News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

The Gossip Board

Started by Dracos, November 23, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Gatewalker on November 29, 2010, 02:06:57 AM
I would have tried to talk you into a Musteval Paragon class at some point, but yeah Adail would never really deviate from the Divine Casting/Punchy line. May have gone for more Monk over Cleric, largely for the BAB and because it fits his style better.

Oh yeah, I remember that idea. If you did I would've had it be part of his join the Companions goal. After all, if he hasn't mastered being a paragon of mustevals, how can he be the exemplar of them?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

I was going to just do whatever I felt like each level, and if I grew dissatisfied I would've asked to rebuild. Didn't really have a long-term plan...
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

That explains you waffling between a few various PrC options and class choices.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Here's something I wrote up that might seem cool. I don't know, it's not like I want you to use it in a game or anything, anonymous! I just thought it should be posted somewhere, that's all!

Balance - Vest of Duplicitous Alignment (can be used to appear as any alignment for 24 hours; the wearer must make a will save; failure means she must commit one deed that is clearly in accord with the new alignment, and must take all means to do so. May choose one of Holy Aura, Unholy Aura, Cloak of Chaos or Cloak of Law to take effect while active; must coincide with new alignment)
Comet - Young Adult Red Dragon; willing and able to serve as a mount. Can challenge an opponent as a swift action once per day; if the opponent accepts, he must fight Comet single-handedly. If he wins, he gains a level. If a third party tries to interfere, they must pass a save, or be stunned for 1d4 rounds and take 20d6 damage. Comet fights to the death.
Donjon - Shackles of Submission; wearer is compelled to act as the prisoner of the one who shackled them, and cannot work against them or take action in any way without explicit orders.
Eurayle - +5 Heavy Steel Shield of the Medusa (any who can see the shield suffer a -1 penalty to all saves)
The Fates - Ring of Rewinding (1/day, go back in time one round within a 100ft radius; all within retain their memories and anyone who has departed the radius is not effected, but everything else is)
Flames - Malleable Figurine (when used, summons a 20 HD creature of an opposed alignment to a target; it immediately attacks)
Fool - Boots of the Reckless (When in battle against a foe of greater HD, these boots grant the wearer +10ft base speed, +4 AC, +4 init, and +4 to all saving throws.)
Gem - +4 Adamant Heavy Fortification Full Plate; generates a random gemstone each day.
Idiot - Amulet of the Empty Mind (as an immediate action, casts Mind Blank with a duration of 5 hours; intelligence set to 5 for the duration)
Jester - Jester's Cap (as a standard action, can be commanded to fly to the head of a target within 100 feet. Reflex save avoids; otherwise, they are subject to an Irresistable Dance effect.)
Key - +1 Shifting, Greater Wild Longsword (change weapon to any other weapon made of any material; each day, randomly determine +6 worth of special abilities and bonuses. The wearer never suffers negative levels for weapons of the wrong alignment.)
Moon - Ring of Wishes; a full month spent under the same lunar cycle replenishes one wish.
Rogue -  Bracers of the Betrayer (when in battle against a foe who the wearer has betrayed within the last 24 hours, grants +4 to all attack rolls, +4 to the DCs of all relevant abilities, and +4 to all damaging effects.)
Ruin - Gloves of Ruin (Casts Disintegrate on touch; 40d6 damage, but only works on constructs and crafted objects.)
Skull - Cloak of Death's Embrace (Cloak of Displacement; As a standard action, the wearer may gain or lose the Undead type.)
Star - Circlet of Aspiration (May divide 8 points of enhancement bonus between all statistics; decided when worn)
Sun - Shield of Inspiration; +5 Heavy Steel Shield; nearby allies gain +4 con and the effects of a Good Hope spell)
Talons - Rod of Cancellation; may also cast Greater Dispel 1/day, at CL 20.
Throne - Instant Fortress; when used, all within one mile must pass a will save or view the user as their ruler, and as such will follow her commands.
Vizier - Crystal Ball. The Vizier provides additional information on subjects viewed through it, including name, age, alignment, and current mood. Each visible subject gets a will save against this effect, though they don't know they got one unless they have some detect magic going.
The Void - Soulgem; casts trap the soul on any who touch it unless they make a will save.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Last business:

1. Last call for any questions, posts or any other inquiries.

2. Drac, could you finish up the stats topic so we have a final, definitive one for the entire game?

Once this is done I'll ask Drac to move it to old games. If you have anything else to say or do here, do it now or forever hold your peace.

