News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

07. A fountain from which an epic tale of blood and glory shall spring!

Started by Corwin, September 17, 2010, 10:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

<--->

[17:00] <Kallen> The motley is left in Charlie's car, parked just outside the hospital. Ivy has just escaped the journalists, they seem to have purloined the fragile fyrbloats necessary for Marduk's awakening, and the contents of Kyle's bag have been investigated, revealing a pool of what are surely the remnants of someone's head.
[17:02] <Ivy> "Let's see if the one fruit is enough to wake Alan?" Ivy suggests.
[17:02] <Phi> "OK, can we get a heads-up on what exactly went on there? Last I checked, keeping a low profile didn't include getting interviewed by the press for...whatever it was you just did." Phi is frustrated that he's been left out of the loop, occasionally eyeing the wheel and wondering if Charlie will let him drive to work off some of the pent-up anger.
[17:03] * Ivy frowns. "It certainly wasn't help by strange attempts at getting attention before I could excuse myself."
[17:03] <Phi> He's also doing his best not to look at the bag, mainly because doing so is likely to reintroduce him to his lunch.
[17:04] <Charlie> Charlie shows roughly zero intention of letting that happen.  "All right, are we done here?"
[17:04] <Phi> "Hey, what else was I gonna do? If I sat and let him talk it'd be dawn again by the time he let you go."
[17:05] <Ivy> "No, that's just silly," Ivy dismisses, shaking her head. "What happened was that a gang member, from all appearances, stormed the ER and started shooting up staff and patients. I had to stop him, naturally."
[17:06] <Charlie> "Whaaaaaaaaat?  Kids these days... a Black Dog ganger, I bet?"
[17:06] <Phi> "You had to stop him? Why? Hell, if the Kyle kid got himself killed then we wouldn't have to worry about him telling someone, would we?"
[17:08] <Ivy> "I might find out more from that reporter later," Ivy responds to Charlie. "Really, what is going on with this city?" She shakes her head, ignoring Phi. "Once again, let's go and get Alan back on his feet?"
[17:08] <Charlie> "Yes, let's."
[17:08] * Charlie drive drive.
[17:11] <Kallen> Valiance city seems smaller, these days. Charlie appears to get the motley back to the library in a surprisingly short time. When they burst into the basement to check on their patient and their boss, they find Handspan dozing off in his chair, limbs hanging off the back and sides like lengths of thick pasta. Marduk remains eternally comatose on his bed, snoring away.
[17:12] <Phi> "We'd better get some good pay tonight, because we went through hell to get this."
[17:12] <Ivy> "Handspan?" Ivy calls out, not quite willing to go and shake him awake. "We're back."
[17:13] * Phi runs a hand along his back, wincing slightly. "Aah, jeez, still hurts. Yeah, that was stupid..."
[17:13] <Kallen> "Pay? Ha! Haha!" laughs Handspan, lurching awake at Phi's words.
[17:14] <Charlie> "Heya, Spanner.  We got a fruit for the kid, should wake him up.  Hold his mouth open?"
[17:15] <Kallen> "Oh... yes. Yes. Your fruit." Handspan's burst of humour appears to be slain, but he obligingly totters towards their patient and looks him over. "Seems to be in tip-top shape, this one," he remarks, reaching for his bearded face and prying apart the lips, awaiting the Fyrbloat's luscious juices.
[17:16] <Phi> "Yeah, you're welcome, by the way."
[17:17] * Charlie is not 100% on what to do, but cracking the fruit open and pouring juice into the man's throat should work?
[17:18] <Phi> "If that crazy harvester with the scythe taught me anything, it's that he doesn't need to drink it for it to work. Just pour it on his face."
[17:19] <Kallen> It's more a matter of squeezing it, and wringing it out as you would a sponge. Viscous red liquid pours down the man's throat and splatters over his face a little, and all Charlie is left with is the skin- no more than a rag.
[17:20] <Kallen> The effects are almost instantaneous, however, as Marduk begins to cough and choke! His fur bristles and attains a slightly reddish tinge; his skin pulses and his muscles flex, until in a flash, he leaps forth from the bed and lands on all fours, snarling at the occupants of the room with the wariness of a cornered predator! Steam emits from his nostrils, and he quivers with anticipation...
[17:21] <Phi> "Morning, furball. Okay, stay...stay..."
[17:22] <Ivy> "I don't suppose you remember that you are Alan Marduk?" Ivy asks.
