News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Also one piece back soon?

Hajime again avoided having a fight for Ippo.  Instant win.

No real good stuff in a bit.

Fairy tail is having the team stop losing at least.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Male squee!

New Umi no Misaki chapter was pure awesome. This grin on my face will not go away! Can't wait- cannot WAIT!- for the next chapter.

Those words! Those lips! hehehehehe

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

QuoteFor unspecified reasons, Goto Nagi decides to move to the island of Okitsushima, his deceased mother's birthplace. When he arrives, one of the locals, a girl named Shizuku, offers to show him around and even saves his life when Nagi accidentally falls of a cliff. However, when he meets her again at school, she refuses to have anything to do with him. As he tries to adapt to his new life on the island, Nagi learns that Shizuku, along with his neighbor Karin and his classmate Soyogi, are the local Cape Maidens, representatives of the island's Dragon God, and are essentially worshiped as goddesses by the people of the island.

Nagi also learns that his mother was a Cape Maiden before she left the island and that, because his birthday matches the day that the previous Dragon God died, he is the current mortal incarnation of the Dragon God.

Naturally, the position comes with a harem.

Shizuku, Karin and Soyogi must now fulfill their duties as Cape Maidens by earning Nagi's favor while Nagi himself tries to figure out what the Dragon God is supposed to do, and gradually settles into the role.

Umi no Misaki differentiates itself from stereotypical Harem Series by its character development and its approach to the Harem Genre's standard tropes. Although Shizuku is originally set up as the obvious winner, Nagi spends time with all three of the girls, shows an interest in their daily lives and hobbies, helps them with their work, cooks for them and shows genuine concern for their feelings.

See also Ai Yori Aoshi by the same author.

Taken from the TVtropes page. You can read it online at mangareader.

thepanda

Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, and Ippo were all good this week. Now to wait for some Fairy tail and Hitman Reborn.

Dracos

Bleach's villian still seems extra lame.  Like really, what's the damn point?  I get it from a 'well, man wouldn't it be cool if...' but it's retarded from a 'what the heck does this guy get out of it?  So he's befriended to a bunch of powerful people?'

One Piece is hopefully about to lead into awesome.  That was a pretty good set up for the Straw Hats to come into, with pretty much the height of both villians plots exposed, and every other hero incapacitated with them kept off camera for the last couple of chapters.

Still, kind of odd seeing seeing Jinbei tied up with only a few bruises.  I mean really?  I suppose that's expecting that he's going to burst his chains later and start kicking ass because otherwise I can't really see that happening without him being beaten nearly unconscious.

Ippo...was basically a second null fight.  Kind of a disappointing return to the ring in general.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

After Ippo's 'fight' they needed something ridiculous to lighten the mood.

thepanda

Umi no Misaki has updated. This pleases me greatly. Go Karen!

thepanda

Umi no Misaki has updated. One Piece is getting back into the groove. Fairy Tail has more friendship than MLP. Negima's pacing got shot to hell. I think its because they needed to give people a reason to go see the movie. Still sucks, though. At least with that out of the way Akamatsu can focus on the comic again.

Oh, and Code Name Sailor V is coming out this month, as well as the Sailor Moon re-release.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Yozakura Quartet new chapter up.

Does anyone other than me read this around here?

Dracos

I haven't...not sure what it is :)
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

I don't even know how to describe it.

The plot is pretty shonen, but the execution is completely different. I think the majority of the story is just characters talking and hanging out. But the art is great (what got me reading it in the first place), the characterization is awesome (especially considering the size of the cast), and the conversations give a lot of meaning to what would otherwise be an extremely simple and straightforward plot.

If you're curious give the latest chapter (54) a go. It works as a microcosm of the story. Up on mangareader.

Brian

Lazy people will click a link that they won't google.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~