News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

[Introductions] We have emerged from the Underground

Started by Dracos, October 08, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Yoz People.  :)

Oh, wait...  I'm supposed to say hi to folks joining after they talk.

Oh well.

Hello newcomers.

Also Oldcomers.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

I do it every so often to make it not look dead to newcomers.

Also in order to see the rabbit smoking.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

He's a fire-breathing kirby.  I doubt your smoke phases him much. :p
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

*lifts fist*

Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora-Ora!

1980s style super martial arts! :P
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

Second-hand smoke from bunnies is rather insidious. You don't notice the effects until it's way too late, and your cardiopulmonary system is blackened and rotting, hanging like tattered strings and gangrenous gobbets of flesh from an H.R. Gigeresque abattoir in the fetid cathedral of your graying and crumbling ribcage. Hohohoho~!

(... purple prose is your friend... caress it, love it, live it...)

Ranma_007

BeanyOne

Hello, all. I am a freelance closed caption writer for the deaf and hard of hearing. My current projects are children's shows, including My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Littlest Pet Shop. I'm always looking for feedback in everything I do, and a friend of mine, Halbarad, pushed me to inquire about it here.

I'm also interested in writing fanfiction for MLP at some point in the future, and I rather like the feedback I've seen elsewhere on the site. For the time being, I would like to focus on caption feedback.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C. S. Lewis

Don't eat yellow snow.

Dracos

Howdy, BeanyOne.  Welcome to the site.  We're a quiet, but friendly crew.  :)
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I approve of closed captioning!  I frequently enable it despite not being hard of hearing because it's great for background noise and I'm really used to reading subtitles anyway.

While I'm really ambivalent to MLP, I'm willing to give it a shot for helping that cause. :)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Irrational Behavior

I'm a little late on the introduction, but hi there. I'm a writer and a Haruhi fan. My favorite things include jazz music, arguing, hard-contact martial arts, and salty cheese snacks.

Look carefully. There's something wrong with this picture.

Merc

Quote[22:51] * Joins: Irrational_Behavior (~Irrationa@www.nowhere-else.org)
[22:51] <Irrational_Behavior> !Rules
[22:51] <Irrational_Behavior> !rules
[22:54] * Quits: Irrational_Behavior (~Irrationa@www.nowhere-else.org) (Client exited)
[22:54] <Dracos> huh.
[22:57] <Merc> A fitting name for one of the newest SR board members =p

And I will always remember you as the guy that went to the chatroom for half a minute, typed !rules, and then left! =)

But hi and welcome! ^_~
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ergoemos

You know, I looked around for an introductions page and I could have sworn there wasn't one. So I have just been posting about,  to the annoyance of many, I am sure.

I'm an engineer, office-jobbed, have a house, a dog and a fiance. Neither of the later quite understand my perchance for forums, roleplaying games, or chatting with strangers on line, but love me anyway.

I usually lurk about, watching other play various tabletop games here, read the fanfiction, and try not to make a nuisance of myself, being a fringe poster at best.

Thanks for not kicking me out yet!
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Anastasia

Hiya. Relax and have fun here. Don't worry, we don't bite except for Drac.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?