[17:22] <Phi> Phi steps back towards the door. Y'know, just in case the Fae suddenly decide to attack. You never know.
[17:23] * Charlie nudges Phi, letting Ivy do the work of showing the poor guy a friendly face.
[17:23] <Phi> "What? It's the sort of order he probably responded to before. No harm in trying, right?"
[17:24] <Kallen> Marduk approaches Ivy warily, remaining in a canine stance, and begins sniffing at her heels. Handspan seems to have vanished- no, he's clinging to the rafters, staring down at the animal beneath. "Get him a bowl of water, maybe! And some snackoos!"
[17:25] <Phi> "You don't happen to have any doggy treats around here, do you, Handyman?"
[17:25] <Phi> "If they're in the kitchen, I can go get them. As in, not in here. Yeah."
[17:26] <Kallen> "Pets aren't allowed in the library!"
[17:26] <Phi> "Then why'd you let him in?"
[17:26] <Ivy> For all she knows, the suggestions might make sense, but she is in no position to follow them. Ivy focuses on Alan, crouching to better look him in the eye, and pats his head awkwardly.
[17:28] <Kallen> Handspan declies to answer. "Wo.. woman," Marduk seems to growl. He manages to push himself up until he's standing only on his feat- but he's still clearly a ball of pent-up energy, waiting to be spent. "Marduk. My name is.. Marduk! Alan Marduk!" he adds, a big grin plastered just underneath his shaggy mane.
[17:29] * Ivy nods in approval, straightening up as well. "It is a very manly name," she agrees. "Welcome back, Alan."
[17:30] <Phi> "Yyyyyeah, I think I'm gonna leave this to you, Ivy. I, uh, have allergies."
[17:30] * Charlie waves, adding a quiet "Hello, Alan, nice to see you again."
[17:30] <Phi> "Uh. Hey." Phi offers a dull wave.
[17:32] <Kallen> "Is it safe? It's safe! I can come down," says Handspan, apparently joining in thinking aloud. "Hello. Hi. Good morning," replies Alan. "I'm free! Free at last... was I free before?" he wonders, scratching his head. His voice is inarticulate, still savage and throaty.
[17:32] <Ivy> "We were hoping you would tell us. Do you know why you collapsed as you did?"
[17:34] <Phi> "Well, if working as the dog of some crazy Fae bastard counts as free, then yes. But you're TWICE as free now."
[17:35] <Charlie> "Yes, you're free, and safe here.  Welcome."
[17:35] <Kallen> "Collapsed? Fell down?" he asks, scrunching up his face and raising a hand to his chin- a bizzare sight, given that his face seems to be that of a mashed-in dog with an enormous beard and snout. "Urgh... I smelled the Jager's scent on a woman. Then, I slept."
[17:36] <Ivy> "Ah, that." Ivy glances over at Phi. "Wasn't that your new girlfriend?"
[17:37] <Phi> "Wait, you mean that Cammie girl? Shit. Uh, Alan...this girl. She didn't wear shorts despite the cold, did she?"
[17:38] <Phi> Phi brings up the only memorable aspect of Cammie's figure that he can remember.
[17:38] <Kallen> "Her legs bore no fur," he replies, sounding rather conanesque. "It was in the hall of cages. I remember. You.. you... you were all his servants, too? Were."
[17:39] <Phi> "You didn't...eat her, did you?"
[17:40] <Charlie> "His mistress's, but close enough.  We escaped, as have you."  Charlie's given up on trying to restrain Phi by now.
[17:40] <Phi> "Or do anything weird to her." Phi is defensive, concerned about one of the few people who actually found him impressive...
[17:41] <Kallen> Alan peers closely towards Phi for a moment, staring and scrutinizing him as like a curious child.
[17:41] <Ivy> "He is always like this, from what I can tell," Ivy helpfully volunteers.
[17:41] * Phi squirms a little as Alan's gaze falls on him.
[17:44] * Charlie nods. "We're all a little different from the experience, but in a good way. Live and let live and such forth. Just, ahem, don't let him drive your car."
[17:45] <Kallen> "I see. He is right to know that I hunger," he announces, reaching to rub his stomach. "Hunting is... not the way. Here, we are not beasts. Here we are free! And we can take our revenge!" he declares, raising his hands.
[17:45] <Phi> "Hey, we covered the first half of the trip in record time!"
[17:45] <Charlie> Charlie perks right up there.  "Damn right we can.  You said something about a bane?"
