News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

[24] Royal Crimes

Started by Merc, March 13, 2011, 02:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun Aug 01 17:55:20 2010

<Merc> Our group of heroes/would-be-spies rest in the quaint little town as the blacksmith modifies their weapons to hide their allegiances. Mostly, they just get to peripherally know the rest of the townsfolk and the layout of the place, with 'Maya and her troupe' putting on shows every now and then to spend the time. Their weapons are soon ready, and it's just a matter of waiting for Prince Victor to arrive and the meeting to occur.
<Merc> Currently, it's getting late in the day, and the prince is due any day now, with the group eating in the town inn's bar.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, at least the folks here are far more pleasant than I would've guessed."  Maya smiled.  A week of shows and wining and dining had left them with a very solid knowledge of whos who in the city and where things go.  But it was still stressful being in the middle of a potentially enemy country.
<Elise> "Yeah, no one's even tried to kill us yet." Does Elise sound a little disappoitned about that?
<Maya_Mahabala> "And hopefully no one will," Maya eyed Elise with her usual keep it down gaze.  Sure no one was nearby, but it never hurt to be a bit cautious with your words.  She almost giggled at that, trying to picture Elise being cautious with her words.
<Aleph> "...we're talking about us," Aleph commented, smirking, taking a drink, "It'll be sooner or later, you know."
<Anassia> "... I hate to have to agree with you, ALeph," ANassia comments wrily.  "Let's just hope they do it on our way ou..."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Such a realist," She stuck her tongue out at him.
<Aleph> "I just know us too well." he returns the tongue-sticking
* Elise just rolls her eyes at Maya and Aleph. "Really, you two. You're acting like children."
<Anassia> "Gee, why could that be?" Anassia asks, smirking slightly.
* Aleph just glares at Elise and Anassia
<Maya_Mahabala> Maya smiled and sat back. "Well, at least we've had plenty of time to rest and recover," and be on the stage.  It felt so strange traveling for days without dancing before crowds.  Sure, she practiced in the mornings, but it was just too quiet for her tastes.
<Merc> As the group chats, you notice the door into the inn opening forcefully, as some men in wet cloaks quickly come in, dripping water all over the entrance. Huh, looks like it's raining hard outside. Well, it had looked rather cloudy earlier when you were all outside.
* Maya_Mahabala sips her drink, eying the travelers carefully, much as she had any that came into town once they'd set up shop here.
<Merc> One of the men removes the hood of his cloak and begins to speak with the innkeeper... regarding rooms for his group, probably.
* Anassia glances toward the dark-cloaked figures as well, quirking an eyebrow slightly. "Looks a friendly bunch..." she comments softly.
* Aleph tries to listen in on the group as best he can...does anyone there resemble anything?
* Elise gives the men a good looking over as well--you can never be sure when these foreigners will turn on you!
* Maya_Mahabala tries to listen in as well.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=16]
<Aleph> <Aleph> roll d20+10 Listen
<Aleph> <Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=20]
<Merc> As the the man discusses things with the innkeeper, the rest of the group pull off their cloaks, and the innkeeper steps back in suprise at the sight of one of them, giving a deep bow as he starts speaking rapidly. Aleph and Maya hear an exclamation of 'My lord!'. The young man being bowed to just smiles and points to the man the innkeeper was originally talking to. The innkeeper nods and returns to speaking with the first person. Apparently it is about rooms from what Aleph and Maya can hear.
<Merc> ooc: cut off - The innkeeper nods and returns to speaking with the first person. Apparently it is about rooms from what Aleph and Maya can hear.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Subtle as a bone snake," Maya mused, leaning back in her chair.
<Anassia> "Royalty has no need to learn subtlty," Anassia says softly over to Maya, glancing back to the other girl.
* Aleph snrks. "That it'd be."
<Merc> None of the group seems to be particularly caring about hiding their identity or acting suspiciously, really. Just wet travellers looking to dry up and a place to stay the night.
* Elise is carefully quiet here. Anything she'd have to say would certainly be disruptive, so.
* Maya_Mahabala waits till they get their room, casually finishing her meal in the meantime, not intending to move for right now at least.
* Aleph sips more of his drink as he listens for the room number in question
<Merc> ooc: roll listen again
<Aleph> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=19]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=19]
<Merc> Both Maya and Aleph hear the room. Convinient! It's the one next to the one Aleph and Jack are sharing!
* Aleph 's eyes narrow understandingly as he turns to face the rest of the group, a smirk forming on his face
* Anassia quirks an eyebrow slightly to Aleph curiously. "What?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "Mmm, well, I'm done eating...mm, Aleph, you wouldn't mind sharing a drink in your room later, would you?" She winked at him, hoping the group would catch on.
* Elise narrows her eyes, looking from Aleph to Maya and seemingly catching a different meaning.
* Anassia quirks an eyebrow as well, glancing between the two, apparently also catching another meaning.
<Anassia> "Is now really the time for that?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "Oh, don't be so jealous, " Maya picked up on it,  smiling just so. That said, it didn't hurt having others mistake it for that too if anyone was listening in.  "I'm sure if you want, Aleph might let you come along."
<Anassia> "I'd rather... not, thanks," Anassia says flatly, glancing back to Maya.
<Elise> "What are you suggesting?" Elise fumes. "Love isn't for more than two people! Don't give everyone bad ideas, Maya."
<Merc> "You don't believe love is to be freely shared, Elise?" Jack asks, wiggling his eyebrows.
<Elise> "Not with--you know, not more than--" Elise points wildly at Maya, Aleph, Anassia, more or less everyone. "That's just not right!"
* Anassia quirks an eyebrow slight to Elise. "Wait, why are you including me?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "Because you protest too much," Maya smiled, having fun with her.
<Elise> "I'm just--Maya asked you! This conversation's rotting my brain, that's why!"
* Aleph grins. "My, my~ I get to have a girl in my room tonight? This is a rare occasion indeed~" he replies, understanding what was really meant nonetheless
<Anassia> "/I/ protest too much?" Anassia asks, bewhildered.  "Nary do I protest!"
<Elise> "There's no much thing as too much protesting when something's wrong."
<Elise> *no such thing
<Merc> While you're all discussing having an orgy in Aleph's and Jack's room, the prince and his entourage move up the stairs to their room.
<Aleph> "But there's nothing wrong at all with this!" Aleph grins excitedly
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, yes, but some protest when it's true.  Anyhow, I'll see you up there," Maya smiled, making her way back toward her own room.  Half hoping Elise or Anassia would follow to bicker.
* Elise merely watches Maya leave with a frigid stare. "I won't stop her if that's what she wants to do with her time, but she doesn't have to talk about it in front of everyone," she huffs.
* Anassia has no reason to follow, picking up a local fruit to bite into. "It's not like I'm too surprised," she admits flatly.
<Merc> "So am I staying the night with one of you two lovely ladies, since I'm getting kicked out of my room?" Jack leers good naturedly at both Anassia and Elise.
* Aleph is still half-grinning like an idiot, wishing that the lie was half-true, to say the least
<Elise> "You can use *Maya's* room, since apparently she won't be."
<Anassia> "... But that's my room," Anassia says, quirking an eyebrow slightly.
<Aleph> "Well, guess I'd be heading up to my room to prepare." Aleph nods to the group as he heads up the stairs, still having a bit of a silly grin on his face
<Merc> ***
<Merc> While three of them stay downstairs for now, Maya is listening with her ear cupped against the wall of the room as Aleph enters, apparently forgetting the whole 'spy on the room next door' part and more derailed on the thought of getting lucky. Elise, Jack and Anassia did a darn good job of knocking his train of thought into derailment.
<Merc> So far, Maya hasn't heard anything interesting from next door, it seems they're just getting comfortable and getting dried. Nothing interesting has been said that she could hear.
* Maya_Mahabala listens carefully, waving him silently over.
* Aleph walks over next to Maya, nodding and putting an ear to the wall as well
<Merc> ooc: listen checks
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Can we take 20? :P
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=19]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=5]
<Merc> "Damn rain, came out of nowhere, didn't it? Think it'll delay our contact from arriving in time for our meeting, Davan?" Aleph hears. Maya strains to hear something about the rain, meetings and Davan. Enough to get the jist probably. "Who knows, my lord. I doubt the man would allow something like rain to delay him though..."
<Merc> You can hear prince Victor sigh loudly. "Ugh, waiting until midnight. How droll. And with the rain pouring, I doubt there's anything to even do in this town while we wait."
* Maya_Mahabala clucked her tongue, nodding to Aleph to keep listening and going and listening at the other wall.  Had either of them come upstairs yet?
* Aleph continues to listen intently
<Merc> Mostly, they just seem to be talking about the state of the country, what the king is doing right or wrong, things the prince would like to see get done, and various political matters, as well as a lot of random other things. But nothing related to Adallia so far. It's kind of boring, really, and there's still about two hours to go until midnight, when their supposed contact should arrive.
* Maya_Mahabala slips quietly out of Aleph's room, heading next door to hers and opening the door.
* Aleph continues listening, albeit boredly, not noticing Maya's stealthy disappearance
<Merc> Jack looks up, looking kind of bored. "Oh, done already? Kind of quick, you two. Couldn't have been very fun," he notes randomly.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Yeah yeah, dirty minds.  Anyhow, it's tonight, go wait with Aleph," Maya headed over to the next room, opening that door.
* Aleph shakes his head to Jack. "It wasn't what you thought it was."
<Merc> ooc: ignore Aleph's line.
<Merc> Jack nods as he heads to join Aleph while Maya goes check up on Elise and Anassia.
* Elise turns from looking out the window, looks up. "I already told you I don't want to join in on your debauchery!" she says (probably irritating to Anassia, as she's surely already heard a lot of complaining about the whole matter by now).
* Anassia rolls her eyes slightly at Elise's exclamation, glancing back to Maya. "That was quick/
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, we were only sharing a cup of wine," She stepped in, glancing at the two of them.  "The conversation in the next room though was quite distracting," She continued in a lower voice, "We're organizing in aleph's room.  The contact is to arrive at midnight."
<Elise> "Why didn't you tell us this before? All that disgraceful talk."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Because we were sitting in a public dining room with any number of folks listening in?" She wondered. "I really can't believe you think me so sudden, Elise, even if you are fun to tease.  Now come on, we want to be ready for them before he arrives.  Aleph is keeping an ear on them so they don't escape."
* Elise walks to other room with only a simple "Hmph," spared for Maya. Surely it should be apparent by now what kind of woman she thinks Maya is!
<Merc> "They're talking about horse riding right now," Jack mutters as he looks up, pulling his ear away from the wall as the girls pile into the room.
* Maya_Mahabala smiles and walks beside the two of them, nodding and checking the window.  Was it still storming outside?
<Merc> There's still rain drops smacking against the window at a constant rate, though the rain doesn't seem quite as harsh as it looked when a drenched prince walked into the inn.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Someone keep an eye on the window, just in case they try and bolt that way," Maya suggested, her manner of thinking reflective of what she might do in such an event.  She moved to lean against the door to the room, listening to any going through the hallway for the more mundane route.
* Aleph continues listening, just in case they start planning to go. Seems unlikely, though...
<Merc> Jack nods as he goes stand near Maya, keeping an ear out for noise from the inn's corridor.
* Elise puts her ear to the wall. They may not be talking about anything interesting now, but they might later. Vigilance is the price of freedom and all that!
* Anassia looks out the window apparently, lounging as comfortably as she can. "So.... what do they look like?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "No idea, but you're looking for people leaving not coming in."
<Merc> There's really nothing interesting outside, just rain, rain and darkness. Nobody looks to be leaving through the window next door any time soon. As Elise and Aleph continue listening on, Jack occassionally dozing off from boredom until Maya prods him awake, they start hearing something about Adallia...
<Merc> ooc: listen checks
<Anassia> roll 1d20+7 So listenful
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=14]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=17]
<Elise> roll 1d20-2 epic as always
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=18]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Jack? :)
<Merc> ooc: Well, I figured only Elise/Aleph were specifically listening to the other room, and the rest of you were just focusing on yourlittle tasks.
<Merc> "The unrest with Adallia is growing in the borders. People are getting scared..." the prince mutters. "You wonder if this was the right way to start fixing our country's problems, Davan?"
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-91-124.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
<Merc> The other man, Davan, snorts. "A little late for doubts, my lord. But I certainly hope so. I'd hate to think we're dooming our country with our actions."
<Merc> "Ugh, I hate second guessing myself. I suppose the worst part of this whole plan is having to work with that Lord Ranus. I'm still concerned what his own goals are in this plan."
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-21-112-215.tukw.qwest.net)
<Merc> "Well, we're meeting with his representative," Davan snorts again. "Why don't you just ask him what his lord's plans are?"
<Merc> The prince laughs, though not jovially. "If only...let's talk about other matters. There'll be time for seriousness when we're joined by our comrade in treachery," he mutters in a self-deprecating voice. His voice turns a bit warmer, though there's still a bit of that negative emotion as he tries to shift topics. "How's your brother doing with..."
<Merc> ooc: I'm working off the assumption that it was only Elise/Aleph listening in.
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-21-112-215.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-88-155.tukw.qwest.net)
* Aleph puts up his finger to his mouth in a gesture toward Elise to not start yelling about injustice
* Elise scowls more to make up for her silence!
* Anassia idly kicks her feet to pass time, resting her chin on her hand.
<Merc> More time passes, and midnight comes...and goes. The rain seems to be stopping, still drops hit against the window, but not with the same frequency as the past few hours. On the other side of the wall, Aleph and Elise can hear the prince pacing impatiently as his main guard, Davan, keeps telling him to be patient, and that it's probably the rain causing delays after all.
* Aleph tries to relay the relevant info he hears to Anassia over the time
<Merc> Some ten minutes or so pass, when Jack seems to wake up, apparently hearing steps along the corridor. Maya also starts to hear them, and footsteps soon stop in front of the prince's room, with a knock sounding in a pattern.
* Anassia slouches the longer she waits. "This is thrilling," she murmurs softly, although she sits up when Jack apparently starts hearing things.
