News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

[17] Hot Springs Part Deux

Started by Merc, May 19, 2010, 06:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun May 16 17:16:35 2010

<Merc> <Merc> As the discolored water continues to bubble, the water rushes upward! Standing in the place of the water, as the water levels drop, is a gigantic humanoid made of water. It doesn't quite -look- like the person you were expecting... "You know, this is not how this was supposed to work. Just wanted to do something other than fight, like Blanche, but noooo, you can't take a relaxing bath, can you?" the voice complains, coming from the creature.
<Merc> <Elise> "We've been ogled enough for today! And I didn't get to smite you before, so now I'll just have to do it twice as hard!"
<Merc> <Aleph> "Well, given what we had to deal with when we went in, and what we dealt with from the twins..."
<Merc> <Aleph> "It's hard to expect something so simple from someone who doesn't show themselves right away..."
<Merc> <Anassia> "Sorry, but I don't like being played with," Anassia says, power arching into being into her hand.  "And I'm tiring of these games.  Besides," she adds, scowling slightly.  "I like my baths of the non-animate variety."
<Merc> <Merc> ooc: Initiative

<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=9]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 init
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=1]
<Aleph> (...)
<Maya> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d20+2 robo-Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll d20+2 the waterboy
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=9]
<Jack> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=6]
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
* Merc changes topic to 'Maya (22) > Elise (11) > Waterboy (11) > Jack (10) > Anassia (9) > Aleph (5)'
<Merc> ooc: Maya go
* Maya swings along, bouncing off walls to stay out of the pool before leaping magnificently over the man's head in a deadly spin, her blade slicing through where his skull would be in a violent twirl before she landed on the other side.  OOC: Tumble Attack, Bonus damage +6, Tumble Stunt.
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 Opposed Tumble check for Tumble Attack.
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=5]
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 Opposed Tumble check for tumble stunt.  Going for +2.
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=4]
<Maya> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll d20+10 opposed 1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=10]
<Merc> roll d20+10 opposed 2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=3]
<Merc> ooc: he failed anyhow. And hit, if the +12 was atk.
<Maya> roll 2d8+12
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d8=4,3]
<Merc> Maya rips the water creature's head in half, only to watch as it slowly reforms, though its shape seems unsteady around the head.
<Merc> ooc: Elise
* Elise hefts her hammer and charges. "Deviant! Pervert! I have nothing but contempt for people who can't control their own impulses!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+14 charge
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=8]
<Merc> ooc: It's still in the middle of the pool. Do you want to leap at it at the end of the charge?
<Elise> OOC: I'll do whatever it takes to smite him!
<Merc> ooc: roll jump
<Elise> roll 1d20+11 physical skills, I don't fail at those
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=20]
<Merc> ooc: Hrm...roll an extra d6 for damage just because of that crit. You hit btw.
<Elise> roll 3d6+9 smaaaaash
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=5,6,1]
<Merc> The water creature is squashed back into the water as Elise splashes into the pool, water flying everywhere. Suddenly the creature roars out again,raising its arms wide as the water around it pulses. "Dammit all! That hurt! Now I'll make you ALL hurt!" he exclaims in promise, as his body expands, then explodes outward.
<Merc> ooc: Everyone roll reflex saves. Elise -3 to yours due to being in the pool, so harder for you to move.
<Elise> roll 1d20+3
<Aleph> roll 1d20+8 ahahahahahaha my luck
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=13]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d20+6 robo-Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=18]
<Maya> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=12]
<Jack> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=3]
<Merc> roll 3d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=4,5,4]
<Merc> Water explodes all throughout the room with the creature's location as the epicenter, the surging blast of water hitting Elise and Jack full force, though the others manage to put something between them and the torrent to minimize the damage. As the creature begins to reform, the water level also remains, all throughout the room at their knees, making it harder to move.
<Merc> ooc: half damage for non-Jack/Elise. Squares are considered difficult terrain
<Merc> ooc: Jack
<Merc> OOC: also, as Maya shows by being atop random junk and not the floor, you can tumble/jump through the items that aren't water-soaked to essentially move as if there was no difficult terrain.
