News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

We don't have a thread for it.

Fairy Tail, yaay.

But today I looked at hunter x hunter again.  It hasn't dug itself out of its shithole.  Man it was a deep shithole.

No new sengoku youku makes me sad ;_;
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Kodansha's US branch has started releasing new volumes of a number of manga I was reading until del rey closed its manga branch. Fairy Tail, Rave Master, and a new volume of Negima (drops next week) amongst them.

Um, Naruto has become somewhat readable again. I swear that manga is bipolar. Focus on Naruto = Awesome. Focus on Emobi = snorefest. Focus on zombie apocalypse = how in the hell do you mess up a zombie apocalypse so badly?

Oh, and a new chapter of Negima should appear sometime this week/next week.

Jon

I like me some Nodame Cantabile, though I could do without some of the "physical violence within a not-quite-established relationship == COMEDY".

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jon

Unknown; I'm only 10% of the way in. I am informed they get together in the end.

It's really more about their development as musicians, though.

Dracos

Ippo is currently seeing how many pages it can go before a single punch is thrown in the ring.  It is at 60 (or 100 if you count from when Ippo leaves the dressing room).

No Sengoku Youku.  So sad.

One piece is currently mired in a backflash, with an unknown murderer having shot down the favored queen.

Fairy Tail is mired in "And the bad guys win"?  I'm wondering just what else they can have them pull out from their bag of a thousand allies to face the varieties of 'I Win' spells the bad guys have.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Yeah, the tree thing was a "... really?" moment if ever I saw one.

Umi no Misaki sadly doesn't appear to be going for the harem ending I was hoping for, but at least Soyogi and Karin are in the fight. I like Soyogi best, but Karin isn't bad, either.

Thinking of reading 3x3 Eyes. I doesn't look like Dark horse will ever release the rest of the series so...

Brian

Quote from: thepanda on May 26, 2011, 09:13:22 PMUmi no Misaki sadly doesn't appear to be going for the harem ending I was hoping for, but at least Soyogi and Karin are in the fight. I like Soyogi best, but Karin isn't bad, either.
Well, that killed my interest. :|

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Brian on May 26, 2011, 09:18:49 PM
Well, that killed my interest. :|

Apparently I've become the interest reaper. >_>;

But don't let me stop you from reading it. It is still good and the art hasn't gone down the crapper like the end of Ai Yori Aoshi.

Also also, Naruto is good again. Did I mention that before? I feel it bares repeating.

Brian

Quote from: thepanda on May 26, 2011, 09:31:42 PMBut don't let me stop you from reading it. It is still good and the art hasn't gone down the crapper like the end of Ai Yori Aoshi.
Personally, my view (nowadays) goes like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllLoveIsUnrequited = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigNo
QuoteAlso also, Naruto is good again. Did I mention that before? I feel it bares repeating.
Meh.  Still on chapter 120 or so.  God DAMN Wave country took too long.  WAY too long.

We can't stop HERE.  This is WAVE country!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Brian on May 26, 2011, 09:44:03 PM
We can't stop HERE.  This is WAVE country!

Hoho

QuotePersonally, my view (nowadays) goes like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllLoveIsUnrequited = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigNo

Thing is, it doesn't feel unrequited. The author did a honestly good job of setting up the interpersonal relationships. You can tell he likes all three and that they like him (which is why I'm still hoping for a BEST END). The new arc is set up like Into Dreams, minus the angst and monsters (and is more readable). Sortof.

Brian

Well, we'll see.  I must admit, I haven't read any of the series, and know of it only through the fact that it's sited as one of the exceedingly rare examples of the polyamory trope.

Which may need to be corrected.

But, that was the source of my interest, as it would give me a nice basis to compare to Kyon: Big Damn Hero.  I don't understand why fictional characters in fantasy universes have to conform to all the same standards we do.  Kind of seems to be very limiting on the factor of 'escapism'.  Meh.  That's just me.  I like to see everyone happy without creating a slew of OCs, and most often in harem series, there's a serious population deficit in terms of likable guys outside the main dude and his gay and/or robot buddy.

~exploding tag~

thepanda

In that case definably read it. I think you'll appreciate the internal monologues and it works pretty well as a character study. I keep up with it here.

thepanda

And just as we finally get out of the Fishman Island flasback. . .

SKIP WEEK! joy -_-;

thepanda

Umi no Misaki updated. Go Karin! You're currently soooooo my favorite!

Rosario + Vampire updated. Boo interference squad! Kurumu is too good for him, I say!

Oh, there's a new Fumizuki Kou series out, now called Itadaki! Solaris is translating it, too. Honestly, whatever the hell happened to the artwork near the end of Ai Yori Aoshi he's certainly managed to bounce back splendidly.

Bleach is currently boring.

Naruto is currently boring.

Hitman Reborn! is currently not boring.

Hoping for some awesome later this week when Negima returns.