<Merc> "Finally..." Aleph hears the prince mutters as people start moving in the other room, someone going to the door.
* Aleph keeps his ear to the wall, but grabs his bow anyway...
* Maya_Mahabala has her sword ready of course, not that it ever seems to be far away.
<Merc> "Well met, Prince Victor," the newest person to enter the room greets the prince. Hrm...there's something familiar about that voice.
* Aleph is halfway ready to listen to this, halfway ready to kick the guy's ass...and a bit indecisive
<Merc> "Well met, sir Killigan. How is Lord Ranus doing?" the prince asks pleasantly, though it's obvious he doesn't really care, and is just observing decorum. The man named Killigan doesn't seem to notice instead replying honestly. "Not well, I'm afraid. He's...displeased since some err, difficulties I had recently with another of his tasks."
<Merc> That seems to grab the prince's attention. "Oh? Pray tell what misfortunes befell you, sir Killigan."
<Merc> "Some miscreants interfered with some of my lord's recent acquisitions and killed his favorite pet. I'm afraid I had to take the brunt of his wrath," Killigan replies honestly. Well, somewhat. He does sound rather angry though.
<Aleph> "..."
* Aleph 's eyes narrow as he continues to listen for potential clues
<Merc> You can hear Davan snort again. He seems to have an odd sense of humor, that one. "It's not funny, sir Davan! One of those miscreants did grave injustice to me in addition to what they did to my lord!"
<Merc> "And no, I won't say what! We have other matters to discuss anyhow...!" the man snaps before someone could ask what was done.
* Aleph rolls his eyes, with an expression that says "You've -GOT- to be kidding me..."
* Maya_Mahabala waits at the door watching the two by the wall to see if they've got enough information or seem ready to move.
<Merc> "Well, yes, I suppose we do," the prince nods. "Well, the unrest between Adallia and Vyrdam continues to grow. After the attempt on father's life..."
<Merc> He pauses.
<Merc> "It needed to happen, and your father did not die, did he?" Killigan interjects. The prince clears his throat but seems to agree. "I...suppose. Still, that seems to have really started to speed the process up. Father has increased our military forces around the border."
<Merc> "Good, then things go as planned. Your brothers? Have they gotten involved yet?"
<Merc> "Prince Ophius is joining up with the next excursion we send towards the borders. Prince William still seems to think war need not happen though..." Davan answers for the prince.
<Merc> A pause again, as Killigan takes in the news. "I see. Prince William might be a problem then..."
<Merc> "He won't," Prince Victor replies firmly and quickly. "Lord Ranus does not need to involve himself with the matter of my brothers. I can handle it."
<Merc> "...if you insist."
<Merc> "I have other matters I must see to before I return to my lord. Here, take this. In... case you can't handle your situation with your brother. If you need to contact us, you know what to do," Killigan adds after a moment of silence from all parties involved.
<Merc> You can hear shuffling towards the door again.
<Aleph> "Alright, time to move."
* Aleph gets his bow out and moves toward the door himself, motioning for Elise and Anassia to join in
* Anassia straightens from her seat, stretching as a hand moves to the dagger at her hip. She moves toward the door.
* Aleph likewise moves toward the door
* Elise is armed and ready to dispense righteous punishment to her foes!
* Maya_Mahabala opens the door a crack, but does not immediately step out watching for the best surprise attack vector.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Session Start: Sun Aug 08 15:11:33 2010

<Merc> * Aleph gets his bow out and moves toward the door himself, motioning for Elise and Anassia to join in
<Merc> * Anassia straightens from her seat, stretching as a hand moves to the dagger at her hip. She moves toward the door.
<Merc> * Aleph likewise moves toward the door
<Merc> * Elise is armed and ready to dispense righteous punishment to her foes!
<Merc> * Maya_Mahabala opens the door a crack, but does not immediately step out watching for the best surprise attack vector.
* Aleph is behind the two girls, bow ready for when he can get a decent shot at one or more of the people present
* Elise doesn't waste any time letting the men get away. She kicks the door open and barges out into the hall, hammer at the ready. "TIME FOR JUSTICE TO BE SERVED!"
<Merc> The door to the prince's room is starting to open, and Elise can see a hint of Killigan's face, who registers surprise as his pull on the door freezes and recognition begins to set into his face. "...you! I remember you!" he quickly mutters.
<Merc> ooc: You get an action to do whatever you want
<Merc> ooc: then init
<Elise> What Elise really wants to do is smash Killigan's face in, and steps right up to take a swing at him!
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 attack roll?
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=4]
<Maya_Mahabala> "Forget someone, Mr. T-rex?" Maya hummed stepping up alongside Elise and ducking low, stabbing beneath where she was smashing.
<Merc> ooc: hit
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=14]
<Merc> ooc: ditto
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 damage
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d6=5,3]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=1,6]
* Aleph likewise moves out into the hall, ready to take a shot at the T-Rex asshole...
* Jack_ positions himself between the target door and the door next to it
<Merc> Killigan stumbles back, letting go of the door as he's wounded, and you can see the others starting to draw their weapons in preparation for the attack.
<Merc> ooc: roll init
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=1]
<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=14]
<Aleph> !roll 1d20+4
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Robo-Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=10]
<Merc> roll d20+2 guards
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=20]
<Merc> roll d20+2 davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d20+4 killigan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d20+4 victor
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=1]
* Merc changes topic to 'Guards > Davan > Aleph > Elise > Jack > Anassia > Maya > Victor'
<Merc> Elise can't really see them, but the guards draw their swords and stand at the ready, prepared to defend their prince! The knight Davan does the same with his own weapon, and then approaches the door, manhandling the injured Killigan off to the side so he can get to the door. Elise gets a good luck at the armored man as he kicks the door shut in her face! "What's the meaning of this, Killigan?!?" you can all hear the prince demanding.
<Merc> ooc: door's been shut, but not locked. So you could force it open.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Merc> ooc: Elise
<Elise> "All you men inside can surrender now or face divine wrath!" Elise yells just before she swings away at the door to bash it open.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Remember, nobody can escape.  Everyone in this room has become a liability to the boss, they're more valuable dead."  Maya attempts to bluff those inside that they've been betrayed and its probably Killigan's fault.  Sure, Elise won't let that stay long, but it might leave them confused or in fighting for a bit.
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Bluff on talking? :P
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=4,2]
<Merc> ooc: go ahead, Maya.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=15]
<Merc> The prince gasps. "Father's men?" he asks. "No prince! Worse!" you can hear Killigan say as Elise causes massive cracks to form in the door, and giving each side a view of the other amongst one of the cracks.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph. You can take a shot through the opening Elise has made so far at the prince or guards, though there's some partial cover just from the angle. You can still make a ranged attack though.
<Elise> OOC: I could hit the door twice, now? I do get two attacks on a full attack. I just figured one would be enough, but seemingly it isn't.
<Merc> ooc: Oh, if you got two attacks, go for it
<Merc> ooc: and yeah, a good door has hardness 5/hp 15. You took it down 2/3 of the way.
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 SMASH
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=3,4]
<Merc> The door is fully smashed open!
* Aleph takes aim through the opening that was created by Elise, firing a few shots at the poor hapless prince standing there...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 nonlethal attack 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=16]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 nonlethal attack 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=2]
<Merc> ooc: hit/miss
<Aleph> roll 1d20+1 nonlethal attack 3
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=16]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 nonlethal
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d8=2]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 nonlethal
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=4]
<Merc> roll d2+2
<Merc> roll d2+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d2=1]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d2=2]
<Merc> Two of the arrows impact against the less-protected areas of his armor, making him cry out at the attack! His guards react the same as they narrow their eyes and focus on the archer! 'Enemy! Destroy!' you can almost see that in their eyes flare up!
<Merc> ooc: Jack
<Merc> ooc: Add this in earlier for logs - Prince is in armor, with sheathed sword. Davan is armored and has a sword and shield. The other two guards have swords on them, but their armor is lying on the floor/chairs.
<Merc> ooc: and Killigan is also unarmed/unarmored
<Merc> ooc: speaking of killigan, I didn't add him to topic! whoops!
* Merc changes topic to 'Guards > Davan > Aleph > Elise > Killigan > Jack > Anassia > Maya > Victor'
<Merc> Killigan seems to be licking his wounds and waiting to see what happens after you've attacked the prince, mostly prepared to just defend himself.
* Jack_ drops to a knee in front of the other door and works on getting it open
<Merc> ooc: roll your openlock.
<Jack_> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=12]
<Merc> You hear a click noise as the lock opens! You're in!
<Jack_> "Damn I'm good."
<Merc> Anassia moves closer to the others in the corridor, but can't really do much else right now!
<Merc> ooc: maya
* Maya_Mahabala builds up her footwork outside for the most part, dashing a bit down the hall and then into the room, twirling into view alongside Elise to slash hard at Knight Davan from his side.  OOC: Tumble defense afterwards.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14 attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=12]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d8=5,6]
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d3=3]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 Tumble to Defense (Taking a few)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 42 > [d20=19]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: few being 4 >_>;  Prolly should've said an exact number beforehand but I was bringing up the chart
<Merc> The knight grunts from the wound, though it doesn't seem to have done as much damage as Maya would have hoped. "Girl, I hope you know what you're getting yourself involved in..." he threatens as Maya takes a defensive position.
<Merc> The prince glares at his attackers as he draws his weapon, but takes a defensive position for now, prefering to let his guards clean up apparently. "You, help Davan with that girl! You help defend me!" he commands to his two guards, who nod and shift positions, one of them flanking Maya with Davan as he attacks.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Really, nothing that you can threaten me with is quite as bad as failing... Ask him if you don't believe me," She thumbed at the waiting Killigan, bluffing again.
<Merc> roll d20+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Clean miss
<Merc> The sword swings above Maya's head as she easily ducks against the swing from behind!
<Merc> Davan takes his own swing in sequence, and follows it up with a second right after!
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=20]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+12 ouch
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=18]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: One crit o_O  ow.
<Merc> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d8=6,3]
<Elise> "We know exactly what we're getting into! Do you?" Elise says as she steps into the room, moving past Maya and taking up a position next to the knight. "We saw this man here feeding people to lizards. He's evil!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 hitting Davan
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=20]
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 hitting Davan crit?
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d100
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 78 > [d100=78]
<Merc> ooc: crit
<Elise> roll 6d6+27 splatting
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 48 > [d6=4,2,6,3,1,5]
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d3=1]
<Merc> Davan falls to one knee under the onslught, and blood seeps from his mouth, but slowly and weakly he stands. "No! I will not falter in my duty!" He tosses a look at the prince and the guards. "Flee, prince! You two! Protect him!" The knight tightens his grip on his blade. "Even if you take my life...You will not stop me from my duty, woman!"
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-51-180.tukw.qwest.net)
<Merc> The mage, who's been cowering in a corner frowns, looking between Elise and Davan. Gulping he takes a deep breath as he stretches a hand towards Elise and pierces into her with his eyes... "OBEY!" he yells out.
<Merc> ooc: will save, dc 16
<Elise> roll 1d20+3+2 using my 1/day bonus, eep
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=9]
<Merc> Elise feels her mind cloud over! Oh no!
<Merc> "...I obey Master Killigan," Elise can feel herself mutter against her will. Davan looks to find that distasteful but nods thanks to Killigan after a brief pause.
* Jack_ walks into the room of the door he just unlocked
<Merc> ooc: You can step all the way to the door. Do you want to, or stay against the wall so you're out of sight until your next turn?
<Aleph> "Sorry, this isn't personal," Aleph states as he fires a volley of three more shots toward Jeiga--err, Marcu--err, I mean Davan
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=15]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+5
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: hit/fail/hit
* Jack_ walks all the way to the side of the door
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d8=3]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=7]
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d3=1]
<Merc> Davan gasps, managing to knock away one of the arrows with his shield, but two others impact against his armor, digging into his body.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
* Anassia lifts her hands, narrowing her eyes at the knight slightly. Sickly yellow light coallesces about her hand, before arching toward the sword the knight holds. "Shatter."
<Anassia> roll 1d20+3 v. DC 11
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=5]
<Anassia> (( I hate you, dicebot. ))
<Anassia> roll 6d6 Die, Random unattended object!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=5,4,4,1,2,5]
<Merc> The window behind the prince explodes as Anassia's spell fails to hit its intended target!
<Merc> ooc: Maya
<Maya_Mahabala> "You know, your lucky your princes head didn't go there," She taunted the swordsman, taking her leave as she rolled onto the bed, twisting as she avoided the readied strike of the guard nearby and hopped into the spot next to him, dashing along right near the prince and kicking off the wall to re-introduce Killigan to familiar sight of terror, her swinging blade lashing out for his head.  OOC: complex mumbojumbocoming.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 Tumble to avoid AoOs.  In Many squares.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=5]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 Trying for 3 extra damage, jump check at Killigan.  Doing a Jump Stunt for Damage.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll d20+10 (davan)
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=2]
<Merc> roll d20+8 guard
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=11]
<Merc> roll d20+10 victor
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=6]
<Merc> ooc: no aoos and you make your stunt
<Merc> roll d20+12 guard 1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=4]
<Merc> ooc: okay, he missed too
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14 attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=15]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+9 Killigan is missing a face, missing a face.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d8=3,5]
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 Tumble defense for +4 against Elise for safety.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=3]
<Merc> "Aaah!" the mage screams as Maya slashes off one of his arms, and loses his concentration as Elise feels her head become less foggy...
<Merc> The prince looks torn about what to do, and Davan yells at him again. "GET OUT OF HERE! LET ME DO MY JOB!" The prince weakly nods as he takes a deep breath and looks back at the window. "Help me get out of here!" he calls out to the two guards, who move to help him climb down the broken window. Behind her, Anassia can also hear noise as someone is finally moving up the stairs, attracted by the noise you're all making!
<Merc> Davan focuses on Elise as he raises his blade and slashes! "For Vyrdam! For duty! I will not allow you mercenaries to harm my prince!"
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=20]
<Merc> roll d20+5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=11]
<Merc> roll d20+10 daaaamn with the crits even if his weapon sucks
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=10]
<Merc> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=2,5]
<Merc> ooc:do your armor dr thing and then Aleph's turn.
<Elise> roll 1d3
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
* Aleph quickly rolls into the room, attempting to move past one Knight Davan without much incidence, before firing one shot off at Killigan...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13 Tumble
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=1]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+12 Attack vs. Killigan.
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=4]
<Merc> ooc: Poor Davan. I really should have given him a greataxe. Penuche hates him so much outside of his attack roll.
<Merc> ooc: bare miss, Aleph. Alas.
<Aleph> ooc: Got his attention at least.
<Merc> An arrow impacts against the wall by the side of Killigan's neck and makes him eep, before his eyes cloud with rage. Even faced with death by gypsy, he still remembers Aleph's embarrassing attack more!
<Merc> ooc: Elise of the weak mind!
<Merc> ooc: Well, since Jack already stated intention to attack guards, go act now, I guess.
* Joins: Dracos2 (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
* Quits: Elise (~Melanchth@pool-71-178-110-169.washdc.east.verizon.net) (eldrasia.cv.uk.lunarnet.org rpgcafe.ca.us.lunarnet.org)
* Quits: Maya_Mahabala (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) (eldrasia.cv.uk.lunarnet.org rpgcafe.ca.us.lunarnet.org)
* Dracos2 is now known as Maya_Mahabala
* Joins: Elise (~Melanchth@pool-71-178-110-169.washdc.east.verizon.net)
<Elise> "No more magic tricks!" Elise yells at the mage, her mind her own once again. "Your days of feeding people to giant lizards and starting wars are over!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 attack 1
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=5]
<Elise> roll 1d20+8 attack 2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: hit/hit
<Elise> roll 2d6+9+4 using 1/day bonus
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d6=6,6]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=4,3]
<Merc> Killigan crumples against the onslaught!
<Merc> ooc: Jac
<Merc> ooc: Jack*
* Merc changes topic to 'Guards > Davan > Aleph > Elise > Jack > Anassia > Maya > Victor'
<Merc> ooc: actually, cleave girl gets an attack against Davan, I guess.
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 oh sure
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=6]
<Merc> ooc: miss
* Jack_ slips through the door and skewers one of the guards helping the prince by the window
<Merc> As Killigan crumples, Elise's swing continues for Davan, but Davan manages to deflect that attack at least, as he looks worriedly at his prince's escape attempt.
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 26, 20 >
<Merc> ooc: both hit
<Jack_> roll 6d6+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d6=5,3,6,1,3,4]
<Jack_> "Hello, my name is Jack, and I'll be your executioner for this evening."
<Merc> The man is slashed to death in one surprise attack as the prince begins to slip, having lost the support of one of the guards!
* Anassia has crackling energy coming into existance around her hand, before throwing it at the night with a flick of the wrist.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+7
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=9]
<Merc> ooc: if that's an attack roll, miss.
<Anassia> Aww
<Merc> ooc: sorry =p
<Merc> ooc: Maya
<Maya_Mahabala> "Mmm, it looks like the main guest is leaving the party...we can't have that."  She rushed into the gap provided by Jack's swift swordsmanship, hopping over the busy guard and with a flip landing with both feet on the prince's shoulders, surely unbalancing him to send him falling back down into the wet ground below before jumping down from there to land beside him.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 tumble no AoO goodness
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=8]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 jump check to reduce falling damage.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=11]
<Merc> roll d20+8 climb check (he's going to attempt to hold on/reduce his own falling damage)
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=19]
<Jack_> lol
<Merc> As Maya attempts to push the prince down into the wet streets below, he tries one last ditch attempt to grab something and hold on even as Maya falls and curls into a ball to reduce her damage. He himself manages to slow down his fall and likewise reduce damage, but still hits the ground.
<Merc> ooc: log note
<Merc> ooc: roll 2d6 falling damage, Maya.
<Merc> roll 2d6 prince
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d6=5,6]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d6 falling
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d6=4,1]
<Merc> ooc: I need to beef up encounters more. Penuche just hates them way more than he hates you guys.
<Merc> roll d2+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d2=1]
<Aleph> ooc: Last time you did that, I nearly got eaten by a T-Rex
<Merc> ooc: The t-rex was actually -not- beefed up!
<Merc> Victor coughs as he weakly stands and moves towards Maya, realizing she won't let him flee and deciding to try to take her out himself somehow! Unarmed, he moves towards her and attempts to grapple her into submission!
<Merc> ooc: You get an AoO, I guess.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+11 AoO attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: -4, Nonlethal
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6  CLANG
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d8=1,7]
<Merc> roll d2+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d2=2]
* Maya_Mahabala sways back, slamming the broad side of her sword into his head to send him down.
<Merc> roll d20+6 (grapple: BAB+strength mod)
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=16]
<Merc> Victor is pushed away painfully!
<Merc> "Prince Victor!" the other guard yells as he decides to throw caution to the wind and jump out the window as well, even opening himself up to an attack from Jack along the way.
<Merc> ooc: AoO from jack.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Take a nap, prince...it'll be all over when you wake up."
<Merc> "If you think I'll go down without fighting, you're very much wrong, woman," the prince states with a scowl. "If Davan plans to go down fighting, the least I can do is the same! Or better yet, I just need to make it past you!"
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 13, 15 >
<Jack_> (oh wait, it's just one, isn't it?)
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit
<Merc> ooc:eh, I've been letting you hit twice. Let's be consistent, I guess.
<Jack_> roll 5d6+5
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d6=2,5,3,2,2]
<Jack_> (err, wait, do you get sneaks on aoo?)
* Maya_Mahabala grins.  "Hon, if you can run faster than I can, you can go right ahead.  But your plot is pretty much going to fall apart anyway with your contact surprisingly dead."  Her confidence was rather complete.  She fully believed there wasn't a chance in hell he was going to be able to outrun her.
<Aleph> (Not unless tehy're flat-footed)
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6 then
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d6=6]
<Merc> The guard takes a painful slash at the back as he falls down into the street to join Maya and Victor!
<Merc> roll 3d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=6,5,4]
<Merc> He groggily stands. "My prince! I...I will protect you!" he declares as he stumbles, focusing his gaze on Maya.
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: AoO on the Guard?  For getting up?
<Merc> ooc: He didn't land next to you.
<Merc> Davan roars as he dumps his shield to the side and holds his sword with both hands over his head and attempts to strike down Elise, even if she's much less injured than he. "I WILL PROTECT MY LORD!" he yells as he brings his blade down.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d20+5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=4]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=9]
<Merc> ooc: Penuche, you're a bastard.
<Merc> His injuries prevent him from attacking accurately sadly. Doesn't look like his body can't keep up with his spirit.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Aleph> "Elise, Ana, deal with this," Aleph speaks quietly to the two girls in the room...before jumping out the window himself...aiming his landing for the guard who had already fallen out of the window and still threatened Maya.  Potentially.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13 tumble to reduce...
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=12]
<Aleph> roll 2d6 for damage
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d6=1,3]
<Merc> roll 2d6 backlash damage for you landing on the guy.
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d6=3,5]
<Merc> Aleph kills a man by landing on him! That bastard!
<Merc> ooc: roll balance to not fall on your head or something after splatting him.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13 balance
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=18]
<Maya_Mahabala> "I do believe nobody is going to be able to help you prince, but if you surrender, we might not have to..." Maya bluffed, looking at him sharply.
<Merc> Aleph rolls forward and jumps to his feet as he falls off the corpse! "...My guard! You...you unbelievable monsters!"
<Aleph> "His fault for standing there, to be fair."
<Aleph> "Besides...he knew the job description."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Yes, because starting a war for your own gain is such a civilized action," Maya favored him with a 'you moron' gaze.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Surrender while its still less painful," She insisted again.
<Elise> "You're all just being used!" Elise shouts at the knight. "Someone's trying to send you to war for the ruin of both sides. Stop now and we won't have to kill you!" Elise swings away at Davan's weapon, trying to take the fight out of him by shattering it.
<Elise> roll 1d20+17 sunder attempt 1
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=1]
<Elise> roll 1d20+12 sunder attempt 2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit
<Elise> OOC: opposed attack rolls here, +4 for using 2-handed weapon
<Merc> ooc: ah right
<Elise> OOC: I assume the 1 is still autofail, but he should roll for the latter
<Merc> roll d20+14
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=12]
<Merc> ooc: hit then
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 damage
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d6=5,4]
<Merc> The blade shatters! "...you. You..." he gapes, as if unable to process the action.
* Jack_ uses the distraction to walk up behind him and aim a disabling blow
<Jack_> roll 1d20+8 hindering cut (spending three tokens)
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=6]
<Jack_> (bummer)
<Merc> ooc: yeah, sorry
<Merc> ooc: Anassia went to distract the innkeeper. Maya, go
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC:Is prince going to respond to my demand to surrender?
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Maya is delaying to go on his turn so he can't try and run easily.
<Merc> ooc: he won't. he's kinda shocked about Aleph's landing, but that aside, he won't surrender anyhow.
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: His turn then.  AoO if he tries to run or grab.
<Merc> He goes for his blade which is by the floor by the window, and picks it up, holding it defensively against attacks from either you or Aleph. "I...I won't surrender!" he declares. You can see in his eyes that he doesn't quite thinks his chances look remotely good anymore though.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+9 AoO for reaching for his blade, we were side by side after all
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=1]
* Maya_Mahabala smirks dashing around him to slam her blade more properly into the back of his head.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+23 Tumble Charge, ACF go down.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 39 > [d20=16]
* Aleph rolls his eyes. "...seriously, this would be a lot easier on us if you just went quietly."
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+16-4 NL
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=3]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6 NL
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d8=8,6]
<Merc> The prince crumples.
* Aleph shakes his head. "Well...I don't think our room is a valid choice anymore."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Aleph, grab him, we've got to go while its still raining hard."
* Maya_Mahabala looks up to see if any of the party is at the window to alert.
<Merc> ooc: edit Maya's line for darkness stuff =p
* Aleph nods to Maya, slinging his bow and then attempting to heft the prince's body over his shoulder
<Merc> Davan looks uncertain as to what to do without weapon or shield. He closes his eyes and gives a quick silent prayer before he focuses on Elise and attempts to rush her into the broken window and out onto the street. At least he'll die on the street with his lord that way...
<Merc> ooc: AoO his bullrush and stuff.
<Aleph> '...the messed up thing is that we've pretty much gone into the same role those bandits from way back when have, for the most part.  ...except we have an actual discernible reason."
<Elise> roll 1d20+13 I gave you a chance to surrender!
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=18]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 surely hits
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=1,3]
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d3=2]
<Merc> He still lives!
<Merc> ooc: Okay, don't see bullrush breaking on aoo hitting, -but- Jack can get an AoO. However, it does have a 25% chance of hitting Elise.
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+8
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12, 26 >
<Merc> ooc: haha, no mercy. 26 hits
<Merc> roll d100
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 68 > [d100=68]
<Merc> ooc: and it hits Davan too
<Jack_> (he count as flatfooted?)
<Merc> ooc: no
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=4]
<Merc> roll d3+6
<Merc> ooc: hahaha
<Merc> As Davan attempts to push Elise to their combined death (...somehow), even going as far as resisting through Elise's initial attack, Jack's attack manages to drop him! He's been disabled.
<Jack_> (LOL)

Merc

Session Start: Sun Aug 29 17:15:30 2010

<Merc> Having just succeeded in capturing Prince Victor and killing all of his companions and co-conspirator (save the knight, Davan, merely disabled by chance), the group is left with the question of how to clean up the situation and not letting the mess at hand get worse. Anassia herself has already departed from the scene to intercept the curious inn patrons just before the others finish up, and quickly meets with a concerned innkeeper at the top of the stairs.
<Merc> ooc: Assuming cut-off -  Anassia herself has already departed from the scene to intercept the curious inn patrons just before the others finish up, and quickly meets with a concerned innkeeper at the top of the stairs.
<Aleph> "...alright, problem number one.  We don't have much time," Aleph comments to Maya, "and there are three very conspicuous corpses."
<Aleph> "...nevermind blood everywhere."
<Aleph> "...and of course, our prince here." he motions sharply.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Let's take the prince and go hide away from the village.  The important thing is to get out of here with the culprit.  We can reconnect with the others later." Maya tugged at the unconscious body, a bit overwhelmed at trying to lift it.
* Anassia waits for the innkeeper and his backup to reach her, fidgeting slightly at the top of the stairs.
<Aleph> "Here, let me help." Aleph offers, helping to try and lift the KO'd prince's body.
* Maya_Mahabala works with Aleph, him likely shouldering most or all of the weight to start carrying the prince somewhere out of view in the late night.
<Merc> The innkeeper stops at the top of the stairs,almost crashing into Anassia. "What's going on!?" he exclaims, trying to look around Anassia towards the corridor. It's kind of hard to see much from the angle he's standing, though he can tell the doors to one of your rooms, not to mention the prince's, are all open. Although not so easy to tell that the prince's door is in fact -broken- open.
<Aleph> "...hm.  I'm thinking we should keep him tied up.  You don't have any rope, do you?"
<Anassia> "Traitors!"  Anassia exclaims.  "They attacked the prince," she says, frantic.  "We saved him but they got away."
<Merc> ooc: roll a bluff
<Anassia> roll 1d20+11
<Merc> ooc: blah
* Joins: Penuche (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
* ChanServ sets mode: +h Penuche
<Anassia> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=6]
<Merc> "What!?" almost all of the people present simultaneously exclaim, and begin to push forward, though finding it hard to move in the crowded staircase. Some are also apparently reaching for their sheathed weapons, from what Anassia can tell. All of them begin to ask questions at once. "Is the prince alright?" is the most common. "Where are the scoundrels? We'll find them and bring them to justice!" someone else exclaims.
<Merc>  "We should see to the prince!" another exclaims, possibly distrusting/cautious of Anassia's words, or maybe just worried at that.
<Anassia> "Calm down," she says, blinking at the immediate responce.  "We're taking the prince somewhere safe, where the traitors won't be able to find him."