* Jack acrobatically sommersaults and and rolls off unsubmerged furniture, drawing his blades as he flings himself at the creature
<Jack> roll 1d20+11 tumble
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=17]
<Jack> roll 1d20+8
<Jack> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=6]
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=13]
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit
<Jack> roll 1d6+7
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=6]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+13 Pay no attention!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=2]
<Merc> ooc: Just go ahead and go, Anassia, Jack can roll his sneak attack damage when he can.
<Jack> roll 3d6 since I apparantly misunderstood
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d6=3,4,5]
* Anassia looks up to the mass, hands gripping her spear tighter before she takes a deep breath, letting the spear drop into the water. "Hey, pervert!" she calls out, smirking slightly. "Why don't you stop playing around with the kids and let someone show you a real time? Or are you too scared?" she asks, resting a hand on her hip, her eyes glinting their violent coloration.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+16 Browbeat attempt, get him to do a grapple attack on Anassia.
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=13]
<Merc> roll d20+10 BAC
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=15]
<Merc> "Rowr! Oh baby, I'll certainly play with you!" the elemental promises. Elise isn't sure, but was the water pulsing around it's mid-area? ...was it doing some air-thrusts?
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Jack> "Now is not the time to be trying to pick up strange elemental creatures!"
* Aleph , on the other hand, was moving for the nearest section of dry ground. Whatever it was had power over the water, and who knew what it could do if they were still standing there. With that, he tried moving towards the ridge between what was supposed to be the boys and girls sections--if that's still there. If not, then the edge of the pool...either one, really.
<Maya> "Anassia, if you're that lonely, I can show you how to find less...eccentric folks."
<Aleph> once there, he's pulling out the bow.  Albeit feeling a bit inadequate that apparently a Super-Pervert water-man is found more appealing than him... (And...that's it.  Blah drawing a weapon taking a standard action)
<Merc> ooc: Maya then
* Maya stays quiet, moving like the wind around the area, though her motions are no less showy as she strives to deliver another dangerous strike to him, her feet bounding off the rocks to slash up his back and past him with a high leap, landing again on the wall on the far side.
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 tumble attack
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: snorts
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=13]
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 tumble stunt to hit +2
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 37 > [d20=15]
<Maya> roll 1d20+18 actual attack
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=12]
<Maya> roll 2d8+12
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d8=6,1]
<Maya> OOC: Not +12.  9.  so 16.
<Merc> The creature ceases it's air thrusts as it makes a pained cry from Maya's attack. "Killjoy!" he yells.
<Elise> That's a label Elise is glad to earn too!
<Elise> roll 1d20+12 attaaack
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=19]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 damage phooey, so close
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=5,2]
<Merc> The creature cries out again in pain, but briefly expands in size, as it declares, "Nothing will stop me from true love! ...Even if she -is- a little flat up there." Following the declaration, it shrinks back into the water, transforming into a whirlpool in the water that zigzags around Jack and Elise, swimming towards Anassia.
<Merc> ooc: AoOs for Elise/Jack
<Elise> "You don't know anything about love, you creep! Only sick voyeurism!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+12 AoO
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=20]
<Elise> roll 1d20+12 hahaha
<Merc> ooc: ouchies.
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=2]
<Merc> ooc: not a crit
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 oh bite me, Penuche
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d6=5,6]
<Jack> roll 2#1d20+7
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 10, 24 >
<Merc> roll d20+15
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=8]
<Merc> ooc: do a counter grapple check for that, Anassia.
<Anassia> roll 1d20 Yay, autofail
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=20]
<Merc> Elise manages to smash the whirlpool once before it vanishes from its location, though Jack misses, probably surprised by the change of shape. Meanwhile, the whirlpool approaches Anassia, until it's right besides her, then it explodes upwards, looming over Anassia with it's arms wide open before going for a great big hug! With an eep, Anassia probably realized that asking for a hug wasn't the best idea as she ducks out of the way.
<Merc> "Was it the chest size comment? It was the chest comment, wasn't it?" it asks rhetorically.
* Jack lunges the at the creature's back with his swords
<Jack> roll 2#1d20+7
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 19, 21 >
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit (did you include flank? you should be able to flank with Anassia, and it'd be hit/hit otherwise)
<Jack> ooc, there's a bonus for flanking other than sneak attack? >_>
<Aleph> ooc: Yes.  +2 to hit
<Maya> OOC: +2 to hit
<Merc> ooc: what the bums said.
