News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Character Generation

Started by Ebiris, August 24, 2010, 06:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

For ability scores roll 5d6 and drop the lowest 2 results for all six scores, and arrange to taste. Hatbot automates this with "!rollchar 6x 3d6/5d6". You can roll two seperate sets and pick the one you like most.

The character generation stuff in the core rulebook applies, but we're also using Traits from the Advanced Player's Guide. You can select two. We are also using Hero Points as described in the Advanced Player's Guide, so make sure to note them - you only get the one at character creation anyway.

That's basically it. I'm new to the system so I'm not going to impose any houserules or ban anything right off. If I see something that looks off once sheets are posted or the game's in progress, we'll deal with it then.

Carthrat

Kallen: 17, 16, 15, 14, 11, 8
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

Hiya, InternetRebelGirl~

18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 14
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

<Hatbot> Merc: 18, 16, 15, 13, 12, 10
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

Merc, you get +4 ability score points to allocate amongst your stats as you see fit. Rat, you get +6.

It won't give either of you as high as Cor's got, but the flexibility of being able to choose where to put them should make up for that, I hope.

Yuthirin

Hatbot hates me, so I decided to use my own dice. I'm superstitious when it comes to my dice.

However, Merc encouraged me to try again, so I did. I got 16, 16, 14, 13, 11, 11.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 27, 2010, 01:32:41 AM
Hatbot hates me, so I decided to use my own dice. I'm superstitious when it comes to my dice.

However, Merc encouraged me to try again, so I did. I got 16, 16, 14, 13, 11, 11.

Uh, yeah, sorry Yuth. I maybe should have said, but you have to roll in channel where I can see. Not that I don't trust you, but I prefer to keep everything out in the open.

Yuthirin

Yeah, I figured that. That's what I did.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Ebiris

In future I might just use point buy because these are all out of whack. Yuth, you get +8 ability score points to distribute as you like among your set.

Sierra

<Hatbot> Cidward: 15, 14, 14, 13, 13, 10

Ebiris

If you end up playing you get +6 to distribute among your stats as you see fit (nothing above 18 before racial mods), Cid.

Yuthirin

Reroll, go!

Keeping [13:49] <Hatbot> Yuthirin: 16, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10

Ebiris

Yuth you get +6 points to distribute on your new statline same deal as before.