News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

If I manage to recruit this guy, will the Aurora discounts apply to items made by him?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Erik the Redhead. Mind. Hamogan. That guy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Aaah, okay. Yes, most likely. He's a psionic item crafter, so he'd need to see and assess it himself. But the way I run transparency suggests the answer would be yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There's a new monster over in characters and monsters, the all-elemental. It's similar to what Afina fought at the end of her prismatic quest, though not 100% the same. They're vanishingly rare for campaign reasons, but at least a few have existed at some point in Creation. They're the sort of thing Seira would go for.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Taking 10 for 47 on the arcana checks to give Elena a body double, DC 40.

Anastasia

Down with Bards

This book elaborates on a theory that bards are slowly killing Oghma, Gond and other deities of craft and creation. It posits there is a limited amount of inspirational energy in Creation, and that once expended, everyone will lose the ability to make new things. Bards tap directly into this energy and expend it freely, depleting it and bringing the ossification of Creation ever closer. With no new thoughts, ideas and objects, Creation will become rigid and ultimately herald the victory of order. From here it becomes more and more lurid, describing the 'great deception', making those of chaos and freedom lead Creation to law's ultimate victory.

Will save, Moore. Mind-affecting, so note if immune.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 27, 2016, 01:17:30 PM
Taking 10 for 47 on the arcana checks to give Elena a body double, DC 40.

Okay, done. I'll update the Aurora topic and she'll show that IC at some point soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 27, 2016, 01:19:20 PM
Down with Bards

This book elaborates on a theory that bards are slowly killing Oghma, Gond and other deities of craft and creation. It posits there is a limited amount of inspirational energy in Creation, and that once expended, everyone will lose the ability to make new things. Bards tap directly into this energy and expend it freely, depleting it and bringing the ossification of Creation ever closer. With no new thoughts, ideas and objects, Creation will become rigid and ultimately herald the victory of order. From here it becomes more and more lurid, describing the 'great deception', making those of chaos and freedom lead Creation to law's ultimate victory.

This reminds me of that American politician that was concerned that solar panels would use up all the sunlight.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 27, 2016, 02:17:08 PM
Down with Bards

This reminds me of that American politician that was concerned that solar panels would use up all the sunlight.

Who was that?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Nephrite

Down with Bards

He would not have been when he read it, I'm sure. I don't think he can cast Mind blank anyway, or would've thought to use the archway.

[15:45] <Erad> roll 1d20+45 Will save
[15:45] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+45 Will save --> [ 1d20=11 ]{56}

Anastasia

For now, Hamogan is going to be a non combat NPC. This may change when I have a little more time to do psionics homework, but at the moment I don't have the time to hash out an epic level psion build. He's focused on item creation anyway, so he's not combat optimized.

Of course, he's an epic level manifester, so that's awfully relative.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 27, 2016, 04:46:22 PM
Down with Bards

He would not have been when he read it, I'm sure. I don't think he can cast Mind blank anyway, or would've thought to use the archway.

[15:45] <Erad> roll 1d20+45 Will save
[15:45] <Kobot> Erad rolled 1d20+45 Will save --> [ 1d20=11 ]{56}

You feel a little dizzy after reading that odd book. Nothing lasting and if anything, you're fairly convinced it's tripe. Madmen will be madmen.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite