News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Planning & Preparation

Started by Ebiris, September 05, 2010, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I was all for going to talk to her originally, but I ended up being convinced that this can wait a bit. Doesn't really feel right to go talk to Lavinia that very day.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

Yeah, Rudy's more like than not to go get that drink with Tobin, then go home and stare at the ceiling for the rest of the afternoon.

I doubt we'll wait more than a day or two, though?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Sierra

Corwin

Is it possible to take Liamae out? It might be fun to google ourselves (my GI is +15, and comes to a nice 25 while taking ten) if she has disguise self too and likes the idea. Or even just a simple dinner. Could that work out?

Ebiris

Liamae lacks disguise self but is quite insistent on enjoying that dinner Henrietta promised her. She even made sure to tell Rudy and Tobin about it before everyone went their seperate ways after the Arena battle. Since you're paying feel free to put a post in the PbP thread setting up.

Corwin

It's very likely we'll die this saturday but even if we do let's at least try to plan for the session? Then, at least, I won't have any complaints.

-Let's get distances? I believe Liamae and myself (holding Val) are 50ft away from the tower. I'm not sure how tall the tower is, how far Lucie or Rudy are from us (and each other) and where the skeletons are in comparison.
-Let's understand the grounds better as well? Liamae made all the traps glow, and we can see there are four rows? Or are those more like circles surrounding the tower? Since Haste is in existence, perhaps someone could just go around them if it's a field. Also, are we reasonably sure there's nothing from us two and to the tower itself? Nothing of the same sort of trap, at least.
-How much closer to the tower must I get to have total cover from the guys on top of it? I presume they need some sort of angle to see me, and unless it's a featureless tube of a tower, there is probably some bit of masonry which would make targetting me very much impossible (and vice versa)?
-Lucie, even if the necromancer healed the black skeletons last time, I still shot one of them twice (MM and Disrupt Undead). Wanna check with perception if you can spot any difference in the pair? It would be nice to know whether my spells actually do anything. (of course, assuming no one 'healed' them and the like)
-I figure Liamae and I could help each other by one of us holding to interrupt anyone peeking from the tower while the other shoots the skeletons. Good, bad, dumb?
-Rudy, I think having new summons continue to harrass the guys at the top of the tower is probably the only way we'll survive. Thoughts?

Carthrat

I can keep throwing summons at them, as long as the summons are 1x lantern archon or 1d3xair or lightning elemental, or possibly lantern archons.

However there is a dude with a spiked chain there who can probably gun through them all in a round- they may well trigger AoOs just for getting in range and he has cleave, so.

I also have the option of booting up a Lantern Archon and getting him to cast Aid, which is looking like a totally great idea as well and one they can't really interrupt. 1d8+3 temp HP per round!

>Eb, how hard is it to move through the caltrops?
>Cor, how much blastage can you unload? Because I think the plan of 'hold action on shooting mages who put out their heads' isn't a bad one, and to be honest the skeletons aren't nearly as dangerous as the dudes inside- they still need to get through Lucie, looks like, and she looks to be getting a chance to dish out a few blows at the least. Taking down the ranged dudes who can pick off me (1 HP!) and you (4 HP!) seems like a priority.

I would like to run away, but it's looking pretty hard when there's a girl who can probably oneshot me or Henri if she gets a chance up there. I don't think Henri or myself can really escape from our current position either, so we're stuck trying to at least kill the mage while hoping we don't get shot. If my sense of the scene is correct, the only way to retreat is basically to run around 120ft back into the forest for me, and further for Henri- who has been messed up by caltrops and can't possibly get away in time.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

MM is my real way to damage anything, and it's 3d4+3. I can also break out a few MM+trip maneuvers, in case my MMs damage the skeletons and Lucie needs the +4 to hit a prone one.
Slots-wise, I'm about halfway through.

Ebiris

By popular demand:

(image not to scale)

The caltrops (which are something else) can potentially be jumped over if you know where to jump. In the area lit up by Liamae's glitterdust you can move through at half speed without injury, or full speed with a reflex save to avoid injury.
Being within 15 feet of the tower could grant cover unless the person on the top gets onto the wall to properly look right down. Being adjacent to the ground floor walls facing away from the tower would also provide cover.

Corwin

To clarify, if I so much as try to step forward, I risk getting hit with traps? We only know about the 20ft section behind me?

Ebiris

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of additional traps or obstacles.