News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Bring Adrian, he hasn't been out for a while. We probably have enough for two teams of people who are immune or can easily be protected from negative/undead stuff. One (NPCs mostly?) could work as a feint to push in and then lure defenders back towards Aurora while the other focuses on property damage?

Anastasia

Okay, waiting on Yuth/Merc here. Anyone you two would like to bring or anything like that? Any opinions on what the other two said? Obligatory nagging goes here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I still prefer my suggestion, but I wouldn't mind going for Eb's. Adrian will probably die since his wedding is a death flag for his character, which I dislike. What I like is the plan to send Team NPC composed of some of them (enough to have the armies still covered with commanders and such) into Castle Crumbling (post-ramming) as a distraction and to invite those very reprisals we hope the Aurora will draw (on our terms, of course, going through the gate and meeting the army in the courtyard, etc). Restating my belief that having a capable spontaneous healer besides me would be pro.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 14, 2012, 11:09:41 AMAdrian will probably die since his wedding is a death flag for his character, which I dislike.

What?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Anybody I recommend comes will probably die, between Hatbot, Ithea and Beshaba. So I'll pass on recommending anybody join us.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

* Anastasia pats. Fair enough, but hey, your luck should rebound soon. You did well with Sunnis, at least. <_<
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This is an attempt to improve the fighter by adding on the various ACFs as part of the base chassis. For the sake of this, the fighter is meant to be good at hitting things, using armor, intimidating and surviving. I wanted to see how a fighter like this would turn out. It now has class features at every level and has the weapon focus line of feats integrated into the class.  This isn't official or anything, just a design exercise.

This does make the fighter more powerful, but beyond added intimidation skill, it doesn't greatly expand what they can do. They're merely better at doing what a fighter does. Let me know what you think. I made a decision not to change the base class with any homebrew (beyond integrating in the signature feat line for it and a few mild wording changes to existing ACFs). It's a mildly more interesting thought exercise than fighter remix 300 or so.

ACFs used: Armored Savant, Bonded Armor, Zhentarim Soldier, Overpowering Attack, Eldritch Juggernaut and Fortification (combined into Defensive Juggernaut for flavor reasons).

[spoiler]

Fighter

Hit Die

d10

Class Skills

The fighter's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis) and Swim (Str),

Skill Points at 1st Level

(2 + Int modifier) x 4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level

2 + Int modifier.

LevelBase Attack BonusFortitude SaveReflex SaveWill SaveSpecial
1+1+2+0+0Bonus feat, weapon focus
2+2+3+0+0Armored savant, bonus feat
3+3+3+1+1Skill focus(intimidate)
4+4+4+1+1Bonus feat, weapon specialization
5+5+4+1+1Extended intimidation
6+6+5+2+2Bonus feat
7+7+5+2+2Bonded armor+1
8+8+6+2+2Bonus feat, weapon mastery
9+9+6+3+3Swift demoralization
10+10+7+3+3Bonus feat, greater weapon focus
11+11+7+3+3Overpowering attack
12+12+8+4+4Bonus feat
13+13+8+4+4Bonded armor+2, defensive juggernaut (light fortification)
14+14+9+4+4Bonus feat, greater weapon specialization
15+15+9+5+5Defensive juggernaut(medium fortification)
16+16+10+5+5Bonus feat
17+17+10+5+5Defensive juggernaut (spell resistance)
18+18+11+6+6Bonus feat, weapon supremecy
19+19+11+6+6Bonded armor+3, defensive juggernaut (heavy fortification)
20+20+12+6+6Bonus feat

Class Features

All of the following are class features of the fighter.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).

Bonus Feats

At 1st level, a fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. A fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. A fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.

Weapon Focus (Ex)

At 1st level, a fighter's martial prowess is established. He gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls with any weapon he is proficient with. This includes natural attacks and unarmed strikes, but does not include spells or supernatural abilities.

Armored Savant (Ex)

At 2nd level, a fighter's skill with his armor rises and he is able to handle even heavy armors smoothly. He ignores the weight of his armor for the purpose of calculating encumbrance. Armor you wear slows you as if it were one category lighter than it is (so medium armor does not slow you and heavy armor slows you as if it were medium armor). In addition, the maximum Dexterity bonus for any armor you wear improves by +1.

Skill Focus

A fighter gains Skill Focus (Intimidate) as a bonus feat at 3rd level.

Weapon Specialization (Ex)

At 4th level, a fighter gains a +2 bonus to all weapon damage rolls. This follows the guidelines in weapon focus.

Extended Intimidation (Ex)

A target successfully intimidated by a 5th level fighter suffers lasting effects. Instead of ending when the fighter leaves, as is normal for the Intimidate skill, the intimidation effect lasts for 24 hours after his departure. Thereafter, the target's attitude toward the fighter shifts to unfriendly, but a lingering fear remains. Whenever the fighter returns to someone he has previously intimidated, he gains a +4 bonus on his Intimidate check to re-establish the effect.

Bonded Armor (Ex)

At 7th level, a fighter's armor becomes like a second skin. You are able to don or remove armor as a full round action. In addition, the armor bonus of any armor you wear rises by 1. At 13th level this bonus increases to 2 and to 3 at level 19.

Weapon Mastery (Ex)

At 8th level, a fighter has reached exceptional pinnacles of skill. He gains a +2 bonus attack rolls and weapon damage rolls. This bonus stacks with the bonus provided by weapon focus and weapon specialization, as well as greater weapon focus and greater weapon specialization (see below). Otherwise, this follows the guidelines in weapon focus.

Swift Demoralization (Ex)

A 9th level fighter can use the demoralize opponent aspect of the Intimidate skill as a swift action rather than as a standard action.

Greater Weapon Focus  (Ex)

At 10th level, a fighter's skill with weapons becomes near-legendary.  He gains an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls. This follows the guidelines in weapon focus and stacks with weapon focus and weapon mastery.

Overpowering Attack (Ex)

At 11th level, a fighter can focus his attention in combat to deliver a single deadly attack. As a full-round action, make one attack at your highest base attack bonus. That attack deals double damage, as do any other attacks you make before the start of your next turn.

Defensive Juggernaut (Ex)

At 13th level, a fighter's armor is so protective that it renders him close to a living slab of steel. He gains light fortification whenever he wears armor. This functions as the armor special quality of the same name. At 15th level this improves to medium fortification and at 19th level it becomes heavy fortification. In addition, at 17th level, a fighter's skill with armor is so well developed that it even blocks mystical attacks. The fighter gains spell resistance equal to 10 + hit dice.

Greater Weapon Specialization (Ex)

At 14th level, a fighter's blows cause legendary amounts of damage. He gains an additional +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls. This follows the guidelines in weapon focus and stacks with weapon specialization and weapon mastery.

Weapon Supremacy (Ex)

At 18th level, a fighter has reached the peak of his skill, rivaled by only the greatest of all time. He gains several benefits when wielding a weapon he is proficient with. You gain a +4 bonus to CMD against attempts to disarm you. You can wield your weapon in a grapple freely (but not while pinned). Once per round when you make a full attack, you may add a +5 bonus to any attack roll after the first. Once per round before making an attack roll, you can take 10 on an attack. Whenever you are wielding a weapon you are proficient with, you gain a +1 bonus to armor class(this bonus only applies once if you are wielding more than one weapon at a time).
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

In other news, I'm thinking about rebuilding Dana entirely. Her build has been a mess of conflicting ideas and concepts. Opinions?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Merc

Dune: Gentlemen, I can rebuild her.
Dune: I have the splatbooks.
Dune: I have the capability to make Aurora's first psionic woman.
Dune: Dana will be that woman.
Dune: Better than she was before.
Dune: Better... stronger... faster.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Aahahahahhahahahhahahahahaha.

I'll take that as a 'yes' from Ithea. <_<
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Point of clarification on request: Any possible rebuild won't happen until after this Castle Crumbling affair.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Spell-wise, I figure we can all handle the basic stuff as always individually. I think Merc's casting lets him channel the same spell to everyone in a single charge? If so, having Energy Res 30 x5 to everyone would simplify our prep. I can handle Fortunate Fate xPC +1NPC we bring with us without real trouble. It would be nice if someone (Priest?) were to cast Death Ward/Life's Grace/Extended Death Ward/Extended Life's Grace upon us.

About the secondary NPC team heading out to draw the defenders back to the Aurora. Since Hanna's not coming with us then she can provide DW/LG and FF for them fairly easily. Others there could be The Jarl, The Master and Simmer, plus whoever of Adrian and Ebony that doesn't come with us. How about it?

Dune, assuming no one else amongst the players cares, want to use Hatbot to decide between Ebony and Adrian?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 16, 2012, 12:52:48 PMSpell-wise, I figure we can all handle the basic stuff as always individually. I think Merc's casting lets him channel the same spell to everyone in a single charge? If so, having Energy Res 30 x5 to everyone would simplify our prep. I can handle Fortunate Fate xPC +1NPC we bring with us without real trouble. It would be nice if someone (Priest?) were to cast Death Ward/Life's Grace/Extended Death Ward/Extended Life's Grace upon us.

About the secondary NPC team heading out to draw the defenders back to the Aurora. Since Hanna's not coming with us then she can provide DW/LG and FF for them fairly easily. Others there could be The Jarl, The Master and Simmer, plus whoever of Adrian and Ebony that doesn't come with us. How about it?

Dune, assuming no one else amongst the players cares, want to use Hatbot to decide between Ebony and Adrian?

Prep can go without incident. Let's wait on Yuth to speak up about the NPCs. Barring anything there, Ebony and Adrian comes down to if you want another sword to help you fight or someone to help you fight better.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I can cast Attune Form, negating the damage/negative levels. I don't have a preference on NPCs off the top of my head.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?