News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on September 08, 2016, 03:31:56 AM
Why not just anyone without permission and hostile intent gets shifted to Chronias? Realistically I'm sure I'm missing a large point here, but I'm overworked and under slept and this seems like a great idea.

It's not possible to plane shift, gate or teleport into Chronias. The only known path is the Bridge of Al-Sihal in Jovar and to pre emptively answer, no, you can't send them to that.

Trying to treat Chronias as a dumping ground for Aurora's problems will (rightly) infuriate every archon that gets word of it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Then it sounds like we should just send them to Limbo, because they might care but also might not and something something green barrel.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 08, 2016, 10:53:38 AM
Then it sounds like we should just send them to Limbo, because they might care but also might not and something something green barrel.

As long as you're not aiming at a divine realm or the domain of one of the slaad lords (and even then they may not care), Limbo's wide open.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Corwin

I was thinking of a portal into the Abyss. Without their stuff. The stuff can go to Vacuum.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick and dirty, nothing here is final:

Orb of whatever cannons: How many are we talking here? Set to hit or to hit of user (which would be more expensive)?
Further boosts on the cannon CLs: Doable, I'll add them at some point once I open up the Aurora topic. Edit: Something like 225 to 250k for CL20.
Portal: Depends on where it's positioned (assuming the front gate just before Aurora), how precise, where it goes and so on and so forth. One of those gear stripping portals will be more expensive, as will sending enemies to one place and gear to another.

Also, if you're looking for defenses around Aurora, the holy power addon in thread's good but expensive.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yeah, I hoped to do that holy power walls radiation thing but we got interrupted earlier.

Orbs-wise, I think we're just asking how much Orbs of Electricity/Lesser Orbs of Electricity would stack up with Lightningball Cannons (elec is awesome, devils don't resist that shit). I don't get what you mean by to hit/to his of user.

Also, to clarify, either the existing cannons or the Orb ones would be all over the Aurora's outer defenses? There won't be just a single one?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

What would the cost on a Rod of Twin Spell be? And the cost to add the effect to an item?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Moore buys 1 scroll of Awaken Magical Beast, Least Form of the Ice King and Might of the Planetar. I have no idea how much these actually cost.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 09, 2016, 02:51:49 PM
Moore buys 1 scroll of Awaken Magical Beast, Least Form of the Ice King and Might of the Planetar. I have no idea how much these actually cost.

Well, first of all, do any of them have expensive material components or focuses?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Awaken Magical Beast requires A potion made of rare ingredients worth no less than 4,000 gold and that's it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on September 09, 2016, 03:04:37 PM
Awaken Magical Beast requires A potion made of rare ingredients worth no less than 4,000 gold and that's it.

Okay. Check the price formula for making a scroll in the SRD and use that. Alternately just look up the price of a scroll of that level in the list and use that, same result. Add 4k to awaken magical beast due to the expensive component.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

In that case, Moore doesn't have the money, so he'll sub Awaken Magical Beast for Explosive Escape.

2,275 * 3 = 6825

This leaves Moore with 2049 gold.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 09, 2016, 12:59:30 AM
What would the cost on a Rod of Twin Spell be? And the cost to add the effect to an item?

Tentatively I'd price it like the other known +4 metamagic rod, quicken. Adding it to an item would be a 1.5x markup.
<Afina> Forever.