that until Tuesday, which is also the day we're leaving for GenCon, so I'm functionally gone until Thursday after next.

Sorry about not posting this. I did mention it in IRC...

Anyway, full NPC privileges are granted for Pilfer, in grand old Dork Tower fashion. He can charge in first and altruistically sacrifice himself for the other two characters; I accept the penalties accrued to He Who Does Not Show Up for Game. More specifically, he wants that Damned Bird for further investigation, and will pipe in with unhelpful comments should we locate the actual duelists. If a fight breaks out, Pilfer will take out as many as he can via The Ride, but his first priority will be keeping everyone as safe as he can with Force Fields.

Think that about covers it.

ttfn
-Cat

Sierra

As a reminder to Gate and Cor: aiming to run next on Monday the thirteenth, since Gate's out today. Proposed start time = noon EST. That's 9AM for Gate, 7PM for Cor. Hope that's not too early for you Gate; we can probably push it back another hour if we have to. If for some reason Monday falls through too, I think I'm going to have the group split up and investigate independantly just to stave off total lack of momentum.

Sierra

Gah. Going to be home a couple hours later than usual tonight, so we're probably going to have to hold off on the group scene until the usual time tomorrow. I can probably run something solo tonight if anyone's still active by the time I get home, though.

Sierra

I'm going to be out of town next weekend--leaving for Chicago Friday afternoon and should be back on Monday morning. Shouldn't impact the Thursday session in anyway, but any solo stuff after that will have to wait until Monday.

Scattercat

Gonna have a parental visit this Thursday. Any chance of an alternate date?

Sierra

Cor mentioned in chat today that he can be around on Wednesday. That workable for you? This is addressed to Gate also, of course. If that doesn't work for some reason, hopefully you can free up Friday?

VySaika

Said as much in chat, but I'll post it here too. Yeah, I'm good tomorrow.
All About Monks

Corwin

Due to holidays, I'll be around for tuesday and wednesday as well, this week, in case there is interest in finishing our current arc.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake