News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Miscellania

Started by Anastasia, December 10, 2009, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Made a note in her old character sheet, repeating here for mental reference: If Polly rejoins play she's due 3 levels.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Jessica's level up:

> roll 1d6
* Hatbot --> "Kowork rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]

Gains 9 HP. Gains +1 BAB. Gains foil summoning. Skills rise as usual.

Not a terribly interesting level for her, but just as well since she's on the shelf until she has her baby. She has three more levels to play with pre-epic, she may want to consider dipping around after next level for a save boost and to boost her SA up a bit. I figure her next level is locked for steal supernatural ability, though.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Eudard's level up:

> roll 1d10
* Hatbot --> "Kowork rolls 1d10 and gets 9." [1d10=9]

Gains 16 HP. Gains +1 BAB.  Gains another Pious Templar smite. Fort and will saves rise by 1.  Skills go up as usual. Level 18 feat is Initiate of Helm, grants him two good spells and one okay one. Mace of Odo is nutty-good. Gains another 2nd level spell.

I'm assuming you can only attack once per round with Mace of Odo, or it's wraithstrike 2.0 and let's not even get into that. As it is, it's a really, really good spell. Eudard's finished PT and has two levels before epic, not sure what he'll fill them out with. Suggestions are welcome.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Abagail's level up:

> roll 1d4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d4 and gets 3." [1d4=3]

Gains 7 HP. Gains Axiomatic Summons. Will save increases by +2. Skill points all dumped into diplomacy.

She'll be following this new PrC for awhile, so all is well.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Latha's level up:

> roll 1d8
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8 and gets 7." [1d8=7]

Gains 15 HP. Gains +1 BAB. Spell resistance increases to 38. All saves increase by +1. Latha gains a +1 to a stat for level 20, puts it into strength. Skills go up as usual. Latha gains true seeing as an always active SLA. Latha gains a +2 to dexterity.

She'll continue on with racial HD. True seeing is her capstone, fitting her contemplation of the Truth of Celestia and how the light of Lathander can melt away evil and lies. Most of her next level's gains will be updating her abilities into epic; telepathy 200ft, elemental resistances up to 20 and so on.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Oberuth's level up:

> roll 1d12
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d12 and gets 3." [1d12=3]

Gains 10 HP. Dodge bonus to AC rises by one. Gains 1 point of BAB. Gains another use of defensive stance per day. Skills go up as normal.

Ho-hum level though at least his dodge bonus rises. Oberuth may very well want to dip one more time before epic, since he's level 19 now. Not sure what and how, but something with a save bonus would be aces.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl's level up:

> roll 1d6
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]

Gains 8 HP. Gains 1 point of BAB. Gains +1d6 points of skirmish. Gains claws. Fort save rises by 1. Skills go up as normal.

She has 3 levels to play with before epic though at least one of them's spoken for. She could make another dip if she really wanted, though it's not as needed as with others and may do more harm than good.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Syala's level up:

> roll 1d8
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8 and gets 6." [1d8=6]

Gains 10 HP. Gains 1 point of BAB. Various outsider powers mature at 21st HD as normal. Spell resistance increases to 38. Skills go up as normal. Epic feat at 21 is open, haven't decided on what yet and won't until after this pot. (Suggestions welcome!)  Epic destiny abilities added.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Since you like to give NPCs unique thematic feats at epic, here's one for Syala

Power Stun
Prerequisites: Power Attack, racial Stun ability, level 21
When using power attack, the amount subtracted from your attack bonus is added to the DC of your Stun ability. Furthermore, you can Stun with any bludgeoning weapon.

I feel that Syala should swap her mace out for a warhammer. I just think it would look cooler.

Anastasia

Power Stun [Epic]
Prerequisites: Power Attack, racial stun ability, str 21
Benefit: When using power attack, the amount subtracted from your attack bonus is added to the DC of your stun ability. Furthermore, you can stun with any bludgeoning weapon.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added Power Stun and Demonslayer to the list of epic feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor/Eb, could you two clean and integrate the two parts of your EDs(Custom and default) and post it as one unified whole?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Miscellania from the Crusade against Hell:

1. The various options to get to and from Hell were each reasonably difficult. Mechanus would've been primarily an RP and diplomacy challenge, while Acheron was a combat and army oriented one.

Mechanus would have involved layers and layers of intrigue, maneuvering and diplomacy to get your aim. While the main side would be your arguments versus Mechanus and almost certain diabolical counter arguments against a Duke of Hell would be the main thrust of it, other factions would get involved over time. Other celestials from Arcadia and Celestia would argue AGAINST your plan, as they'd feel it would leave their realms open to the same sort of violation. A third party would argue in your favor, one who is a paid advocate of certain daemonic and demonic elements who would love for the treaties of Mechanus to loosen.

Success would have let you use the portal but started an immediate fight, and a counter argument in Mechanus to allow a diabolical army passage to Celestia as a quid pro quo counter attack.

2. The Terror Cube was going to be more expansive in the first draft, but I figured that you guys would make the connection to a Borg Cube early on. While this wasn't the inspiration for the Terror Cube, I knew that it would provide more flavor for it than I could offer in a short fight-through.  So I focused on the battles instead as well as the coolness of hijacking it to your own ends. I think it worked out well.

3. Valydeos was loosely based on the original art for the Paeliryon, as seen here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/designdev_Paeliryon.jpg Seriously, why the hell make one of the highest ranking normal devils look like fat cross-dressers? I really, really, really loathe that design from top to bottom.

4. The march across Avernus being unopposed for most of it was an intentional gambit by the devils. Obvious enough there, right? I figure there were a few random encounters despite you guys not dealing with any; at your position a random fiendish  animal or minor devils just aren't going to be kicked up that far for you to deal with. I do wish I'd sold the fireballs a little more, though.

5. Natara is from the Gates of Hell, book 5. I adapted her to Balmuria as I really like her character. Interesting girl that one, reminds me a bit of Knight from Planar. I feel bad that she was demoted to mid-boss status, but so it goes. At your level, fighting a mere legend isn't that big a deal. For the Supreme Legion, it was the day that the vaunted Major Natara was slain on the fields of Avernus. For you guys, it was just another encounter.

Natara and Antenora are very much alike; if the battle had gone on a little longer, Antenora wanted a chance to talk to her. She sensed a bit of a kindred spirit, even if it was mostly wishful thinking.

6. Agares was badly nerfed by the Evergold water. He was a mid 20s CR boss designed to lock down a party if not interrupted in his entropy gathering. If you guys had taken longer he could have very likely TPKed Alicia and Seira.  You were on an invisible time limit with Malice, but you cleared it with effort to spare.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Post those in the ED topic, I'm going ot make a new one as I finalize various EDs.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

From around the horn:

1. Okay Seira, are you heading to your delayed Planar trip after you rest up from that crusade. Eudard's hanging, if not, at least send him word it's been delayed. Up to you there.

2. There was some talk about the prisoners taken from the Terror Cube and Sylica. Alicia, where you going to leave them in Celestial prisons or...?

3. Seira, you were talking about Irresistible Dance in chat yesterday. Thinking about taking it?
<Afina> Forever.