News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 02, 2017, 02:50:23 PM
Quote from: Corwin on May 02, 2017, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 01, 2017, 07:40:37 PM
Also zombie tortle. Scary.

Was never dead!
Technically he was only brain-dead.

Very technically I'm not sure I'd call 0 Intelligence brain death. More an absence of thoughts than the permanent vegative state brain death implies (unless it's drain or vile damage). That's really picking nits fiercely, though.

Either way it's a thing and a reason why Asmodeus is good at manipulating the rules.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Absence of thoughts is brain dead. Not sure how you constitute brain death.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 02, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Ceasing respiration and other essential functions. Muirfinn survived despite that, so in the most technical sense it isn't brain death. That's getting so pedantic that I think it's completely going into irrelevancy, though, so I cede the point.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 02, 2017, 05:04:13 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on May 02, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Ceasing respiration and other essential functions. Muirfinn survived despite that, so in the most technical sense it isn't brain death. That's getting so pedantic that I think it's completely going into irrelevancy, though, so I cede the point.
I am so bored at work that I've brought us here.

Nephrite

Isn't it just a coma without dreaming?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Nephrite on May 02, 2017, 07:19:03 PM
Isn't it just a coma without dreaming?
I believe a coma patient still has brain activity.

Anastasia

Muirfinn still had brain activity of a sort - an eternal, unremembered nightmare while he was affected by that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, one thing lost in the burnout phase before my vacation was integrating the demiplane into Aurora. Where were we at on that?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Nephrite

He's referring to the yugoloth's one.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Correct. Gytha's is already integrated.

By the way, from IRC:

> Also, I'm trying to post a little slower and put a bit more into each post. I think I got too swept up into trying to keep up with multiple threads for awhile.
> Won't change those minor but needed OOC posts sometimes, but IC posts should hopefully see some benefit.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Yuthirin

That took way too long, sorry.