News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

[31] Shopping in Viridian

Started by Merc, March 27, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

<Merc> When last left, the group of Adallian-born adventurers had crossed into the Vyrdam Republic, and having dealt with a pack of some rather large and hungry mountain wolves, made their way to Viridian, capital of their rival nation, home of their old 'friend' Prince Victor, and final destination of the caravan master they had been protecting along the way.
<Merc> Payment in hand, the group is now left to decide how to proceed, whether to search for more jobs, simply mingle and shop, or keep on traveling south towards the mystical and strange lands of Dalewyn.
* Brina walks sedately through the town, enjoying the sights and idly browsing the wares, only really looking for perhaps a new set of clothes and armor.
* Aleph walks through town as well, looking at varied things offered by vendors as well, eyeing varied oddities mainly
* Anassia walks with the others casually, trying to not crane her neck to continually look around at the largest city she's seen.  In that regard, she is somewhat successful; however she does look at the vendors interestedly.  It's all so... new!
* Maya_Mahabala directly glances over the local fashions, looking to see for anything of interest.
* Aleph also, of course, takes glances at some of the more distinctive locals. And Maya if he feels he has a chance at sneaking a look without getting caught.
* Brina stares flatly at Aleph with a single raised eyebrow.
<Aleph> "...what?"
* Brina silently shakes her head in disappointment.
<Merc> Aleph's eyes are attracted to a bowyer's shop...as well as a hammock shop and the pretty pigtailed girl trying to draw people to her shop. Oh, what a dream it would be to have a hammock, with Maya and the pretty shoplady feeding him grapes and Brina/Anassia feeding him grapes!
<Merc> Maya meanwhile notes quite a few fashion shops and stands, all filled with different styles, some that she's seen before, including a few of the jungle styles from Farvona, and some less familiar. Oh this could be fun!
<Merc> Brina and Anassia take all this and more, restaurants, food stands, even book stores (though would they have any magic books? Doubtful...right?) and much much more.
<Merc> ooc: Brina/Anassia feeding him grapes! -> fanning him
<Anassia> ooc: I was going to make a comment on redundancy, but decided against it :3
<Merc> ooc: redundancy department called in, saying redundant line was redundant due to redundancy, yes.
<Merc> ooc: typo department argued that this was their case though.
<Aleph> ...a smile ends up creeping on Aleph's face as he daydreams, walking along the path a bit...obliviously
<Maya_Mahabala> "Come on, we have plenty of time before we need to hunt down a place for the night," Maya picked one, leading into it.  "We should try on some things."
* Brina nods and smiles slightly at Maya.
<Anassia> Anassia looks to the book shops in question curiously as they walk past them.  Surely it wouldn't be /too much a hassle to check them, after all.  When Maya starts to lead the others, she speaks up. "I think I'm going to look somewhere else," she says, blandly, having no desire to be roped into another of Maya's shopping extravaganzas.
* Aleph blinks and notices that the others have gone elsewhere, looking back quickly to at least try to see where the group's going.
<Merc> Maya waltzes into a shop with a lot of silk fabrics, the clothing is pleasant to the touch as she looks through some of the dresses on the racks, and in the bakc of the shop they can even see some people working with the product. It's entertaining to see silk going from messy balls into what could be used to make this clothing...although the price seems somewhat high to Maya. Is silk so good that it's that costly?
<Maya_Mahabala> "Oh, well, if you want.  Let's meet up in a couple of hours by that fountain," She smiled, swaying into the silk shop and considering.  Well, she'd have to see as she went to take a glimpse of their fashions.  "You're coming, right Aleph?  And you should too, Brina.  Getting a new outfit is half the fun of taking in a new city."
<Merc> Aleph just watches as Maya and Anassia go their separate ways, with a little bell ringing as Anassia enters one of the book shops. An elderly man looks up from the counter and gives a welcoming smile to Anassia. "Ah, a young one! We don't see quite so many of you around in shops such as this, miss!"
* Brina nods.
<Brina> "After the wolves, I've lost a set of clothing. It would best to replace it."
<Aleph> "Ah, yeah..."  Aleph quickly runs in the direction that Maya and Brina went.  Stupid daydreams.
<Aleph> ...nice daydream, but stupid and needs to not happen IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN
<Anassia> Anassia blinks a few times to the man.  "Really?" she asks, idly.  "A shame."  Curiously, she glances into the heart of the store.  Of course, if they had any books that were valuable, they probably wouldn't be on the sales floor... but it's worth a shot...