[17:46] <Phi> "So you didn't eat her? That's good. But, uh, maybe let off on the whole revenge thing."
[17:48] <Phi> "The Fae are...strong. Like, let's say normal people are machine guns, and we're, uh, atomic bombs. The Fae are like some sort of creepy aliens with battleships that blow up planets just to make way for hyperspace bypasses and shit. ...That analogy made a lot more sense in my head."
[17:49] <Charlie> "The aliens are weak to water, though.  Shh, spoilers, don't tell the kids."
[17:50] <Kallen> "It's kill or be killed. That's the law of the jungle!" he retorts, nodding enthusiastically. "And I have the bane! In here," he adds, tapping his head. "He wanted to.. to.. to kill the strongest fairy of the ice, but! BUT! I am Alan Marduk. And I say, he will pay! And the last thing he hears will be my name!"
[17:50] <Phi> "Water? I thought they died of colds."
[17:50] <Phi> "Wow, aliens really suck, actually."
[17:51] <Ivy> "The strongest fairy of the ice is the bane?" Ivy interjects here.
[17:51] <Charlie> "Oh?  I thought you kids didn't read books!  But yes, ice?"
[17:52] <Phi> "Wait, the Reine des Glacons?! Good luck with that. Fighting a fairy is sort of...fail-y. Yeah."
[17:54] <Kallen> "The bane must grow," mutters Marduk. "It is not yet ready. But he would kill her with it. Not kill her with her. That would be silly." He clenches and unclenches his fists, sniffing the air all around him.
[17:55] <Phi> "...Well. Nothing wrong with the competition killing each other off, right?" Phi grins at the thought of the ice queen dying.
[17:55] <Charlie> "Ah... so, Alan, could you tell us, what exactly is the bane?"
[17:56] <Kallen> "It is a fountain from which an epic tale of blood and glory shall spring," he proclaims.
[17:56] <Phi> "But until then, water." Phi can't resist trying to throw in a comment.
[17:57] <Charlie> "Certainly!  But, what is it?"
[17:59] <Kallen> "Hah! Hah hah hah! I like you! Yes, water! Hah!" declares Marduk, marching towards Phi and clamping a hand on his shoulder. "The fountain holds water from Loch Arthur," he growls, fumbling over the proper nouns. "When there is blood.. savagery... a weapon to slay a Keeper shall be born!"
[18:00] <Phi> "Uh, hey, watch it. I like that shoulder..."
[18:01] <Phi> "...So, we need to go get into a fight near this fountain, and we get a weapon to kill the Reine? Sounds like a plan."
[18:01] <Charlie> "No, to kill the Jaeger.  He apparently plans on killing her with something else?"
[18:02] <Phi> "Hey, why can't it work on both?"
[18:02] <Ivy> "Can we just kill them both?" Ivy asks flippantly. "Perhaps with a single swing of the blade. It sounds suitably epic."
[18:02] <Kallen> "The Jager had it. I.. I was his hound.. and I heard this. I heard it from a fairy..." he mutters, gripping Phi ever-tighter. "I knew! I knew. I knew I could take revenge with it! And I knew.. revenge is a human thing. Not a hound thing. And I was a man. Not a dog."
[18:03] <Kallen> "He would kill her with it. But the Reine did me no wrong. I stole it! To kill him with!"
[18:03] <Charlie> "Exactly.  Yes.  Good!"
[18:03] <Phi> "...Uh. But it'll work on both of them, right?"
[18:04] <Charlie> "Well... banes don't usually work that way, I think, but those two are sort of connected so maybe?"
[18:05] <Kallen> "It.. the power is made from war!" he replies, and his face wrestles with an inner struggle.
[18:05] <Kallen> "I don't have- the words- I don't..."
[18:05] <Phi> "Sacrifice?"
[18:06] <Charlie> "Oh!  Hey, hey, it's all right.  Thanks for talking about it."
[18:06] <Kallen> "I hunger," he repeats. "It.. will I be a man again in time?"
[18:07] <Ivy> "It time. But you can never be the man that you were before."
[18:07] * Phi bites his lip. "Uh...not really. You'll be close, though!"
[18:08] <Charlie> "Hum.  Don't confuse him.  Alan, you're a man now, and you never stopped being one.  Just were made to forget for a while."
[18:09] <Ivy> They all seem to be correct answers, and Ivy nods slightly. "You mentioned being hungry? We can go get some food, then."
