Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Also I just realized that I haven't recorded any of my HP rolls since character creation I'M A MORON
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Go look them up in IRC logs or in nagging level up summaries, if you put them in there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 01, 2017, 05:55:54 PM
oh good I think I did

Fantastic.

What feats are you looking at retraining and why?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 14, 2016, 09:27:13 PM
Dear Mr. Kotono,

I am writing in reference to the current situation with the Tablet of Destiny. I have a request that I am hoping you can acquiesce to.

Please see to fixing the character photos, as I have forgotten what everyone looks like.

I would really appreciate it if you could deal with this matter urgently.

Yours sincerely,

Tortle McSquidface
Resident Meatbag.
Friendly neighborhood reminder from your friendly neighborhood totally-an-NPC-now-and-somehow-still-posting tortle!

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 01, 2017, 07:23:22 PM
oh good I think I did

Fantastic.

Psicrystal Affinity
Psicrystal Containment
Psicrystal Power
Psionic Body (maybe)

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 01, 2017, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on January 14, 2016, 09:27:13 PM
Dear Mr. Kotono,

I am writing in reference to the current situation with the Tablet of Destiny. I have a request that I am hoping you can acquiesce to.

Please see to fixing the character photos, as I have forgotten what everyone looks like.

I would really appreciate it if you could deal with this matter urgently.

Yours sincerely,

Tortle McSquidface
Resident Meatbag.
Friendly neighborhood reminder from your friendly neighborhood totally-an-NPC-now-and-somehow-still-posting tortle!

I'll add it to the agenda.

Also zombie tortle. Scary.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

How's this look?

Ring of the Energetic Voice

This silver and emerald ring is flashy, worth several thousand gold from metal and gem value alone. When worn by a character without levels in bard, it grants a +5 competence bonus to Perform (Song) and nothing else. When worn by a bard, the ring's true powers emerge. The wearer gains a +20 competence bonus to Perform (Song) and an additional 5 daily uses of bardic music. The wearer's voice is clear and loud, the range it can be heard at doubles, including for bardic musics that function so long as they can be heard. The wearer's voice penetrates silence effects of 6th level or lower. Finally, the wearer gains a +2 bonus to the caster level of spells with the sonic descriptor.

I thinking around 220k? How does it look, Neph? Math below, I haven't done all of it yet so that's subject to revision. That's a very rough estimate.

40000+???(extra bardic music)+42000(range doubler)+????(sonic boost)+????(silence busting)

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I like it! I mean, I'd buy it for sure.

Anastasia

Ring of the Energetic Voice

This silver and emerald ring is flashy, worth several thousand gold from metal and gem value alone. When worn by a character without levels in bard, it grants a +5 competence bonus to Perform (Song) and nothing else. When worn by a bard, the ring's true powers emerge. The wearer gains a +20 competence bonus to Perform (Song) and an additional 5 daily uses of bardic music. The wearer's voice is clear and loud, the range it can be heard at doubles, including for bardic musics that function so long as they can be heard. The wearer's voice penetrates silence effects of 6th level or lower. Finally, the wearer gains a +2 bonus to the caster level of spells with the sonic descriptor.

Overwhelming varied; CL 21st; Forge Ring, carrying voice, shout; Price: 257,250 gold.

Last call for comments before I post it in loot. It'll be part of the next epic magic item booster I do, whenever I do that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 01, 2017, 05:52:50 PM
Go look them up in IRC logs or in nagging level up summaries, if you put them in there.
Found the rolls and added them to my sheet. Unfortunately, I also learned that my HP is WAY too high.

HP
CON: 125
Rolls: 73
Feats: 30
Other: -25
Total=203

My current HP is 221. I have 18 extra HP that I can't seem to account for. Not sure how this happened, really.

Updating sheet to reflect the correct HP total.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 01, 2017, 07:23:22 PM
oh good I think I did

Fantastic.

So I need to do a rebuild here in order to maximize my potential and trim some fat.

I do use Overchannel, but not commonly and mostly for Extended buffs. Talented isn't really necessary, as I can just True Metabolism away the pain.

Psionic Body isn't something I want to cut, as it's a pretty solid HP buff, and we're HP-starved.

I'm cutting Talented, Psicrystal Affinity, Psicrystal Containment, and Psicrystal Power: Ectoplasmic Shambler. At the same time, I need to take 4 more psionic or metapsionic feats in order to best capitalize on Psionic Body. Though sacrificing one of those for Toughness might not be a terrible idea. Actually, everything here is wrong because I just realized that Psionic Body got houseruled and nerfed. Can I stack Psionic Body & Toughness? Or is there a more efficient way to get HP?

Either way, I'm adding rearranging feats to make more thematic sense (in my head at least) and taking a second tier of Automatic Metapsionics: Twin Power. In addition, I'm also taking Boost Construct, & either Toughness if it stacks or Chain Power because chained twinned Disintegrates and Tornado Blasts are hilarious.

Feats From Levels
1. Inquisitor
3. Overchannel
6. Expanded Knowledge: Astral Construct
9. Boost Construct
12. Psionic Body
15. Celestial Familiar
21. Epic Expanded Knowledge: Tornado Blast
24. Automatic Metapsionics: Twin Power II

Psion Bonus Feats
1. ACF
5. Twin Power
10. Extend Power
15. Psionic Meditation
20. Empower Power

Feats From Other Sources
-Maximize Power
-Automatic Metapsionics: Twin Power I

Yuthirin

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 01, 2017, 09:02:55 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 01, 2017, 05:52:50 PM
Found the rolls and added them to my sheet. Unfortunately, I also learned that my HP is WAY too high.

HP
Feats: 30
Total=203

My current HP is 221. I have 18 extra HP that I can't seem to account for. Not sure how this happened, really.

Updating sheet to reflect the correct HP total.

Also I need to update my sheet again because this is wrong. It should be:

HP
Feats: 25
Total=198

So yeah, looks like there was about 50hp there that didn't belong. No idea how it got there, but thankfully it wasn't necessarily a difference that would have kept me alive.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake