News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Attendance Issues

Started by Yuthirin, September 18, 2010, 02:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Yeah, I dunno what the hell's going on. I can't even get in with my laptop via phone tether. Everything else works but this apparently. Says it's unable to resolve the server.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Try connecting to a specific server instead of the default lunarnet one. I'm currently on castleheck.tx.us.lunarnet.org
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

Due to commitment shuffling, I may have to miss the session on the 20th.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

So things got worse! I'll probably not miss the 20th session after all, but in March I may need to drop from the game altogether. Work and uni schedules are combining to make staying up late to play GF basically impossible, since I need to do a shift on Mondays now and that means I need sleep on Sunday.

Ebiris

I'm going to revisit the question of whether switching to Saturday is feasible or not. Rat's one of the most active players in the game, so losing him would suck a lot of life out of things, and make me less inclined to bother at all.

Yuth, last time this came up you were the only one who had issues with Saturday during the time we usually game. Is there any other time on Saturday that might work for you, like starting earlier?

Yuthirin

I still have work on Saturday Mornings here, at 9am CST to 12pm CST.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Yuth has graciously offered to take a break from the game until he can make Saturday sessions (which he figures will be in approx 2 months) so that we don't have to go Ratless. Therefore we'll be moving to Saturday after tomorrow's session (so next after will be on the 26th rather than the 27th). I'll tentatively set our start time for 3pm GMT (half an hour earlier) but if folks would prefer/can make an earlier time post here and we'll see.

Carthrat

I'm kinda really grateful for this, since I really didn't wanna drop GF. Thanks, Yuth~

I can start like eight hours earlier and anything in between, and obviously want to.

Merc

half an hour earlier is perfectly fine with me as is saturday in general.

I could do earlier if needed, like 1-2 hours, it's just getting fairly early in the morning for me so I might not be entirely conscious for much earlier start times.

Sierra

Ebiris

Right, we'll aim for 2pm GMT on Saturday as our time from now on to give Rat some extra sleep (hour and a half before previous time, a day earlier)

Merc

I'm going to miss May 21st

Ebiris

We're not going to have a session this coming Saturday (the 21st), but I'll try to get a push on the personal stuff you guys all want to do via PbP over the weekend.

Ebiris

I'm going up town on this coming Saturday (the 28th) which would force us to cut the session short, but between my lack of prep and the necessity of doing the PbP stuff I've been putting off we'll just call it a wash and cancel entirely.

Corwin

Up to you and your feelings of readiness/time constraints, naturally, but if some pbp stuff needs to happen why not run that in irc during normal gaming time? We can rely on Hatbot to decide what you do if there are worries over fairness or whichever and just see how much we'll have time to cover. Thoughts?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake