Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

At the moment? Nothing. This won't start happening until you get your grubby mitts on the loot, deal with Baleruk and get back to Aurora safely. Just running this by you now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yuth: Having off and on storms. Just a heads up in case you get in and I'm not around.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay Yuth, you've levelled up to 22! Do all your leveling in here after bringing your sheet over: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,102879.0.html

Also go ahead and integrate your spell list into that post instead of the spells topic.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Oh boy! Something to do at work!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Vivantha reaches level 21!

- Lillend 21 and Lillendsong Lyricist 1. The latter is Dragonsong Lyricist from the Draconomicon flipped to lillends.
- 3 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 286 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 21.
- Darkvision rises to 120ft.
- Racial resistance to fire rises to 20.
- Gains greater dragonsong's song of strength. Great for the melee types.
- Caster level for her bardic spells increases to 21, as does her SLAs.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Vivantha swaps out improved initiative for dragonsong. She also selects music of the gods as her level 21 feat, cutting off the problems with mind-affecting defenses and bardic music.

Solid level. She got some more tools and a few misc boosts.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Kascha reaches level 21!

- Ghaele 21 and Wyrm Wizard 11.
- 3 on a d8 for a total of 8 and a grand total of 202 hp.
- +1 BAB for a total of 21. Full BAB racial HD or not, she's never going to be a beast in melee. Well, by planar standards.
- Racial resistance to cold and acid rises to 20.
- Spell resistance rises by 1.
- Damage reduction rises to 15 and gains the epic qualifier.
- Racial SLA caster level rises to 21st.
- Kascha now casts as a 21st level wizard! She gains a 10th level spell slot plus another 10th level slot due to high intelligence. She'll grab energy immunity and Seira's Unicorn Apocalypse. Yes, it deserves caps for the name alone. These are Seira's selected 10th level spells in that stat-up I did for her a little while back, so it's only natural Kascha has them too.
- No change to saves.
- Epic Spell Capacity(21) for her new feat.

21's always a nice level to those running racial HD. Lots of little boosts even if Wyrm Wizard 11 was a blank.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hanna's happy fun time adventure is a go!

*Picture may be less happy than she or the adventure actually is.

> roll 1d100
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 27." [1d100=27]

Hanna goes to find some divinations about her lost equipment! Balyss is super helpful but it's not enough! Then 27 comes in and Hanna plucks it up and throws it into a teleporter after it starts uttering cryptic bullshit provides another clue for his friend Hanna! This is enough to give Hanna and Balyss a lead on finding the equipment in the Astral Plane! Yay!

> roll 1d20+27 diplomacy (-2 since she had to deal with 27)
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+27 diplomacy (-2 since she had to deal with 27) and gets 39." [1d20=12]

Plus Hanna nicely convinces Ithea to help because her slaad made a pest of itself AGAIN Ithea's a kind, helpful soul. Awww! So off they go to the Astral, to an island of floating matter where the divinations lead. But there's someone already there! It's a gith, just like Hanna's friend Sage Vul'lath! But it turns out he's a sourpuss like Sage Vul'lath can be too! But don't worry, Hanna knows how to cheer him right up so he helps!

> roll 1d20+37 intimidate (+2 Ithea, +2 Balyss, +4 size)
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+37 intimidate (+2 Ithea, +2 Balyss, +4 size) and gets 51." [1d20=14]

See? Her new friend is now being all helpful! Yay! He's offering to give Hanna her things back in exchange some spellcasting. That sounds like a great idea, right?

> roll 1d20+30 sense motive
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+30 sense motive and gets 31." [1d20=1]

It sure does! Hanna thinks it sounds super-nifty! There's no way the gith bastard resisted Discern Lies...yeah no. But just to be sure, Hanna keeps her ears open as they go to exchange things!

> roll 1d20+30 listen
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+30 listen and gets 41." [1d20=11]

Oh no! Hanna's friend is being a fucking backstabbing gith is unbelievably stupid to attack an angel with friends drew a poisoned dagger! Hanna smiles and tries to talk...talk...talk...

> roll 1d20+12 init
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+12 init and gets 30." [1d20=18]
> roll 1d20+10 init
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+10 init and gets 17." [1d20=7]

Hanna just has to give her new friend a nice hug to fix that! A hug that just happens to have Ithea and Balyss help with! They hug him so hard that the mean demon inside of him is knocked clean out! Then the mean old demon gets hugged right back to the Abyss! Yay!

So Hanna came home with her bag of holding gear after all. Today wasn't such a no good, rotten, lousy day! Unless you were a gith or a demon.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Good lord, I needed that after today.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

It is extremely likely that I will be unable to game again until the 22nd.

Anastasia

That's fine. I need time to level everyone up, do loot and get my ducks in a row for the next thing anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hanna reaches level 21!

- Planetar 21 and Champion of Gwynharwyf 11
- 5 on a d12 for a total of 11 and a grand total of 258 hp.
- Damage reduction increases to 15 and gains the epic qualifier.
- Darkvision increases to 120ft.
- Her regeneration increases by 1 to 11.
- Her racial resistance to electricity rises to 30 and her racial resistance to fire rises to 20. She got +10 to elec res from Champion of Gwynharwyf.
- Spell resistance increases by 1.
- Racial SLA caster levels rise to 21.
- Hanna gains 21st level cleric casting. She gains her 10th level domain spell and 1 10th level spell slot, plus another for high wisdom. Note that she hasn't lost slots for -6 Wisdom, she's just going to be buying a belt+6 shortly. Anyway, she selects Extended Storm of Vengeance, Celestial Valor and Mass Freedom of Movement. The first is a placeholder, I'll whip up a wrath or war 10 domain spell later.
- Hanna gains 11th level champion of Gwynharwyf casting. She gets two 5th level spell slots for high Wisdom. She selects cure critical woundsx2. If she needs to draw on her champion casting, things are ugly and likely in need of healing anyway.
- No increase to saves.
- Epic Spell Capacity(21) as her new feat.

Nice level and will get more when do some custom epic spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Canderella reaches level 21!

- Fatemaker 1 and Marshal 2. Fatemaker worked great for Malcanthet and Canderella isn't above copying what works.
- 10 on a d10 for a total of 15 and a grand total of 208 hp.
- Damage reduction rises by 5 to 16 and gains the epic descriptor. While she took 2 non-racial HD, she's close enough to qualify. Doubly so since the the dip was a chaos-focused class. '
- Racial resistance to acid, cold and fire rises to 20.
- Spell resistance rises to 31.
- Telepathy range rises to 200ft.
- +1 to Charisma from take-charge appeal. Needless to say that makes this a good level for her. She's up to Charisma 43.
- Gains the casting of a 1st level fatemaker. She chooses expeditious retreat and true strike.
- Gains a major aura+1. She chooses motivate urgency. In case she gets into another GET OUT OF THERE situation, like challenging Athux to melee.
- No change to saves.
- Epic Toughness(21) as her feat. This sets her new max HP at 250. After what she went through, she wants more hit points.

A strong level. She gains several boosts and new tricks. A big jump in hit poitnts is invaluable for her.

Mental note: Fix up her spell section on her sheet.
<Afina> Forever.