News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

How do we make Vul'lath's acolytes happier? They're next after the emopixies!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 28, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

Lliira: Hi everybody! Cheering people up is what I do, so I know how to make anyone happy. Yay! To make Vul'lath's acolytes happier, you need to make Sage Vul'lath happier. Happiness trickles down and spreads, it's contagious! The more happy people there are, the happier everyone is. So make everyone around Sage Vul'lath happy and you'll eventually make him happier, which will make his acolytes happier! If you need help, try getting a few drinks into him to loosen him up. Drinking can make anyone laugh at something.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Is Hanna's morale inversely related to the amount of succubi working with Aurora?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 28, 2017, 04:51:40 PM
Is Hanna's morale inversely related to the amount of succubi working with Aurora?

27: Great question. Hanna's morale is a complicated, multi-variable equation. Simplified, Hanna's morale is:

M=VK(2)*J+S.

As anyone could guess, more succubi and other tainted creatures results in Hanna's K modifier decreasing, which in turn decreases her overall morale.  However, smiting and destroying those succubi would increase her S value, which helps compensate for the loss. Participating in such with Jaela would raise her J modifier and more than offset the loss entirely.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Who makes the best food in Creation?

Iron Dragoon

Where can I find Pyrohydras?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Is an unholy alliance of efreet slavers and vermin after me, and if so when will fellow PCs get around to warning me about it?

Yuthirin

Calleigh: Why are wolfy puppies so great!? Also who has the best squid creatures?

Tryll: ^

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2017, 04:48:00 PM
Quote from: Corwin on April 28, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

Lliira: Hi everybody! Cheering people up is what I do, so I know how to make anyone happy. Yay! To make Vul'lath's acolytes happier, you need to make Sage Vul'lath happier. Happiness trickles down and spreads, it's contagious! The more happy people there are, the happier everyone is. So make everyone around Sage Vul'lath happy and you'll eventually make him happier, which will make his acolytes happier! If you need help, try getting a few drinks into him to loosen him up. Drinking can make anyone laugh at something.
So add drinking and Calleigh, gotcha. Drinks for drinking, and Calleigh for Calleigh-ing.

Courres make everything better.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 25, 2017, 10:21:05 PM
Have another, because.

Whirling Darkness
Metacreativity
Level: Psion 3
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: 1 Medium or smaller creature or object
Duration: 5 rounds
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Partial
Power Points: 5

You draw forth a glob of ectoplasmic goo from a point where the Astral Plane and the Plane of Shadows meet. You immediately throw it as a ranged touch attack at any creature in range. On a successful hit, the glob expands rapidly to a 20 foot diameter, enclosing everything within in inky darkness. All creatures within are treated as though blind and gain total concealment. The goo evaporates at the end of the power's duration.

Augment

You can augment this power in one or more of the following ways.

• If you spend 4 additional power points, this power also creates a disorienting effect. Every creature or object within the power's area of effect is forcibly turned 1d4*45 degrees to their left. Creatures entering the area of effect after this power is manifested are immediately affected by this augmentation. Though this turning cannot be resisted, a Will save allows an affected creature to know that they have been affected. Resisting this power via PR/SR negates this additional feature, though not the blindness caused by the base power.
  • If you spend an additional 6 power points, the shadowy aspect of this power is extended, blocking all means of magical or supernatural sight from penetrating the sphere.
  • For every 2 additional power points you spend, this power can affect an additional target. Any additional target cannot be more than 15 feet from another target of the power.
  • If you spend 1 additional power point, this power's duration is 1 hour rather than 5 rounds. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power's duration is 1 day rather than 5 rounds. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power's duration is 1 day per manifester level rather than 5 rounds.

In addition, for every 2 additional power points you spend, this power can affect a target one size category larger.

Grue much?

Anyway, this spell's basically blacklight with a ranged touch attack instead of a Will save to negate and no spell resistance (at least against the main part, more on that in a sec). That's enough of an improvement to bump it up to a 4th level power. Also it needs the darkness descriptor and a note on how it interacts with light descriptor spells, that's fairly standard for these things.

First of all, I can't recall a power with that many augmentation options offhand. My instinct is that you overdid that part of it. Correct me if I'm wrong and you can produce a handful of powers that have four or more different augmentation options. First one I'd change to simply randomly changing the direction the creature is facing, don't get too mathy with it when that works just as well. Second one I'd drop, it's an absolute and a headache to deal with. Third I'm not sure about and the fourth is probably okay since things like deeper darkness at 4th have 1 day/level durations for darkness spells.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay. Cor, where were we on that fog spell exactly?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 29, 2017, 11:33:44 AM
Last fog post: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1091322/topicseen.html#msg1091322

Okay, let's split the difference. We'll try it as written for now, and if we find out it needs more bang for its buck, we can revisit the spell and tweak it.  Sound good?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Update 3.

1. Cor's light stuff.
2. Newspaper.
3. More bardic musics through feats.
4. Epic bardic magic item.
5. THAT FOG SPELL.
6. Druid class.
7. Yuth psionics. - In progress x2.
8. Post Jaela's elder brother.
9. Yuth familiar feat stuf, waiting on him.

Fog spell is in the spell collection now.
<Afina> Forever.