News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

007.2 Andrea and Wayland

Started by Corwin, October 07, 2010, 05:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:38] <Kotono> ---------------------------------
[19:43] <Kotono> Vayth's inn room is as you remember it, the door quietly shut. Noel and Branna tag along as the pair of you knock, VAyth opening the door. He steps aside to let the four enter. "How'd it work out?"
[19:44] <Andria> Andrea puts her thumb and index tips together, giving Vayth the 'OK!' gesture. "Sanuth won't be having any money problems anymore," Andrea explains.
[19:44] <Wayland> "Turns out that there was a Sharran involved, and the situation required more violence than was expected." say Wayland. "But fear not, for we have solved the problem."
[19:45] <Andria> "Well, besides with the people he owes money like you, but essentially, his blackmail problem is over."
[19:46] <Kotono> Vayth runs a hand over his face, "Shar's minions? So what entirely was happening?"
[19:48] <Andria> "It's a long story, but the Sharrans tricked him into a messy situation, and were blackmailing him. We proved their duplicity, and righted wrongs, bringing the guilty party to justice."
[19:49] <Kotono> "Ah," His face breaks into a tight smile, "Then it was all worthwhile."
[19:50] <Wayland> "Sanuth was being blackmailed by Qesala, a Sharran that was pretending to be a trader at the Silverback Lodge out east of here. Long story short, Sanuth should have his money back by now, and you should see him about getting your fair dues."
[19:51] <Andria> "And we still have the official report from Waukeen's church, proving he was lying to you too. We never mentioned you either when we approached Sanuth, so..." Andrea adds.
[19:52] <Kotono> "Good," A nod to both of them. He goes forward and offers his hand out, "Your problem solving business is going to prosper. You cut the knot of this problem admirably."
[19:52] * Wayland takes the hand and shakes it, smiling.
[19:52] <Wayland> "Always happy to help out someone in need."
[19:53] * Andria grabs the hand after Wayland and gives a firm and vigorous handshake. "Please feel free to refer others to us! We're going to start charging after today though, so try to stay out of trouble yourself, mister Vayth!"
[19:54] <Kotono> "If I have another problem I'll come by and I'll spread the word," He nods solemnly. "Oh, and who are the two quiet men? More problem solvers?"
[19:54] <Andria> "New recruits that Wayland got for us," is all Andrea has to say on the matter.
[19:55] <Wayland> "These men are Noel and Branna, brave men who have forsaken a potential life of villany to instead see justice spread across the land! They're my apprentices."
[19:59] <Kotono> "Hi," Branna nods, "He's the boss."
[20:00] <Kotono> "Hmph," Vayth gives them both a steely look, "A noble endevour there."
[20:02] <Wayland> "One I plan to succeed in with great success. They will be a powerful tool of justice in the future."
[20:05] <Kotono> Vayth gives them a look over, "You have a ways to go. I've seen their lot before, usually just before the last call at their favorite tavern, drunk and looking for cheap work."
[20:07] <Andria> "Cheap work is better than no work! And at least we can keep them out of trouble. Or Wayland will, anyhow," Andrea adds the last part after a bit of thought.
[20:08] * Wayland nods. "As have I. I know that they will be men of righteousness when I am done with them. I have faith in my ability to teach them what is and is not right."
[20:09] <Wayland> "That, and the pay is better and more consistent than being a drunken strong-arm."
[20:09] <Kotono> Vayth looks to them again, "How are they as warriors? Do they have any merit?"
[20:10] <Andria> "They beat the shit out of Wayland before I scared them up!" Andrea says cheerfully.
[20:10] <Kotono> The two exchange a momentary look, before Noel scowls, "I know how to fight! It's not like we can't here all of you, either."
[20:11] <Wayland> "One of them stabbed me, yes. I assure you, Andrea, that it will take a bit more than that to put me down."
[20:15] <Kotono> "Sometimes, a single lucky strike can end a life," Vayth says, "But," he nods, "I need to go see Sanuth now." He offer shis hand out again, "Thanks to the both of you."
[20:16] * Wayland eyes Noel. "Yes, we know that you can fight. That is why I see potential in you. I also know that you helped us with cleaning out the Lodge. You have potential, and I'd rather not see you two in jail simply because you don't know better."
[20:16] <Andria> Andrea nods. "Remember, try to stay out of trouble, and recommend us to others!"
[20:17] <Kotono> "Yeah," Branna mutters as he rubs the back of his neck.
[20:18] <Wayland> "Unless you two wish to spend some time in jail now?"
[20:19] <Kotono> "We're fine, we're fine!" Noel blurts out, holding his hands up, "We're fine here, really!
[20:19] <Kotono> "
[20:21] * Wayland nods. "Good. Well, again, we are glad we could have solved this issue for you, master Vayth. If you need anything, don't hesitate to let us know in the future."
[20:29] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:29] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 69." [1d100=69]
[20:31] <Kotono> As you begin to walk back to Whimisical Sweets, you find the street busy. Ahead a horse drawn carriage proceeds down the street. It's coming in your direction, guilded gold and drawn by a pair of white stallions. Various people slow and stop to watch it go by.
[20:33] <Andria> Andrea whistles. "Fancy...wonder what's going on," she ponders alound as she waits for the carriage to pass by them, observing it, trying tosee inside if she can too, like many of the other people in the area.
[20:34] <Wayland> "Hmm...some human noble then?" says Wayland curiously.
[20:38] <Kotono> "Someone rich," Noel points, "Lookit that gold and those stallions!"
[20:39] <Kotono> Indeed, the horse-drawn carriage approaches! As it passes by one can glance in the window. Inside is a glorious, beautiful woman. She wears a rich dress, her skin like warm porcelin. Her gaze is straight ahead...or is, as she pauses a moment to glance out. Her eyes pass over Andrea and Wayland, lingering on the latter.
[20:41] * Wayland tips his head politely.
[20:42] <Andria> Andrea blinks curiously at the woman.
[20:43] <Kotono> She turns back, and after a moment, the carriage stops. From the empty air a form appears - that of a livired man, well groomed and impeccable. He goes to open the door into the carriage. The lady looks out, "You there, man of blue flesh."
[20:44] * Wayland steps forward. "Yes, what can I do for you?"
[20:45] <Kotono> Her gaze is on him - a soft, demure look, her brown eyes alluring. "What is your name?"
[20:46] <Wayland> "Wayland of Chillander, Lady."
[20:50] <Kotono> "...." She turns away, "I see." The livired man closes the door and vanishes, and a moment later the carriage continues on it's way.
[20:51] <Andria> "Well that was interesting...?" Andrea notes, as she looks at the parting carriage and then at Wayland, as if wondering if he had an explanation for what just happened.
[20:52] * Wayland just shrugs. "I have no idea what that was about."
[20:54] <Andria> "Maybe Sylvie will know. She seems to know everything from her books," Andrea decides, as she continues onward to the shop.
[20:57] * Wayland nods, walking with her. "Does that often happen in this city? Do you recognize her?"
[20:58] <Andria> Andrea shrugs. "Not that I can recall, to both questions. She's probably related to one of the barons or something? Dunno, really..."
[21:00] <Wayland> "Hmm...well, maybe Sylvie will know."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake