News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

[22] Hissy Fits

Started by Merc, March 13, 2011, 02:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun Jun 27 18:07:54 2010

<Merc> When last we left our heroes, they were overlooking a sacrificial chamber, as a platoon of guards vanishing up one set of stairs (thankfully not leading towards you!). The chamber itself hosted a large bonfire, a multitude of worshippers, three priest types (one would assume since they were dressed the part) on a raised area, and two more snakes slithering behind cages in the chamber's wall.
<Maya_Mahabala> "well, we definitely have a giant snake cult...though something seems off." Maya frowned as she took a careful look.
<Anassia> "Well," Anassia says, softly.  "What /now/?"
<Elise> "Maybe we can find a way around?" Elise suggests. "There are too many of them to fight. All at once, at least."
<Maya_Mahabala> "A moment...what is our goal here?" Maya turned, curious.  "Scuttling the cult, certainly, but also getting rid of the snakes.  We'll have to go in there at some point if so.  Though I agree, not right this minute."
<Aleph> "Snake extermination is definitely the main point."  he stays hidden from his vantage point
<Elise> "Yes. And defeating the leaders. These evil priests should not be able to continute perpetrating these vile rituals!"
<Aleph> "Fine, we also deal with the evil snake priests."
<Maya_Mahabala> "So...first we probably need to find the nest.  It's not here, and attacking it will draw them away from this room.  It's probably lower than here."
<Elise> "I didn't see any way down other than this one, though..."
<Aleph> "Perhaps we should stay and watch for the time being...see what they do in total"
<Anassia> "That sounds like a good plan to me," Anassia says, leaning against the wall heavily.
<Merc> ooc: A reminder, there's three cages from your vantage point. two of them have snakes. The other is empty. You don't see any holes in the wall or anything for it to have gotten out either.
<Aleph> ooc: There's also god knows how many people below.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Watching for a bit is fine, but the guards are patrolling.  If we wait around too long they'll come.  How about two of us go check on those routes while Anassia rests here and anyone who wants keeps an eye on the proceedings?"
* Anassia eyes Maya. "And, if the guards do come here? It's not like I'm in any shape to be fighting."
<Aleph> "...honestly, I think it's suicide to split up.  Anassia here looks to be in really bad shape.  Elise and I are still screwed up from the poison."
<Aleph> "And Jack is still nowhere to be found."
<Elise> "I'll fight them off if I have to," Elise volunteers. "But I think we should stay together. We fight better in numbers."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Then let's watch for a bit here.  I think the route above and straight ahead probably wraps back and comes down into this chamber.  We'll probably hit the guards if we go that way.  Why not back left.  There was further passageways there."
<Merc> As they discuss their course of action, the last of that platoon of guard vanishes from sight. Hopefully you won't be seeing them for a while. Or maybe you will as they're probably hunting for you. But who knows, given the mazelike design of the temple.
<Merc> ooc: guards*
* Maya_Mahabala counts while she waits how many people are in that room.
* Anassia continues relaxing against the wall. Spears leave holes.
* Aleph notes the people in that room as well as he remains slumped against the wall
<Merc> Maya counts about...30-ish cultists? It gets a little tricky counting sometimes, since they're moving around the fire and dancing and stuff.
<Merc> Well, that plus those three priests and two giant snakes.
<Elise> "It looks like the actual warriors are gone," Elise says. "If we rush them, we might be able to scatter the crowd and get to the priests before they can call for help. That lot's just dancing, after all--does it look like they're ready for a fight?"
* Anassia glances to Elise slightly. "...you're going to just charge in there?" she asks, quirking an eyebrow slightly.
<Merc> ooc: Well, Maya -is- technically 'just a dancer' too...
<Elise> "No! I asked first, didn't I?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "I think that's actually the best.  We can attack the priests...hopefully the bloodshed would cause the crowd to flee without attacking them.  The snakes probably can leave the cages on their own though....but if they can't and things go bad, we can try opening the cages, or simply just running away and finding another hiding spot."
* Maya_Mahabala listens to see if there's any sounds of the guards returning.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=5]
<Merc> Maya doesn't hear anything of the sort, just the snakey noises and chanting from the worshippers.
<Anassia> "If you're going to charge in there, I guess I can try to help you," she says, pulling herself to her feet.
<Elise> "Hm?" Elise wonders.
* Maya_Mahabala draws her blade, looking over the route between them and the priests for obstacles, sashes on the ceiling and walls, curtains, and other useful dynamic entry props.
<Anassia> "C'mon, this will take a bit," she says, moving over toward the bodies.
* Elise trails alongside Anassia, just in case she needs protection.
* Anassia sits down between the bodies casually, moving her hair behind her head. "Elise, don't to crazy on me here, and try to not interrupt me," The last is said to the entire party, naturally, as she bows her head and closes her eyes, a trickle of pulsing purplish flames slowly coallescing about her hands.
<Merc> There's nothing really in terms of decoration that you can use to get there faster. You'd just have to run down the stairs or jump down.
<Elise> "I don't know what you're suggesting. I'm perfectly sane! Interrupt you doing what, anyway?"
<Merc> It's something of a drop too, so you'd probably want to go down the stairs. Looks to be around 3 floors high?
* Anassia doesn't move much, her hands continuing to burn with the obviously magical flames... as if flames normally spring into existance around hands.
* Aleph starts lining a shot up at the high priest--or whichever priest has more priests adjacent.
<Anassia> 1d20+4 vs 5+4 (9)
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4 vs 5+4 (9)
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=4]
<Anassia> Blech, take 4 damage but otherwise works  Will type up description
* Aleph is now known as robo-Aleph
<Anassia> As the flaws continue to issues forth, they flare abruptly as Anassia winces in plain, the flames being tinged by a deep red color as the bodies around her twitch once, violently.  Then another time.  Then their skin begins to roil and shifts, skin and other matter beginning to slough off in what can only be described as a sickening display, before they twitch again... bony hands reaching out from the pile of offal to flex a few times un
<Anassia> ...flex a few times under their own power.  Anassia sags forward after a moment, breathing heavily as the skeletons pull themselves up to their full height, blood and... other matter dripping from their bones.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Uh, ....this is like that giant snake and your squirrel right?" Maya stared a bit back at the horrific zombies.
* Elise watches, sickened and a little outraged. "What...this is the most vile sorcery I've ever seen! Anassia...why?"
<Anassia> "Something like that," she says, wincing again as she pulls herself to her feet.  "You wanted to charge, there you go," she says, waving dismissively as the skeletons move to retrieve their 'discarded' equipment.
* Elise wrinkles her nose and keeps a good distance from the skeletons. "Using one evil to fight another...I'll overlook it for that. But rest assured that I am grievously offended and disgusted by this display!"
<Maya_Mahabala> "...Okay, ignoring the creepy, shall we put an end to the creepier snake people?"
<Anassia> "Oh, trust me, don't I know it," Anassia says, leaning against a wall heavily.  "Go get 'em."
<Elise> "Yes. YES. I am feeling the need to crush the wicked and trample them underfoot. Let's go."
<Merc> ooc: Roll init ifyou guys are going to charge down the stairs and make yourselves known?
<Elise> roll 1d20+1
* Joins: Ataru (~Ataru@c-76-19-193-223.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=4]
* Ataru is now known as Jack_
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=10]
* Maya_Mahabala changes topic to 'Maya > Elise > ?'
* robo-Aleph is now known as Aleph
* Anassia is not going to charge. Being half-dead from stabbing, eldritch rituals, and blood lost does not make one courageous
<Merc> Off elsewhere, in fact, almost directly below them, as the group prepare for battle, Jack finds the tunnel he snuck into leading to the same chamber the others are overlooking. Light from the bonfire ahead as well as the chanting from the cultists reach his ears.
<Anassia> (( Actually, I /will/ init!  And use my strategy tokens~ ))
* Aleph opts not to charge, but instead punctuate their charge with a shot at the priests that he's been aiming for a while...
<Aleph> (Will init, to shoot!)
<Aleph> roll 1d20+3
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=9]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2 Initiative, go!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+4 Bill
<Merc> roll d20+4 Ted
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=9]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=13]
<Merc> roll d20+3 Priest 1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=20]
<Merc> roll d20+3 Priest 2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll d20+3 Priest 3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=9]
<Merc> ooc: You guys have a surprise round if you want to use it.
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
<Elise> OOC: of course we want to strike first if we can!
<Merc> roll d20 cultists
<Aleph> (Is that full action or standard?)
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d20=7]
<Anassia> ooc:  That's... one standard action, right?
<Merc> ooc: yes
* Jack_ extinguishes the torch
* Merc changes topic to 'Priest 1 > Ted > Maya > Anassia > Bill > Aleph > Priest 3 > Priest 2 > Elise'
<Maya_Mahabala> "Okay, don't hit me," Maya eyed where Aleph was aiming and rushed to one of the other priests, dashing down the stairs, barely touching the floor as she rushed and leaped over any dancers in the way to bring her blade down in a mighty slash on one of the priests.
<Aleph> "...Why would I hit you?  Hit -on- you, maybe, but not hit you."
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 jumping over any difficult terrain in my way
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=6]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+12 (-6 Attack challenge) Spinning slash!
<Merc> ooc: no difficult terrain, but can you seriously run about 105 feet to reach the priests? In one round?
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=11]
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=16]
* Merc changes topic to 'Priest 1 > Jack > Ted > Maya > Anassia > Bill > Aleph > Priest 3 > Priest 2 > Elise'
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 moving defensively then just 40 feet.  Tumble to add to my ac
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 36 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: was taking 3 as I keep doing.  Anyhow done then.
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: No attack or damage or things
<Merc> Maya moves down the stairs, making herself known! Cultists gasp as the priests point to Maya and yell, slowly reacting as the others have a quick chnace to still react.
* Anassia does not reveal herself, simply studying the terrain and the area quietly, trying to not wince overly in pain. She's been elevated to a field commander, sending the two skeletons to be good to one another. And party on, dude. Wait, what?
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4 Strategy Tokens!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
<Anassia> Woo, got one
<Merc> The two skeletons slowly go down the stairs, freaking out a lot of people!
<Merc> Meanwhile, Jack hears a lot of screaming up ahead! Something's going on and disturbed the party/ceremony/whatever!
* Aleph lines up a shot at the head priest, stepping slightly forward as he fires a single arrow at the guy
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10, surprise bow attack!
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d7=3]
<Merc> ooc: Well...You hit one of the snakes?
<Merc> ooc: roll your damage for enraged snake in a cage!
<Aleph> roll 1d8+3 WATCH THIS BE MINIMUM DAMAGE
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d8=2]
-eraniss.tx.us.lunarnet.org:@#truesteel- Merc invited Serith into the channel.
* Joins: Serith (~iron_drag@77.246.71.109)
<Aleph> superior fucking troll jegus that was a shitty shot
* Penuche was kicked by Merc (boo)
* Merc sets mode: +v Serith
<Merc> One of the snakes goes enraged as an arrow goes right into it's left eye! It's body is slamming against the cage's bar as it glares balefully in the direction the arrow came from!
* Aleph shrugs. "It's the damned poison," he mutters to himself
* Elise marches down the stairs, brandishing her weapon, yelling at the crowd as she goes. "ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT THEIR HEAD SPLIT OPEN BY THE WRATH OF GOD, GET OUT OF MY WAY NOW."
<Elise> OOC: just standard movement, far as I can go in one round.
<Merc> One of the priests begins shouting things at everyone else as he pulls out a dagger!
<Merc> ooc: Jack. You hear stuff! You can rush into a lot of scantily clad men and women and kill them, or sneak around, or whatever!
* Jack_ continues with the sneaking, it's served him well so far
<Jack_> roll 1d20+12 hide
<Jack_> roll 1d20+12 move silently
<Merc> ooc: bah apparently Serith is broke, so back to Penuche
<Jack_> !roll 1d20+12 move silently
-obsidian.ab.ca.lunarnet.org:@#truesteel- Merc invited Penuche into the channel.
* Joins: Penuche (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
* ChanServ sets mode: +h Penuche
* Serith was kicked by Merc (useless kitty! back to your master!)
* Joins: Serith (~iron_drag@77.246.71.109)
* Merc sets mode: +b *!*@77.246.71.109
* Serith was kicked by Merc (...take off auto-rejoin, Iddy!)
* Merc sets mode: -b *!*@77.246.71.109
<Jack_> roll 1d20+12 move silently
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=9]
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=19]
* Jack_ sneaks towards the high priest
<Merc> Jack sneaks closer to the action, leaning against the wall by the tunnel, observing the room in its entirety, the bonfire, priests, cultists and snakes. He can also see Maya off the corner of his eye, at the bottom of a set of stairs to the left of him.
<Merc> ooc: sneaking towards the priests would be hard to do, they're on the opposite side of the room from the tunnel
<Merc> ooc: and not a lot of cover to use.
<Merc> ooc: anyhow, you'd still have space to move though,but moving further would reveal you.