<Merc> The old man laughs. "Well, the books we sell tend not to have a lot of illustrations, the only thing that seems to attract young men into this shop are advice on wooing the young ladies, I must say."
<Anassia> "...you have books on that?" she asks, glancing back to the man, bewhildered.
<Merc> "I have books on many things indeed, and quite a few on that subject since it sells so well. Interested in attracting a boy of your own, miss? Or are you looking for something else?" he teases kindly.
<Anassia> "I certainly hope I wouldn't need a book for /that/," Anassia responds, shaking her head slightly.  "No, I was looking for something more... esoteric."
<Merc> ooc: Let's take Aleph/Brina to #truesteel2 and do something with you there, that way I don't get mixed up between you guys and Anassia
<Merc> "Oh? Such as what, my yound scholarly friend? I have books on many subjects, I can only hope my small shop has something you would care to buy!"
<Anassia> "I'm something of a collector," she lies, glancing at the shelves again.  "And I'm looking for rare tomes,"
<Merc> The old man laughs again. "Well, that doesn't quite narrow things down. Are you sure it's not romance you're looking for? You seem very interested in not sharing!" he teases. Around her immediate area, most of the books she sees cover just about every subject...except magic. Well, except maybe that book on Dalewyn in the area detailing nations. Surely that book would have -something-, although likely not new spells or the like.
<Anassia> She moves over to the book, picking it up idly and looking it over.  "I assure you, romance is the furthest thing from my mind.  I was just hoping that you might have come into the possession of some... manuscripts that I might purchase."
<Merc> "Manuscripts of what sort?" he asks, as he tries to narrow his eyes and get a good look at the book you picked up. He can probably tell its on some nation, but unfortunately, those particular books are on the opposite side of the shop and you've kept him from really getting a good book at the specific book you've started mousing over. The book seems to mostly have
<Merc> history and random trivia about the country, although there is a few chapters covering Norwic.
<Anassia> Curiously, she flips to the chapter on Norwic.  "You know... handwritten, someone brought to you to sell for a few coppers..." she shrugs nonchalantly.
<Merc> "Ah! Amateur novels! Yes, we do have quite a few in the back. They are not particularly organized, I'm afraid, as they don't usually sell for very much, though we have quite the assortment of subjects. Romance, fantastic adventures, magical rituals, and so forth. All exagerations, surely, but bound to be interesting as well!"
<Anassia> She looks up at the mention of magical rituals, blinking a few times.  Just... in the back, open to the public?  "I'll... go take a look, then," she says, shutting the book.  "You get them very often?"
<Merc> Nothing very exciting was detailed about Norwic. Quite a lot of random and interesting trivia to be sure, but nothing quite to her interests. "Not particularly. Here and then, here and then, and only if I feel it's interesting enough that it might sell. Some of those 'spells' written by those would-be magicians can be a hoot though."
<Merc> He starts laughing as he gets a faraway look in his eyes, remembering.
<Anassia> She shuts the book, replacing the book onto a shelf as she moves to the back curiously.  "Is there a lot of those around here?" she asks, intrigued.  When she reaches the back, she begins to look through the manuscripts in question.
<Merc> The old man shrugs, though Anassia misses it as she has her back to him, making her way into the back of the shop. There stands a wall filled with scrolls upon scrolls tied up, no real description of what is what amongst them. "Spells and chants? There are a few to be sure, though I could not give you an exact number. You would just have to browse and hope you find them. Are you a budding magician yourself then?" he asks.
<Anassia> Anassia glances to the man, before shrugging.  "Something like that," she comments, beginning to unfurl the scrolls carefully.
<Merc> The first scroll she finds has a delicious looking recipe for some butter-grilled raptor flank steaks. The second has a...very VERY steamy story that has her quickly closing the scroll. The third has a spell! Yay! It's on...on making mops that clean things on their own?
<Anassia> Anassia closes that scroll, although she briefly considers buying the second for Aleph as a joke, before she realizes that she is assuming he can read.  Oh, well.  She continues looking through the scrolls for anything that seems to be even halfway legitimate.
<Merc> ooc: About how long are you willing to spend searching? Searching -everything- would run you well past the supposed time to meet back up with the others, but you could probably browse through a fair chunk of scrolls before then.
<Anassia> Enough to not make her late and give herself a decent chance of finding anything.  On that note...  "I don't suppose you've any system for determining what these are?" she asks the man, curiously.
<Merc> "Not particularly. I try to organize them from time to time, but most people that go looking at them don't put them back in order and eventually I just really gave up on doing anything besides shoving them in randomly. It seems to encourage people to buy things they hadn't planned to, so why not?"
<Anassia> "I.... suppose that actually makes a lot of sense," Anassia admits, glancing back to the scrolls.
<Merc> Searching through the large collection of scrolls eventually brings up fifteen other spells, and two or three other scrolls with...different subjects of interest. None of the spells seem particularly high level, though all of them -seem- like they'd be possible. Well, except for the one that teleports in a well-built lover to your bed. Yes, surely that one is a joke...
<Anassia> She will gather up the scrolls (different subjects of interest?) finally, stretching out.  "How much are these, by the way?" she finally thinks to ask.
<Merc> ooc: I don't know, make something up that you think would be amusing, yet random enough to end up in a scroll!
<Anassia> (( Hah~ ))
<Merc> "A gold coin for each. Though for a scholar such as yourself, I shall say three coins net you a fourth for free."
<Anassia> "So little?" she asks, blinking a few times.  Maybe her standard of living has become somewhat skewed for having an all-expense paid trip to foreign nations.  "Do you have any map?" she asks, curiously; she's unsure if the maps they have detail their destination in any specificity.
<Merc> The shopkeeper laughs. "A rich scholar you must be then! For a single scroll, that price is quite fair, I assure you that I am not being cheated. The books do cost a bit more of course, and we do have some maps as well off on that shelf in the second row. We mostly have some of Vyrdam, though a few of Adallia and some general ones of the world."
<Anassia> "Any of Dalewyn?" she asks, curiously, before adding up the scrolls she's seperated so far (To my count, 15gp, 2 freebies left to get).
<Merc> "Dalewyn? No, I doubt it. You might find some further south, particularly in the port towns, but this far north, I very much doubt I have any from there. Are you planning to visit there?"
<Anassia> She nods, grabbing the earlier book on the country on a whim, as well as two other scrolls at random, just to get the best value.  "I figured, as far as we've gone before, might as well, right?"
<Merc> The old man. "Young scholar indeed," he says in an amused voice. "Anything else?" he asks as he starts tallying up the costs of Anassia's selections.
<Anassia> "I think that will be all for now," she says, smiling to him.  "Sorry for taking so much of your time."
<Merc> "Ah, but I have all the time in the world!" he says as he gestures at the rest of the shop and giving a wink. "No other customers!"
<Merc> ooc: So the book and what, twenty-ish scrolls?
<Anassia> ooc: Yep.  According to my /brilliant mathematic skills/ the scrolls were 15gp with two other 'freebies'.  (( 18 originally ))  Do check my math
<Merc> ooc: 15gp for twenty scrolls, yes. And 10gp more for the book on Dalewyn.
<Anassia> She reaches into her pouch to produces the 25gp, handing them over to the man with another smile
<Merc> ooc: Okay, anything else you want to do? Same question as other channel.
<Anassia> ooc: She'll probably go to the fountain to see the trainwrecks that Maya has created.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

<Merc> As the three go shopping around while Anassia shops books, somehow Maya manages to separate herself from the other two after buying a pretty orange silk dress and some shiny beads, though nothing has quite grabbed the attention of Aleph or Brina...well, except for yet another pretty shopkeeper in the case of Aleph. Somehow while he's distracted and Brina is trying to UN-distract him, Maya vanishes off into the crowd!
<Merc> Well...she had said to meet up in a few hours by the fountain, so surely nothing happened to her, right?
* Brina idly glances at Aleph and goes back to browsing for both clothes and armor.
<Brina> "So, Aleph, just how serious are you about Maya?"
<Aleph> "...actually pretty serious.  Hard to tell if it'll amount to anything, though."
<Brina> "Mmm.. Part of why you're not gaining ground is because you don't show your interest, you know."
<Aleph> "Tried that before, though...and it seems like she hasn't reciprocated.  ...okay, given, the most direct advance I've made was when I was a bit drunk..."
<Brina> "Mmm. You don't act like you're serious, you know. You constantly wander. Granted, I doubt even she knows what she wants, but she certainly enjoys the attention. Being steadfast now might win you the day later. After all, women tend to like men like their fathers. You grew up in the same village, yes? Think about how her father acted towards her mother."
<Aleph> "I don't remember much of that, really."
<Brina> "Hmm.."
* Brina pick up a shirt and checks it over, trying to decide if the color fits her..
* Aleph idly looks over clothes himself--he wasn't quite exempt from wolf maulings
<Brina> "Well, as I said, even she isn't sure what she wants, but if you want to be with her, you should do your best to be there when she does. And stop staring at other girls, it makes you look like a creepy letcher. At least be discreet about it."
<Merc> "Are you finding things to your interests?" The owner of the wares the two of you are looking over asks, as he steps forward, eyeing the clothing and the pair of you. He seems to nod approvingly at the selection Brina is considering.
<Brina> "Hmm.. You've got some good quality.. I'm not sure the style suits me, though.. And the colors.. I've never been good with brighter colors.."
<Aleph> "I thought I was being discreet."  Aleph comments as he looks over some clothing for himself.  He admits he wasn't too concerned about stealth; their group wasn't too good at being actually, well, sneaky.
<Aleph> Brina aside, of course.
* Aleph looks for stuff in white--his experiences with long-distance travel having proven that white is a very nice color to wear to deal with sunlight...
<Merc> "I don't see why not, my dear! Green would look positively grand on you, and none of that muted green such as your cloak! That's simply not right for you!" the shopkeeper says. "Though I must admit that this dark blue you were looking at does seem to go well with your eyes..."
<Merc> "And you, young man, are you looking for anything, or just buying something for your girlfriend?" the shopkeeper asks, quite obviously not having heard the conversation -before- he came up to you.
<Brina> "hmm.. I have a lot of green aleady.. But a brighter shade might work.."
<Aleph> "Er...a bit of both, I guess?"
<Merc> "Ah, wonderful! I would insist on green then for you, miss! Green also compliments your boyfriend well, and it would just be wonderful if you had matching colors, don't you agree?"
<Aleph> "...wait what"
<Aleph> "...uh, I wasn't meaning her..."
<Aleph> "...I mean," Aleph is put a bit off-balance by the insinuation
<Merc> "How can you not, young man! Why I saw the glances you were sharing as you two were speaking while I approached!" the shopkeeper seems aghast. "And the pair of you certainly don't look to be related!"
<Merc> "There were -sparks- between you! I can tell these things!"
* Brina chuckles.
<Brina> "That's very kind of you, sir, but I'm afraid he's simply too much like my younger brother for any of that. Though, with the way he toys with women's hearts, I can't say the thought hasn't passed between his ears, I imange."
<Aleph> "..."
* Aleph is now finding himself idly pondering how to quickly escape from this situation.
* Brina simply smiles at Aleph and continues browsing.. Incidentially deciding to purchase both the green and blue shirts.
<Brina> "Ah, sir, I would also like to find some extra pants to go with these."
<Merc> The shopkeeper tsks and gives Aleph a glance over again. "You simply must not toy with women's hearts, young man. It will only break your own, I assure you."
<Aleph> and at that, quickly looking through varied forms of white, tan, and light grey clothing, replying, "She exaggerates it, I assure you."
<Brina> "Oh? And how many women were you trading looks with on the way here?"
* Aleph grumbles
<Aleph> "apparently women's hearts are easily toyed with if a single crossed glance from me would do it."
* Brina gives the shopkeeper a sigh of long suffering.
<Brina> "See what I mean? He just doesn't get it."
<Merc> The shopkeeper laughs. "Well, the lad's not ugly, so I'm sure he's not entirely unpopular, even if I agree with you, miss. I still say the pair of you would have made a nice couple."
* Aleph facepalms
<Brina> "Mmm.."
* Brina eyes Aleph speculatively, much like the shirts in her hands.
* Brina glances at the blue shirt and holds it up.
<Brina> "I think this might be better than the white for you."
* Aleph looks through the facepalm at the shade of blue it is
<Merc> The shopkeeper clears his throat and points at a selection of green and some tan shirts. "OR perhaps those?"
<Brina> "Hmm.."
* Aleph looks at the green, then to himself...then just starts looking between the blue and the white
<Aleph> "...screw it." He takes out a coin, and flips it.
<Merc> The shopkeeper sighs, placing his hand against his forehead and shakes his head. "Well, the customer must buy what he believes is best," he says in a slightly disappointed voice.
<Aleph> It lands tails.  "I'll take the blue."
* Brina smiles approvingly and picks up a nice cream colored shirt and a lighter blue for her own.
<Brina> "I'll take these two."
<Merc> "Very well. Anything else for the pair of you?" he asks, leading them towards the counter where a short girl with freckles and short brown hair stands, smiling at Brina and Aleph. "Michelle can help you if not."
<Merc> "Hello!"
<Brina> "I've gotten what I need, thank you."
* Brina presents the shirts to the girl at the counter.
<Merc> The girl plays around with an abacus as she looks over the items selected, giving the total sum for Brina's shirts as well as Aleph's lone blue shirt.
<Aleph> "hm.  I did say I wanted to see if I could get something for a girl..."  Aleph starts looking through the non-green clothes.  Green would look -terrible-.
<Aleph> "Anything here that's really showy?"
<Merc> "Nothing more showy than what you've been looking at. I prefer to focus on practical clothing. Do try the shop next door and tell them Raul sent you. They're sure to give you a discount." The shop next door happened to be the silk shop you'd been looking at earlier with Maya. Would have been nice to get a discount on -her- clothing but oh well!
<Brina> "Well, all I'm interested in now is some new armor."
<Aleph> "...Oh.  Guess I'm done here, then." Aleph nods and goes to pay for his new shirt.
<Merc> ooc: 5sp per shirt.
<Merc> ooc: Okay, anything else you want to do? Do you want to RP shopping for armor, or meet up with Anassia/robo-Maya?
<Brina> OOC: either. Shopping for armor can really be done out of game.
<Merc> ooc: back to #ts then.

Merc

<Merc> Anassia is the first to make her way back to the fountain where they'd planned to meet up. She soon spots Aleph and Brinna carrying a few bags with goods. Maya is still nowhere to be seen.
* Brina smiles serenely at Anassia.
<Brina> "Did you get everything you wanted, Anassia?"
<Anassia> "Hey," Anassia says, glancing to the bags curiously.  "As much as I can get here, I suppose."  She glances around briefly.  "What trouble did Maya cause this time?"
<Brina> "Not sure, yet. She purchased some silky thing and then disappeared on us."
<Anassia> "Some silky 'thing'?" Anassia asks, quirking an eyebrow slightly.
<Aleph> "Betting it's new clothing of some sort."
<Brina> "It was too small for me to tell before she grabbed it and ran to the counter."
<Merc> Ooc: It was totally a silky thong, Anassia
<Anassia> "I can't say I'm exactly surprised," Anassia says flatly.  "So what did you two get?"
<Brina> "Just some shirts. The wolves tore mine up rather thoroughly."
<Aleph> "New shirt to replace the new one from the most recent wolf-mauling.  ...still glad they weren't, like, lizard wolves or something, though."
<Anassia> "Lizard-wolves?" Anassia asks, quirking an eyebrow slightly.  "There's an interesting idea... and just shirts?  I guess Maya was too distracted to turn her attentions to you two."
<Brina> "MMmm.. Thank the gods for small mercies."
<Anassia> "You have no idea."  Anassia says flatly.  "Either way, I couldn't find any maps of Dalewyn in the store I visited."
<Brina> "Hmm.. The merchant caravans would probably be the best place to start for that. They'd be able to tell us where to go to get one."
<Anassia> "Further south, presumably," Anassia says, shrugging slightly.
<Merc> Maya chooses this time to skip into view, carrying what has to be ten to twenty bags filled with clothing. "There you are! Glad we set up a meet-point, I lost track of Aleph and Brina along the way!"
<Aleph> "We, uh, lost track of you, more like."  Aleph puzzles at the gigantic amount of clothing.  And how she's carrying it all
* Brina eyes the bags Maya is carrying warily..
<Brina> "That's.. A rather lot of clothes, Maya."
* Anassia also eyes the bags.  "That's... a lot of--" she glances to Brina.
* Brina raises an eyebrow at Anassia, then gives her a small smile.
<Merc> "It's not that much! And the important thing is that I'll look great every day of the week this way, don't you agree?" Maya asks, flashing a grin at the three.
* Aleph looks at Maya. Imagination once again running wild.
<Brina> "... Most days of the week, we're traveling through dusty, muddy, or otherwise miserable terrain alone."
<Anassia> "... We're travelling cross-country," Anassia adds.  "Not going to balls."
<Merc> Maya waves off your concerns as she carries on. "...Anyway, let's go find a place to stay and so I can drop off these things. Then we can keep shopping or exploring or whatever. I'm sure there's lots of things we can do around town for a while."

Merc

* Aleph walks exhaustedly down one of the streets, fresh from his latest lecture on the ramifications of merely -looking- at women, courtesy of one Brina.
<Merc> After an extensive day of shopping (mostly by Maya), the group is set to explore the city and find what it holds to offer besides shopping (though they could always do more). There is some interest in finding more information on Dalewyn right now from Anassia, and there's still a need to visit the local mercenary house at some point, though they've been hearing some rumors on the street on things to do.
<Merc> Maya has heard of a birthday feast for one of the princes in a week's time, and Aleph is interested in a food eating contest that's apparently running in one of the restaurants in the city.
<Aleph> "...hell, eating contest.  We don't get the opportunity for a matter of all-you-can-eat very often, you know."  Aleph attempts to get his mind off of the prior subject
* Maya_Mahabala considers, "Well, maybe... I know you have something presentable...  Brina, how do you feel about a party?"
* Maya_Mahabala seems to have her mind elsewhere.
<Brina> "I haven't been to one that large, ever. I'm not sure if I'd fit in."
<Merc> Well, you aren't nobles, so that probably would make it hard to fit in...though at least three of you have experience mingling with nobles! And even kidnapping them too!
<Anassia> "An eating contest?" Anassia asks flatly, quirking an eyebrow slightly.
<Aleph> "...who knows how long it'll be before we're stuck with rations again, no?  ...and, hm.  It has been a while since I've been to one of those formal occasions."
<Maya_Mahabala> "Perhaps we can get through this one simply enjoying a good time and not having the world go mad," Maya smiled, ignoring that they weren't invited.
<Anassia> "Yes, we can just show up," Anassia says, glancing toward Maya.  "I'm sure they won't deign to keep /us/ out."
<Aleph> "That would be nice, wouldn't it." Aleph grins.  "And plenty of drinks, and..." oh god, he's zoning out again
* Maya_Mahabala smiles and wraps an arm around Anassia's shoulders, "Of course not.  I'm glad you understand.  I mean we might have to sneak those two in...but it'll be easy."
* Anassia eyes Maya flatly.
<Aleph> "Drinks, and Maya, and..."
<Maya_Mahabala> "You can wear that lovely bikini from down south...play you off as an exotic foreigner," She teased.
<Brina> "That does bring up a good point.. If we're going to sneak in, we'll need to blend in.. Nothing we have will blend in with nobility."
* Maya_Mahabala smiles, "Nothing you have perhaps."
<Aleph> "...you went shopping with plans for this, didn't you?" Aleph snrks, grinning, slapping one hand on Maya's back.
<Anassia> "Oh gods," Anassia says, sighing.
* Maya_Mahabala smirks.  "No, but any lady should have a few beautiful dresses in their collection, and you will have to wait to see this little silk number I picked up.  It's simply to DIE for," She teased.
<Brina> "...I.. Never really had a need for them."
<Aleph> "...I think you're about to be introduced to them rather quickly by Maya here.  She's not the sort who takes no for an answer when it comes to something like this."  Aleph attempts to tease there.
<Brina> "Hmm.."
* Brina looks at Maya speculatively..
<Brina> "Perhaps.."
<Anassia> "It's true," Anassia remarks to Brina.  "She doesn't."
* Maya_Mahabala nods and takes Brina's hand, "Don't worry, I can afford it.  Come on, we'll pick up a few things to spruce you up."
* Brina raises an eyebrow.
<Brina> "I don't think I look that bad.."
* Aleph snrks
<Anassia> "Doesn't matter," she comments, setting a hand on Brina's shoulder.  "Good luck, soldier."
<Brina> "If the both of us are going in new dresses, it wouldn't do for you to show up in something old, would it, Anassia?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "There's not bad, and then there's able to pass for a noble at a party..."
* Brina clamps a hand around Anassia's elbow.
<Anassia> "Oh."  Anassia glances to her elbow.  "I just /couldn't/."
* Aleph waggles his finger, grinning. "Don't say you forgot so easily, Anassia"
<Aleph> "Maya doesn't take no for an answer, after all."
<Anassia> "I'd grab you, but you'd have a fun time," she comments to Aleph.  "And what shouldn't I have forgotten?"
<Maya_Mahabala> "Well, aleph...eat for all of us.  Apparently, I have to show these two how to fit in," She swayed away, not really sounding put out at it at all.  Of course...Aleph wasn't going to miss this for cupcakes, was he?