<Merc> Most of the people begin muttering amongst themselves, most seeming to believe Anassia's wor-- "How do we know you're not one of the traitors!?" someone exclaims, an angry looking young man, one of those holding onto his weapon, ready to be drawn. Oh dear. Some of the patrons seem startled by the accusation, but many of them have been staying at the inn for a while and seem hesitant to think foul play on your group's part.
<Merc> Still, there's that small group of doubters to worry about...
<Anassia> "Why would I come down here and tell you what happened, were I a traitor?" Anassia asks, flatly, eyeing the man slightly.  "I could have claimed any other story."
<Merc> ooc: bluff or diplomacy
<Anassia> roll 1d20+13
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=7]
<Merc> The man looks hesitant at Anassia's words. They -seem- reasonable. Most of the other patrons seem to be nodding in agreement with Anassia's words. "Well, uhm..." he mutters. "We...we should still chase after the actual traitors! It's been raining outside! We can track them!" he finally exclaims, coming upon a bright idea.
<Anassia> "It would be safer to remain inside," Anassia says, shaking her head slightly.  "They were very skilled, and I would not be able to live with myself if they were to strike you down,"
<Merc> The man and a few others make unconcerned noises. "We're warriors! We can defend ourselves!" some of the men state. The angry young man seems bolstered by the idea of companions and starts pushing his way downward. "Let us get torches and track down the fiends!" he declares.
* Anassia eyes them flatly, before nodding. "Very well," she sighs. "But be careful. We shall protect the prince."
<Merc> "Was he injured? Were any of you or the prince's men?" the innkeeper asks as he looksover Anassia, noting a lack of wounds.
<Merc> The man and his group of cohort start stomping downward as the innkeeper and a few others remain at the stairs, some curious about injuries, others just unsure of what to do.
<Anassia> "I am unsure," Anassia admits.  "But we shall ensure he comes to no further harm," she says.  "And we did not travel with him, but we had heard of traitors in his presence..." she pauses for a moment, before pulling a few gold from the pouch at her hip.  "I pray this will cover the damages caused."
<Merc> The innkeeper looks startled at the offer of gold and 'graciously' snatches the offering. "That's, uhm, very kind of you, miss," he replies. Frowning, he turns to the other guests, and begins motioning them down back to the bar. "Unless you're going to sleep, let them be. They seem to have things well in hand."
* Anassia inclines her head toward the remainder before making her way up the stairs again, intending to link up of their jolly band of insurgents with any who haven't scampered off
<Merc> Anassia makes her way back to the room, where Elise is frowning, Jack is scrounging about, Davan is disabled and bleeding on the floor, Killigan is a bloody corpse, and the nameless guard by the window is dripping on the walls! How cheerful.
* Anassia makes a face at. "What now?" she asks, quirking an eyebrow softly after glancing about the room. Definately should have given more gold.
<Elise> "We leave," Elise says. "The knight is still alive. Do you think we should take him with us?" Elise kneels by the slain Killigan to search his belongings. Who knows, maybe he carried instructions from his masters?
<Anassia> "That would probably be for the best," she says, glancing toward the knight nervously, checking on his status.  (And I thought I hit enter)
<Merc> Elise doesn't find much on Killigan. A pouch with some random junk to her, though Anassia might recognize those as components for some spells, and a necklace in one of his pockets with dark red stone in it. Odd that he's carrying a necklace instead of wearing it, but eh, whatever. Searching for more doesn't really bring anything else up besides some coins.
<Merc> Jack meanwhile is searching the other guard's body, and doesn't find much besides a small money pouch himself. Well, and the armor still sitting on the wooden chairs (that would probably have helped the poor guards), and their swords.
* Elise pockets it all (who knows? Something there might be a clue) then hefts Davan up on her shoulder. "Are we heading out the window like everyone else? I don't know how else to get him out without being seen."
* Anassia nods. "That would likely attract less attention," she comments thoughtfully. "Let me do the talking if we encounter anyone," she says toward the others, gathering her own equipment up.
* Elise nods and walks to the window. "Gladly. Uh, do you have any rope?" she asks, looking out the window.
* Anassia pulls out a length of rope with a nod, handing it over to Elise. "Here," she offers.
* Elise ties one end to a bedpost and tosses the rest out the window. It'll probably be tough climbing down while carrying someone but...eh, it's only one floor. She can slide down the rope if she has too, rope burns be damned. There isn't time to waste here after all, so out the window she goes.
<Merc> ooc: carrying Davan on your back?
<Elise> OOC: not much other choice.
<Merc> ooc: climb check. Seems DC is 5 going down a rope, but -6 penalty for hefting a heavy load. Should still be fairly easy for you...
<Elise> roll 1d20+12-2 for penalty yeah
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=10]
<Elise> OOC: oops, -6. So 16 total.
<Merc> ooc: hrm...DC should actually be a little higher than 5 because walls would be wet, but 16 should be more than enough with the rope.
<Merc> Elise slowly climbs down the wall, steadily edging down the wet walls, keeping herself steady with the rope until she's finally on steady ground.
* Anassia will move behind once she sees that Elise has made it to the ground, carefully climbing after her.
<Merc> ooc: Do your climb check too, Anassia
<Anassia> roll 1d20
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=15]
<Merc> roll d20+7 Jack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll d20+12 tumble Jack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=14]
<Merc> Anassia slowly climbs down too, but Jack slips on the wet walls and begins to stumble downward! Thankfully, while not as acrobatic as Maya, he can certainly hold his own, and he shifts as he starts to fall, lightly splashing the mud as he lands on the others. "...sorry. Slipped," he apologizes.
<Merc> As you look around in the dark, there's not much to see. The whole area seems trampled with footprints, heading out of the town, and one corpse of a guard nearby.
<Elise> "As long as you can still walk," Elise says with a shrug (or would, if shrugging wouldn't dislodge her burden). "I guess we follow the footprints?"
<Merc> "Lots of footprints..." Jack notes, pointing out the obvious as he frowns.
<Elise> "Well, look for just one or two people walking alone," Elise suggests, scanning the tracks for the most likely candidate. (OOC: spot here maybe? I guess we could aid Jack)
<Anassia> "Try to make sure we're not following some random people," Anassia says, glancing to the knight.  Something else she'll have to explain away...
<Merc> roll d20+11
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=6]
<Merc> "From what little I can see, they're all going in same direction, anyway..." Jack notes, pointing in the direction Aleph, Maya and the small mob had gone.
<Elise> "Then we might need to be there to help fight off the mob." Elise starts off in that direction.
* Anassia glancing the direction the tracks go. "Let's hurry," she says, following the tracks.
<Maya_Mahabala> Maya remained a bit nervously in the tree.  This had really gone poorly.  Aleph was missing.  A mob through the woods.  And she could only hope the others were alright.
<Merc> As the trio head out of the town, Maya spots them approaching a short time after the mob's torch light slowly starts to fade in the distance.
<Merc> They're almost below her when Maya spots them, apparently tracking the trackers in the cover of the dark!
* Maya_Mahabala leans down, "Is it safe?"