* Merc changes topic to 'Priest 1 > Jack > Ted > Maya > Anassia > Bill > Aleph > Priest 3 > Priest 2 > Cultists > Elise'
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-21-119-238.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-21-120-150.tukw.qwest.net)
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=9]
<Merc> Somehow, Jack sneaks along the edge of the wall on the opposite side of Maya, and staying out of sight/focus of the cultists and priests. For now.
<Merc> One of the skeletons continues moving forward, jumping off the last part of the stairs to move around Maya as it heads towards the priests, spear in hand!
<Merc> ooc: Maya
* Maya_Mahabala lacks a witty line as she simply moves in.  Well simply for her, kicking off the heads of nearby cultists as she leaps over and brings her blade down on the back of the central seeming priest.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 jumping over any difficult terrain in my way  Intentionally.  There will be silliness.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=16]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+12 (-6 attack challenge)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: hit
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+12
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d8=6,6]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 (trying for 3 AC)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 37 > [d20=14]
<Merc> The priest grunts as he takes an attack, then his dagger flashes forward towards Maya, clearly ready to counterattack!
<Merc> roll d20+11
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=14]
<Merc> But Maya edges just past the slashing blade!
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-21-120-150.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-31-132-62.tukw.qwest.net)
<Merc> [21:26] <Anassia> roll 1d20+4 v 10 Strategy tokens
<Merc> [21:26] <Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=16]
* Anassia continues her observations of the battlefield, ordering her skeletal minons about like little pawns. It's much more reliable than having her take the spears herself. She could get used to this.
<Merc> The second of the skeletons continues moving down the stairs, standing besides his partner, ready to stab the living!
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
* Aleph moves forward slightly once more, taking this time three shots at the priest that slashed at Maya.
<Merc> roll d7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d7=1]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=10]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=17]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d20=1]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d8=6]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d8=1]
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d8=7]
<Merc> [21:30] <Aleph> roll 1d20+8 shot 1
<Merc> [21:30] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=10]
<Merc> [21:30] <Aleph> roll 1d20+8 shot 2
<Merc> [21:30] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=17]
<Merc> [21:30] * Elise has read it two or three times now.
<Merc> [21:30] <Aleph> roll 1d20+3 shot 3
<Merc> [21:30] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d20=1]
<Merc> [21:30] <Merc> ooc: hit/hit/epic miss
<Merc> [21:32] <Aleph> roll 1d8+3 shot 1
<Merc> [21:32] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d8=6]
<Merc> [21:32] <Aleph> roll 1d8+3 shot 2
<Merc> [21:32] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d8=1]
<Merc> [21:32] <Aleph> roll 1d8+3 shot 4
<Merc> [21:32] <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d8=7]
<Merc> The priest is made into a pincushion (well, as much of a pincushion as one can be with two arrows). The third arrow flies off and slams into the eye of the -other- snake, also enraging it! Boy, that Aleph has a talent for pissing off giant animals.
<Merc> Meanwhile, the other two priests draw their own daggers, and attack Maya!
<Merc> roll d20+9
<Merc> roll d20+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=19]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+9
<Merc> roll d20+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=2]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+9 threat
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll 2d4+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d4=2,4]
<Merc> Of the four slashes made at Maya, only one hits the mark! It kinda stings a bit and looks like it might leave a scar on her arm! Ouch.
<Merc> The cultists meanwhile begin to panic and run for the stairs the guards headed towards! To get reinforcements or just flee towards the people that are armed? Either way, they don't look particularly willing to mix it up with the crazy people attacking their priests!
<Merc> ooc: Elise
<Maya_Mahabala> "You know, I should count it lucky that you were only using a dagger," She briefly pinned the others blade under her sword.  "If you were using a real sword I might've lost an arm to that.  I'm going to feed you to your own snake when your done here though."
<Aleph> "...maybe it's just my subconscious hate for reptiles acting up." Aleph comments, looking where the third arrow landed
* Elise charges towards the head priest, surely making up in momentum what she lacks in speed, leaping forward and swinging right at that worshipper of false idols' ugly face!
<Elise> roll 1d20+13-1+2 (fatigue/charge)
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=8]
<Elise> roll 2d6+8 damage think that's a hit?
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=1,6]
<Merc> ooc: yep
<Merc> The head priest's brain is smushed! The two priests beside him clearly look horrified.
<Merc> ooc: Jack
* Merc changes topic to 'Jack > Ted > Maya > Anassia > Bill > Aleph > Priest 3 > Priest 2 > Cultists > Elise'
* Jack_ sneaks over and flanks one of the priests by maya, then draws both blades from his back and brings them arcing down across the cultist
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=16]
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=2]
<Merc> ooc: hit/miss
<Jack_> roll 6d6+7
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d6=3,5,1,1,3,6]
<Merc> The priest cries out as he's stabbed right in the back, a sword penetrating through his chest! He coughs blood, but is still standing somehow!