<Jack> (so uh, I guess that's +9 each)
<Merc> ooc: hit/hit
<Jack> roll 2#1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 9, 12 >
<Jack> roll 2#3d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 13, 8 >
<Merc> The large elemental gives an anguished cry of pain as Jack's swords skewer it from behind, taking its attention off Anassia momentarily.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
* Anassia ignores the elemental's comments, closing her eyes as she begins to speak soft words, purple light beginning to coallesce around her hands.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+3+3 v DC 5+6 Stupid chanelling check, always making me go to the rulebook.
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=4]
<Merc> ooc: I'm guessing you failed by 1?
<Merc> As Anassia's magic sputters out on her, she fails to hold the elemental's attention off Jack.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Anassia> ... Before she cries out, the purple light shifting abruptly, surging back at herself painfully, causing... 9 damage to her!
* Aleph looks over at the water-thing, before nocking two arrows in his bow, firing both at the large...whatever it is.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=11]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=19]
<Merc> ooc: two hits
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 hit 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d8=1]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 hit 2 damnit why could that not have been a crit
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=7]
<Merc> Two arrows jut through the chest of the creature. It briefly turns its head towards Aleph, but seems to decide to keep its focus on Jack.
<Merc> ooc: Maya
<Maya> Maya's blade flashes again as she does another dashby, her feet entirely dry as she skillfuly moved from rock to rock, again taking advantage of his blind side to slash him hard on her way past. 
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 tumble attack
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=10]
<Merc> roll d20+10 he's totally not making that
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=19]
<Maya> roll 1d20+16 Take 2 Damage Stunt Jump
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 35 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll d20+10 he's totally not making that either
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=8]
<Maya> roll 1d20+15 attack
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=17]
<Merc> ooc: he's also totally getting hit.
<Maya> roll 2d8+11
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d8=1,6]
<Merc> As Maya's blade cuts through it and it reforms as it has in the past, damage shows its taking its toll on the creature though, as the body looks almost like its falling apart, dropplets of water dripping off its shape, rather than holding itself together as it had previously.
<Elise> Elise chases after the entity. "He's having trouble keeping himself up! We must be making progress!" she yells as she attacks, obviously unaware of any possible double meanings.
<Elise> roll 1d20+2 balance is uh, not a strength of mine
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=6]
<Merc> Elise's attempt to charge through the water does not work out very well, the water holding her back, and almost causing her to trip. While she retains her balance, she finds it impossible to charge through the whole distance between them.
<Merc> "I'm gonna SMASH YOU, boy!" the creature promises as it finally gets to try and inflict some of its own pain on Jack.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=7]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll 2#2d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6, 6 >
<Merc> While two fists of water surge in size before slamming onto Jack, it seems its cohesion issues haven't lent to doing much damage.
<Jack> (sorry phonecall
<Jack> )
* Jack grits his teeth "You'll have to do better than that you overgrown puddle!"
* Jack sinks his swords into the monster
<Jack> (is he flanked?)
<Merc> ooc: Ayup
<Jack> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 18, 11 >
<Jack> (T_T)
<Merc> ...Jack's own wounds seems to have made it harder for him to hit said overgrown puddle.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
<Anassia> Anassia takes a deep breath, before calling her power into her hand, crackling for a few seconds before she flings it towards the water elemental.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+7
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=15]
<Anassia> roll 1d6+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d6=4]
<Merc> Anassia's small burst of power seems to do the trick, as the creature begins to shake before falling apart, leaving a blue orb floating where it used to be. On the surface of the sphere, you can see the face of the circus performer, who is scowling as his outline seems to get weaker and weaker. "Damn you all! Ruining...my...fun..." the voice lowers in volume. "Just...f...at...m...onna...ma...ings...rder..."
<Merc> With that, the figure finally vanishes, although there's no sight of a lighting up portal!
<Aleph> "...so what happens now?"
* Anassia falls agains a wall, panting heavily. "I'm going to take a break," she says, flatly.
* Elise looks around. "Is he really dead? Maybe he's just faking it, hoping we'll take a bath!" elise shuffles around in the water, looking carefully for any signs of animateness.
<Maya> "Are you okay, Anassia?" Maya leaned over, staying on her perch, not really trusting it at all.
<Aleph> "...oi, something wrong?"  Aleph looks over to Anassia
* Jack takes a seat on something dry
<Jack> "Oi, a break sounds mighty nice."
<Merc> Well, there's no sign of any discolored water or anything, that you can tell, Elise.