[18:09] <Kallen> "Not a dog. Not a dog. So I must be a man," he replies, falling back onto his bed. "The fountain is inside. I dream. I dream of it. It bubbles, but it's not enough.. food. Please."
[18:10] <Charlie> "Sure, what would you like?  And do you want to go out and get some, or rest here a while?"
[18:11] <Kallen> Marduk makes to get up for a moment, but suddenly halts. "Stay here. Safe here," he says, sounding uneasy. "Something outside... fried chicken," he adds, nodding emphatically. "Kentucky Fried. Not from Popeyes."
[18:12] <Phi> "...An indoor fountain? That doesn't really cut it down much, does it?"
[18:15] <Kallen> Late as it is, the motley does luck out and find an all-night KFC playing host to several folks, all dressed in black and seeming rather pale. Chicken is procured and brought back to Alan, who insists on using the plastic knife and fork provides to carefully skewer bits of meat from the bones. "When the bane is ready, we must go back. Back to the Jagerschloss."
[18:16] <Charlie> "Fair enough.  Any idea when it will be ready?"
[18:16] <Phi> "Define we." Phi has put his glasses back on by majority rule.
[18:17] <Phi> "I mean, killing a Fae is nice and all, but there's that nasty 'death' thing that happens if you mess up."
[18:18] <Ivy> "Death? Oh, you optimistic soul!"
[18:18] <Kallen> "It.. there must be war! The lady must be coaxed out by blood!"
[18:19] <Charlie> "Doesn't sound too difficult if punks are shooting up hospitals these days.  Sadly."
[18:20] <Phi> "Wait, the lady? So we're fighting BOTH of them at once?"
[18:20] <Kallen> "You can't fight the lady of the lake."
[18:21] <Kallen> Handspan remains somewhat detached from the conversation, instead focused on his own private collection of tomes.
[18:21] <Phi> "Ohhhh. I thought you meant the ice queen. It's water, technically, just a little colder."
[18:22] <Charlie> "Sure we can.  Eat your chicken, spanner."
[18:23] <Kallen> "She did me no wrong," repeats Marduk. Handspan peers up, and stares incredulously at Charlie for a moment. "Ah, Charles. I was speaking with the King," he says, deciding to ignore the apparently impossible request. "He instructed me to ensure that young Marduk's counterpart is dealt with swiftly, lest the Jager- or others- seek to use him against us. I trust I can leave this to you?"
[18:25] <Charlie> "Of course."
[18:27] <Kallen> "Excellent, excellent. Whether or not there actually is a weapon in there that can take on the Fae- and why, whether or not anyone is actually brave enough to try using it- there's no sense in inviting any trouble. No sense at all."
[18:27] <Kallen> Ivy's phone rings!
[18:28] <Ivy> As she is not the one coaxing information out of Alan, it is an easy matter for Ivy to quietly excuse herself to a more secluded corner of the room and answer the call with a simple, "Hello?"
[18:29] * Phi nudges his seat in Ivy's direction, curious as to her conversation.
[18:31] <Kallen> "Ah, Miss Morgan? It's Officer Keyes," comes a young, but confident voice- Ivy dimly thinks she recalls the name- wasn't that one of the policemen she spoke with at the hospital? "I'm aware it's late, but would you be able to come into the station tonight?"
[18:34] <Ivy> "It should be possible," Ivy responds. "Is anything the matter?"
[18:38] <Kallen> "We're hoping you can help us with another investigation that may be related," he replies. "Would you mind coming around as soon as possible?"
[18:41] <Ivy> "Of course," Ivy responds. "I will be on my way, then."
[18:41] <Kallen> "Ah, thanks. The main office- you know where it is?" After briefly getting some directions, the officer lets Ivy go.
[18:42] <Phi> "Ooooookaaaaay. What 'other investigation' is this? Unless guys running into hospitals and shooting people has suddenly become the trend around here."
[18:43] * Ivy gives Phi a disapproving look, before pursing her lips. "It doesn't quite sound right to me, but I might just be overly cautious. And there is a chance to learn more, so I will be going now."
[18:43] <Phi> "What, and leaving us here to go on a treasure hunt across the city for a fountain?"
[18:43] <Charlie> "Probably none of our business, is what.  If you *do* want backup though, just ask."
[18:45] <Kallen> "The fountain is in here," supplies Marduk, helpfully pointing at his chest.
[18:45] <Phi> "...Wait, what? So...we have to let you kill things to get the weapon."
[18:45] <Ivy> "As with you and that fetch," Ivy returns. "I don't want an overt presence, but I will note that in the event I should make a swift escape, getting out of the station should be possible, but made all the easier if a car was waiting at a pre-arranged location outside."
[18:46] <Kallen> "Perhaps.. perhaps!" beams Marduk, nodding.
[18:47] * Phi slams his head into the table. "Where do you want us?"
[18:48] <Ivy> "Somewhere across the street, say, where you should be able to see if anything strange is taking place, but not so close as to draw suspicion?"
[18:48] <Charlie> "Sure thing."
[18:48] <Phi> "Fine, I guess. Are we bringing Alan along?"
[18:49] <Charlie> "That's up to him, I think?"
[18:49] <Ivy> "I suspect it is entirely up to Alan."
[18:51] <Kallen> "I think you had better stay here, Alan," remarks Handspan, at which Alan nods. "Safe here," he adds, agreeably. "Good food. Good chicken."
[18:52] <Ivy> And there they have it.
[18:54] <Kallen> It's again, only a short trip to the police station- despite the late hour, it seems busy, with most of the lights Ivy can see on, and one policeman standing outside, smoking in uniform.
[18:56] <Phi> "You have to wonder what exactly she did to make them trust her so much."
[18:56] * Phi is sitting in the car along with Charlie, watching Ivy's movements carefully from relative safety.
[18:56] * Ivy makes her way towards the station, keeping her eyes open for that young officer.
[18:56] <Charlie> "Probably the same thing she did that makes you assume they're trusting her."
[19:00] <Kallen> Ivy vanishes into the arms of the law, leaving Charlie and Phi to wait...
[19:01] <Phi> "Well, this fills me with confidence."
[19:03] <Charlie> "If it fills you too much, that's the chicken, and kindly do it out the window.  Seriously though... eh, kinda strange.  Too much of the fae in the real world, especially for this time of year."
[19:06] <Phi> "Well, the Jager's trying to go all they way and kill off the competition. Of course there are gonna be ripples."
[19:07] <Charlie> "Maybe.  I remain skeptical!  But I must also confess a partiality to the 'kill them both' plan, good thinking on that one."
[19:09] <Phi> "Heh. As if a plan to kill the ice queen wasn't the first thing I'd think of."
[19:11] * Charlie grunts in approval. "Gonna take out that fetch t'morrow night, I guess."
[19:11] <Phi> "...You're still planning to help with mine, right? We had a deal."
[19:13] <Charlie> "Don't need to remind me!  Yours the day after, if nothing else comes in.  Just assumed this one'd come first, part of that whole kill the ice queen thing and all."
[19:14] <Phi> "Sure. I can deal with waiting one more day. ...Thanks."
[19:16] <Charlie> "You fine with me handling it?  Don't want to be there yourself or anything like that, right?"
[19:18] <Phi> "Well, I'd like to show up if I can, but if things get in the way I'd rather you did it without me rather than waiting for me to be available."
[19:20] <Charlie> "Fair nuff.  Best you not worry about it!  Stay strong."

<--->

[18:58] <Kallen> The station was clearly expecting Ivy- she's quickly ushered inside, where a busy-looking Officer Keyes finds some time to sit her down in an interview room. She can idly see a camera- cameras? peering down from the roof at her, but Keyes doesn't bother with any interview melodrama. "I'm sorry to drag you out. I wanted to ask you about something, though. Do you know this man?" He produces-
[19:00] <Kallen> -a photograph, depicting a thin, lanky young man, wearing a cotton top, a pair of glasses, and with short, bushy black hair.
[19:02] <Ivy> Not showing any sign of initial recognition, Ivy reaches out for the photograph and brings it closer, committing the features to memory. "I'm afraid not," she says, returning the photograph with a shake of her head.
[19:03] <Kallen> "Hmm. Are you sure? Think carefully," he replies.
[19:05] <Kallen> OOC: Make an intelligence check?
[19:05] <Ivy> roll 2d10
[19:05] * Hatbot --> "Ivy rolls 2d10 and gets 16." [2d10=8, 8]
[19:05] <Kallen> The picture, if Ivy squints rather hard, could look a little bit like Phi- in fact, now that she thinks about it, it seems rather clear. Without the wires running through his veins, the electrostatic hair, or the greyish tone to his skin, that guy might look a lot like Phi.