(Please don't do this until I ask, Drac.)
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on November 29, 2010, 02:02:20 AM
Sidebar: The rest of the party at higher levels:

Nikkolai: Casting, casting, casting. A high level sorc will do okay enough. May have finally grabbed a PrC, maybe not. I figure he'd be slinging meteor swarms around and the like. Pyro, deals lots of fire damage, good HP for a wizard type.

Adail: Probably finish sacred fist and continue cleric. The combo of spellcasting and decent monk abilities works well for him. If he makes it into epic he'd want to pick up epic sacred fist, I'd imagine. Doesn't change much beyond having lots of magic to make his melee even deadlier. His AC slows down eventually, though magic buffing keeps it from falling lax.

Kamvakua: Finish Champion of Gwyn, go back to barb, hit epic champion of Gywn come 21. Sounds about right, his build don't change significantly by then. If anything it tapers off a little bit, due to his spells finishing up and monsters finally catching up with his trip modifiers. Probably ends up with a huge number of hit points, most of which are lost at an alarming rate. Probably runs Yulia out of diamonds more often than she'd like to think about.

Knight: Uuuuuuuuuuuh. Could pick up a couple of classes/PrCs. Knight, what were you going to aim for later on? She's harder to pin down since the deck could change her power scope radically. If she ever gained the full power of the deck for herself, she'd be akin to a demigod/demipower. Unless we're well into epic that means character retirement.  I don't see her making that choice, so...mmm. Dunno. Hadn't decided on the endgame mechanics of the deck.

Mari: OH SHIT IT'S A GIANT BEARDRAGON SNEAK ATTACK MACHINE!!!!!

That says it all, doesn't it?

Kam was actually sitting around his best levels during the last couple arcs of the game with hitting the very cool abilities that sat in the middle of the warrior/barbarian/CoG builds.  Post next level he'd start tapering off for pretty much the whole route down to twenty where his best gains were behind him and he was simply getting small bonuses each level for a while, with it totally collapsing if he actually got to level 18 with moving into crummy starter level barbarian fare, before moving into epic where it'd likely expand again.

Adail would eventually start having the problem that moving AC up is much more difficult than moving offense up.

mrgh.  Anyhow, I'll do the stats eventually, but I'm pretty much at work perpetually until the fifteenth.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Fair enough. Do the best you can, work sucks. Thanks!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Drac's nearly got the stat topic finished. Once it is I'll do some final wrapup then I'll get this old gamed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

It's almost the 15th, posting a reminder for Drac.
<Afina> Forever.

Yulia

That's right! I still have something to do before it's time to go! Do it, Kam!

Yulia

It's over.

The children are all put to bed, the PCs are asleep within our minds. Will they ever stir again?

I was going to do some big stat analysis for Planar. That didn't last, the spark left me while waiting for the final stat topic update.  Thanks again for doing it, Kam. Sorry I didn't end up doing anything with it, but I would've wanted you to finish the stat topic anyway.

So, one more for the road: HEY LISTEN! So hey, I had fun traveling with all of you! There's a lot more roads out there, let's all meet again some day! It probably won't happen, but isn't it a nice dream? Isn't it? Someone in the special realm of #elysium wondered what happens to old RP characters once they aren't used anymore. I like to think they dream of the next session in happiness, no matter if it's ever going to come. Dreaming, waiting, influencing new characters as they wait. I think I'm going to curl up here and take a long sleep. It's time to dream.

It's better than imagining us taking the character sheets, balling them up and tossing them in the trash bin. Isn't it?

---

Go ahead and old games this now, Drac.