News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

First Session

Started by Ebiris, September 03, 2010, 09:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

We'll begin the game on Sunday the 5th September at 15.30 GMT, so make sure you're there. While I do intend for the game to be somewhat free-roaming and exploratory affair, we're going to start off a little railroady just to get the party together, so please come in with the appropriate mindset.

The game begins in the city of Salerno, in the kingdom of Isernia on the Southern coast of Pranneria. Whether your character has lived there all their life, or just happens to be passing through, you find yourself looking for work appropriate to your myriad talents and ambition. But while looking for such work, you've come to the attention of another, and seperately the four of you are each approached by a plump and matronly dwarven lady who delivers the following missive:

Greetings, and I trust this missive finds you in good health.
My name is Lavinia Vanderboren, and I humbly request your attendance at dinner at my estate on Festival Street and Blue Skink Lane tomorrow evening. I think that I can present you with an opportunity uniquely suited to your skills. Please inform the courier of this letter of your response to this invitation, and I hope to be speaking to you soon.
Lavinia Vanderboren.

The dwarf identifies herself as Kora Thistlegap, head maid to the Vanderboren family, but is unwilling to be drawn on just what sort of opportunity is being presented, claiming that it would be improper for her to speculate on the Lady's intentions.

If anyone wants to roll any knowledge or gather information (which is a subset of diplomacy now) checks prior to the meeting, hit me up in #e to make the rolls and I'll post stuff so we can have everything sorted out before the session.

Ebiris

Quote[11:39] <@Euphy> roll 1d20+10 I have diplo~
[11:39] * +Hatbot --> "Euphy rolls 1d20+10 I have diplo~ and gets 11." [1d20=1]

While browsing the wares on offer at the dockside market, Henrietta manages to strike up conversation with a young dockhand who seems quite happy to be distracted from his duties for a pleasant chat. Upon mentioning her letter from Lavinia Vanderboren, the worker scratches his head. "You sure it's not Larissa Vanderboren? Thought that was her name anyway... I used to shine shoes over on that street where they've got the big mansion with all the gargoyles, but they're not really the kind of nobles that do much of anything interesting compared to some of the other personalities around here. Probably have most of their holdings outside of the city, I'd guess."