[19:08] <Ivy> "I'm bad with faces," Ivy admits, before peering closer. "Maybe... maybe. There was someone who looked like that if you squint-- back at the hospital? He wasn't very coherent and got sick all over the ground. I helped him receive treatment." She frowns. "I can't quite be certain this is the same person, of course. Was that helpful, Officer?"
[19:11] <Kallen> "Hmm. So you didn't know him personally?" asks the officer, slowly.
[19:13] * Ivy nods. "I can honestly say I know very little if anything about him." She pause slightly. "Why? You mentioned another investigation, so is he some sort of criminal?"
[19:15] <Kallen> Keyes glances at his watch. "Do you mind telling me what you did notice about him? He was vomiting, you said..."
[19:19] * Ivy gathers her thoughts. "He was staring at me, and then demanded to know what happened at the hospital. I remember him seeming a bit shaky on his feet." Ivy taps her lips thoughtfully. "I told him that he should probably visit the hospital, the way he looked. I tried to help him as much as I could, with the chaos of admittance, and then stayed a bit with him as he waited for treatment. Then I left, I'm afraid. My impressions were that he was a very unpleasant person, constantly complaining and insulting everyone."
[19:21] <Kallen> OOC: make a presence+socialize check?
[19:22] <Ivy> roll 4d10
[19:22] * Hatbot --> "Ivy rolls 4d10 and gets 28." [4d10=3, 7, 8, 10]
[19:22] <Ivy> roll 1d10
[19:22] * Hatbot --> "Ivy rolls 1d10 and gets 8." [1d10=8]
[19:24] <Kallen> "I see," replies Keyes, sighing. "This fellow is wanted for questioning, and the details provided at the hospital turned out to be useless in that regard. He's considered to be armed and highly dangerous. If you have any information that could be used to determine his whereabouts..."
[19:26] * Ivy doesn't even need to feign her shock. "Oh my! I had no idea it was such a serious matter. I truly regret not being able to help you with your case, Officer."
[19:27] <Kallen> "I'm sorry to have called you out all this way, but I had to show you the picture in person," he replies, pursing his lips. "If you remember anything, please call the station. I assume you drived here yourself?"
[19:28] <Ivy> "I don't own a car," Ivy responds. "A friend gave me a lift, but I will just call a cab to get home."
[19:29] <Kallen> "I'll have the desk give you the fare," he replies, ushering Ivy out.

<--->

[19:29] <Kallen> Charlie and Phi witness Ivy leave the premises about a half-hour later, at which point she gets into a waiting cab, and takes off into the night.
[19:30] <Kallen> A few moments later, Charlie's phone rings!
[19:30] <Phi> "Another grisly murder scene? Calling it right now."
[19:33] * Charlie does not answer it! No just kidding. "Hello?"
[19:33] <Ivy> "You would never believe what just happened!" Ivy says from the other end. "That person with the glasses that I helped get treatment earlier today, back at the hospital? Seems like the police are searching for him! He's considered armed and extremely dangerous! My, do you think he murdered someone?"
[19:34] <Phi> "...Uh."
[19:35] * Phi takes the glasses off and slams his head into the dashboard. "Shit."
[19:35] <Charlie> "Hrm.  I'll fit him in tomorrow with Alan's, will that help?"
[19:36] <Phi> "Preferably. And try and leave it in a state where it's recognisable. Ask her what exactly this criminal's done."
[19:36] <Ivy> "Just be careful. You never know those types. Why, what if he decides to stalk me? Or even people I know, like you! A good deed truly never goes unpunished." Ivy pauses. "I think I'll look him up online once I get back."
[19:38] <Charlie> "All right, now I'm just confused.  But nevermind that.  Anything else we can do to help?"
[19:39] <Phi> "Phillip Fawkes. Need an address?"
[19:39] <Ivy> "Probably not. I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early, and we can see then just what we know about all this?"
[19:40] <Kallen> The blinking happy clock on Charlie's dashboard indicates that it's around 5 in the morning!
[19:40] <Phi> "By tomorrow, I hope you mean 19 hours from now."
[19:41] <Ivy> "I suppose I am."
[19:41] <Phi> "Good. Because otherwise, we'd have a problem."
[19:41] <Ivy> "Good morning, then, as it goes?"
[19:42] * Charlie leans forward and turns the car clock back four hours. "Good night."
[19:43] <Phi> "I like the way you think, old timer."

<--->
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake