News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Attendance Issues

Started by Yuthirin, September 18, 2010, 02:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Well tomorrow's off anyway since I'll actually be leaving a lot earlier.

Merc

I'll have to leave early next week, not sure by how much just yet (will edit once I know). I should be around for the first hour at the very least.

Edit: Yeah, looks like only 1-1.5 hours of playtime for me.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

I'm gonna be moving this weekend if all goes to plan, so if I'm not around for gaming (any game!) that's why. Hopefully things will be fine!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Sierra

Officially familynabbed this Saturday.

Ebiris

Okay, no session this coming Saturday due to two absences. Suits me since I'm going out that night, anyway.

Ebiris

Since we're Ratless tomorrow and the subject is a visit to his country's embassy, I'm inclined to either run a quick random encounter in Shadowshore as the other three go to pick up the potion from Rabbani's, or just skip it altogether. If anyone else wants to take a day off, we might as well just do that.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

I can be around for random stuff. Missed weeks suck.

Sierra

Familynabbed the last hour of tomorrow's game. I try to make sure these things happen on Sundays, but it's not always me doing the planning.

Carthrat

Got a birthday party to attend on the 20/8. Advance notice!

Merc

I'm gonna drop from the game.

Waking up early really, really doesn't agree with me and I'm half asleep through half the session to focus enough to actively participate when it's anything other than a fight or fairly simple tasks, and the second half of the session when I'm finally awake, has so much having happened that I usually feel weird interjecting at that point or I'm a bit lost because of my lack of focus in the first half.

It doesn't help either that I've never really quite clicked with the character enough to really do very much with him, but primarily it's the waking up part that's a pain for me, otherwise I'd have just asked to reroll something new and try again. I'd been thinking about it a bit lately, but today really cemented it since I pretty much gave one line and then nothing else but try to keep up with what was going on as I woke up. Political intrigue combined with morning wake-ups just doesn't work.

So basically, even if I do like the game and it's setting, I'd rather just drop from the game and stick to reading logs when I'm awake and can enjoy them, instead of a half-assed participation and unfocused attention.

Not like Glenn will really be missed, he's already pretty much glossed over, so it can't be too hard to write him out. Or just have him blown up in an accident in the alchemist guild or just fade into the background in Vanderboren's employ.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

No GF this Saturday (10th) since I have a work night out to go to.

Carthrat

Will you be here for Mistvalken?

Ebiris

Yes.

(Doesn't that game have its own board?)

Corwin

I'll be gone September 23-28, so I'll miss the 24th. Let's get our heroic reenactment done in one session (or I can pretend to die horribly midway through, I guess?)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake