News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 10, 2011, 04:37:09 AM
[10:29] <Jaela> roll 1d20+22 K:P
[10:29] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+22 K:P and gets 26." [1d20=4]

I guess this will be left to someone luckier.

You know this water is likely some form of Styx water or related to it, but it's rather obscure.

QuoteI don't particularly need a simple character to control. I'm perfectly fine with mages and the like! Anyway, okay.

Oh yeah, I know. Didn't meant to imply otherwise, just sayin'. Fact is, there's no heavy mage characters to control yet except for Annalise and Tepen. One's off the table and the other is old and likely to avoid direct combat most of the time - at least from what you guys have said.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on November 10, 2011, 12:16:02 PM
[10:15] <Merc> roll d20+23 K:P on water
[10:15] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+23 K:P on water and gets 37." [d20=14]

This frozen water is a blend of Styx water and the frozen despair of larvae that were drowned in the waters higher up in the third gloom. It is frozen and miserable, reflecting the bitter fates of all who ended up cast down into this nightmare. It does have uses in the creation of magical items, particularly those related to effects like Crushing Despair and depression.  Were a weapon of adamantine soaked in this ice-water for 8 days and then treated with powdered linthrum, 12 drops of black tar mixed with Bashalin and the sighs of a man who has wasted his life, a powerful weapon would be created.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

"the sighs of a man who has wasted his life"

>_>;
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quite likely, yes. Who'da thunk it?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 03, 2011, 07:53:19 PM
[00:51] <Ilya> roll 1d20+21
[00:51] * Hatbot --> "Ilya rolls 1d20+21 and gets 40." [1d20=19]

GI roll for recalling any rumors of dragons from my travels, posted per your request, Dune.

Baleruk of the Green: You have heard of this green dragon. He is said to lair deep in Limbo, within a roiling mountain of jellified acid and pitted metal. A reclusive dragon that is said to have dealings with the slaad.

Nosmaynaj: A green wyrm that resides within the quasielemental plane of Ash. Little is known of this wyrm, but it's rumored he hoards vast treasures, even by dragon-kind.

Vyudinasorl: A green dragon that is said to live somewhere within the Infinite Staircase, an obscure planar passageway. It is said to have teeth made of keys to sealed portals within the Staircase.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on November 09, 2011, 05:11:35 AM
Yeah, this is really for Yuth. Yuth, you take more time to line in combat than the rest of us put together, and you really shouldn't since you're a fighter.

I'll work on it! My bad!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Okay, who's going to Fire? Is it all of you PCs or was one/two of you going to stay? Do remember that all four of you PCs will need magic to endure the fire dominate trait of Fire. It's 3d10 damage per round, so resistance 5 or 10 isn't going to cut it. Most NPCs are in the same boat, though Adrian ignores this trait thanks to Planar Champion, Arrel is immune to fire and Annalise has a combination of fire resistance and fast healing to negate the damage. This assumes you choose to bring any allies with you, which is entirely at your discretion.

If any of you are not going to Fire, do you have any plans beyond waiting in Aurora for the others to return?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm going, I'll spam fire res 30.

Ebiris

Afina can share the load of casting resist energy. Lets bring Arrel along?

Anastasia

Crystal will be posted tomorrow night. Ran into some delays, didn't get her done tonight. Her build is Pixie 4/Ranger (Mounted Combat variant) 9//Paladin of Freedom 13 with the fey paladin sub levels.

On another note, what'cha guys gonna do next now that your trip to fire is done with? This presumes you just plane shift back after talking to Crellen, if not say so.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Lets go back and trade Arrel for either Adrian or Annalise and then go to Ash for dragon killing?

Corwin

I'm fine with that. My preference between the two is Annalise, and I think we should also grab Dana. She really wanted to fight a dragon, so even if she dies she'll die happy.

Anastasia

Merc: Make sure to add the following to your sheet.

Anarch (Ex)

You are naturally talented at controlling Limbo. Your creations can be far more complex than normal and you gain a +8 competence bonus to wisdom checks to control Limbo.

I figure this was some compensation from Hatbot for all the Ithea hate.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Added. And yes, that was pretty nice...too nice, perhaps. Now to wait for the other shoe to drop... *narrows eyes suspiciously*
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.