News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

[26] Raining on Ranus' Parade

Started by Merc, March 13, 2011, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun Sep 26 11:58:29 2010

<Merc> Anassia has spent the last few hours frustratingly figuring out as much of the necklace as she can, to prepare for invading Lord Ranus' secret base, wherever it might be. Though pretty tired from the trial and error session, she's at least figured enough that she thinks she can try to gimmick it into working for them. After informing her companions of her findings. And a nap. A long one. Not necessarily in that order.
<Maya_Mahabala> "So what now?" Maya leaned against a tree in the small clearing where they were planning, safely away from any of the foreign towns.  "Are we going to leap in and hope he's there?"
<Aleph> "Well, not sure what other options we have."
* Aleph is checking over his gear, nonetheless
<Merc> "Sooner or later, he might figure out Lord Killigan is not returning," Davan states, feeling a bit uncomfortable with calling these mercenaries 'allies', but having been commanded to do so by his prince.
<Jack_> "Forgetting this ever happened and going off to live our lives under new names?"
* Anassia stumbles back toward the camp, necklace dangling from her hand, yawning widely. She beelines toward her bedroll, flopping onto it uncerimoniously.
<Aleph> "Tempting, but if they've got weird magic...stuff, they might have other things they can do with it--okay, I don't know shit about magic, I admit flat out."
<Merc> The knight gives a short snort as he observes Anassia's actions. "...it would seem, at least, that the young lass is of the idea of at least waiting to tomorrow, I imagine," he says.
* Quits: Maya_Mahabala (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) (Ping timeout)
<Aleph> "...uh, holy hell Anassia."
* Anassia shoots the night a brief baleful look. "Magic isn' easy," she says flatly, yawning again.
<Merc> The knight suddenly frowns. "Wait, was that not Lord Killigan's magic necklace the lass was carrying?" he asks, realizing what he saw her carrying at the mention of magic.
<Jack_> "Well, not like he needed it anymore."
<Aleph> "...I don't understand magic at all."
<Anassia> "Yes," she says simply, lifting up the necklace.  "It's the samed damnable one."
* Jack_ cleans his nails with one of his short swords while leaning against a tree
<Merc> "I...suppose you are right about that, and if we are acting against Lord Ranus, we are certainly not allies anymore. Still, given we were discussing what to do, I would have appreciated knowing about this..." the knight tries to frame politely his dissatisfaction with the situation.
<Merc> "Do you know how to use it, lass?" Davan asks of Anassia.
<Anassia> "Yes.  No.  Kinda."  Anassia says, before yawning again.  "I think I know how to teleport.  Roughly."
<Merc> The knight snorts. "I suppose we need to let you sleep on the matter to get answers then. Good night, lass."
<Merc> The knight pauses and looks at the others, wondering if they should just all turn in for the night,keep trying to get to know each other and setting a plan of action, or what.
<Merc> ooc: Want to skip to the next morning, have a boys night out chatting, or what?
<Merc> ooc: and if boys night out, do we have beer?
<Aleph> ooc: Aleph has his second bottle of wine!
<Aleph> ooc: ...he used the first one on his hobo costume
<Merc> Elise grumbles as she looks at the knight, being reminded of that foul prince who she still wants to just smash, and decides to turn in for the night as well.
<Aleph> "Well...I guess if we're going to be working together, we might as well throw out names."
* Joins: Dracos (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
* Dracos is now known as Maya_Mahabala
<Anassia> "Anassia," she says, lying on her bedroll.  "Nice t'meetchya
<Merc> "...Davan. Davan Fordring," the knight says, softly.
<Jack_> "Jack."
<Aleph> "Aleph."  he sits back against a tree.
<Merc> Elise remains quiet, apparently already sleeping.
<Aleph> "As for her, well, don't show any inclinations of being a pervert and you'll be safe from her hammer.  And lecturing."  Aleph motions to the sleeping Elise.
<Merc> "Hrm, her hammer is quite painful. Thankfully, I have no inclinations towards the perverse," Davan says with a straight face. Hard to tell if it's some sort of joke, or him being serious.
<Merc> ***
<Merc> The next morning! People awaken and Anassia feels refreshed, her stores of magic replenished after a good night's rest.
* Aleph is still sleeping, face-down into his pillow, mumbling something.
* Anassia feels much better for the night's sleep as she stretches out. Sitting up, she checks on the amulet curiously.
<Merc> Davan is resting against a tree, apparently awake and simply observing quietly. He does seem to turn slightly curious upon seeing Anassia awaken and checking the amulet, but says nothing for the moment.
* Maya_Mahabala stretches out near the camp, bouncing off the trees a bit in what to others might be quite a show, but to her was more a morning stretch.  Clearly she'd been spending too much time waiting around yesterday.
<Anassia> "Oh, uh, good morning," Anassia says to the knight as she notices him.  "Sorry about last night.  And good morning, Maya,"
<Aleph> more incomprehensible sleep-mumbling
* Maya_Mahabala catches onto a branch, hanging down a bit from it.  "Morning, Anassia.  Looks like Aeph caught your sleepiness."
<Merc> The knight just gives a small snort, apparently disapproving of Maya's 'show', but feeling no right to say anything on the matter. Elise also seems to be frowning a bit at Maya's show, but likewise remains silent on the matter, though her part being more from having gotten used to such things from Maya.
<Anassia> "I at least had an excuse," she says, straightening up and running a hand through her hair.
<Merc> Clearing his throat, the knight turns to look at Anassia. "Ah, so we started discussing Lord Killigan's magic necklace last night, la...erm, Miss Anassia?" he asks, hoping for some more clarification.
* Aleph rolls over, still asleep...though with visible blood trails running from his nose. And down the pillow.
<Anassia> "Just Anassia," she says, quirking an eyebrow to the knight.  It's not that she wants him to feel bad that he was literally beaten by a bunch of unskilled yeoman.  "Oi," she tosses one of her boots to Aleph.
* Maya_Mahabala swings around her branch, bringing herself to crouching atop it and then sitting down there while she listened.  "Did you manage to make it work for you, Annassia?"
<Aleph> the boot beans Aleph in the head, and he wakes.  "Ah, what, what the, I didn't see anything."
* Jack_ hops down from a nearby tree tawning and stretching
<Jack_> "Mornin'"
<Jack_> *yawn
* Anassia quirks an eyebrow slight to Aleph. "I'll need that back," she says flatly. "And... sort of. I didn't really /try/ it out, but I think I know how it works. Kinda."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Do you think we can get there without being torn apart by magic?" Maya didn't have much experience with it, but it seemed killgore was able to use it without getting killed.
* Aleph gets out of bed, slowly. "Okay, okay, hold on..." He's getting his boots on, whatnot, before tossing the boot back over to Anassia. "Here, catch."
* Anassia fumbles the catch of the boot, but gets it put on easily enough, before glancing to Maya. "/Probably/?"
<Merc> "That does not inspire confidence," the knight notes.
<Aleph> "We've never been about the inspiring confidence."  Aleph comments, not having noticed the blood on his face
* Maya_Mahabala sighs as she swings halfway down, hanging by her ankles on the tree branch.  "Well, are you ready to give it a go, or need more time?" She flipped down to standing on the ground like a normal person.
<Anassia> "In my defense, I've never seen anything like this before, so it's impressive that I figured out what I did."  She glance to the others.  "So when do you want to try this out?"
* Aleph gets the rest of the stuff packed up, and his gear ready. "Ready when the rest of you are."
<Merc> "If the lass is going to spend more time studying the necklace, then should we attempt to find clues about Lord Ranus on our own?" Davan ass.
<Merc> ooc; asks!
<Aleph> "...uh, where?  The talk in the bar is all about the most recent incident here, it's questionable how much we can get through any libraries we might be able to find, we'd likely look suspicious for trying to get clues if he's got wasy of keeping tabs on people working with him."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Also the longer we wait, the more prepared he'll be.  If Anassia needs more time...certainly.  But otherwise, there's nowhere nearby."
<Anassia> "Really, experimenting is all I can do now.  If not trying to go to this hideout, then there's some other things I can try..."
<Aleph> "There is that point.  He gets the idea something's up after too long, and...we might have worse problems."
<Aleph> "So...we might as well use the magic...thingy."
<Merc> "It should still be a few days before Lord Killigan was likely expected to return, so unless he has some other spies that would know of the incident between us and your group, we should have some time, though I wouldn't know how long, or if such spies exist..." Davan pipes in.
<Anassia> "Yeah, not knowing how long we have or what we're doing is kinda normal.  It's reassuring to be back to being oblivious."
<Aleph> "Hm.  Yeah...that kind of is our thing, isn't it."
<Anassia> "Of course, with our luck there will be some lizards waiting for us," Anassia muses thoughtfully.  "So what're we doing?"
<Merc> "I was told to follow your lead, and that's what I'll do," Davan states with a frown.
<Aleph> "...I'm quickly growing tired of reptiles.  ...anyway, I think we might as well try the warp deal."
<Anassia> "You are helpful."  Anassia says flatly, glancing to the amulet.  "Alright, move in.  I think.  Probably would be better to be closer..."
* Aleph moves close to Anassia, hoping it doesn't do something like switch their bodies or put them amidst more goddamned dinosaurs
* Maya_Mahabala stands up close to the magic using girl, practically hanging onto her.
* Jack_ moves in
<Jack_> "I got a bad feelign about this."
<Merc> "We may see reptiles there. From what Prince Victor has said, Lord Ranus does seem to collect the beasts as pets," Davan notes absently as he moves closer, as does Elise.
<Merc> ooc: UMD check if you're attempting to use it.
* Anassia waits for everyone to move in, calling her skeleton 'friends' to surround the the circle, before taking a deep breath. Opening the locket, she gives a quick silent prayer, before....
<Anassia> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=4]
<Merc> ooc: will save for Anassia. fort save for all other muggles.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d20=2]
<Merc> roll d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d6=2]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+5
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=3]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8 not fort
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=6]
<Merc> roll d20+4 Elise
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d20=5]
<Merc> ooc: +5 for Elise, +4 for Davan
<Aleph> roll d20+7 lol fort
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=19]
* Joins: Elise (~Melanchth@pool-71-163-236-230.washdc.east.verizon.net)
<Merc> roll d4
<Merc> roll d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d4=2]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d4=3]
<Merc> Anassia feels that stinging pain as some of her magic is drained. Elise, Aleph and Davan feel no effects at all, but Jack and Maya feel a shock course through their bodies that leaves them feeling dazed.
<Merc> OOC:Jack feels dazed for 2 minutes. Maya gets 3...~
* Anassia jerks her hand back from the amulet again. "Dammit, that wasn't supposed to happen again!" she says, frowning.
<Aleph> "That felt...weird,"
* Jack_ stumbles a bit
<Jack_> "Urrrghhh"
<Maya_Mahabala> "Huh, are we going yet?" Maya seemed...not quite there.
* Anassia glances toward Jack, blinking a few times. "I guess that didn't work... I can try again."
* Aleph looks around. Did anything actually happen?
<Aleph> "...I'm beginning not to like magic much either."
<Merc> "Perhaps we might want to wait a bit. Your two friends do not seem to have gone well through that misfire," Davan notes with a frown.
<Aleph> "...might as well."
* Maya_Mahabala stares blankly out, not seeming quite to get whether they were still in the clearing or elsewhere.
<Anassia> "It wasn't that bad.  We've still got all our limbs, right?"  Anassia does a quick fingercount.
* Jack_ drools a bit
* Aleph looks at Maya...before waving a hand in front of her face. " 'looooo"
<Maya_Mahabala> She blinked, and leaped back, "Don't do that," She seemed to think Aleph just materialized in front of her. "Where the heck did you come from Aleph?"
<Aleph> "I've been here."
<Anassia> "I guess they're alright," Anassia notes, blinking a few times.  "You two feel okay?"
* Jack_ snaps back to reality
* Maya_Mahabala holds her head. "Ow...Everything seems like it just snapped back to normal."
<Jack_> "What just happened?"
<Aleph> "Magic thingy...had problems, I think."
<Merc> Davan snorts. "Indeed," he says, agreeing with the archer.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Anassia, can you get it right this time?" She frowned.
<Anassia> "I think so," she says, glancing to the amulet again.  "If you want to try, though, you're more than welcome to."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Alright...  Let's not have everything suddenly go still this time," She got near Anassia again, looking uncomfortable.
* Aleph gets near Anassia, standing next to Maya. He can't help but smile a bit given his position right now.
* Anassia takes another breath, double-checking the rune she's pressing befoe doing so, closing her eyes as she presses it. Aaaaand...
<Anassia> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=13]
<Merc> ooc: *claps for you*
<Merc> In a flash, you feel as if your body compresses into a tiny thing, then lights flash all around you, and suddenly, everything around is different! Instead of the woods of Vyrdam, you are now in some sort of large room, all the walls, floor and ceiling carved stone. Some torches are hanging on one of the walls, illuminating the room partly, and the doorway between them.
* Anassia opens her eyes when she doesn't feel the burning, looking around. "It worked?" she asks, blinking. "I /told/ you I knew what I was doing!"
