News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Sword of Myr. I don't have any idea how much longer it will take or if it's reasonable to expect to be finished with it before the Lifasa assault kicks off, assuming people have things they want to finish first.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Purely OOCwise for amount of sessions and time to do it, it's probably not realistic. The fey mission and a possible Lifasa assault kicks off on Monday or whenever we resume, so there's really no time to go deal with a powerful 'loth.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Gotcha. I'll hold off then, just give me some kind of IC emergency mission type excuse that justifies Surraruthru just bailing on it mid-go of it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Sure. If nothing else, a simple order from the command staff would do it. I'm waiting on one of the generals (Afina, Ithea, Jaela) to say something about a possible Lifasa strike and confirm it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Anyway, with the above post waiting for a reply by the generals, planning's basically done. Level up time. Y'all made it to level 24, so go ahead and get started. Remember to post summaries.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Really I just threw out the idea of attacking Lifasa as something fun the people not on the Yggdrasil trip can do but it's up to players do what they want. Going after Myr's sword is perfectly valid as well.

Ebiris

Level 24, Afina goes Firesoul Mage 8 and Scout 11.

+1 bab, no saves, +10hp, +20 skill points, +1 SR.
Scout gives Battle Fortitude +2 (up from +1, bonus to init and fort), +20 speed (doesn't stack with swiftblade), and +1 AC while skirmishing.
Firesoul mage gives Advanced Learning and spellcasting.
Taking Epic Spell Capacity as my feat, unsurprisingly.
For spells I'm learning Glaciante's Spiteful Ward, Simmer's Contagious Fireburst, and Summon Monster X at 10th level and Epic Mage Armour at 11th level. With Advanced Learning I get to learn an extra spell so long as it's fiery, and for that I grab Volcanic Genesis.
Stat boost goes into charisma, unsurprisingly.

Doing a little bit of retraining as well, since greater mage armour is surplus to requirements I'll swap it out for Ferocity of Sanguine Rage (Dragon Magic page 67)

Nephrite

Level 24, Bard 24 and Fatesinger 10.

[08:26] <Nephrite> roll 1d6+1+7 let's get this out of the way Kobot
[08:26] <Kobot> Nephrite rolled 1d6+1+7 let's get this out of the way Kobot --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}

+1 BAB (not really relevant, but whatever), no saves

Bard Side: Moore takes Limited Wish as his 4th 7th level spell and Summon Monster VIII so he can pretend to be Erathaol as his 8th level spell. He also does some retooling of his lower level bard spells -- he swaps Hold Monster for Greater Mirror Image and Mirror Image for Detect Thoughts.

Feat goes into Music of the Gods because no kidding.

Fatesinger side, Moore picks up the capstone Melody of Misfortune, which is really really good. He also gains +1 spellcasting in Favored Soul which brings him to 13th level which... unfortunately is a complete dead level on spells known? Huh. Okay. Well, he gains a few extra per day at least.

Stat boost goes to Charisma because everything else is even. I also noticed I'd be docking myself +1 on my INT for some reason, whoops!

Anastasia

Quick note on those spells, Afina: I've been meaning to correct and check over earlier epic spells and Glaciante's Spiteful Ward is gone of them. I'll post if there's any meaningful changes beyond typo and style corrections.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Changeloged. I pasted the only serious change to you on IRC, Eb. Check the changelog if you want more nitty gritty.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on July 09, 2016, 08:08:44 AM
Level 24, Afina goes Firesoul Mage 8 and Scout 11.

+1 bab, no saves, +10hp, +20 skill points, +1 SR.
Scout gives Battle Fortitude +2 (up from +1, bonus to init and fort), +20 speed (doesn't stack with swiftblade), and +1 AC while skirmishing.
Firesoul mage gives Advanced Learning and spellcasting.
Taking Epic Spell Capacity as my feat, unsurprisingly.
For spells I'm learning Glaciante's Spiteful Ward, Simmer's Contagious Fireburst, and Summon Monster X at 10th level and Epic Mage Armour at 11th level. With Advanced Learning I get to learn an extra spell so long as it's fiery, and for that I grab Volcanic Genesis.
Stat boost goes into charisma, unsurprisingly.

Doing a little bit of retraining as well, since greater mage armour is surplus to requirements I'll swap it out for Ferocity of Sanguine Rage (Dragon Magic page 67)

Spells are fine.

What's that put your Charisma at?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on July 09, 2016, 09:58:25 AM

[08:26] <Kobot> Nephrite rolled 1d6+1+7 let's get this out of the way Kobot --> [ 1d6=4 ]{12}

+1 BAB (not really relevant, but whatever) Will save +1 from Fatesinger 10.

Bard Side: Moore takes Limited Wish as his 4th 7th level spell and Summon Monster VIII so he can pretend to be Erathaol as his 8th level spell. He also does some retooling of his lower level bard spells -- he swaps Hold Monster for Greater Mirror Image and Mirror Image for Detect Thoughts.

Fatesinger side, Moore picks up the capstone Melody of Misfortune, which is really really good. He also gains +1 spellcasting in Favored Soul which brings him to 13th level which... unfortunately is a complete dead level on spells known? Huh. Okay. Well, he gains a few extra per day at least.

Stat boost goes to Charisma because everything else is even. I also noticed I'd be docking myself +1 on my INT for some reason, whoops!

No +1 Will save. You're on the epic save progression now, which is +1 at level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter. You ignore save progression from classes now.

Yeah, being able to ignore immunities makes your life much easier. It's probably the best feat choice for a bard who favors bardic music over spellcasting at 21.

Refresh me on Melody of Misfortune?

Yeah, favored soul has a few odd dead levels like that. Weird design quirk, I just live with it.

What's your Charisma score now?

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Charisma is now at 34 or 40 with the hat.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on July 09, 2016, 12:04:50 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on July 09, 2016, 09:58:25 AM

+1 BAB (not really relevant, but whatever) Will save +1 from Fatesinger 10.

No +1 Will save. You're on the epic save progression now, which is +1 at level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter. You ignore save progression from classes now.

Yeah, being able to ignore immunities makes your life much easier. It's probably the best feat choice for a bard who favors bardic music over spellcasting at 21.

Refresh me on Melody of Misfortune?

Yeah, favored soul has a few odd dead levels like that. Weird design quirk, I just live with it.

What's your Charisma score now?

I'll correct the Will Save.

Melody of Misfortune (Su): This ability functions as Fated Failure, except it also targets all foes within 30 ft of the Fatesinger that he is aware of. Additionally, the main target of the Melody does not receive a Will save as with Fated Failure as the power of the melody focuses mostly on that foe.

This ability consumes three uses of bardic music.

Fated Failure is the single target -5 to Attack/saves/skills while performing.

Charisma is 27 base, 33 with augmentations.

Anastasia

Sage Vul'lath reaches level 22. (Yes, he'll be getting two level ups in a row.)

- Savant 20 and Loremaster 12.
- 6 on a d8 for a total of 13 hit points and a grand total of 256 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 20.
- Power resistance rises by 1 to 27.
- Caster level of racial PLAs rises to 22.
- Skill assistance rises to 30ft.
- Gains 20th level savant casting. Sage Vul'lath gets new 2nd, 3rd and 4th level arcane spells. He selects false life, sleet storm and dimensional anchor. He also gets new 2nd level divine spell, which goes to another cure moderate wounds. Gith not having natural healing is a thing for them, along with no clerics. Those who can manage any healing are expected to do it. Old habits die hard.
- Gains 22nd wizard spellcasting. He just grabs another empowered polar ray for the moment.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
<Afina> Forever.