<Merc> Meanwhile, one of the skeletons moves towards the other priest and attempts to stab him!
<Merc> roll d20+12 flanking with maya!
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d8+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=7]
* Jack_ looks at Maya... "So, what'd I miss?"
<Merc> The spear slices through his side!
<Merc> ooc: Maya
* Jack_ ignores the man writhing on the end of his sword
<Maya_Mahabala> "Lots.  Where did you just come from?" She ducked under a dagger from the remaining priest as she dashed to the nearby cage, bouncing off the edge of it for momentum as she twisted around, coming back in a dangerous flying slash at the bold stabbing priest's head.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 Vertical slash, go away ADF
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=16]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+10 against priest that stabbed her.  How dare he!
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d3=1]
<Merc> ooc: you accidently stab poor Ted.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+12
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d8=3,4]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 for 4 ac
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=3]
<Merc> The priest eeps and ducks under Maya's wide swing, which takes off a good chunk of the skeleton's rib cage! It's okay though, he wasn't alive, so he didn't even feel it!
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
<Maya_Mahabala> "Oh, so close," Maya taunted, playing it off as a jest as she smirked at the priest.
* Elise is now known as MechaElise
<Merc> Anassia just continues giving commands and stuff. The other skeleton goes assist in attacking the priest that Maya and his undead friend are focusing on.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d3=1]
<Merc> roll d8+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d8=2]
<Merc> The other skeleton apparently avenges his undead friend or something, as he smacks Maya with his spear!
<Merc> Anassia winces at the sight. "Sorry, Maya!" she calls out from the top of the stairs.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
* Aleph moves down the stairs to get a better shot, before trying a risky maneuver--if only to throw off the priest a bit
<Aleph> roll d20+12 tumbling attack
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=20]
<Merc> ooc: epic success!
<Aleph> roll d20+10 attack (no DEX)
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=5]
<Merc> ooc: that hits with the lack of dex actually.
<Aleph> roll d8+3 make this an actually good damage roll or I'll fly off the handle and do a pirouette and win a medal or something
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d8=3]
<Merc> Both of the priests seem to realize that they're hosed, so they decide to go out with a bang! Figuratively anyhow. It'll be more of a hiss than a bang. Thwick! Thwack! Thwick! Thwick! Their daggers go flying in the direction of the enraged snakes' cages!
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=2]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=5]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=2]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=6]
<Merc> The daggers don't really do much though. They're unarmed now, and the daggers clatter against the floor. Boy, poor shots. They don't make cult priests like they used to...
<Merc> ooc: Mecha-Elise
<Merc> Both priests start to curse (or you think it sounds like cursing anyhow. Blasted language barrier).
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+15 SMASH a Priest
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=14]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+10 Smash another priest
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=10]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 4d6+18 damage on the less wounded priest
<Merc> ooc: you can't cleave until you make sure the first priest dies!
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 36 > [d6=6,5,1,6]
<Merc> ooc: nevermind, I think you cleaved.
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: I was full attacking actually
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+15 cleave
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=15]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d6+9 Smash the other priest!
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d6=6,5]
<Merc> ooc: either way, that kills one, so cleave. And cleave is on the lower roll actually, I think. ALthough that'd still hit.
<Merc> ooc: ...and that kills him too. >_>;
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, I suppose a hammer to the skull is pretty effective too...  What do you think they were doing with those daggers?" She turned to any crowd that remained, waving her sword violently.
<Merc> Elise is remorseless as she smashes one of the unarmed priests, and as he's smashed into paste, she uses the momentum of her last swing to splatter the other one further into Jack's blade. Ew.
* Merc changes topic to 'Aleph rolls snake eyes. That is all.'
* Aleph walks down the stairs, keeping the bow out. "I think I can see what they were trying."
<Maya_Mahabala> "What then?"
* Aleph points to the snake cages up above
<Aleph> "They probably had some kind of hidden catch on them."
<Aleph> "Or at least one that they could hit with a thrown knife"
<Merc> There are a pair of switches near where the daggers clattered. Not the easiest things to hit with daggers probably,but hey, it was a dying attempt or something.
<Aleph> "...yeah...something tells me they were going to let those things out."