<Maya> "Anyone see the way out?  I'd rather be safe back in town before we lower our guard," Maya smirked. "Unless you feel like getting charmed...again."
<Elise> "Let's just go out the way we came in." Elise marches for the entrance to the bathing area.
<Anassia> "That spell just backfired," Anassia says, smiling slightly to the others.
<Merc> Upon reaching the entrance of the bathing area, Elise finds that outside it's all black inky darkness. There's just nothing around, outside the immediate area.
<Maya> "Is that the way out, Elise?" Maya wondered.
<Aleph> "...I wonder...we dealt with all three.  What'll the ringmaster be like?"
<Elise> "Apparently not," she huffs. "How frustrating! We defeat the villain and still can't leave!"
<Jack> "Hopefully a pussy."
<Jack> "I dunno how much more of this crazy shit I can take."
<Aleph> "I don't think we're quite done yet, Elise."
<Elise> "Well, there still has to be some way out of here. That's how the others worked, right?" She looks around the pool. Does anything stand out at all? Any structures, buildings or items other than knee-deep water?
<Aleph> "The others had gateways to the others...but we're out of pedestals."
* Maya hops to the highest point, taking a look around for anything peculiar.
<Maya> roll 1d20+7 spot
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: I'd actually ask for search checks in this situation, rather than spots.
<Maya> OOC: 19 then, Untrained Search.
<Jack> roll 1d20+8 search
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=18]
* Aleph rests a while before looking around...
<Elise> roll 1d20 eh, INT
* Jack hops off his seat and starts poking around
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=10]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4 Gogo, untrained Search!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+7 Yay Perception Group
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=18]
<Merc> As all of them start searching around the room for a way out, it's Jack who first comes across something, though Aleph comes close behind. In the pool where the water elemental first appeared, a large patch of the ground looks unnatural, some sort of discoloration again.
<Jack> "I think I found something."
<Aleph> "...well, this looks like that may be it."
<Aleph> "Final gate, anyone?"
* Anassia moves towards the pool's edge. "Do you think that's it, or it's buried?"
<Aleph> "Well, one way to find out."  As Aleph jumps onto the discolored portion
<Elise> "We swim out, then? This better not be another trick!" Elise steps over the discolored patch to see what happens!
<Merc> The floor beneath doesn't really do anything from Aleph standing on it.
<Merc> Ditto for Elise.
<Aleph> "If it's buried, then we're trapped here for good."
<Aleph> "Assuming there's no secret catch, that is..."
<Elise> "Hmph. Maybe we need to smash our way through it? Though that would be hard with all the water on the ground."
* Aleph searches the 'floor' around the discolored portion, pressing on the surface around it...
* Aleph does accidentally bump into Elise's legs at least once, though
<Merc> Aleph doesn't really sense any hidden switches or anyhing. The muscle tone on Elise's leg feels nice though!
* Maya watches from above.
<Aleph> "Damn.  No hidden panels."
* Elise ignores it. It was just an accident, right? She trusts her teammates not to grope her on purpose!
<Aleph> "...I wonder if everyone has to stand on this at once."
* Anassia slides down into the pool. "Worth a shot, at least."
<Elise> "Maybe so. Get over here, the rest of you!"
<Maya> "...alright," Maya frowned and hopped down with a splash beside Elise.  "I was hoping not to get more wet."
<Elise> "It's only water. It can't hurt you! ...Now that it's not moving."
<Merc> As all of them stand on the discolored floor, there's a bit of a creaking noise, the floor does not give way, however, as the water keeps them from exerting a lot of pressure on the floor. Given the creaking, you can probably imagine that it's hollow or something underneath. Maybe.
<Aleph> "...that it was a couple of minutes ago is what makes it discomforting, Elise"
<Aleph> "..."
<Maya> "Elise, why don't you try hitting it really hard," Maya wondered, stepping back.
<Aleph> "Seems like our best option right now."  Aleph agrees, likewise backing off
<Elise> "I can do that!" Elise nods, takes a step back, and smashes her hammer down on the ground!
* Anassia is quirk to step back as well, lest she get accidentally smacked.
<Merc> ooc: roll damage
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=3,3]
<Merc> A huge pile of water splashes all around, the pool's water absorbing most of the damage. It would seem Elise was correct in her earlier statement about the water making smashing harder.