* Maya_Mahabala stumbles out, steadying herself against the walls.  "If we didn't believe you, we wouldn't have stood next to you, Anassia."
<Merc> "Well done, miss Anassia," the knight says after he orients himself to the place. "Looks empty though...hopefully that's a good thing for now."
<Aleph> "...hopefully."
<Aleph> "...of course, the only problem now is that we have no idea where we are."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, let's go find them before they find us?"
<Anassia> "I don't know if we were expecting a cold reception or not," Anassia says, glancing down to the amulet again.  "Do you know if this is the place?" she asks, glancing to the knight.
* Maya_Mahabala heads to the doorway, listening against it briefly.
* Aleph tries to be quiet as well, trying to survey the general area--sight and sound
* Jack_ sneaks alonh
* Anassia takes a moment to gather her breath, leaning against a wall.
<Merc> Neither of you hear anything that could be concerning. Aleph and JAck both peek out the doorway, and notes nothing to the left but a set of four armors lined up against the back wall, holding weapons, and a few more torches. At the end appears to be another corridor splitting both ways. To the right is another set of armors and torches, but the corridor simply curves. Some distance ahead, you can also see what looks like sunlight streaming, instead of just torchlight.
<Merc> ooc: cut off - To the right is another set of armors and torches, but the corridor simply curves. Some distance ahead, you can also see what looks like sunlight streaming, instead of just torchlight.
<Merc> As Anassia glances down at the necklace's gem, she notes that the gem doesn't appear to be doing that cycling light sparks anymore. Uh oh?
<Anassia> "...Ooooooh," ANassia says flatly, frowning slightly.
* Maya_Mahabala glances back at Anassia.  More strangeness?
<Anassia> "We're stuck here," Anassia says, glancing up toward the others as she closes the locket.
<Merc> "Something of concern, miss Anassia?" the knight asks, as he turns to look at the young arcanist. "Triggered some alarm that might alert Lord Ranus of our presenc...ah."
<Anassia> "Oh, an alarm.  I suppose we might've done that, too, but I have no idea if we did."  She gives a sheepish smile.
<Aleph> "...Stuck?  ...hoo boy."
<Anassia> "I can get it working again, but it will take a... while." Anassia says, frowning slightly as she straightens.  "Either way, we need to figure out where we are."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Worry about a way out when we're done.  We haven't truly gotten to the troublemaker yet anyway."
<Merc> "I do not mean to cause worry. Given the current silence, hopefully no alarm was triggered."
<Aleph> "Doesn't sound like it.  And we shouldn't have to worry too much about anyone who comes."
* Aleph grumbles. "...as long as they don't have large reptiles, anyway."
<Anassia> "Maybe we should find another room to hide in, either way," Anassia says, glancing around.  "Who knows if other people might be arriving in here."
<Aleph> "indeed.  Or if anyone's expected here, anyway."
<Merc> As Davan heads closer to the doorway, he frowns as he looks at the branching corridor. "Which way though?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "We should find them instead.  If we hide, we might find ourselves trapped in a room." Maya lead forward, taking the left corridor a t the branch and looking ahead down it.
<Aleph> "Just pick one."
* Anassia shakes her head slightly. "I'm not sure," she admits, although she glances to the armors warily.
* Aleph follows Maya, on that note.
* Anassia will follow behind the others as they leave the relative safety, keeping a hand near the hilt of her knife
* Aleph does take his bow out, though. Just in case.
<Merc> The knight follows behind them all, keeping watch on the back with his longsword and shield at the ready, while Elise drifts ahead, staying near Maya.
* Aleph stays second in line
* Jack_ moves slightly ahead, eyes and ears peeled for anything
<Merc> None of the suits of armor seems to jump out and attack, despite Anassia's concern, as the group heads to the left. As they make it to the new corridor split, they're left with the option of turning left again, or turning right. To the left, it just seems a corridor stretching far ahead, torches and what look to be doorways along the corridor. To the right, you can see some sunlight streaming through gaps on the wall, a large open window to the outside, and the corridor coming to a stop some distance ahead and veering sharply to the left.
<Merc> ooc: cut off - To the left, it just seems a corridor stretching far ahead, torches and what look to be doorways along the corridor. To the right, you can see some sunlight streaming through gaps on the wall, a large open window to the outside, and the corridor coming to a stop some distance ahead and veering sharply to the left.
* Anassia sticks to the middle; she is the squishy one, after all. "This is a large hideout..." she says, whispering.
<Aleph> "Probably a castle." he whispers in response, keeeping on a lookout
* Maya_Mahabala stays left again.
* Maya_Mahabala leads onward. "Probably, but let's stay quiet.  We don't need them to hear us," Maya replied.
<Merc> As you move down the left corridor, you again note the doorways (all open, no doors so far that you can see) into some rooms. Do you tiptoe past them, check inside them, what?
<Merc> ooc: For as far as you can see on the corridor, there are eight doorways to each side of the corridor. You can do a spot check to try and see farther ahead too.
* Maya_Mahabala glances in each door before passing it.
<Maya_Mahabala> *doorway
<Merc> ooc: Also, are you guys trying to move silently and such, or not worrying about it with mr clanky armor Davan?
<Aleph> ooc: We're trying to be stealthy.  At least Aleph is
<Jack_> ooc and jack
<Merc> The first few rooms that Maya passes are empty small rooms, except for a simple bed and blanket and wooden wardrobe (closed). You can't tell if anyone has been using the rooms, but there's nobody there at the moment at least.
* Maya_Mahabala continues on stealthy like until she gets to a room with something different, or the hallway changes.
<Merc> Nobody seems to be reacting to the noise coming from Davan's armor, despite his best efforts to move quietly. Probably for the best that he's near the back? As Maya aproaches the sixth set of doorways, some of them think they hear something...
<Merc> ooc: listen checks
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8  Oh boy, another roll!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=18]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 Listen
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=7]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d20+5 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20-2 robo-tired Elise-chan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=10]
<Merc> Jack, Aleph and Anassia hear...snoring? It's coming from one of the rooms up ahead on the left side. Anassia and Jack are fairly certain that it's from two doors ahead.
* Jack_ whispers "Stab first, ask questions never? It's my preferred plan of action."
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-55-118.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
* Aleph whispers. "...let's just leave them alone for now."
* Jack_ whispers back "Alright, you go on ahead, I'll stand guard here."
<Aleph> "...yes, okay, you go keep guard over the random sleeping guy who is neither our prisoner nor currently any threat to us."  Aleph whispers back, rolling his eyes.
<Jack_> "key word: currently"
* Maya_Mahabala has walked past, not hearing any snoring as she continues along.
* Aleph grumbles irately as he continues onward, trying to be silent
* Jack_ starts checking the door
<Merc> ooc: Note, there's no doors. It's just open doorways/archways. You'd see the guy sleeping while passing by.
* Maya_Mahabala stops, points back in there, eyes the others questioningly.
* Jack_ pantomimes stabbing the everliving fuck outta the guy, but can probably be missinterpreted as asking for a handjob
<Merc> There's a guy sleeping, pants strewn on the floor, the blankets tossed off randomly near the bottom of the bed, and a dirty white shirt. He briefly stops snoring to scratch himself down there (Thankfully Elise is near the back, she probably wouldn't have wanted to see that), before going back to snoring. He's -still- not reacting to Davan's clanking armor as he's been moving.
<Merc> Davan does however stop, looking questioning when seeing the group stop and Jack's motion. He seems unsure of how to interpret the gesture.
* Jack_ silently pulls one of his blades out and gestures again
* Jack_ rolls his eyes and sneaks into the room
<Merc> Davan frowns, and motions clasping one hand with the other, as if gesturing to take someone prisoner, if there's someone there.
* Aleph has moved on already, is motioning for the rest of the group to follow
<Jack_> roll 1d20+13 move silently
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=3]
<Merc> The snoring man doesn't seem to be reacting still...
* Jack_ stabs the guy through the lung
<Merc> Davan takes a deep breath and turns around, still frowning at the sight of Jack taking his swords out and sneaking into the room. "My prince, I hope you know what you're doing..." he mutters quietly.
<Jack_> multiple times if necessary
<Merc> ooc: roll damage. you also automatically critical hit
<Merc> ooc: for one stab note. You do get sneak attack though
* Maya_Mahabala glances ahead while the dirty work gets done.
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=1]
<Jack_> roll 5d6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d6=4,2,1,1,3]
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Merc> roll d20+7 vs DC 25 to survive coup de grace
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=19]
<Merc> ooc: I don't know if that's lucky or what
<Merc> As Jack plunges his blade into the man's lung, the man screams in pained agony, twisting, confused as to what's going on!
<Merc> ooc: init I guess, for all the good it'll do?
* Jack_ stabs him again with his other sword
* Aleph twitches
<Merc> ooc: yeah, actually, I guess you'd get a surprise round.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+4
<Merc> ooc: the man doesn't scream, he gurgles. Happy? =p
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 jegus, jack, worst murderer ever
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=18]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Elise
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d20=2]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: Aleph > Anassia > Jack > Others (seriously, are you even going to get a turn in a surprise round?)
* Aleph refuses to have any part in this bullshit. He keeps moving.
<Merc> Anassia grimaces, but tries to put the dying man out of his misery, launching one of her eldritch darts.
<Merc> roll d20+8 ranged attack vs flatfooted
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d6+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d6=5]
<Merc> The man's body limps upward for a brief second as the spell strikes...and then falls prone back on the bed, staining the bed red with the blood seeping out the lung.
<Maya_Mahabala> "What was that?" Maya glanced back in, wondering what the hell was the trouble. "Come on, we have to keep moving."
* Jack_ sheathes his blade an continues on with the rest of the group (after looting the guys pockets
<Merc> ooc: You're picking up his pants from the floor? Keep in mind, he was in a dirty white shirt and underwear. Briefs.
<Jack_> (yeah, floor pants)
<Merc> ooc: You find 1 gold coin and 9 silver coins. Go you. =p
* Aleph just keeps going, looking a bit irate to say the least
* Maya_Mahabala continues on~.
<Merc> The trouble taken care of (embarrasingly so maybe), the group carries onward! Nobody else seems to be sleeping in today at Chateau Le Ranus. They pass various more rooms (16 more if you care to count~) before reaching a set of stairs going both up or downward.
* Maya_Mahabala heads upstairs.
* Aleph heads up as well. Logic dictates: Leader = upstairs. Doubly so when there's windows.
<Merc> Upstairs you go! The stairs circle upwards, until you reach the next floor. The stairs do carry on upward still though. Do you want to keep going up? As high as possible even?
<Aleph> ...no.  don't want to be stuck in a tower.
* Maya_Mahabala keeps heading up the stairs~.
<Aleph> "..."  Aleph follows anyway.  Getting another wonderful view on the way up, possibly.  :P
<Merc> You pass another floor after that, before you reach the top. Stepping out, the corridor seems to have more rooms down the corridor on the side with the stairs (same length and path as what you traversed below), although the other side does not have rooms, instead open archways staring outside. Wow, you can see the jungle's trees and some mountains, and a few birds here and there flying...
* Maya_Mahabala does a walk around the side that does have rooms, checking them the same.
<Merc> Davan moves near the open archways showing the outside, and looking around. "We seem to be on one of the wings of this place. Nothing further to the left, the building seems to be stretching that way," he says pointing. Looking down, he whistles. "That's a horrible fall to take."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Where do you think the throne room would be?" Maya glanced down over the castle from one of the open arches.
<Aleph> "...probably top-center?"
<Merc> "Since we're on one of the wings, yes, center, probably, although not necessarily the top," Davan agrees for the most part. "We'd probably want to head down this corridor and then take a right somewhere."
* Maya_Mahabala tries heading that way.
* Aleph just follows Maya at this point. After all, it's Maya, and she's in front.
<Aleph> ...that and he has no real idea of castle layouts, ever.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Session Start: Sat Oct 16 19:07:11 2010

<Merc> When last left off, the small group of heroes had started to explore the apparently abandoned base of Lord Ranus. Or at the very least, they hadn't met anybody except one poor bastard that got murdered in his bed for his trouble.
<Merc> Weird.
<Merc> So far, they'd explored the long corridor of the third floor and were currently starting to explore the fifth floor, trying to figure out where Ranus might be hiding himself away, not to mention all the servants for that many rooms...
<Merc> Where -was- everybody, really?
<Anassia> "You would think there would be more people in here..." Anassia says, glancing around the empty hallways curiously.
<Elise> "Maybe they knew we were coming and ran away in fear." Elise says.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Indeed," Maya lead up the hallway, going to the circular dead end at the end of the servant's quarters.
<Anassia> "If they knew we were coming you would think they would be waiting outside of the room," Anassia says, following behind Maya.
<Merc> "Rather cruel of them to leave that one fellow behind if so..." Davan mutters, not looking at Jack.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, let's keep quiet anyway.  The longer they don't know we're here, the better>"
<Merc> The door at the end of the fifth floor leading to that circular room/tower seems to be locked...You'd have to break it down or lockpick it if you wanted to get in.
* Maya_Mahabala eyes the resident Jack of all doors.
<Merc> Jack nods as he silently pulls out a few of his tools and begins to mess with the locks to the door.
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=20]
<Merc> He must have gotten lucky, or it was a very cheap lock, but in less than a minute, you hear a little click as Jack stands with a proud smile at his work. "Damn, I'm good..." he comments. "After you, ladies?"
* Maya_Mahabala opens the door and looks inside.
<Merc> Inside looks to be a study or laboratory or something. It's really messy, with books, potions, flasks and papers all around in a messy disorganized fashion, even all over the floor. You can also see some stairs leading downward to your left side, and a locked door leading to a balcony or some such. You can see the sky outside through one of the pairs of window, so it either leads to a balcony, or to a long drop!
* Maya_Mahabala heads in, looking over it and holding her nose a bit.  "Can you make anything of this Anassia?"
<Merc> "Ranus' study? Or Killigan's? I suppose he could have had more than one servant as well?" Davan ponders as he looks around.
* Anassia glances around the room curiously. "Huh." She moves toward one of the books, opening it carfully. "Obviously, someone is doing something in here."
<Merc> roll d100
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 51 > [d100=51]
* Ataru is now known as Jack_
* Elise walks to the window and peers outside.
<Merc> The book that Anassia is holding has notes on enchantments and potions, things to manipulate the senses of creatures, and some tests done on some of the local wildlife.
<Merc> From the window, Elise peers at a tower ahead of her. It's pretty normal looking, but is otherwise blocking her view ahead. To the side, she can also see an edge of the balcony, and when looking down below into the courtyard she can see some movement, although it's hard to see...
<Elise> Never one for subtlety, Elise opts to bash that lock off the door so she can go out to the balcony and get a better look at....whatever it is down below!
* Joins: Namagomi (~buncherd0@HW-ESR1-208-102-27-234.fuse.net)
* Namagomi is now known as Aleph
<Anassia> "This is... interesting..." Anassia says, flipping the next page over and scanning it as well.  "They're doing experimentation on plants and animals..."
<Maya_Mahabala> "What kind of experiments?" Maya wondered, keeping an eye on Elise.
<Merc> ooc: roll sunder attack Elise, then damage
<Elise> roll 1d20+14+4 attacking the lock thing
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=12]
<Merc> ooc: hit~
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 smashy
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=1,3]
<Merc> The lock to the balcony is no match for Elise's delicate touch, as the balcony doors slam open loudly!
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
* Elise heads outside quickly to look down into the courtyard!
* Topic is 'Game tonight (10-17)... http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1305/ranusmap.jpg'
* Set by Merc on Sun Oct 17 18:28:38
<Anassia> "With spells," Anassia says, before jumping at the noise.  "Subtle," she says, frowning slightly.
* Aleph winces. "I kind of gave up on stealth when Jack decided to go and kill that guy."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, we knew they used magic.  That device that brought us here was such."  Maya pouted.  "We really should try not to make so much noise."  Maya checked the stairs, glancing down that way.
<Merc> Elise looks down from the balcony down at the stairs. It seems you're high enough that nobody noticed the noise, or they were too distracted perhaps. Off in the courtyard, Elise can see a trio of t-rexes being poked around as they trash against the poking weapons of various soldiers and slaves (or at the very least, they look like the people you'd freed that one time).
<Merc> The t-rexes snap back occassionally, but never seem to actually hurt anybody. Hard to tell why that might be with how they're being treated, almost like it were a game?
<Anassia> "This is more methodical than what we'd expected, though," Anassia replies to Maya, flipping the next page over.
* Elise frowns, heads back inside. "There are more giant lizards down below," she says to her friends. "And a lot of people. They're all snapping and poking at each other but not really fighting, I think."
<Aleph> "...I hate lizards..." Aleph comments.
<Maya_Mahabala> "If they actually had a lot of them trained, that'd be a pretty scary thing for even an army," Maya mused, heading down the stairs.
<Jack_> "Ugh, not more of those things..."
<Anassia> "More lizards?" Anassia asks, quirking an eyebrow.  "Joy of joys."
<Elise> "Well, Aleph, if you wanted to shoot them in the head from up there, I don't think they could stop you?"
<Elise> *up here
<Jack_> "Well, on the bright side, they probably can't get em in here, eh?"
<Aleph> "Yeah, I'm not going on the ground as long as those things are near."
<Merc> Well, you'd have to see how big the doors in are, but it'd be a tight fit height-wise for the dinosaurs, certainly!
<Merc> As Maya heads down a floor, she notes the next floor is a bit more organized...or looks somewhat more organized. It's hard to tell since the only light source is the light from upstairs, the window and the opened balcony, filtering downstairs. You can see a bed though...
<Merc> ooc: roll listen check Maya
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=16]
<Merc> As Maya's eyes try to adjust to the lack of light below, she thinks she hears something near the bed? Something squeaking atop the bed...
* Anassia will grab a few of the books before following behind Maya; it's not really theft if she's stealing from a murderous bastard.
* Jack_ follows annasia
* Aleph follows the rest, still paranoid about the GIANT LIZARDS
* Elise follows Maya downstairs as well.
<Merc> There are too many people on the stairs, unless they finish going downstairs, Davan can't follow!
* Maya_Mahabala moves a bit closer, her hand on the hilt of her sword as she squinted to see.
* Aleph has his bow drawn, keeping an eye out as he descends the stairs further...
<Merc> As more people start to go downstairs and Maya reaches the bottom, you can all hear some growling as something dashes towards the person closest, Maya.
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=17]
<Merc> ooc: what's your flat-footed AC, Maya?
<Merc> roll d6+1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d6=2]
<Merc> ooc: roll init to kill Killigan's chihuaha or whatever it is.
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=11]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=7]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=5]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d20=1]
<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d20+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=17]
* Merc changes topic to 'Magical Chihuaha of Maya's Doom > Davan > Maya > Aleph > Elise > Jack > Anassia'
<Merc> Whatever is attacking them keeps going for Maya's legs, gnawing away!
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d6+1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d6=4]
<Merc> "What's going on down there!" Davan says as he tries to go downstairs but finds his way blocked. He can't really do much or see much either...
<Merc> ooc: Maya
<Maya_Mahabala> "Some animal is biting my foot," Maya kicked it off, slicing it in two.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=15]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=14]
<Merc> ooc: hit/hit
<Merc> ooc: oh wait, blah
<Merc> ooc; roll two d100
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d100
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 106 > [d100=21,85]
<Merc> ooc: miss/ht
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6 cut it in two!
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=8,2]
<Merc> You can hear a whimper as the creature yelps, and pulls back a bit. Obviously, it hadn't expected such a painful reprimand for defending his master's home!
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Aleph> "Oh for the love of..."  Aleph opts to jump down, risking injury to get a faster shot at the obnoxious creature biting Maya's leg.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+14 jumping
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=9]
<Merc> Aleph lands safely on the floor, near the edge of the stairs.
* Aleph continues his movement to try and get a clear-ish shot at whatever's attacking Maya...
<Aleph> !roll 1d20+13 ARROW
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13 ARROW
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=5]
<Merc> ooc: roll d100
<Aleph> roll d100
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 72 > [d100=72]
<Merc> ooc: hit
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d8=6]
* Aleph lets an arrow fly at the shadowy...thing...attacking Maya. Whether or not it's a chihuahua
<Merc> You hear another yelp, and then a thud. You can still hear a bit of shallow breathing, but whatever you just hit, it's not going to be biting anyone else anytime soon.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Anyone got a light?" Maya rubbed her leg, wanting to see whatever was going on here.
<Merc> ooc: free actions. the little mini-combat is over. Bring on the dinosaurs as soon as you guys head elsewhere.
<Aleph> "Hold on, lemme light a torch."
* Anassia glances down toward the thud. "You alright?"
<Aleph> Aleph holds his bow between his knees, before grabbing a torch, and his flint and steel as he tries the ever-dextrous act of lighting one of those damn things while still holding it
<Merc> As Aleph lights a torch and everybody else convenes in the room, the light shines to show a homely enough bedroom. The creature looks like some sort of dog, but it looks kind of weird...
<Merc> ooc: Anassia, you can roll knowledge:arcana to try and recognize it
<Aleph> "The hell is that thing?  Never seen a dog like that before..."
<Jack_> "Took the words right outta my mouth."
<Anassia> roll 1d20+15
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=10]
<Anassia> "Ugh, I've read about those," Anassia says, wrinkling her nose.  "They're called blink dogs."
* Maya_Mahabala leans down, wrapping a slight cloth around her bitten leg.  "Stupid thing."
<Aleph> "You okay, Maya?"
<Merc> Looking around the room once interest on the weird dog dies down, you can see the bed, a trap door (probably to stairs leading to next floor down?), the door towards the corridor, it's unlocked, a wardrobe filled with clothing, mostly cloaks and robes, and a desk with a picture sitting on a frame. Anassia notes she recalls seeing the picture of the woman on the frame amongst Killigan's belongings...
* Elise heads over to the trapdoor and heaves it open.
<Anassia> "They're ferocious little buggers, but not really dangerous more than normal dogs."  She moves into the room slowly, picking up the picture curiously.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Mostly, Aleph." She tested her leg.  "I can still run on it."
<Aleph> "Prefer them over the lizards."
<Merc> Elise finds some stairs leading downward. It's even darker downstairs though, and there's something of a smell... Might want to bring that torch.
<Elise> "Do we want to keep going down? If so, bring that light over here."
<Aleph> "Hm.  Not so sure I like that smell."
<Elise> "Is there anything here you do like? We're not here to have fun! We're here to smite bad people. And things that serve bad people. So let's keep going?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "They're not going to have an army under a bedroom.  It's likely the experiments of earlier though...Anassia, do you want to check them out or should we head back up?"
<Jack_> "We're here, might as well check it out."
<Anassia> "Let's hope that there's nothing else guarding..."  Anassia says, setting the picture back down.  "I could look through the books some, but I'm not sure that it would help..."
* Aleph hands Elise the torch anyway
* Maya_Mahabala follows elise down, letting someone else take the first being bitten spot.
<Merc> Back to the third floor you all go (or at least Elise and Maya)! Down in the third floor of Killigan's little tower, Elise notices first the smell of blood. There's some tables with pieces of flesh, and jars with various organs tied in. This looks like Killigan's inventory room or something. Weird that he keeps it his room between it and his lab.
<Merc> There doesn't seem to be any trap doors or stairs leading further down, just the door leading back to the corridor.
* Aleph follows Maya down, continuing to hold his bow
<Merc> ooc: None of it looks like it came from humans as far as you can tell, if you're curious.
* Anassia follows behind the others, keeping back in case of any more guardians. "That smell is... oh, wow."
* Elise wrinkles her nose, looks around. "I already want to burn everything in this rooom."
<Maya_Mahabala> "I...am with you," Maya held her nose again.  "Let's go another way," Maya eyed the way back not wanting to walk through here.
<Aleph> "...ugh...agreed."
* Aleph holds his nose as he looks back
* Anassia glances around for any other books; experiments involving eviceration usually are good reading!
* Maya_Mahabala leads back to the fifth floor, then takes the corridor east and around to the larger rooms, exploring.
* Aleph follows Maya
<Merc> ooc: listen checks
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=9]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=15]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 Listen
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=11]
<Elise> roll 1d20-2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=13]
<Merc> As Maya leads the way towards the unexplored corridor and towards the main area of the castle, Maya, Jack and Aleph all hear breathing sounds from up ahead, around the bend of the corridor.
* Anassia will follow after the others, tucking the books into her pack.
* Aleph stops in his tracks, bow at ready
* Jack_ slows down and prepares to get all sneaky like
<Merc> Davan just silently follows all the others, clanking away as he lags behind the others in his mighty steel armor.
* Maya_Mahabala glances back, and quickly gestures for the side room, heading over there as she encourages everyone to follow.
* Jack_ ducks in right after maya
* Aleph indeed heads for the saferoom after the other two
* Elise ducks in with the others.
* Anassia ducks in as well, glancing about the new room curiously.
<Merc> Davan spots all of you heading towards the side room and follows in. "What's going on?" he asks, once they're all hiding. The room just seems to be a conference room or some such. There's a large table and some chairs, not much else.
<Merc> He's not whispering, though he's not being particularly loud either.
* Maya_Mahabala listens at the door, gesturing silence.
<Merc> ooc: closing the doors behind you? leaving them partially open to peek? Or just leaving them open, and hiding behind walls?
<Aleph> ooc: Partially open, and hiding behind walls
* Aleph partially closes the door once everyone's in, keeping a close watch out for who or what is patrolling the halls
* Anassia takes a seat down in one of the chairs, setting her pack down as well. "What are we going to do?" she asks.
<Anassia> *whispering
<Merc> As the group waits in silence, some confused by the decision to hide, but respecting their companion's decision to do so, first Maya, then all of you as well start to hear the shallow breathing approaching, and what's more, the rattling of metal chains, clanking and rattling one against the others as some people move closer.
<Merc> The air feels almost colder as whatever is making the noise approaches. Through the gaps while hiding, Aleph can spot three humanonid, yet very much not human creatures approach, wrapped in chains.
<Merc> They seem to be patrolling, slowly moving down the corridor, their chains clanking and rattling in an unnerving fashion.
* Aleph whispers back. "Wait until they pass by, then keep going through. Not sure raising hell in here is going to help us any."
* Maya_Mahabala waits for them to pass before glancing out.
<Merc> Maya gets a glance at the back of them, they don't notice her as she takes a glance at their backs. Whatever they are, they seem to be naked outside of all their chains. She's probably seen nicer butts on some of the boys back home. These are all scarred up and pasty pale.
<Merc> They continue shambling on as they patrol towards the end of the corridor.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Let's go," She nodded and headed out as soon as they turned the next corridor, leading where they had been going before.
* Anassia stands and picks up her bag at Maya's statement, moving quietly behind her
<Merc> As Maya starts stepping out, the creatures turn around. Apparently their patroling didn't involve going towards Killigan's room or the servants' area! As they turn, they spot Maya and react!
<Merc> ooc: Initiatives
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=3]
<Aleph> "...damnit!"
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Merc> roll 3#d20+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 10, 25, 25 >
<Elise> roll 1d20+2 d'oh
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=14]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d20=4]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
* Merc changes topic to 'Chain Devil 2+3 > Aleph > Elise > Maya > CD #1 > Davan > Anassia'
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+4 for jack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=11]
* Merc changes topic to 'Chain Devil 2+3 > Aleph > Elise > Jack > Maya > CD #1 > Davan > Anassia'
<Merc> "INTRUDERS!" two of the devils cry out as their chains begin to rattle more loudly, almost like living creatures, snakes even. One charges for Maya, the other for Anassia, the two the most visible targets right now.
<Merc> roll d20+12 Maya
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=17]
<Merc> roll d20+12 Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll 2d4+2
<Merc> roll 2d4+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d4=1,3]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d4=4,3]
* Joins: Navilee (~Navikarz@174-31-191-189.tukw.qwest.net)
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-87-30.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
<Merc> Chains dash out from their bodies as they reach the two girls who stepped out a bit too early. The chains seemingly growing barbed ends that wrap around their flesh and rake wounds into their bodies.
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@97-126-87-213.tukw.qwest.net)
<Merc> ooc: Anassia, you can also do a Knowledge: religion/arcana to get some clue about the demons.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+15
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=3]
* Quits: Navilee (~Navikarz@174-31-191-189.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
<Aleph> Aleph eyes the two chained figures, opting to draw and fire three arrows at one of the ones who attacked the girls...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=15]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=12]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=7]
<Merc> ooc: hit/hit/miss regardless of which one it is.
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d8=5]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d8=5]
<Merc> The devil hisses as two arrows impact against his body. The chains seem to have minimized some of the damage, but you can still see some blood trickling from the creature.
<Merc> ooc: Elise
* Elise runs towards the creature attacking Anassia and swings away, yelling all the while. "Go back where you came from, hellspawn!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d20=20]
<Elise> roll 1d20+14 crit?
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: ...yep, lucky crit. Go-go Elise
<Elise> roll 6d6+27 smaaaaaaash
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 40 > [d6=1,3,1,1,5,2]
<Merc> Elise smashes her hammer brutally into the creature, slamming it against the wall! A number of its chains have broken, and it's chest seems to be almost caved in. Its companions don't seem to be concerned as the creature apparently remains standing despite the brutal attack! "That...was a mistake, foolish woman," the devil gasps out, its remaining chains rattling wildly even as blood trails aroudn the chains.
<Merc> ooc: Jack
* Jack_ moves in to finish off the wounded one
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 27, 25 >
<Merc> ooc: no sneak attack though. Nobody to flank with
<Jack_> roll 2d6+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d6=6,1]
<Elise> "I don't make mistakes! I make CORPSES!"
<Merc> The creature laughs, although clearly pained by Jack's follow-up. "So do I, child...so do I..." it mutters.
<Maya_Mahabala> "I'm pretty sure the fact you guys turned around was a mistake," Maya definitely didn't sound happy as she slipped free of the sharp chains, building speed as she bounced down the corridor, seeming to ignore the whole floor bit of it as she twisted behind the one that hit her, bringing her sword around sharply at its head.  OOC: Expertise -5, Tumble Attack.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22 tumble
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 39 > [d20=17]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=17]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: Targeted the one who hit me.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=4,6]
<Merc> The creature cries out, and the other two devils seem almost...amused at its plight. "Fool, letting yourself get treated like that by mortals," the last devil admonishes as he targets Anassia, apparently the type to go for the weakest looking prey.
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=3]
<Merc> roll 2d4+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d4=1,2]
<Merc> "Says the hyena!" Davan exclaims, disgusted with the creature targeting Anassia. "As was said before, back to hell with you, hellspawn!"
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=18]
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, from where I'm standing, not being mortal seems to mean you're a pasty white freak that enjoys chains.  Call me disinterested."
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d8=3]
<Merc> Davan's blade slashes at the third devil, but does not do as much damage as the rest of you all with your respective attacks. The devil chuckles.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
<Aleph> "Indeed.  Rather have beautiful mortality than pasty white chained "immortality" myself."
<Maya_Mahabala> "I really don't think they count as Immortal," Maya frowned, swaying under a flailing strike from one as they continued to taunt.  "How about we see how long they last when Elise smashes one of their head's in?"
<Aleph> "...or should I shoot that one instead?" Aleph smirks.  "Sure, it's a killsteal, but..."
<Anassia> "Good call, Elise," Anassia says as she stumbles back a step from the forst strike.  "They're chain devils."  She winces at the second blow as her hand moves to her belt, drawing the dagger even as a dark power coalesces around her other hand, taking a step back from the devil beside her.  "Do go back to the hell you came from, fiend."  And now for casting rolls.
<Aleph> "...wait what the hell.  Devils exist?"
<Merc> "They actually are from hell?" Davan concurs with Aleph's surprise. "All the more reason to do away with such creatures!"
<Aleph> "They seem to die easily enough, at least."
<Merc> "We still haven't died yet, mortal," the injured devil hisses.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Sorry, you don't actually seem capable enough for us to worry about the future," Maya smirked.
<Elise> "Of course devils exist, Aleph! What have I been telling you guys this whole time?!"
<Aleph> "...mainly to stop being perverts."
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4+4 v. (DC 11)
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d9 random target fun-ness
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d9=5]
<Merc> ooc: You hit Jack
* Anassia points toward the nearest Devil, the energy arching toward it... before abruptly changing course to Jack. "Oh shi--"
<Jack_> roll 1d20+5 T_T
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=17]
<Merc> Jack looks wide-eyed as he turns and sees Anassia exclaim an expletive, and sees the spell heading for him. The warning allows him to brace himself just as the spell hits him! Although a weird sensation starts to course through his body, he grits his teeth and resists its effects!
<Jack_> "Watch where you throw those!"
<Anassia> "...sorry!" ANassia says, wincing slightly.
<Merc> The devils laugh at this. "Hahahaha!" they seem amused. "You read my mind, girl, let's have you guys fighting friends and family!" the injured devil exclaims as he turns his gaze upon all of you...
<Merc> ooc: Will save all
<Anassia> roll 1d20+5
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=20]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+7
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=20]
<Elise> roll 1d20+4+2 1/day bonus (+2 more if it's a fear effect)
<Aleph> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=4]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=9]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll d20+5 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d20=2]
<Merc> roll d3 Elise
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> roll d3 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> You all feel the devil's eyes on you. You feel its face attempting to shift, and your brain as if it was being picked. Except for Elise and Davan, you all resist whatever spell the devil was attempting to cast. For those two, however, the devil's face morphs. "My liege?" you can hear Davan mutter, shaken up. Elise is similarly shook up, as she sees her father's face on the devil's body. She is sure this is falseness, and yet...
<Merc> ooc: -2 penalty on attack rolls for Elise/Davan for 2 rounds.
<Jack_> "I'm sorry, was that supposed to do something?"
<Anassia> "Better luck next time, fiend."
<Merc> The other devil ignores the magic of his companion, instead focusing on Anassia, shifting so she's a nice little morsel between him and his other companion.
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll d20+12 crit owie?
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=14]
<Merc> ooc: ewwww
<Merc> roll 4d4+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d4=3,2,1,3]
<Merc> "Better luck for me then," the devil purrs as his chains rips painfully through Anassia's flesh once more as she attempts to mock its more pathetic brethen.
<Merc> ooc: oh wait, devil gets two attacks. sorry Anassia. >_>
<Merc> ooc: forgot they also have full attacks
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> "...alright, I'm tired of this crap already.  Anassia, get out of there!"  Aleph shouts as he fires one arrow at the injured devil chaining Anassia a bit too much.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 Shot 1
<Merc> It's second chain misses however, apparently, as Aleph targets it.
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d8=6]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 Shot 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 Shot 3
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: miss/miss
<Merc> One of it's arrows goes through the devil's neck, though it doesn't seem bothered by it, and seems more amused by the other two arrows missing.
<Merc> ooc: recall, -2 to attacks for 2 roudns
<Elise> "It's a lie!" Elise yells, fighting to ignore the vision. "You're devils, all you do is lie!" Now she tries to prove it by smashing anassia's attacker into paste!
<Elise> roll 1d20+14 attack 1
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=13]
<Elise> roll 1d20+9 attack 2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=18]
<Elise> OOC: blurgh, two 25s, forgot penalty
<Merc> ooc: still hits
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=3,3]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=6,6]
<Merc> The devil screams as Elise's frustrated anger is unleashed on it. It's not quite as beat up as it's first companion, but it's getting there. The last devil still looks uninjured, almost like Davan did nothing to it a while ago...
* Jack_ goes after the most injured looking one
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 24, 16 >
<Merc> ooc: hit/miss. I'll say you're flanking it with Maya right now before she moves so you can do your sneak attacky.
<Jack_> roll 6d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d6=4,2,6,6,3,4]
<Merc> ooc: okay, ew, yeah, he's dead
<Merc> Jack's second blade misses wide, but it doesn't matter, as his first blade digs into the devil's flesh as he finds a point around all the chains to cause maximum damage. As the blade digs into the devil's flesh, Jack's slash finishes, splitting the devil into two parts! He's not going to regenerate from that any time soon.
* Maya_Mahabala smirks as she continues dancing around their strikes, practically circling the one that attacked her first, leaping over him suddenly as her blade finds its way into the back of his head, staying nearby to distract it.  OOC: Tumble to damage.  going for 4 extra.  Expertise 5.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-8
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14 to hit
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=8]
<Merc> ooc: hit. barely.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+10
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d8=2,7]
<Merc> The devil drops to its knees, collapsing. It doesn't seem to be dead, but it doesn't look like it has any fight left in it as its eyes dim, and blood slowly drips from the wound where Maya cut.
<Merc> The remaining devil gulps, all of a sudden not feeling like his chances are that great. But between fleeing or killing someone... it hisses at Anassia, as it attempts to eviscerate her. "If I'm going down...!" it exclaims.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=13]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll 2d4+2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d4=3,4]
<Merc> One of its chains slashes at Anassia again, but it's not enough to finish the job, the arcanist made of sterner stuff than the devils hoped. Davan slams his shield into the devil, trying to push it away from Anassia, followed by slashing with his blade.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d20+5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=10]
<Merc> The shield slams into its face, knocking it backwards, but the blade slashes wide, missing at the creature.
<Merc> roll d6+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d6=5]
<Merc> ooc: Anassia. You're not flanked anymore!
<Merc> ooc: or threatened either
* Anassia winces again as the chain cuts deep. "Sorry, fiend, you'll have to try harder next time..." she growls out, power crackling into existance around her hand before being flung toward the fiend
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Merc> ooc: miss if that was an attack roll
<Anassia> It was.
<Anassia> Lame.
<Merc> Anassia's spell blasts at the corridor, missing the head of the chain devil.
<Merc> ooc: aleph
<Aleph> Same as before.  Three shots.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=6]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=6]
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit/miss
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d8=1]
<Merc> As one of Aleph's arrows impact against the last remaining devil, Elise charges at it, still befuddled by the illusion of her apparently murdered-by-Jack father with a devil body. Or something. Still, she attempts to slam her hammer into the devil!
<Merc> roll d20+14
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d6=1,4]
<Merc> It does some damage, but the confusion must have weakened the blow.
* Jack_ moves in for the kill!
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12, 11 >
* Jack_ whiffs!
<Merc> Jack whiffs indeed! It's up to Maya!
<Maya_Mahabala> "Really, did your devil-hood come with extra cowardice?"  She rushed into the packed melee, leaping over the whole set to stab into it's head.  OOC: -6 attack challenge.  Tumble bonus to hit.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22 tumble
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 37 > [d20=15]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+13+3
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=13]
<Merc> "I haven't run away yet, lady..." the devil exclaims, even as Maya's strike connects.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+12
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d8=2,3]
<Maya_Mahabala> "Yes, but you should've." Maya lands cleanly on the other side.
<Merc> The devil gasps as the blade cuts deep, but it's still not enough! Instead, its eyes continue to glisten with focus on Anassia, opening itself to attack as it moves towards Anassia, it's chain lashing out! (OOC: AoO for Davan/Elise/Jack)
<Merc> Elise and Davan immediately try to prevent it from attacking Anassia, trying to kill it before its attack can reach!
<Merc> roll d20+14 elise
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=6]
<Merc> roll d20+10 davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=10]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=3]
<Merc> Elise and Davan come close, but still not enough, as the devil sneaks past the three, and attacks poor Anassia!
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: man, I should just have it choke on it's own chain for tat
* Anassia deflects the chain with her knife, scowling slightly. "Next time, pick your targets more wisely."
<Merc> It's chain slams into the floor, it's injuries keeping it from aiming and letting Anassia easily deflect the attack even as Davan turns and slashes at the devil's back.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=7]
<Merc> He misses though. Oh well!
* Anassia tries to toss another ball of lightning at the Devil!
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=3]
<Merc> ooc: miss
<Merc> The lightning slams against the wall! ooc: Aleph
<Aleph> Three more shots.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=1]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=6]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=14]
<Merc> ooc: all misses, sorry =/
<Aleph> ooc: PENUCHE, PREPARE TO FUCKING DIE
<Jack_> ooc 20 misses? wtf)
<Merc> ooc: It's AC is 22
<Jack_> ...
<Merc> ooc: these guys were supposed to be a pain. Not this much though...
<Aleph> OOC: Can we just fight Penuche instead?
<Merc> Elise screams as attempts to finish of the damn devil already.
<Merc> roll d20+14
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d6=5,5]
<Merc> ooc: finally
<Merc> Elise finishes it off, the devil's luck ran out!
<Anassia> "Damned devils," Anassia says, leaning against the wall heavily and wincing. 
<Aleph> "...still hate them less than reptiles."
<Merc> "Indeed. Creatures such as those are better left to myth. I can only be glad my lord decided not to associate with Lord Ranus any longer if this is the company he keeps," Davan notes with a frown.
<Anassia> "Can't see why they liked me so much."
<Aleph> "Perhaps the whole 'magic user' thing?"
<Anassia> "I guess," she says, glancing to the bodies as she straightens.  "We should probably move on, in case anyone heard their alarm.  Or the fighting..."
<Aleph> "...Yeah.  most likely the fighting."
<Merc> "They behaved like hyenas. They probably felt she was simply the weakest target given her lack of armor. Foolish tactics, but still...well, fiendish," Davan states.
<Aleph> "...yeah, they kind of went after the less-armored of us."
* Merc changes topic to 'Devils downed, Lord Ranus's time comes. Next session 10/24 (next week)'
* Aleph is now known as Namagomi
<Anassia> "Maybe I should get some armor just to avoid getting stabbed so much," Anassia quips, picking up her back with a grimace.  "Let's go."

Merc

Session Start: Sun Oct 31 17:34:34 2010

<Merc-laptop> As the last of the chain devil falls, unable to do worse to Anassia, the group is left in silence, to recover and move on... Lord Ranus must still be brought to justice, and his list of crimes has only increased for associating with creatures from hell.
* Maya_Mahabala glances over her friends and notices how much they'd been targeting Anassia. "Are you okay Anassia?"
<Aleph> "...ugh.  Those were annoying.  Shoot them in the neck and they still don't die."
<Anassia> "I'll be fine," Anassia says, glancing over to Maya with a wince.  "I'm not fond of being the one always getting hit," she comments flatly
<Aleph> "...yeah, getting hit kind of, well, sucks."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Move faster maybe," Maya nodded, often too quick on her feet.  "We should get going, that noise might bring others here," Maya lead down the way the demons were originally guarding.
<Anassia> "Tell you what, you can have them try to kill you next time, Maya," Anassia says, following behind the Gypsy.
<Aleph> "...needless to say, they made a hell of a lot of noise."  Aleph comments, following the injured mage
<Anassia> "Chain Devils aren't well known for subtlety," she comments back to Aleph.
<Aleph> "...ugh.  I already hate the supernatural."
<Anassia> "They're not all that bad normally.  Except Devils."
<Maya_Mahabala> "They were pretty unearthly..." Maya hadn't seen the likes before.
<Merc-laptop> As Maya leads down the corridor that the creatures came from, she finds the path curves. At the end lies a doorway, and peeking around it shows another corridor, down which you can see a door, and farther ahead another path turning deeper in the direction you were heading just now. More of those statues you saw earlier near the room you teleported to decorate the sides.
<Aleph> "...just hoping we don't have to fight those large reptiles we saw in the courtyard."
<Aleph> "...hey, those statues look familiar."
<Merc-laptop> "I doubt we'll have need to, archer. If there are devils guarding this route, surely their master (or slave, it's hard to tell), Ranus must be nearby..." Davan says.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Hopefully," Maya walked into the second corridor, glancing at the statues but not stopping for them.  She takes a glimpse into the side room at the first door.
<Anassia> "Let's hope so.  The sooner we get out of here, the better."
<Merc-laptop> While the statues are armed, sure to make Anassia nervous again, like the earlier statues, they don't seem to be reacting to any of the noise made by the uninvited guests.
* Anassia does eye the statues as they pass them. Stupid weapons.
<Merc-laptop> The side room seems to be some long conference or dining room. It has a very long table at the center, and various chairs around it. Nobody else is in the room though.
* Maya_Mahabala walks past there, heading to the farther door and looking in.
<Merc-laptop> The path leads to an open corridor/area, and you can see a door leading back into the side room you just passed, and then four other rooms to your right. There doesn't seem to be any light from outside shining in, instead torches light the way. Way at the opposite side of the open area, you see what looks like two large red doors, illuminated by some torch light.
<Merc-laptop> Each door also seems to be 'guarded' by a pair of the armed statues.
<Anassia> "It's eerie how empty this place is..." Anassia says, eyeing the red door curiously.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Everyone could simply be downstairs, but yeah, it's huge for how few people seem to be here," She checked the first door to her right.
<Elise> "Well, would any sane person want to stay here? I know I wouldn't!"
<Merc-laptop> "Everyone seems to be outside. I don't know if it's luck, or due to the presence of those devils. And if it's the second, I worry...what else might we find?" Davan mutters.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Money, power?  Whoever he is has dinos at his command."
<Aleph> "If the second, I'm half-expecting to see corpses.  There were some on the bottom floor, but...ugh.  Stupid lizards."
<Anassia> "He's powerful to have Devils in his employ, at least," Anassia says, frowning slightly.
<Aleph> "Fifty fifty chance."
<Maya_Mahabala> "And have the ability to move across the world as he pleases?" Maya continues looking in the room.
<Aleph> "Either he can use magic...or has someone in his employ who does."
* Joins: Dracos (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
* Quits: Maya_Mahabala (~Dracos@c-69-181-203-9.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Dracos)))
* Dracos is now known as Maya_Mahabala
<Merc-laptop> "He can definitely use magic. I know that necklace of Killigan's came from him," Davan says as Maya checks the door to the first room. Peering inside, there are five bodies, held to the wall by manacles. Stench filters into Maya's nose. The bodies don't seem to be reacting to Maya's presence, and it's hard to tell if they're alive or not. She cannot hear breathing, though.
<Aleph> "Right."  Aleph peers in from behind Maya
<Merc-laptop> The clothing on the bodies...it's rags like those worn by the slaves being traded out of that port town you first arrived in. Looks like it's a good thing for some of those slaves that you'd interrupted the sale to Killigan that one time. These five were not so fortunate though.
<Aleph> "...ugh.  Guess I owe you girls an apology for the other day."
<Anassia> "Oh god," Anassia says softly, looking into the room.
<Aleph> "...yeah.  They don't look like they're in good shape.  I think we kept more from meeting that fate back at the port, at least."
<Merc-laptop> Davan blinks, briefly wondering what Aleph was talking about, and closing his eyes in horror and turning away at the sight in the room.
* Maya_Mahabala winces, holding her nose. "He's filthy.  Chaining people like this is the worst..."  She shut the door suddenly to keep from looking at it more.  They seemed dead to her and she didn't want to investigate roting corpses.
<Anassia> "They might have been alive still," Anassia says to Maya softly, glancing to the other doors.
<Aleph> "...something tells me half those soldiers wouldn't have been working there if they knew what would happen to the people they were guarding."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Don't guess," She half closed her eyes.  "I would rather not know."
<Aleph> "...hm.  Might as well check this one out..." Leo opts to go up to the big red doors of doom.  Placing an ear up to them, at that
<Aleph> *Aleph
* Anassia follows behind Aleph as he moves to the door, glancing toward the statues again. "Let's hope this is not a trap."
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 RIGHT ROOM THIS TIME.
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=4]
<Merc-laptop> As Aleph places his ear on the red doors, he draws back in surprise. The doors are ice-cold! He didn't have much time to listen for anything, though he believes there was something or someone on the other side at least, as there was some noise. Before he can say anything though, the spot where his ear had been has begun turning white...
* Joins: Ataru (~Ataru@c-69-181-228-80.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
<Merc-laptop> The white spot seems to be growing, slowly most of the door turns white, bright, bright white...almost glowing.
<Anassia> "What did you do, Aleph?" Anassia asks, looking over to him.
* Aleph tries to pull himself away from the door
* Ataru is now known as Jack_
* Maya_Mahabala pulls up her sword, worried.  More magic?!
<Merc-laptop> Whatever he did doesn't seem to stop with him moving away. The doors are glowing bright white, pulsating before the doors flash back to red! Two orbs of light are now floating in front of the door, and then slam into the two statues next to the red door.
<Merc-laptop> The statues begin to move, their eyes glowing eery white.
<Merc-laptop> ooc: Initiative
<Aleph> "...I think we might've found -the- room to hit.  ...and some guards."
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 initiative
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=17]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=12]
<Anassia> "I hate being right!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=13]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=20]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=3]
<Merc> roll 2#d20+1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19, 18 >
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
* Merc changes topic to 'Jack > Aleph > Maya > Statue 1 > Statue 2 > Elise > Anassia > Davan'
<Anassia> "Why can't a statue ever /just/ be a statue?"
<Aleph> "because that'd be too convenient."
<Merc> ooc: Jack goes first. I'll assume you all moved within 30 feet away, so you can charge if you wish or get to them in a move action. Aleph is about 5 ft away from the one on the left side.
<Merc> ooc: well, there's a 5 ft gap between them, he's not 5 ft away.
* Jack_ charges the one on the left, drawing his swords as he swings
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+10
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 19, 23 >
<Merc> ooc: two hits
<Jack_> roll 2d6+14
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d6=3,6]
<Merc-laptop> Jack's blades slash at the first of the statues, the statue having yet totally come to life, and unable to defend itself as Jack attacks.
<Merc-laptop> ooc: Aleph
<Merc-laptop> ooc:statue having not yet*
* Aleph takes a quick step back from the nearer statue, sending three arrows towards the damnable thing.
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31, 23 >
<Aleph> (Threat!)
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=7]
<Merc-laptop> ooc: two hits
<Aleph> roll 2#1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17, 15 >
<Merc-laptop> Aleph's arrows dig into the slash wounds that Jack created, doing a lot of damage to the statue!
<Merc-laptop> ooc: Maya-kun
* Maya_Mahabala sways a bit back and then rushes forward toward the right statue, circling it quickly and running up along the wall beside it as she leaped to give more force to her slash before taking a quick twirl out of reach.  OOC: Jump Attack Challenge for 2 points.  Tumble Defense challenge for 2 points.  Expertise -5.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+18-2 (jump challenge)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 36 > [d20=20]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14 (Actual attack, doh :P should've rolled this first)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=5]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-2 (Tumble Defense)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=10]
<Merc-laptop> ooc: hit
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+8
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d8=6,5]
<Merc-laptop> ooc: actually, wait, going to try rolling against. They have minimal enough change to pass the tumble.
<Merc-laptop> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc-laptop invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=18]
<Merc-laptop> ooc: hah
<Merc-laptop> ooc: no tumble defensy for you
<Merc-laptop> Maya's acrobatic stunts let her fly around the still steady statue as her blade digs into it's metal body, scraping even more of it's 'flesh' off. With Jack the closest target, the creature apparently has decided to retaliate against him as the greatsword in its hands is brought up and then down towards Jack in two repetetive slashes.
<Merc-laptop> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc-laptop invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=13]
<Merc-laptop> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc-laptop invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=12]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: I struck the 'Right' one.  Not the left one everyone was attacking.  Just BTW~!
<Merc-laptop> ooc: alright
<Merc-laptop> roll 4d6+8 (seems to be two hits, so...owie)
<Penuche> Merc-laptop invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d6=2,5,1,6]
<Merc-laptop> ooc: You get DR 1d2 vs each attack it seems at least?
<Jack_> roll 2#1d2
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 1, 1 >
<Jack_> (y'know, I don't think I've taken that into account in the entire campaign)
<Jack_> "Unf"
<Merc-laptop> ooc: You actually haven't been targeted a lot, I think.
