News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You can easily enough. As of now he's not a serious threat to any of you or most of your NPCs. There's potential there, but it'll take time to realize it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

There's a new Tepen's Classroom on R&S's fluff board. This one has a bit of a history so let me go into it. I wrote most of it about two years ago and stalled out. A year ago I picked it back up and finished it, then had Cor provide C&C on it. He had some strong points out it and matched some reservations I had about it, so I put that and the critique aside to come back to later. I never did, it got lost in the shuffle. After some consideration, I made a few minor adjustments and decided to post it as is. It's old enough that I'd rather have it out and done than try to revise older material.

Sometimes you have to cash in and move on. Cor's C&C will probably form another article one day, since the points he made about it are worthwhile.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There's a new scheduling sticky up, so make sure y'all read that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A mortal's transformation into an outsider without dying is always unique. In Jaela's case, it resembles Alicia's. Alicia was granted power and insight from Mystra, as well as the half celestial template and further improvements on that over time. When it became time to obtain the good subtype, Alicia took a journey with Empress Sulia that shared some similarities with Jaela's ascension.

Alicia studied a newly risen mortal soul and helped guide it to eternity. She learned everything of it in one flash of insight and then was directed to look inward. After a Wisdom check, she gained a new level of understanding and connection with good and gained that subtype.

Jaela studied her own soul and her choices for her eternity. She learned more of herself in flashes of insight, and through Wisdom checks, she gained a new understanding of herself. This allowed her to lose the native subtype and become a full outsider.

As Empress Sulia said to Alicia:

"You did. There's a secret, mortals judge themselves with their lives. The Gods don't damn or exalt you, you do with every choice you make." Empress Sulia smiles now, "We provide the spark for them to assume their role in eternity. Like starting a new fire with an emberstick from a bonfire."

Those who become outsiders through more meditative paths become outsiders through coming to understand that. This is what happens for various PrCs that give outsider status through mystical understanding, meditation or what have you. In rare cases, the enlightened can do this themselves. It's akin to starting a fire taking a burning stick from another fire versus using two dry sticks and rubbing them together to make sparks. The first way's easier, but the second way is doing it on your terms.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Also just charging into a really really hot fire can turn you into an outsider too!

Anastasia

To be fair, it was on Fire.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ebiris on June 21, 2016, 01:47:04 PM
Also just charging into a really really hot fire can turn you into an outsider too!
Afina will forever be very special.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 21, 2016, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: Ebiris on June 21, 2016, 01:47:04 PM
Afina will forever be very special.

She is the rainbow pixie, yes. She's special and unique.

Turns out self immolation pays. Who knew?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yuth has greatly improved his nagging game, I see.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

From the bureau of miscellaneous crap:

1. Level up times are on the horizon. They aren't here yet, but I'd start thinking about what you want to take for level 24. If you need custom material for that level, now's the time to speak up. This opens up a few noteworthy things: Your second epic feat (barring bonus feats), a possible bonus feat if your epic progression is there and a stat point. All of this can result in some new features and tricks, so bear them in mind.

2. I'm going to try and step up my posting the next week. Last week was a bit weaker than usual, so time to pump it up. We'll see how it goes. I have a bit of extra time off this week, see the scheduling topic.

3. Speaking of, I'm going to be using that and switching next week's schedule in every Sunday. Expect an edit there shortly.

4. I'm going to do some bits of internal house cleaning tonight. There may be some fragments posted as a result.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I've had a few spell projects that haven't worked out lately. Here's some scraps from them. Some of these will go into the spell collection.

A miscellaneous spell for fiend-cultists, though most anyone can find it useful. Compare and contrast tongues.

Telepathy
Divination
Level: Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 10 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell grants the target telepathy out to 100ft. The target can communicate with any creature that has a language.

A miscellaneous project about cats that didn't finish. A few spells from it are worthwhile. The spells are cleric only since that's the direction the supplement was going on (Sharess cult).

Catfriend
Transmutation
Level: Clr 3
Components: V, S, DF
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 hour/level

While under the effects of catfriend, felines view you as a friend and protector. You gain a +10 insight bonus to Charisma based skill checks when dealing with felines and feline-blooded creatures, such as catfolk. You may use wild empathy as a ranger of your caster level, but only when dealing with felines.

Cat's Reflexes
Abjuration/Transmutation
Level: Clr 4
Components: V, S, DF
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level

This spell channels a cat's legendary reflexes into your body. You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, a +10 competence bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump and Move Silently checks and immunity to fall damage. No matter how far you fall, you land on your feet and are not harmed by the fall.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo: Update Aurora topic with new recruits from Jaela's druids and Afina's mission.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Next week's schedule is up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hey Yuth, are you at work today?
<Afina> Forever.