News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

NYARLATHOTEP WINS !

Started by Anastasia, August 10, 2011, 06:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Not really, but I think I'm going to pull the plug on this game. With Cid leaving and with absurd amounts of difficulty even managing a session, I'm going to give up the ghost. It just wasn't meant to be.

This is a no-fault game death. Looming never had a shred of luck but bad luck. But even when one game dies, another one rises from the ashes. In a few weeks I'm going to try and get another night-time game going. Themes and style TBA, but you're all welcome to give me ideas and feedback for it.

The floor is open for questions as well.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

"I--"  *falls through the open floor and into the abyss*

I don't think I really got the best overview of the entire game, since my experience was ultimately kind of limited (because of the aforementioned luck issues).  Even despite that, I had a lot of fun.  The characters were cool (both PC and NPC), and most of the fact that Kanae didn't get to do more was because of a reluctance on my part to seize any initiative until she had gotten more established (I swear, I was coming up to a turning point!).
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Yeah, I don't think I've quite ever seen a game with luck like this one.  Kinda sulky, but mainly since I saw it coming and tried to overwhelm it by adding energy and additional fun stuff.  Still, it's been hard to pick up the momentum much.  I think the timing was in a dangerous place from the get-go, but we didn't have any good options (Too few players agreed on any specific timeslot).

I really did like the general openness of the game.  It was simply a pleasure not worrying about the general rules of it for a while.  Kinda sad that we never were able to rocket pass the stutter-start momentum as I still think the general setup is a fun one to play in (and really would be up to spinning again).  Free-form city-adventurers with that not being their primary lifestyle is a neat one, and kind of different from the usual "If you adventure and deal with horrible baddies, that's a full time job."

I think it'd be good if you run another tristat to keep the improved EP recovery rate, at least if its a day by day exciting adventure.  The default recovery rate simply doesn't allow much room it seems for lots of spells in a combat.  I reacted by keeping to low EP effects.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

(Further discussion was snipped, if you're curious, go check out Nazis vs Magical girl's ancient discussion topic.)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?