<Merc> The sacrificial chamber is rather empty right now outside of the hissing enraged snakes, still slamming their bodies against the cages' bars. You might want to do whatever you're going to do fast, before those platoons of spear-wielding guards return or something. Surely -someone- amongst those fleeing cultists got them.
<Aleph> Are there any other openings?
<Aleph> (as in pathways)
<Merc> The only exits/entrances into the chamber are the stairs you came from, the ones the cultists/guards went through, and the hole udner your stairs that Jack popped out from.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Let's kill the snakes and bolt for now," Maya suggested, seeing if she could skewer one safely from outside the cage.
<Aleph> "...yeah.  That's what I was thinking."
<Aleph> "Elise, Jack, keep watch to make sure nobody tries to flip those."
<Merc> Well, there's plenty of space between the bars that you could walk into the cage if you wanted to slash at it, Maya. But that's probably not hte brightest of ideas.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Aleph, start shooting the snakes."
* Aleph will likely walk within point-blank range to shoot
<Aleph> "One step ahead of you." he walks by, smiling, prepared to start sending a barrage of arrows at the snake from optimal range
<Aleph> "By the way, you okay, Maya?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "I could do with a bandage," Maya seemed to be taking the cuts well enough.  She was surprisingly sturdy for a gypsy dancer it seemed sometimes.
<Merc> As Aleph approaches the enraged snakes, both hiss loudly and open their mouths! You all know what's coming.
<Jack_> "Hmm, lemme take a look."
* Jack_ tries patching up Maya
* Aleph holds his breath
<Jack_> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=7]
* Maya_Mahabala dodges back, pulling jack along.
<Maya_Mahabala> Elise is thankfully far enough to be checking the far stairway by now, keeping a watch out.
* Aleph backs off quickly enough
<Merc> As the poison begins to pump out of both snakes' mouths, everyone still alive quickly retreats just far enough. Obviously, going near the snakes is probably nota bright idea. Especially Aleph, whom the snakes seem to be staring at the most.
<Aleph> "Damned poison." he comments back, looking at the others
<Aleph> "...we could just let them starve.  The priests aren't here, you know."
<Jack_> "So, you all look pretty banged up..."
<Aleph> "Snake poison, guards, people's unwillingness to avoid a fight..."
<Jack_> "But I guess that's what happens when you kick in the front door..."
<Merc> Jack does look like he's in rather good shape compared to the rest of you all!
<Aleph> "...though..."
<Aleph> he goes back toward the snakes again, ready to see if they try another spray of poison.  If not, he's sending a volley at one.
<Merc> The snakes hiss at Aleph, but neither shoots a breath of poison, as they watch Aleph move closer.
* Aleph decides to let the arrows fly. "Sorry, guys, but you're an out-of-place threat. Can't let you sit in the lake and interrupt any more swims."
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 1
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=12]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=19]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 shot 3
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Merc> As Aleph moves even closer and the arrows fly, both snakes release another cloud of poison!
<Merc> ooc: fort save and hit/hit/hit
<Maya_Mahabala> "Where did you go Jack?" She wondered from afar.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=18]
<Merc> Aleph stands through the strain of the poison this time! Immunities!
<Jack_> "I snuck in through the giant hole in the wall."
<Aleph> roll 1d8+7
<Aleph> roll 1d8+7
<Aleph> roll 1d8+7
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d8=8]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d8=2]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=6]
<Jack_> "Passed a snake nest, but didn't really run into any trouble."
<Merc> roll d20+8 robo-Elise curiosity fort save if she -were- near the snakes like she totally would if Cid hadn't left early.
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: aw
* Jack_ walks over to Anassasia, bandages in hand
<Jack_> "Alright, let's take a look at you."
<Merc> The snakes continue raging as they take wounds! But they're still alive.
<Jack_> "Took quite the beating, eh?"
<Jack_> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=15]
<Merc> ooc: Anyhow, let's just assume you keep shooting till they're dead anyway.
* Anassia smiles to him, waving him away slightly. "I'll be fine, honestly," she says, sitting against the wall. "Spears just hurt like hell.
<Aleph> "These guys really overuse the stuff."
<Aleph> (Yeah.  No need to roll for it anymore)
* Aleph keeps firing into the snakes until both die. Takes a bit, given how big they are, but hooray bows and stuff
<Maya_Mahabala> "Did you destroy the snake's nest?" Maya wondered at the absent minded thief.
<Merc> ooc: Nobody saw any nest.
<Jack_> (scratch the nest then... I thought you mentioned Jack sneaking through one, but I might have missread)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.