<Merc-laptop> The second statue attempts to go after Maya, charging after her.
<Merc-laptop> roll d20+15
<Penuche> Merc-laptop invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=5]
* Maya_Mahabala sways out of the way with a smile, the greatsword not even coming close.
<Merc-laptop> The statue's attack misses though, Maya dancing around it's downward slash!
<Merc-laptop> ooc: Elise
* Elise charges after the statue next to Maya, hammer swung round at the construct's head.
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=6]
* Elise charges after the statue next to Jack, hammer swung round at the construct's head.
<Elise> OOC: corrected line for the record.
<Merc-laptop> ooc: hit
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=2,4]
<Merc-laptop> The statue takes a beating as Elise's hammer smashes into it's body! But it was built to last, and still continues to stand, although it looks wobbly on it's feet from all the damage it's taken!
<Merc-laptop> ooc: Anassia
* Anassia eyes the statues, pulling her dagger from her belt even as energy crackles into existance around her free hand, throwing it toward the more-damaged deathstatue. Why are there always statues?!
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=20]
<Anassia> Insanity!
<Merc> ooc: Say insanity with () or ooc
<Merc> ooc =p
<Anassia> roll 1d6+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=3]
<Anassia> OOC:  And never!
* Quits: Merc-laptop (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) (Ping timeout)
<Merc> Anassia's attack hits, and opens it's wounds even more! Energy seems to be leaking from the numerous wounds on the ganged-up statue as Davan also moves towards it, moving around Elise to slash at it!
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=9]
<Merc> He barely misses though, now that the creature has been moving around, it seems more capable of blocking such attacks! Poor Davan, he hasn't been very helpful!
* Jack_ holds action
<Merc> ooc: Aleph!
* Aleph rolls back a bit, before firing a volley of three arrows at the still-going damaged uncrittable statue
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17, 15 >
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 FUCK YOU PENUCHE
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=2]
<Merc> ooc: miss, miss, miss
<Merc> The three arrows slam into the wall behind the statue. Ouch, of all the dirty, rotten luck.
<Aleph> OOC: Ready to say that's less of dirty, rotten luck and more of a divine curse
* Maya_Mahabala smiles and dances back and then leaps at the  statue she was distracting, slashing it's back quickly as she passes it before skipping again out of reach, luring it closer to the others.  OOC: Expertise -5.   Jump stunt for +2 attack bonus.  Tumble stunt for +2 ac afterwards. :)
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+18-2 jump
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 35 > [d20=19]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+16 attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=14]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-2 tumble AC
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 40 > [d20=20]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6 damage
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d8=7,4]
<Merc> Maya continues to distract the statue with her slashes!
<Merc> ooc: Jack, want to take action before the statues or still holding?
<Jack_> ooc: yeah, may as well
* Jack_ swings at the statue he engaged previously
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 24, 17 >
<Merc> ooc: hit/miss
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Merc> As jack swings both his blades, one misses the construct, but one of them stabs into it...it seems to have done enough damage as the cracks widen, and the statue begins to fall apart! A ball of crackling white energy continues to float in the air though, before it flings itself in the direction of one of the other statues in the room! OOC: Uh, yeah, so Jack/Davan/Elise get an AoO against the glowing ball of magic?
* Jack_ swings again
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=17]
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=4]
<Merc> Davan also reacts as he slashes at the glowing orb thing.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=17]
<Elise> roll 1d20+14 swing away!
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=3]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d8=1]
<Merc> ooc: Elise hits too!
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 not much AC on these guys I guess
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d6=4,1]
<Merc> ooc: not as orbs, nope
* Quits: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-31-155-13.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
<Merc> Two blades and a hammer attack at the orb as it floats away! The orb seems to decrease in size as it floats through the attacks, but contiues to float towards the next statue, slamming into it. You can see the eyes glowing white on the statue as it begins to stir!
* Joins: Anassia (~Navikarz@174-31-138-82.tukw.qwest.net)
<Merc> The second statue meanwhile keeps trying to attack Maya.
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=10]
<Merc> But it misses...
* Elise charges after the newly-infused statue. "You're supposed to stay dead when I kill you!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=19]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 yeah that surely hits
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=6,1]
<Merc> The statue takes the smashing without a care! While it's body cracks slightly, it is otherwise fresh and unharmed.
* Anassia throws another bolt of power toward the newly moving statue. "I hate these things," she mutters darkly.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=5]
<Merc> Anassia's magical blast scorches the door near the revived/new construct, as Davan moves to assist Elise with it, moving around so the two can flank the thing.
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d8=3]
<Merc> Davan actually hit! Wow or something. The strike causes a few more cracks.
* Jack_ attacks the nearest statue
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 13, 10 >
<Merc> ooc: miss/miss whichever he's attack
Session Close: Sun Oct 31 21:17:09 2010

Session Start: Sun Oct 31 21:17:09 2010
Session Ident: #truesteel
* Disconnected
* Attempting to rejoin channel #truesteel
* Rejoined channel #truesteel
* Topic is 'Jack > Aleph > Maya > Statue 1 > Statue 2 > Elise > Anassia > Davan'
* Set by Merc on Sun Oct 31 19:54:17
* ChanServ sets mode: +oa Glenn Glenn
* Quits: Merc (~k@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Glenn)))
* Glenn is now known as Merc
<Merc> No such luck, as Jack goes assist in attacking the statue that Davan and Elise are fighting.
* Aleph rolls toward the currently-being-assaulted statue, trying for at least one of those fancy trickshot deals that seems to work all the time for Maya.
<Aleph> !roll 1d20+14 Tumble vs. BAC
<Aleph> roll 1d20+14 Tumble vs. BAC
<Aleph> (...)
<Aleph> roll 1d20+14
* Joins: Penuche2 (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
* Quits: Penuche (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Penuche2)))
* Penuche2 is now known as Penuche
* ChanServ sets mode: +h Penuche
<Merc> ooc: okay, roll
<Aleph> roll 1d20+14 tumble vs. BAC
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+13 counter
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: have fun tumbling
<Aleph> (It loses its...1 point of DEX bonus.  I don't care)
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15, 20 >
<Merc> ooc: miss/hit
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=10]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Merc> An arrow slams into the statue's nose! It looks kind of awkward with a cracked face...
* Maya_Mahabala glances over, noticing them dealing with another one.  Where'd that one come from?  She gave a smirking smile to the unaware construct before her, taking another chance to dive around it, slashing at its back and pulling it away from the others this time.  She could keep it busy longer if they weren't finished.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+18-2 (Jump challenge to hit)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d20=18]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+16 actual attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=3]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-2 dodging back tumble defense
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 40 > [d20=20]
<Merc> Maya's attack misses somehow, even if it was a very impressive display of jumping and tumbling otherwise! The newly reborn statue meanwhile strikes at Elise with a small flurry of blows! The blade seems to move more rapidly than before!
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=17]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Merc> ooc: I'm assuming the first two hit? or just one?
<Merc> roll 4d6+8 nvm, I just checked. vs defense 17, two hits.
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=1,5,5,2]
<Merc> ooc: roll your 2#d3
<Merc> roll 2#d3 in Elise's place
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3, 2 >
<Merc> Elise takes two slashes, but the wounds are thankfully not too deep. The second statue continues to fruitlessly cut Maya to pieces!
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=10]
<Merc> Fruitlessly indeed...
<Merc> ooc: Back to powerhouse-napped Elise...will she return?
* Elise hammers away at the statue, hoping to smash it to pieces so the force possessing it can be struck again.
<Elise> roll 1d20+14 attack 1
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d20=20]
<Elise> roll 1d20+9 attack 2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=19]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=2,5]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d6=4,3]
<Merc> The statue is horribly damaged, it's arms bent awkwardly, but somehow it continues to wield it's greatsword properly!
* Anassia attempts to finish the most damaged one off as soon as possible, launching another bolt.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=5]
<Merc> Another scorch mark on the wall...
<Merc> Davan joins in on the ganging-up!
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=2]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=10]
<Merc> But he continues to be useless. Man, why did you guys take him along again?
* Jack_ delivers another two blows to the statue
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 28, 29 >
<Jack_> (of course, no crits on these things -_-)
<Jack_> roll 2d6+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d6=5,5]
<Merc> The statue truly looks like it's about to fall apart. Maybe just moving from its current spot would cause it to break apart!
* Aleph takes another step--this time to the south as he lets loose another volley of three arrows at the nearer statue.
<Aleph> (IE: The one that everyone's attacking)
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31, 15 >
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=15]
<Aleph> roll 2#1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13, 13 >
<Merc> ooc: actually....three hits. Rol another damage.
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Merc> The first attack finishes off the statue, another breaking apart. The second and third arrow, already on course, hit the glowing orb remaining behind, as it floats over the remains of the broken statue!
<Merc> After Aleph's attacks, the glowing orb seems to be flickering...as if having trouble holding coherence or something.
* Maya_Mahabala takes a moment to hop away from the unsteady one before her, leaping over near her allies to send her sword straight through the orb!  OOC: Expertise -5
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=6]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6 (pre-emptively)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d8=5,1]
<Merc> The...creature (ball of magic? Whatever) loses even more coherence as it tries to float towards the next statue...
<Merc> ooc: AoOs from....Elise, Jack, Davan. And I guess maybe Maya?
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=11]
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=4]
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=16]
<Merc> Even as others prepare to make attacks, Jack is fastest, as his single stab makes it flicker and pop into nothingness!
<Merc> The second statue meanwhile, having been ditched by his dance date, decides to go after the stronger sex, as it charges at Aleph!
<Merc> roll d20+15
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll 2d6+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d6=4,1]
<Merc> ooc: roll DR
<Aleph> roll 1d3
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> Aleph gets cut up! The statue likes his new playdate!
<Aleph> "Hey, someone get this thing off of me!"
* Elise runs over to the remaining statue. She's going to break something today, dammit!
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=7]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d6=1,2]
<Merc> Cracks form on it's chest as it stumbles!
* Anassia lets out a low sigh as the first of the magic orbs is gone, tossing another bolt at the remaining statue.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=20]
<Anassia> roll 1d6+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d6=4]
<Merc> Davan also goes to attack it like everyone else!
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d8=5]
<Merc> Some more cracks form from the attacks made by Anassia and Davan!
* Jack_ moves in to finish off the statue
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 27, 10 >
<Jack_> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d6=6]
<Merc> The statue does not shatter unfortunately. Maybe Aleph will be able to finishit off...
* Aleph jumps back a few feet before letting off three more shots at the statue. Like hell he's letting it hit him mid-shot
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12, 13 >
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=10]
<Merc> ooc: I jynxed it with my last line, didn't I?
* Maya_Mahabala dances around the crowd, leaning away to get around to its back and ducking low, bringing her blade up in a hard slash that cut through the statue!  OOC: Exp -5, Jump to Damage, Tumble away defense.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+18-2
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=6]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+14 actual attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=2]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-2 tumble away, oh well
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll d20+13 trying to counter the jump check
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll d20+13 trying to counter the tumble
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: no tumblies
<Merc> ooc: also, a miss
<Merc> The statue continues to try to cut Aleph, enjoying it's prior success or something.
<Merc> roll d20+13
<Merc> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=3]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=15]
<Merc> ooc: wait, scratch second
<Merc> ooc: forgot you moved, so he couldn't full attack.
<Merc> Unfortunately, its success does not carry on, missing on swing.
* Elise chases after that statue, swinging for a home run, trying to knock its head off.
<Elise> roll 1d20+14
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=16]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=3,1]
<Merc> ooc: here battah battah, here battah battah!
<Merc> The head goes flying down the hall as the body collapses! As before, a white orb floats in the air, helpless without it's statue armor!
* Anassia does what she does best! By which she has about 50/50 odds of hitting! Die, orb!
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=18]
<Anassia> roll 1d6+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=6]
<Merc> It doesn't seem to like Anassia's attack at all! It seemed to do more damage than the attacks the others made with the other orb...
<Merc> Davan doesn't seem to think much on that though, as he just attempts to run it through with his longsword.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d8=5]
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 16, 16 >
<Jack_> roll 2d6+12
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d6=5,2]
<Merc> Jack's attacks leave it's form all fuzzy and faded.
<Aleph> yeah, screw the fucking orb.  Three shots
<Aleph> roll 2#1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 19, 30 >
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: three hits
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 confirm
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=20]
<Merc> ooc: I doubt you even need to roll damage, but do so just for the heck of it. 2 hits, one crit
<Aleph> roll 4d8+36 crit
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 50 > [d8=7,2,2,3]
<Aleph> roll 2#1d8+9 hits
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 14, 10 >
<Merc> As Aleph's arrows slam into the ball of magic, it literally explodes, showering everyone in light...
<Merc> ooc: It doesn't do anything, just fyi.
* Anassia lifts a hand to cover her eyes instinctively, before looking around. "Well that was... interesting..."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Nice shot," Maya nodded, looking at the other statues and seeing if they wanted to join the fight.
<Aleph> "Heh.  I have to make up for the crappy ones somehow."
<Maya_Mahabala> "...so shall we see what's behind the creepy door?" Maya pushed it open.
* Aleph helps in pushing/pulling the damn thing open. "Chances are the guy we're after, given how it was, well...guarded. By statue orbs."
<Anassia> "I bet it's not going to be full of anything fun," Anassia comments as she moves to follow behind.  She keeps the dagger drawn, though.  Just in case.

Merc

Session Start: Sun Nov 14 17:37:46 2010

<Merc> This time, the door does not act strangely to your touch, though you have trouble moving it. The doors seem to be pretty thick and heavy.
<Merc> OOC: strength checks from the weakling Maya/Aleph
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20-1 PENUCHE
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=16]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+3 PENUUUUUUUUUUCHE
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=15]
<Merc> As Maya and Aleph put some effort into it, the twin doors slowly begin to slide inward. The two push and push until the two are open just enough that they can all step into the darkened room one by one.
* Aleph questions why he had the statues there anyway. The damn door was hard enough as-is
<Anassia> "Yes, this is not creepy at all," Anassia comments flatly.  "And it doesn't seem to be a trap at all..."
<Jack_> "No need to jynx us."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Some light,"  Maya asked simply.
* Aleph starts looking through his pack
<Merc> Slowly, torches begin to light up around the room as the group enters, starting with those closest to where the group is entering from, until the whole room is lit up by pale torchlight. At the back of the room is a throne, and sitting there is a bored looking elderly man, with eerie piercing eyes.
<Merc> "So, my guests have arrived..." he says as he starts to stand.
<Merc> "And I see Victor seems to have betrayed me..." he adds, turning to look at Davan.
<Merc> "No matter."
<Aleph> "...if this is some summoning ritual for some creature that'll end the world in a thousand years, I'm going home."  Aleph rolls his eyes.
<Elise> "Were you just sitting here in the dark waiting for us to arrive? What a strange old man!"
<Maya_Mahabala> "You know, as a dramatic entrance this isn't so bad.  But really, you could've met us a few floors down," Maya didn't even give the poor man much credit really, thinking along with Elise that really, waiting in the dark was quite...
<Anassia> "If you knew we were coming, why wouldn't you..." Anassia says, quirking an eyebrow slightly.
<Merc> The old man laughs, stroking his beard. "Mmm...I was curious to see how much you knew, as you explored my castle...I know all that happens in these grounds," he says. "It seems you know nothing at all, bumbling around like fools. Amusing really. So you're here knowing nothing, and hope to take my head then?"
* Aleph shrugs.
<Anassia> "I know that you've been doing experiments... albiet I've not been able to read up on them," she admits, frowning slightly.  "They /look/ interesting, though."
<Elise> "I might just bash it in first. You're clearly the villain, after all!"
<Aleph> "At least we don't have a particularly unhealthy obsession with large reptiles."  Aleph comments.  "But hey, not every day I get to be in something that feels like all those legendary dramatic final battles people keep writing about."
<Maya_Mahabala> "I think we do have to take it.  But it won't be a big loss.  He's already old, so we're sparing him the worst years," Maya shifted, ready to dash at him.
<Merc> He laughs again. "Child, those experiments are nothing. The people of this world are nothing..." He begins laughing in a loud booming voice. "-You- are nothing! -I- am nothing! Come, foolish children, take my head! I have no need of it any longer...but I believe I shall make you work for it, oh yes I shall!"
<Merc> ooc: Initiative
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=9]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=14]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=4]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=8]
<Anassia> "He doesn't need his head?" Anassia asks, looking to the others.  "I think he might be mad."
<Aleph> "I surmised that from his facial hair and tendencies to lock himself in dark rooms that light when other people enter."
<Merc> roll d20+2 davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=13]
<Merc> roll d20+6 ranus
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=16]
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
* Merc changes topic to 'Anti-climatic fight ahead, ho! Snickersnack went the blade! ...nah, not really. || Ranus > Elise > Davan > Maya > Aleph > Anassia > Jack'
<Merc> Ranus raises his hands, magical energy exploding from his fingertips, blasting towards the whole lot of you!
<Merc> ooc: everybody roll will save
<Anassia> roll 1d20+5 Yay, low saves
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=10]
<Jack_> roll 1d20+7 are we ever gonna get a reflex save? :(
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=1]
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=8]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+8 at least this isn't a fort save...
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Elise> roll 1d20+4+2 oh great, will saves may as well use my 1/day bonus here
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll d20+3 davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d20=1]
<Merc> roll 2d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d4=4,2]
<Merc> Everyone feels something...-tear- from their bodies. As they all try to figure out what just happened, your shadows seem to flicker in the pale torchlight, and then...rise, copies of yourself arising from the ground, staring back at their respective owner with glowing red eyes. But... Elise herself sees nothing of the sort after feeling that tearing sensation, her eyes focused on nothing but Ranus!
<Maya_Mahabala> "W-what the heck?"  Maya frowned at the creepy doppleganger of herself.
<Aleph> "...oh, you have got to be shitting me."
<Merc> "Demon magic!" exclaims Davan as he readies his blade and shield to face off against his own shadow mimicking his action!
<Merc> ooc: Elise go
* Elise hefts her hammer and charges at the villain. "In the name of God, I will crush that vile head of yours into gooey pink bits. Prepare to be gooified!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+14+2 chaaarrge
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=3]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 damage
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d6=6,5]
* Aleph looks over at Elise. "...seems like a solid idea. Take out the caster, it might take out the shadows."
<Merc> Elise's hammer smashes into Ranus, a loud crack ringing out as the old man's shoulder ends up looking bent. Meanwhile, Davan's shadow hisses as it finishes rising and charges at him.
<Merc> roll d20+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=17]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d8=4]
<Merc> Davan winces as he is stabbed by his own shadow! "Dark magic, return to where you came from!" he exclaims as he attempts to return the favor.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Merc> roll d20+5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=12]
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d8=6]
<Merc> roll d8+3
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d8=8]
<Merc> As Davan swings his blade, the shadow falls apart against his two strikes!
<Merc> roll d2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d2=2]
<Merc> ooc: Maya go
* Maya_Mahabala eyes her double, but decides instead to make Ranus pay for such things, dashing by with quick strides as she moved to close, leaping over Elise's head to slam her sword down upon Ranus' head and then leaping over to be next to her evil double.  OOC: Exp -5, Tumble to hit.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+22-4 (Aiming for +3 to hit
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=13]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+17 actual attack
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=4]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 2d8+6
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d8=7,2]
<Merc> As Maya finishes her jump, her own shadow flickers as it leaps into action! Having landed next to her, Maya has a chance to quickly strike it before it can start moving...
<Merc> ooc: you get an AoO against your shadow.
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=5]
<Merc> Maya misses as her shadow shows her what it's like to be on the other side of the speed game, flickering around her blade like it was nothing, and dashing, bouncing against a wall and spinning as its shadowy blade slashes through a torch, trails of fire following as the shadowy being rushes for Maya from the other side!
<Merc> roll d20+22-5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: ouch
<Merc> ooc: want to roll against that? =p
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: I auto succeed actually :P  Whether that's a To hit or a tumble thing. :P  Why do you ask? :)
<Merc> ooc: heh
<Merc> roll d20+14 attack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=3]
<Merc> ooc: your shadow sucks at attacking
<Aleph> ooc: everything sucks at attacking Maya
<Merc> Maya's shadow spins and trips as it tries to hit Maya, it's shadowy ass on display to all the others but Elise. Thank goodness shadows don't portray details very well, or that might have been embarrassing!
<Merc> roll d2
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d2=1]
* Topic is 'Anti-climatic fight ahead, ho! Snickersnack went the blade! ...nah, not really. || Ranus > Elise > Davan > Maya > Aleph > Anassia > Jack'
* Set by Merc on Sun Nov 14 19:03:00
<Maya_Mahabala> "Really..not only did you make a poor shadowy copy, but it also is clumsy?  That's kind of insulting," She drolly bantered with Ranus, probably nursing his multiple cuts at this point.
<Merc> Meanwhile, Aleph's shadow finishes rising, a bow of darkness forming in its fingers, as it jumps backwards, moving a bit further from Aleph before firing three arrows at Aleph!
<Merc> roll d20+11
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> "...you know, that'd be hot if it weren't a...creepy shadow thing."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Having me trip would be hot?" Maya pouted, a bit offended by Aleph's turn of phrase as his shadow missed by a mile.
<Merc> roll d20+11
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=6]
<Merc> roll d20+7
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=15]
<Merc> roll d8+9
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d8=2]
<Aleph> roll 1d3 armor
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d3=1]
<Merc> Aleph's shadow seems to have similar luck with the bow as the person it was copied from, two arrows impacting against the wall, though one arrow strikes true, slamming into Aleph's shoulder painfully!
* Aleph was, admittedly, distracted by ass. As he growls at his own copy. "Excuse me. Did I tell YOU to butt in? No. I don't care if you're jealous of me, or wanted Maya for yourself. Either way, I don't approve of the tactics."...right before sending out a volley of six arrows--sacrificing accuracy for flat out quantity...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=18]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=15]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=19]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 confirm
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: all of those hit/confirm~
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 shot 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d8=3]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 shot 2
<Aleph> roll 4d8+36 crit
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 57 > [d8=4,8,8,1]
<Merc> The first two arrows slam into the shadows own shoulders, the shadow being tossed against the door before the third arrow flies into its chest, like a flash, obliterating it in a burst of sound, the arrow embedded deeply into the now cracked door.
<Merc> roll d2
<Merc> ooc: Anassia go
* Aleph decides to take another peek at tripped Shadow Maya's ass before focusing back on the fight at hand
* Maya_Mahabala sways around turning her attention mostly to Ranus at this point.
* Anassia blinks a few times as she sees... herself. Kind of. Sorta. "I... have not heard of this spell," she comments flatly, lifting the knife into a defensive position as energy crackles around her other hand again, flinging it at the shadow again; really, she doesn't know its capabilities, but if /it/ can cast, that might be a little too much trouble. Or, then again, given how well she
* Anassia can cast half the time...
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=3]
<Merc> Anassia's little magic show fizzles out as her own shadow attempts to copy her actions, hopefully (unhopefully?) with better luck.
<Merc> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=3]
<Merc> Nope, she did a little too good a job of copying her!
<Merc> Both blasts of magic fly past the other, missing in tandem, like a mirror image!
<Merc> It's really kind of freaky!
<Merc> roll d2
<Anassia> "I guess we kinda suck," Anassia remarks to the shadow, amused.
<Merc> ooc: Jack, go
* Jack_ decides to ignore his shadow in favor of downing the lizard fetishist ASAP
<Merc> ooc: you can't flank with Elise without opening yourself to an AoO.
* Jack_ rushes Ranus, unsheathing his blades into two powerful strikes
<Merc> ooc: then again, he's a caster, so what can he AoO you with, right? >_>
<Jack_> (ooc no guts no glory)
<Jack_> roll 2#1d20+10
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 25, 16 >
<Merc> ooc: hit/miss
<Aleph> (I'd be more careful about the shadow myself)
<Jack_> roll 5d6+7
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d6=3,5,6,4,6]
<Merc> As Jack's sword slashes at Ranus, his head comes flying off, Jack's blade slashing through his neck before he can cast his next spell! The spellcaster looks aghast in his final moments, even as Jack's shadow runs towards Jack from behind and attempts to stab him!
<Merc> roll 2#d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19, 26 >
<Merc> roll 2d6+12
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d6=6,2]
<Jack_> roll 2#1d2
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 1, 2 >
* Merc changes topic to 'Anti-climatic fight ahead, ho! Snickersnack went the blade! Actually, I guess it did go snicker-snack. || Elise > Davan > Maya > Aleph > Anassia > Jack'
<Merc> ooc: Elise can go and attack uhm...?
* Elise looks around, relaxes. "Victory! Righteousness has prevailed this day! Is everyone alright?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "That was...a bit easy wasn't it," Maya glanced around.
<Merc> ooc: Shadows are still there. Elise just can't see 'em
<Aleph> "...yeah, except that I just learned what it felt like to get shot by my own arrows"
<Merc> "It is not yet over! Still some of our shadows remain even with Ranus defeated!" Davan exclaims, as he rushes towards the shadow self of Anassia. Elise is left looking in confusion, still not seeing shadows, only the actions of all the others as they slash themselves or attack the room itself!
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=3]
<Aleph> "So much for the effect dying with the caster."
<Elise> "What--did Davan get hit in the head?"
<Merc> Davan slashes at thin air, missing Anassia's shadow.
<Merc> ooc: Maya go.
<Aleph> "Weird magic stuff, Elise."
<Maya_Mahabala> "You don't see them, Elise?" Maya sounded a little confused.  "Ranus drew forth shadow things to attack us."  She wondered if they were really there at all from Elise's strange responses.  OOC: Moving around, but Disbelieve?
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+6 (Assuming Will Save like D&D)
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=6]
<Merc> Nope, the shadow self of herself is still there, picking itself up and running towards Maya again, jumping over her head and slashing at her from behind!
<Merc> roll d20+22+5
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=6]
<Merc> ooc: fake Maya sucks at these rolls.
<Merc> ooc: also that should be -5.
<Merc> roll d20+14
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=16]
<Merc> ooc: I do think that hits though.
<Merc> roll 2d8+6 going to wait on Drac saying if that hit or not before subtracting HP.
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d8=8,4]
<Maya_Mahabala> OOC: I suppose so.  I didn't activate any actual extra defenses.
<Merc> Elise can only watch as Maya asks her strange question before stabbing herself!
<Elise> "I only see you STABBING YOURSELF, Maya! Why are you doing that?!"
<Merc> ooc: Rest of you can attempt to disbelieve your shadows with a +2 bonus on your turn.
<Aleph> "MAGIC STUFF, ELISE.  That is all the explanation we have."  He levels his bow at Maya's creepy duplicate...and only fires one arrow, keeping aim (Move-action aim at Shadow-Maya, shooting once)
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=14]
<Merc> ooc: gimme a quick sec to check, but I believe that hits as I didn't combat expertise with the shadow.
<Merc> ooc: it hit
<Merc> ooc: silly shadow, should have done bullshit stuff like Maya.
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d8=2]
<Merc> The arrow catches the shadow in mid-jump, it's attempt to escape with a flip calculated by Aleph! The arrow makes the shadow disappear as it flies right through it and embeds itself on the ceiling.
<Merc> ooc: 'living' shadows remaining: Anassia/Jack
<Aleph> "I don't care if you fall and show your ass.  No hurting real Maya."  Aleph glares at the shadow-copy of Maya as it fades away
<Maya_Mahabala> "You know...It's been a very long time since I got hit like that," She frowned a bit, patting her side a bit tenderly.
<Anassia> "I guess that he casts different spells than I'm used to..." Anassia says, thoughtfully as she throws another ball of lightning at her shadow-monster.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=9]
<Anassia> ooc Whoa, really?
<Anassia> roll 1d6+4
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=3]
<Merc> Anassia's shadow also goes bye-bye, as the blast of magic tears it apart!
<Jack_> (you said we could roll for disbelief, right?)
<Merc> ooc: yep
<Jack_> roll 1d20+9 to reject this reality and substitute my own
<Penuche> Jack_ invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ...taking Elise's words into account, Jack chooses -not- to believe in the fantasy that Ranus created for them, ignoring as the shadow attempts to attack him once more, the blades slashing through him but doing no damage before the shadow falls apart on its own!
<Jack_> "Huh, fancy that."
<Merc> Except for Elise and Jack though, the others see the shadow inflict painful wounds on Jack! It's actually kind of disgusting to see Jack look so...unbothered by the blood gushing from his head!!!
<Merc> ooc: +5 to disbelieve now for the rest of you.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+13
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d20+8 davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=17]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=20]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=12]
<Merc> For the others, watching that morbid scene is enough, and after seeing Jack's head get cut off, but still remain atop his body, they realize the truth with disgust.
<Merc> ooc: free actions
<Anassia> "Well, that was... gross," Anassia says, blinking around the room. 
<Anassia> She does, however, check that the body of the magus is still existant.
<Aleph> "That was...screwed up.  My shoulder hurts like crazy."
<Merc> The room remains palely lit, their shadows seem back in place, and Ranus's body seems be laying in a pool of blood, the body crumpled near the throne, and the head just laying a short distance off.
<Aleph> "...Is it weird that I don't trust him to be dead at this point?"
<Merc> ooc: Any particular action you guys are taking in regards to Ranus body?
<Maya_Mahabala> "Magic," Maya frowned, saying it like a curse.  "No, I don't trust him to be dead either.  What kind of idiot waits by himself in a dark room for those who are trying to kill him?"
<Anassia> "I dunno.  His head seems to be off..." she starts toward the body cautiously, intent on searching.  "And hey!"
* Elise shrugs. "He was an evil person. They don't always make sense."
* Aleph goes to carefully check the corpse for anything resembling important stuff. Notes, valuables, et cetera...
<Merc> The body doesn't seem to react to Anassia's search, her search impeded by anything but the shadow her own body casts on Ranus' corpse.
<Merc> Aleph similarly finds nothing except his own shadow. The robes do look like rather nice material...well, outside of the blood.
* Anassia makes a disappointed noise. "I was hoping to find his spellbook," she says, sighing.
<Aleph> "...hm.  Maybe we can at least clean and sell the robes?  It looks like they're made of something nice."
<Elise> "Maybe it was downstairs in one of those rooms. Do you really want it, though? Maybe it'll turn you evil, just like him!"
<Aleph> "...aside from the blood."
<Anassia> "Please, magic can't turn you evil..." Anassia says, rolling her eyes slightly.  "You either are or you aren't..." she trails off, frowning at the body.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Are you sure?  What about magic making us all see things that weren't there?" Maya wondered back.
<Anassia> "That's easy.  It's like making you not see what /is/ there," she mumbles.  "Why doesn't he have a shadow?"
<Merc> Anassia seems to be right. It's a little hard to tell until Anassia and Aleph move away from the body, but the body doesn't seem to be casting a shadow of it's own, even with the light from torches.
<Aleph> "...okay, that really isn't right."
<Aleph> "Burn it."
<Elise> "Shadows? I just saw everybody attacking themselves." Elise shrugs.
<Anassia> "Burn it?" Anassia asks, quirking an eyebrow.  "That's a bit of a leap..."
<Aleph> "Just do it.  I'd rather be thorough about him."
<Merc> Davan frowns. "We don't need the body anyhow, the head should be sufficient proof for prince Victor of this success."
<Anassia> "Fine, whatever," Anassia says, rolling her eyes slightly.  "You get to drag him outside, then."  She's not really going to argue, since there's nothing magical on his person.
<Merc> OOC: Any plans to check rest of castle, attempting to use necklace to teleport back, or what?
* Aleph does try to remove the robe first, though
<Aleph> OOC: I'd try the necklace
<Jack_> ooc I vote we keep looking
<Maya_Mahabala> "I really wonder if we actually just fought him at all," Maya still sounded questioning.  THe whole scenario seemed a bit unreal.
<Merc> As Aleph pulls off the robe, he doesn't find any trouble with the action. He does notice a lot of black patches of skin all over Ranus' body when he does so though. It doesn't look like an injury or any such thing, just...solid black skin instead of healthy looking skin.
<Anassia> "oookay," Anassia says, glancing down to the body.  "I think we might have found his shadow."
<Aleph> "...That...is fucked up."
<Elise> "Ew, he looks diseased. You don't want to put that robe on, I hope, Aleph? you might catch the evil!"
<Aleph> "Hey, I'm not intending to put it on.  I'd rather clean it and have it sold.  Looks like it might go for a good deal of money."
* Anassia will bend down over to see if his skin is blackened somehow, or if it's his shadow or what. "Just don't mention where you got it. Or what the past owner looked like..."
<Aleph> "Yeah, not going to."
<Merc> Davan frowns as he turns away from the body, focusing on wrapping the head up in some cloth so he can carry the decapitated head. As Anassia tries to examine the body, it's kind of hard to really tell if that's his shadow or what. Shadows do change in size, but wrap around the body? Cover portions of the body with no rhyme nor reason?
<Merc> ooc: spellcraft check
<Merc> ooc: alternatively know:arc
* Quits: Anassia (~Anassia@174-21-113-80.tukw.qwest.net) (Ping timeout)
* Joins: Anassia (~Anassia@174-31-131-86.tukw.qwest.net)
<Anassia> roll 1d20+17 Behold, I get to use my +17 skill!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=2]
<Merc> Anassia still isn't so sure just -what- that is. It feels like it's some corruption of magic though. It's hard to tell if it's connected to his shadow or not, but whatever it is, it couldn't have been good for his health.
* Aleph rolls up the robe, at that, before trying to stuff it in his pack
<Aleph> "So, uh...what's the verdict?"
<Merc> Davan just waits, knowing that outside of Anassia activating that necklace again, the only other way out is through a bunch of soldiers and dinosaurs.
<Maya_Mahabala> "What did we just kill?" Maya wondered, hoping Anassia would figure it out.
<Anassia> "Apparently, his magic did that to him," she says, standing after a moment and brushing her hands off.  "I don't think he meant for it to happen, though..."
<Anassia> "Maybe it's what made him go mad."
<Aleph> "...that's...rather disturbing to think about."
* Jack_ is now known as Ataru
<Maya_Mahabala> "If we're sure we have him, let's get going.  If we're not, let's go find him.  The longer we stay here, the more likely we'll be discovered."
<Anassia> "Either way, I think we may have done /him/ a favor..." she says softly, looking down at the body again.
<Aleph> "I'm pretty sure we have him.  That pendant look like it's still out, Anassia?"
* Anassia /does/ check that the pendant is charged enough to start their whirlwind adventure back home.
<Merc> The pendant looks to still be pretty discharged, honestly. It's charged up a bit from all the magic being tossed around and just the general feel of the castle, but definitely less glow than before you left. It's up to you if you want to risk using it with its current charge. It might work...
<Anassia> "This /might/ work," Anassia says, nodding.  "Everyone get close and let's get out of this place."
<Aleph> "Right, let's."  Aleph moves close.
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, hope we don't lose anybody," She got in close to Anassia, practically on top of her since she didn't want to be left behind here alone.
<Elise> "Are you sure this is safe? Although I guess there's not much choice. We can't really walk back if we're not totally sure where we are in the first place..." Elise shrugs and complies.
<Merc> Davan and Jack also step in close.
<Merc> ooc: roll UMD, and make it so!
<Aleph> "Hey...you okay, Maya?"  Aleph looks over at the girl and her wounds
<Anassia> "I'm never sure this is safe, Elise," Anassia says, before using ze amulet!
<Anassia> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=3]
* Maya_Mahabala smiles a bit wanly. "I'll be better after a bit of rest."
<Merc> ooc: will save for Anassia, fort save for the others.
<Anassia> roll1 d20+6
<Anassia> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d20+5 Jack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=13]
<Merc> roll d20+4 Davan
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=7]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Maya_Mahabala invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=10]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=1]
<Elise> roll 1d20+9 to not implode
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll 3#2d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4, 5, 6 >
<Merc> As all of you vanish, you reappear in the forest you'd left from! The effort seems to have completely wiped Anassia though, as she collapses, all of her magical reserves emptied, and she feels as if a shock has run through her. Aleph and Davan also feel a shock run through their bodies, slightly more painful!
<Merc> But...you're out of immediate danger at least!
<Merc> No more creepy castles!
<Maya_Mahabala> "Is everyone alright?" Maya looked a bit winded, and well, cut up, but she was still on her feet.
<Aleph> "Aaaagh!"  ...Aleph is...notably in pain from that shock, before looking around.
<Anassia> "...ow," Anassia says, softly as she lies on the ground.  "That was not as smooth..."  She tries to lift herself from the ground slowly after a few moments.
<Aleph> "...yeah, I am...though that wasn't fun."  he says...
<Merc> Davan drops on one knee as well, but quickly stands back up, wincing as he does so. "We all seem to have made it in one piece at least..." he says as he looks around, everyone present.
* Elise seems to have come through in pretty good shape, at least. She walks over to Anassia. "Are you alright? I can carry you if you can't walk."
* Maya_Mahabala crouches down, helping Anassia up.  "Let's get to a place to rest.  We can relax then."
<Aleph> "...just...ugh.  That was some degree of messed up."
<Aleph> "Hey, you okay, Maya?"
<Merc> "Will you folks accompany me back to Prince Victor's side, or will we be parting ways here?" Davan asks curiously.
* Anassia stands carefully, the world spinning for a moment. Or five. "I'm fine, honestly," she says. "Just need a quick breather is all..."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Not really, but I can walk," Maya nodded.  "I think we should make our way back rather than overstay our welcome here..." She smirked a bit at the thought they were welcomed.
<Aleph> "...yeah.  Something tells me Victor wouldn't want us here much longer anyway."
<Anassia> "Sorry about the whole... beating you thing," Anassia says to the knight.  "But you got a head out of it, at least."
<Merc> The knight nods. "We had our reasons to fight then, I suppose. While I regret the death of my men, at least war between our kingdoms won't come to pass any longer," he says. "If we are parting ways here, then I wish you luck on your travel home."
<Aleph> "And you too with matters over here."
<Anassia> "Maybe we'll see you again." Anassia says, waving to him.  "And, uh, if there's a mob hunting for traitors, just make something up."
<Merc> "Rumors about the prince being kidnapped are surely gone by now. The prince should have returned to the capital time ago," the knight assures them as he starts to head towards the capital.
* Aleph nods. "So, shall we be on our way?"
<Anassia> "Don't forget to not mention us," Anassia calls after him, before nodding to Aleph.  "It's weird, going back."
<Elise> "It'll be good to be home again, yes. Let's go!"
* Quits: Penuche (~penuche@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) (Quit: -=SysReset 2.55=-)
* Aleph walks close to Maya, looking slightly awkward and asking quietly "Hey...ah...would you want to share a drink tonight? For real this time, I mean."
<Maya_Mahabala> She glanced over at him.  "Sure, Just a drink though," She teased.