"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 05, 2011, 03:56:50 PM
Dune: I don't really want to do this in the B multiverse.

That's one thing I'm pretty stuck on. I really dig the continuity it provides, rather than just using a default multiverse. This game's going to be on the planes, so most of that stuff shouldn't come up too often anyway.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

The mention of Suikoden has me very excited. The one thing about Suikoden I always enjoyed was assembling a group of characters and building a society out of refugees, eventually assembling a formidable kingdom to strike back at the one that originally wronged the hero.

I could totally get on board with this idea. Adding a Planar-style environment would allow for greater diversity!

EDIT: To elaborate, I'm fine with using a new universe. It would prevent the weird moments where we could be presented with the opportunity to recruit our previous characters.

Keep in mind that my standing time constraints would apply. I would be unable to start until the vacant positions get filled at my office.

I'm happy to join a later date, though.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

QuoteEDIT: To elaborate, I'm fine with using a new universe. It would prevent the weird moments where we could be presented with the opportunity to recruit our previous characters.

Well, I see that as an upshot to it. Say you hear about Whimsical Sweets in game, or run across Lyris later on. It's nice, easy worldbuilding we all smile about and helps invest us into the world further. It's not an invitation to have Shar show up and turn things into an emo gloom'n'doom fest.

That's fine. With the format any sort of staggered entry is simplistic and easy to arrange.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Shar and her dad, Cthulhao, are really what I'm concerned about here.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 05, 2011, 05:13:05 PM
Shar and her dad, Cthulhao, are really what I'm concerned about here.

After the feedback from last time they aren't going to be showing up, no. Not unless you make a point to go to a church of Shar and say Shar has a fat ass. Then all bets are off.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Yuthirin

Then I could go either way, really.

Though it would be amusing to come across Aaeru, Archie, & Ves leading some kind of celestial army into Hell for some slight.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 05, 2011, 05:17:32 PM
Then I could go either way, really.

You're sounding more and more like a female PC every day.

Okay, assuming Merc doesn't come in and say something, I'll have more information coming shortly.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean!

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 05, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean!

I suspect the rate of bisexuality and homosexuality amid female PCs is 80% or higher. One of the perils of men playing women; I don't really fight it too much anymore. What guy wants to play a woman chasing a man rather than another woman?

Hence the joke. It's not funny if you have to explain it, but ah well.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Oh. Well that makes sense. Straight man would have difficulty playing a straight woman, I suppose. I tend to avoid sexuality altogether. >_>

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 05, 2011, 05:24:08 PM
Oh. Well that makes sense. Straight man would have difficulty playing a straight woman, I suppose. I tend to avoid sexuality altogether. >_>

It's easier that way. I don't pretend it doesn't exist, that's unrealistic. Yuria chases after Whurric not out any personal desire on my part, but because that's what she'd do. I can deal with it so I don't mind including it within reason. For what it's worth, I figure Marianne was a closeted bisexual and Lyris is ramrod straight. Everyone else was fairly normal as far as I could tell. Josa was entirely straight, just utterly flamboyant and elven.

It's interesting and I keep very loose track of it, but it's not really required for a character. I just feel a character rings hollow if I don't have at least a vague grasp of how they go and think like that. After all, sex drives us on dozens of conscious and unconscious levels.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Josa never struck me as such, but Marianne set off my Angry Lesbian Alarm.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 05, 2011, 05:33:51 PM
Josa never struck me as such, but Marianne set off my Angry Lesbian Alarm.

I think you missed the scene where Josa dressed up as a giant pink and white cotton candy.

Marianne? Yeah, that was a small part of her. Her personality wasn't just from that, but it does fit in well enough.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'm good with adventuring on the planes, the level, exotic stuff, and so forth.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.