* Elise tries again. A little water isn't going to stop her!
<Jack> "Wait."
<Jack> "What if we used something like a nail?"
<Merc> Too late, Jack calls as another burst of water splashes all around.
<Elise> "Huh? Well, if you want to try, go ahead." Elise steps back, not sure about this plan to use some other than brute force.
<Aleph> "...I think I see what you're getting at.  I think I have a knife somewhere..."
<Jack> "See, we find something that'll stick out above the water... and then you hit THAT."
<Jack> "And it'll be driven through, like hammering a nail."
* Anassia takes the moment to gather her spear back up so it doesn't get left behind!
* Aleph searches his belongings a for a while, before pulling out a rather plain-looking dagger...
<Aleph> "This should work, I think.  Blade first, of course."
<Jack> "Will that be big enough?"
<Elise> "We'll find out. Stand back!"
* Anassia does not need prompting twice!
<Aleph> "Even if it isn't, it should provide enough hei--hold on, who's holding it up?"
<Maya> "Just jab it into the floor."
<Aleph> "right.  Hold that swing for a bit longer, Elise."  And with that, he tries jamming the dagger into the floor as hard as possible
<Merc> Oce Aleph jabs the dagger as best he can, the water does make this a little difficult, Elise's third attempt to swing...doesn't fare much better. There's just too much water weaking the hammer's power between it and the small weapon. Looking around for other things that could be used as said nail, there doesn't really seem to be much around the flooded hot springs besides towels, buckets, and various wooden stools. [ooc - more]
<Merc> Well, and the wooden beams on the roof that Maya was using to move around, but those would probably take some work to bring down without bringing the rest of the roof above them. Maya's oversized sword probably could do the trick too, if she trusted Elise not to break it in half in the process.
<Jack> "Oooooh, Maya..."
<Jack> "How about lending us that sword for a minute..."
* Anassia quirks an eyebrow to Jack slightly. "I suppose it's a little bigger," she comments.
<Maya> "How about lending us your head for a minute," Maya smirked back, not planning to use her sword as a wedge this century.
<Maya> "How about moving some of the rocks onto it to add to the weight?"
<Jack> "C'mon, sometimes we all gotta make sacrafices for the greater good! Besides, I'm sure Elise will be careful," He looks to Elise "Won't you?"
<Jack> "If you want to lug them over, be my guest."
<Elise> "Of course I will. Maya needs her sword to fight evil! I wouldn't break it."
<Aleph> "...says the person who pretty much destroyed that shell on that...whatever it was in the restaurant.  With the tiny hammer."
<Maya> "Again, not a chance.  Use your swords if you're so confident," Maya crossed her arms.  "I have more confidence in Elise's strength then my sword holding together taking a hit from an awkward angle."
<Jack> "Coward."
* Anassia sighs slightly, moving towards the trap door. "Hold this," she says, holding the spear out to someone nearby. "And don't think of hitting it," she clarifies after a moment, crouching down beside the trap door.
* Jack pulls out one of his short swords and jams it in the floor
<Merc> ooc: scratch Jack's line.
<Jack> "I would use mine, but in case you haven't noticed, they won't exactly reach."
* Anassia begins to cast another spell, hopefully without yet more hilarity! And, since I'm running low on mana at this point, I can spare none for my channeling check! Hurrah! This time, though, the sickly yellow light coallesces...
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2 v. 5+2 I take no responsibility for the results if they are not what I intend.
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: I take it you didn't blow up everyone.
<Anassia> From her fingers, a beam of the yellow moves towards the floor, damaging it without that unnecessary 'swinging big hammer' business.
<Anassia> roll 2d6 Damage
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d6=2,4]
<Merc> Several cracks appear on the floor, many of them leaving gaping wholes through which you can see glowing light beneath. Surely the portal to the next area!
* Jack is now known as Ataru
<Elise> Holes big enough for people to fit through? Onwards, then. "Let's get this over with!"
<Anassia> "That should do it," Anassia says, taking the spear and diving down into the water to reach through the somewhat-broken wooden bits to touch the mysterious glowing bits!
<Maya> "Alright," Maya eyed. "Want to lead Elise?  I'll go second, and then we'll fo...llow.  Headstrong Anassia," She shook her head, following herself.
* Elise follows Anassia's lead!
<Merc> The others soon follow! Time for the final encounter (hopefully)!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.