News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A new board is up for the new game. More information will be posted there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

I'd like to finish Balmuria 2 and provide a bit of closure. Not much - it's easy to drag this sort of thing out and take forever. I'd still like a scene or two just to polish things off. I'll probably do this at some point in the next week as I prep for Balmuria 3. We'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want to talk to Abagail about having her take a look at Silver. I've been meaning to and I might as well wrap that up one way or the other.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

This will actually help, as I was planning on Archie going on a holy quest to discover herself and her place in the world now. I'd love to take care of that, and it would make her into great Planar NPC fodder.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Wrap up stuff will be late next week to early the week after. Anything for you two, Merc/Eb?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Ves sadly has nothing to wrap up.

Merc

Nothing to really wrap up for Whurric honestly. Most plot points of interest to him are things that would expand, not wrap up.

Though I'd kind of like to end on a note where Sylvie comes back and to find out how things went for her, but I don't expect her journey would end any time soon, unless we timeskipped to that point or something to end stuff.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 07, 2011, 07:50:35 PM
Nothing to really wrap up for Whurric honestly. Most plot points of interest to him are things that would expand, not wrap up.

Though I'd kind of like to end on a note where Sylvie comes back and to find out how things went for her, but I don't expect her journey would end any time soon, unless we timeskipped to that point or something to end stuff.

I don't think Sylvie's story is going to wrap up anytime soon, no. She's a very unhappy person who's gone from rags to riches, from slacker to active. She doesn't have the foggiest what she really wants right now, and she's hurt, upset and lost. To be honest she doesn't want to come home - both because of the memories of her various failures, real and perceived. Calley reminds her of her past relationship, Whimsical Sweets reminds her of all her lost friends that she could've saved if she'd only been a little more focused, even her home reminds her of Janson.

More than anything else, she doesn't want to forgive herself or let go. She can't save Janson - nor does he need saving - but she refuses to accept that. It's unhealthy and beneath her, but she doesn't care. She has friends and family, but can't make peace with them and accept what she's lost. She's gained power, but it's meaningless to her since she can't get what she wants. She can't find solace because she won't accept solace.

I wasn't planning to have Sylvie come back for a long while, if ever.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I wouldn't be surprised completely if we came across a morose Sylvie as we Planar.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

One doesn't need to have a natural 18 in int to figure that one out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, I have two things and if possible I'd like to do a brief group scene to cap things off. Earliest would be this Friday(Unless Thursday is the only possible day for a group thing then I'll shift things forward).
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, I'm looking for Monday/Tuesday to cap off Balmuria 2. Monday will be anything you want to wrap up solo and Tuesday will be for a group scene.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Merc, if you're feeling better and can make it, can you show up tomorrow? I'd like to finish off Balmuria 2 then if you're rebounding. If not, not.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'll be here, though not sure what state I'll be in. That said, I'll likely be at least 30min late from what was usual start time.

My mother's original flight back got cancelled and the one she managed to get moved to arrives just before noon, so my sister won't be able to pick her up like they'd planned, and now I'm stuck having to go doing that instead, even though I'd rather stay in bed. :/
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Okay. If you're here and up for it we'll go. If you aren't, no big. Just rest up if you need to.
<Afina> Forever.