I kinda visualized this at the end of the round the Lizard came to attack me:

This is what I was going for...

Wall   Wall    Wall  Wall 
Wall   Rudy
    Henrietta Lizard
Wall   Lucie  Glenn
Wall           Lady  Rocky
Wall   Wall    Wall  Wall

So after retreating into the doorway, you'd have needed to step back in and then go through Lucie's square to flank with Rocky. Glenn started off in the space below Lucie, then moved up to engage the lizard and made space for the Lady to come in on his South to flank with her pet.

I would seriously feel bad to just post something in PbP without prompting or even so much as a more specific invitation from you

That's fair enough, I get where you're coming from. But we're both in #e all the time, so if it's appropriate in the overall game situation you can just ask and I can put up an introductory post to kick us off instead.

It is fundamentally limited on me having fun stuff to fill in. I tried so hard with that monk, "Uh, he's a monk of Apollo... got a painting to send home to his family... thought Brissa was pretty... um... fuck... what else?" and then it was Saturday and we had a session the next day and I didn't want to bog us down so I quickly tossed up a summary. I feel bad about that one but I genuinely couldn't come up with anything interesting about the guy.

But once we're back and have the chance to do something, I'd love to see more of the city and encounter more people who I might like

One way or another we're soon going to end the 'Chase Vanthus' plot, so you guys will have a bit more freedom to pursue that kind of stuff and other less pressing adventures after Griffin Reef.

Did she not believe me, or her pride got the better of her? Something else?

She didn't trust you guys much, between trying to set up an ambush with the Cobra Fangs to dick her over, and then changing the terms of the deal as she saw it to loot her after she'd told you were Vanthus was. It may have been smart to shout 'I surrender' then quickly drink the potion and flee when your guard was down, but between her native distrust and pride, coupled with flat out not thinking straight when she's on the ground being eaten and bludgeoned, she gambled and lost.

Corwin

Okay, I see now. I eхpected there to be a lot more space below until we hit the wall, and I didn't think at the time that we were literally with our backs to the wall from the left. I kinda figured I retreated below, and that I actually had the space to do it, naturally. I do wonder if it would be difficult to do some very basic maps with the chessboard as a basis? With the placement the way you describe it now, I have to wonder why Glenn and Lucie did not end up flanking the lizard. Would you guys have, if you knew which squares you were on, where it was relative to you two, and which path to flank it was safe?

It's kinda amusing, in a bad way, that I actually misunderstood her originally. I figured the deal was that she gets to leave, not that she gets to leave with her stuff. Ah well. I blame Rudy, as should we all.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

So I just want to say that last session was absolutely great, and also that this cannot be said enough. It was a fitting capstone to our first run of adventures~
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

Best 1,000gp ever spent. I am in awe.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

What those guys said.

Dracos

Wow, you guys have been going for over a year now.  Rock on Ebiris and crew. =)  Just had to poke my nose in a give you guys a cheer.
Well, Goodbye.