Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For all those odds'n'ends sort of things. Yuth said his sheet is mostly done so I'm going to audit it now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Willim. If these parts aren't done just disregard the commentary.

- Your type should be native outsider. Outsider takes priority over most other types, including giant.

- Your baseline str and con modifiers need adjustment. The augmented ones are correct, however.

- How did you calculate your CMB? I have 10 + 13 (str) + 4 (size) for a total of 27. Likewise, CMD gets a total of 27(CMB) + 10 + 4 (wis) + 1 (monk) + 1 (dodge) for a total of 43.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'll fix my CMD/CMB accordingly, I kinda half-assed those somewhere near the middle because I kept changing stuff.

Baseline mods fixed.

Type fixed.

Feats are being reconsidered.

Faith and Age are also blank. I know. I'm working on it so that it all jives with his backstory.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

For CMB I get 13 (BAB) + 10 (Str) + 0 (Size) = 23

For CMD I get 10 (Base) + 23 (CMB) + 4 (Dex) + 1 (Dodge) = 38
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Swapped Power Attack & Cleave for Blazing Berserker & Reckless Rage

Anastasia

You're right about CMB, I'm not sure why I added the 10 to the base of it. CMD, monk AC bonus and wis to AC applies to CMD.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

So it's really 10 (Base) + 23 (CMB) + 4 (Dex) + 1 (Dodge) + 4 (Wis) + 1 (Monk)= 43

Also, you added 4 for size...I'm not Gargantuan.

Anastasia

This is why I shouldn't do statwork right after waking up. >_<
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Good call. My saves are right, yes? I'll do my skills this afternoon.

Anastasia

I think so. I'll review them when your sheet is done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay! People, you were talking about origins and a shared reason for doing what you're going to be doing. Any suggestions from you guys for this? I'd like you guys to design something that interests you and I'll fill in the blanks. I know Cor's thinking about coming from a shattered world and that's a possibility to work with. Any others?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yes! I want to be a rebel leader~!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

I like the shattered world origin. Obviously pyroclastic dragons are planar creatures, but my guy can have settled down on that world after turning away from evil and after a few decades come to see it as home.

So we have our stereotypical idyllic high fantasy wonderland. something happens to it and a few people (us primarily) escape and end up on some random plane. Lets say the bad thing happening to our world basically breaks it up in physical terms so you get a dramatic cataclysm with people falling through cracks in the earth, the lucky ones being warped through temporary portals in the maelstrom... it ends up with our prime being like a collection of floating islands which would be a cool backdrop for when we eventually return to set things right. Maybe it's cut off from the planes to stop us returning immediately until we find a solution to that, ensuring we don't go flying back right at the get go?

As to who or what's responsible for the catastrophe, I have no real preference. Arch devil, aliens, ritual gone wrong done by crazed local wizards... I'm sure people have ideas.

Corwin

Devils are a default evil and I kinda like it here. In practical terms, since the targetting of our world wasn't lolrandom (given LE invaders) we would have chances to try and find leads on why it happened/what they wanted from it/what could get them to leave.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake