News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

xx. Charlie and the Surprise Guest

Started by Carthrat, October 26, 2010, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

01[02:42] <Kallen> The shop's closed up- business has been rather short, lately, as more kids are in a hurry to get home rather than head to the shops due to the weather, never mind the increasingly poor state of Valiance City. It seems like a day to close early in order to get some real work done. From the comfortable confines of his workshop, Charlie toils away...
01[02:42] <Kallen> ...until he is interrupted by the jarring ring of a doorbell.
[02:44] <Charlie> "Oh blast!  The jarring ring of a doorbell!  I am interrupted."  Charlie answers it!
01[02:46] <Kallen> The door swings open, revealing a spritely young lad with whom Charlie is rather familiar! "Hey, dad," he mumbles, peering up at his father's face. A backpack is slung over one shoulder, and he's wearing a white hoodie with dangling cords drooping from his neck.
[02:48] <Charlie> Charlie's face lights up with glee, which he barely tries to restrain.  "Mick!  Happy Easter!  Nice to see you here!  How's school, how's, er, your mother?"
01[02:51] <Kallen> "Schools alright," replies Mick. "Mum, uh..." He rubs the back of his head. "She's getting really crazy lately."
[02:53] <Charlie> "Oh, ah, that so?  Well, come in, sit down, let me get you some cider!  How'd you get over here?"
01[02:53] <Kallen> He gives a faint grin. "It's Christmastime, dad."
[02:55] <Charlie> "Oh!  Is it!  I could've sworn it was Memorial Day, haha!"
01[02:57] <Kallen> "I walked from school. It's not too far." Mick wanders inside Dad's house, taking in a deep breath. "Yeah, it is. Are you doing anything, pops?"
[02:59] <Charlie> "Well, not in particular, just the usual store sales.  W-why do you ask?"  Charlie stammers a bit, nervous as well.
01[02:59] <Kallen> "Just, you know. I kinda thought we could spend some time together this Christmas," replies Mick, his voice quickening a little. "I mean, we hardly see each other these days, right?"
[03:02] <Charlie> Charlie breathes and tries not to have a heart attack.  "Why - yes, yes, Michael, I'd love to.  That'd be wonderful.  Anything in particular you have in mind?" 
01[03:03] <Kallen> "I don't have anything in particular... haha, I don't know, dad. No idea," he replies, dropping his bag- it seems quite heavy, and taking a seat on a nearby sofa. "Sorry. It's kind of a mess right now."
[03:05] <Charlie> "Oh?  Hmmm... well, of course, you're welcome here anytime, as much as you want.  Something eating at you, want to talk?"
01[03:06] <Kallen> "It's kinda..." Mike fidgets in the chair. "You know. How about we just watch some TV or order a pizza or something?"
[03:08] <Charlie> "Kinda?  Sure, of course.  Turn on the pepperoni and I'll order some football?"
01[03:12] <Kallen> Mike just laughs for a moment; it sounds real and relieved, almost nostalgic. "Sure thing. You've been following this season? Jets are on a roll," he responds, quite happy to talk about one of his passions.
[03:14] <Charlie> There's obviously something on the kid's mind, but Charlie isn't about to press his luck here!  Better to wait and let him open up.  "A bit, a bit!  Good quarterback they've got, most teams seem to lack that this year."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up