News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Yuth bought it all. I don't think the rest of us need to even bother looking now. =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Tortle talking one for the team's pocketbook, eh?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

That's me, the nice tortle.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 8: Deep Ethereal

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of the Deep Ethereal, details the party already knows. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"In all my travels in the Deep Ethereal, the most intriguing was the time I met the Solitary Mistwalker. This old angel is dedicated to wandering the mists, calming great secrets await to he who searches long and wisely. He claimed to have spent eons there, always searching for greater knowledge. Stunned at this brazen display of homichlophilia, I displayed righteous indignation at his claims. The angel smiled and pointed ahead. What I saw was myself in mist, and on touching it old memories became known to me again. What curious things lie in this misty realm!"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: Felessa

This series of books is written with a great deal of repetition and reinforcement. The entire writing style is highly ordered, as a preface explains this is desirable to better hold the often mutable lore of chaos. Unfortunately, evidence suggests that this book has somewhat succumbed to chaos.

Felessa is a succubus that focuses her attentions on mortal women. She calls herself the Mistress of Forbidden Love and specializes in corrupting women through seduction. She was once a compatriot of Malcanthet, but was betrayed and fled. Since that time, evidence suggests she has taken up residence in the court of Graz'zt and is so hungry. Her focus is on mortal women in societies that hold lesbian relationships immoral.

Besides her considerable talents at seduction and charming, no feasting woman can knowingly take a hostile action against Fylessa. In addition to this, she has learned both sorcererous magic and how to channel foul divine power as her lilitu kin can. She has one weakness of note - a woman who has rejected her advances can lay her low with a single strike.

As the current lover of Malcanthet, Felessa has access to great material wealth. Her continued devouring of succubus lovers has left her with a large collection of treasures.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lost Lore of the Abyss: Cantessu

I'm making dinner for you because I'm still waiting for you entire writing style is highly orderI bless this coming feast for my blessed child!

At the battle of Weeping Laments, it was found that everyone has to eat because I'm coming and it will be good and it will be right and it will be happiness once more for everyone when I come, and the day is coming Muirfbroken sword. From the corpse came Cantessu and we all ate together until we were full and couldn't eat anymore and I smiled at my children and herded them to paradise now and forevermore because we're so hungry and tomo

Cantessa is vulnerable to cold iron bludgeoning weapons, such as maces. While a warrior of some skill, she is held back by her natural talents elsewhere.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

God dammit Father, leave me alone! I'm trying to read!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The greatest evil is the one you do not see!

This book is a strident tome advocating constant vigilance against evil. Evil strikes high and low, often in places you cannot see. Your eyes must constantly be open and aware. A moment's lapse can miss something, leading to disaster. An unreported crime can lead to anarchy. This is not enough. The false idol of privacy only hides more evil. You must spy on your neighbor. Uncover their secrets. Expose the little evils they commit every day so they can be punished. Every evil you miss is an evil unavenged and uncorrected.

This tome continues in this manner for the entire book. There is a magic in these words and pages, one that Muirfinn believes would take rigorous study and dedication to the ideals within to unlock.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A study of the goblinoids

This book is a detailed study of goblins and related species. It is a deep and complex study of how they work on every level, with an emphasis on anatomy, psychology and social structure. While the writing is rather dry, the content matter is well presented and easy to understand. Anyone who reads this book gains a +1 bonus on any knowledge, heal and survival checks against goblinoids. In addition, if a ranger with favored enemy (humanoid(goblinoids) reads this book, they may gain greater insight.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Rise of the Dragon

This book is a study of the goddess Seira. It is a biography of her life, composed via years of various interviews, studies and research. It goes into her early life as the daughter of a rich merchant on the Prime Material. She ended up becoming a founding member of an elite group known as the Crimson Guard and was involved in various incidents, such as a war with the neighboring empire of Malmuth, whispered battles to the west in a desert, confrontations with liches and other such feats of heroism. Thereafter she established a political house in her home nation in a stunning move, all while gaining draconic power. From here information becomes hazy, but she underwent an apotheosis that left her equally divine and draconic.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The rest after the session.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Vul'lath and I, as well as anyone else who wants in on the "fun," are going to spend the foreseeable future researching both the Glasae Queen and another copy of the Valgadda Text.

Anastasia

Magic missile, variants on the classic

This book has several variants of Magic Missile. They are as follows:

Missile of Mercy
Evocation [Force]
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Targets: Up to five creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell functions as Magic Missile, except as noted above and here. This spell deals 1d6+1 points of nonlethal damage per missile.

Notes: This spell was created by a bounty hunter who was tired of having to accept only dead or alive bounties.

Recurring Missile
Evocation [Force]
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: 1 round/2 levels; maximum 5 rounds.
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell fires a Magic Missile, identical to the spell of the same name, except that it only fires one missile and deals 1d4+2 points of damage. For each two caster levels you possess, the missile lingers another round, striking the target again for 1d4+2 points of damage.

Notes: This spell was created by a wizard who loved to annoy his opponents as much as defeat them. Unfortunately, he did not survive long enough to create another spell.

Focused Missile
Evocation [Force]
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: 1 creature

This spell functions as Magic Missile, except as noted above and here. This spell creates one missile per caster level, to a maximum of 4 missiles.

Notes: This spell was developed by a mage who preferred the concept of focused attacks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The Impatient Sword

This book details a special technique known as the Impatient Sword. This technique sacrifices defense and offense in exchange for better seizing the initiative in combat. The name of the technique is a misnomer, as it has nothing to do with swords.

Impatient Warrior [General]
Prerequisite: Improved Initiative, read the Impatient Sword
Benefit: When you roll initiative, you may choose to gain a +4 bonus to initiative. This bonus stacks with other bonuses to initiative, such as Improved Initiative. If you do, you suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls and armor class for two rounds.

One person can benefit from the magic in this book to learn this feat as a bonus feat. They must fulfill all requirements to gain this benefit. Thereafter the book can be used to qualify for this feat as normal.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

How to fall in love

This book is an extensive treatise studying the phenomenon of romantic love. It goes into considerable detail with it, exploring mating rituals for various species and so on and so forth. The last chapter is by far the most interesting. It goes into hypnosis and describes a process that allegedly allows one to hypnotize a willing subject and convince them that they love a person. This is claimed to be wholly effective and notes that the subject only needs to be willing to be hypnotized. It cautions that this hypnosis can be used for dishonorable end which are readily apparent, such as making them fall in love with someone other than they intended. There are also instructions on how to reverse the hypnosis.

A DC 20 intelligence check is required to successfully use this hypnosis. Alternately, four or more ranks in profession(hypnotist) or similar skills allow it to be used freely. Reversing the hypnosis has the same requirements.
<Afina> Forever.