News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jaela

Huh? Jaela blinks. She read the book? She doesn't remember reading it, but she's staring at the back cover and sure she read it. She feels the same and yet off, readjusted in some subtle way.

---

Jaela, you can reroll any single, previously saved hit die roll. You have to take the result of the reroll, no matter if its better or worse.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

[11:30] <Franceska> roll 1d12 lvl22 hp reroll
[11:30] <Serith> Franceska roll for Serith < 4 > [d12=4]

Better than 1!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

As came up today with Eb and some old epic rules I posted in custom materials (the B3 one), there's room for some confusion about what I posted and what's suitable. During B3 I used various topics on the B3 board, such as custom material and bestiary, for the homebrew I did. In time the rules and setting board got made and many things were moved over to there. Additionally, during the long gap between the end of B3 and post gaming, I posted various things that weren't final or meant for full in game use. I wasn't taking organization too seriously since I was only running the Coda.

So naturally this has lead to a situation where there's been confusion. That's okay, let's fix it.

1. For any sort of homebrew, the Rules and Setting board is the defining authority. If it's posted there, whatever is posted there is official. This supersedes topics on any other boards unless I say otherwise. Note that the Rules and Setting topics have tables of contents, so finding if something is there should be simple.
2. If homebrew isn't on the Rules and Setting board but is on another Balmuria board, use the newest. For example, a posting on B3's board would supersede a posting on B1's board. This isn't that uncommon, as some homebrew is too niche to port over.
3. Anything posted between B3's end (pre-Coda) and the start of post gaming and that isn't on the Rules and Setting board is questionable. Talk to me about it before using it or assuming it is in play. Some of this is things in beta and unfinished or otherwise not meant as anything but a show of what I was working on. If I'd have known I'd pick up B3 like this in the future, I wouldn't have done it like this, but 20/20 hindsight.

Epic skills is what touched this off. This is something that really should be in play, so I'm going to try and finish that this week. It's been stickied on the DM board forever, just never gotten around to finishing it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Would Intellect Fortress protect against those blades, as I'm assuming they were moved with some kind of power and/or magic?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Unless they're directly created by magic, no.

A sword with the dancing property wouldn't be affected, nor would a sword thrown by telekinesis. However, a spiritual weapon spell would be.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Say, if I Time Stop (or equiv) does that effect extend only to myself, or to my familiar/crystal through shared spells/powers? Asking to heal.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

How does shared spells and powers work?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

At the owner's option, he can have any power (but not any psi-like ability) he manifests on himself also affect his psicrystal.

At the master's option, he may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) he casts on himself also affect his familiar.

Taken from SRD. So I think the answer is yes.

Anastasia

Yeah, seems fairly straightforward. I'd allow it. It's how I'd resolve certain things that can also 'share' a time stop. Trivia: If Muirfinn had managed a time stop against Asmodeus and it wasn't countered for whatever reason, he'd find Asmodeus would act during it as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 30, 2015, 11:02:54 PM
Trivia: If Muirfinn had managed a time stop against Asmodeus and it wasn't countered for whatever reason, he'd find Asmodeus would act during it as well.

This was entirely expected and the exact reason I didn't do it.

Yuthirin

Reading the language of Temporal Acceleration is somewhat unclear. Would it end the power at the end of the swift action, thereby allowing me to take a standard action as well, or would the end of the power denote the end of the manifestor's round?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 30, 2015, 11:06:12 PM
Reading the language of Temporal Acceleration is somewhat unclear. Would it end the power at the end of the swift action, thereby allowing me to take a standard action as well, or would the end of the power denote the end of the manifestor's round?

You resume your turn, though you are shaken as the spell notes.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

It will get nerfed if it's broken, but I figure that goes without saying.

(To be honest, I question the wisdom of time stop being a 6th level power, but that's a whole other thing.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 23, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
Another question! Also about the same topic, pretty much.

How do Darkstalker and Blindsight interact? Darkstalker says if I have Blindsight I'd need to roll spot/listen if you hide. But it also says you can't hide in plain sight (tm) unless you have that ability from another source. Meanwhile, Blindsight says invis and other concealment is meaningless, so if you just go invisible I presume it doesn't count as 'hiding' for people with Blindsight.

Yes, also came up while talking to Iddy in PM.

Invis wouldn't matter since blindsight isn't meaningfully affected by it, darkstalker or no. In the case of darkstalker, it makes an exception to the rules regarding detecting creatures trying to be all stealthy. It doesn't touch invisibility so it's not relevant. So yes, you'd need to hide normally.

Weird little rules interaction there.
<Afina> Forever.