* Anassia jumps a little at Maya's voice. "Of course," she says. She doesn't quite say that she riled up the angry mobs, though.
* Elise glances around. "So far. Where's Aleph? Where's the prince?"
<Merc> "What's with all the tracks?" Jack adds.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Did you guys see the mob?" She slipped down.  "I don't know where Aleph is.  He was going to go hide with the prince but that was an hour or so ago.  I was waiting for him to come back so we could send you three a message and reunite."
<Anassia> "Do you know where he went?" Anassia asks, frowning slightly.  "We should find him as soon as we can."
<Elise> "Well, we can't wait around out here if there's a mob running around the town. We either find him or find a safe place to hide."
* Aleph looks over at the tied-up, gagged prince...realizing that he looks...a bit too conspicuous.
* Aleph , over at his end. decides to try and take the effort one step further...and stuff the man into his bedroll
<Merc> Aleph has little difficulty with the task he's set upon himself!
<Aleph> Is there any part of him sticking out of the bedroll?
<Maya_Mahabala> "No idea.  He was supposed to be back a while ago.  We should find some safe place to wait until morning, and then try and find him.  If we follow now, we might lead the mob to him."
<Elise> "Head out of town and find a good hiding place for the night, then?" Elise suggests.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Absolutely.  Someone needs to go let the agent in town know what happened though," She yawned, quite tired herself.
<Aleph> Paranoia sets in.  What if, of all the things, a search party finds him instead.  What if they find what's in the bag.  what if, what if...no, a disguise must be made...
<Elise> "Unless someone else wants to carry this man, that won't be me doing that."
* Anassia glances to the knight on Elise's back. "What about him?" she asks, curiously. "That's gonig to attract attention, no matter what.
<Elise> "Only if someone sees him. We're going to hide now, right?"
* Aleph pulls quantities of his hair out of his ponytail, and starts getting some of the mud from both his boots and the nearby ground...painting it across himself in blotches. ...and, as he regrets, his hair too.
<Aleph> *hair and face
* Aleph then makes sure to get some over the bedroll and pack...before drawing one of the wine bottles from said pack.
<Anassia> "Fair enough," Anassia says after a moment.  "Let's find somewhere to hide,"
* Aleph proceeds to try and open the damn thing, with a knife if need be...and then messily down some quantity of the sadly wasted drink. That was truly a regret.
<Elise> "Outside of town, I think," Elise says, setting out unless anyone objects.
* Anassia follows behind Elise as she head outside of the town. "I suppose this was... eventful enough for one day."
<Merc> As the group moves on to find a good camping spot for the night, Aleph is left alone, hoping to stay safe through the night.
<Merc> ***
<Merc> The next morning, Aleph wakes up to struggling noises from the bedroll! It seems the prince is awake, and unhappy with being tied up and gagged! Not much he can do about it though. Aleph and Maya made good work of keeping him from escaping. Sunlight sneaks into the mostly darkened woods though, so hopefully it'll be easier to navigate around now...hopefully all the rest of his friends are still okay.
* Aleph does what comes to mind first.
<Aleph> ...bashing him in what should be the head with his elbow before he makes things even more of a pain in the ass
<Merc> ooc: attack roll!
<Merc> ooc: if you miss, I'll laugh
<Aleph> roll 1d20+3 goddamned nonproficiency/unarmed penalty
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: ...Actually, you'd make that roll, Aleph. He is prone/helpless and all that junk, and it's not really a nonproficient attack, so it's +7, which results in a roll of 8.
<Merc> ooc: roll damage 1d3
<Aleph> roll 1d3+3 (hey, he gets a STR mod, doesn't he?)
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d3=3]
<Merc> Aleph punches the prince hard in the head, but isn't careful how he hits the man's skull and has to bite back a scream as he also hurts himself. He can feel the pain jumping through his arm's nerves from having hit a particularly hard spot in prince Victor's skull.
<Aleph> "...damnit, he's got a hard head..."
<Merc> ooc: survival check to find your way out of the woods, I guess? Gonna backtrack your tracks or try to head in a particular direction?
<Merc> ooc: and are you dragging the prince with you, or leaving him there waiting/tied up/hidden?
* Aleph gets packed up, taking a bit before trying to heft the unconscious prince-in-bedroll--careful to make sure nothing pokes out--before heading off...noting the tracks and trying to avoid the mud this time.
<Aleph> ooc: Taking with, and...get closer to town but not into town.  Backtracking tracks is for stupids
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 Survival
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=10]
<Maya_Mahabala> "Let's keep an eye out for Aleph."
<Merc> Aleph picks a direction that looks good based on the tracks he'd left and what he recalls of his dark wanderings, and heads onwards to try and findhis companions, before bad people or worse, reptiles, find him!
<Aleph> reptiles are horrible, horrible things
<Merc> Meanwhile at the -other- camp, Maya and the others likewise awaken, punch out their captive unconscious, and ponder what to do about their missing archer and captive prince, not to mention a possible search mob.
* Anassia stretches out. "Where to?" she asks, glancing to the others. "I'm not quite sure how we could find Aleph out here..."
<Merc> ooc: listen+spot for team davan!
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8 listen
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=19]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8 splot
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=14]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: We look, we listen.
<Elise> roll 1d20-2 listen
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=7]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+7 Spot
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=13]
<Elise> roll 1d20-2 spot pointless, but
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=19]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+7 Listen
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+whatever, Jack doesn't need to roll
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d20=3]
<Merc> As you guys decide what to do, suddenly, a wild man covered in mud and smelling of alcohol while carrying a stuffed up bedroll appears! He looks wild! And scary! And...happy to see you all as he charges towards you!
<Aleph> "Holycrapholycrapholycrap..."
* Elise seizes her hammer and quickly raises it in self-defense! ...Oh wait, that's Aleph. Never mind.
<Maya_Mahabala> "What...what happened to you Aleph?" Maya stared, unused to seeing him quite so.
<Aleph> ...disheveled?
<Aleph> "...I'll, uh, explain in a bit.  We...should probably get out.  Also, I need a bath and my hand hurts like hell."
<Anassia> "... Wow," Anassia says at the sight of him.  "Glad to see you are alright, if a bit.." she trails off.
<Aleph> "...yeah, I know."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Yeah, we need to get away from here.  I think we're on our own.  But we need to question the prince.  And well...  any ideas?"
* Anassia shakes her head slightly. "Still out of my element," she says, simply.
* Aleph sighs. "None here. First thing's first" he pauses, looking and listening for anything resembling a search party
<Merc> Nothing. Still too early for the mob, or something, maybe...
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, if he wasn't a prince, I'd say we just make him admit his crimes, sign 'em, and tie him up in the center of town..."
<Aleph> "...let's move quickly before anything tries to find us.  We can discuss on the way."
<Aleph> "...hm.  Wasn't he trying to off his brothers as well or something?"
<Elise> "We need to get him to someone in authority if we want anyone to listen," Elise agrees.
* Aleph starts to get going, lugging the heavy tied-up bagged prince as best he can...trying to avoid as much mud as possible.
<Anassia> "Maybe we could bring him to one of his brothers..." Anassia says, frowning thoughtfully.