News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Assembling the Ultimate Magical Force

Started by Dracos, September 16, 2011, 03:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Sep 15 19:37:08 <Koaway>   ----Good luck! Kill a lot of Nazis!----
Sep 15 19:40:58 <Koaway>   The briefing room is what you'd expect at first. Plain walls with no windows, well inside. Metal folding chairs are about, a few tables here and there. Here the girls of the 1st Applies Special Ops unit gather, awaiting General Briggs to brief them on a new mission...
Sep 15 19:44:22 *   Ana lounges in one of the chairs, a pair of smoked glasses over her eyes as she turns her head to place the other occupants of the room. Ana is clad in an undyed woolen shirt and trousers, a sheathed knife at her belt as she listens.
Sep 15 19:45:45 *   Kunia is standing quietly against the back wall, a cigar burning slowly in her mouth and her thick leather jacket around her shoulders and long grey pants running down to her boots.  A giant of a woman, her hair is brushing against the ceiling as she seems sullen, almost disinterested looking over the others, almost as if she expects it all to vanish right out from under her.  Easily looking the oldest in the room, she was probably the only one who wouldn't remotely blend in elsewhere.  Her green eyes seem to spark a bit as she glanced over what seemed to her to be mostly normal soldiers.
Sep 15 19:46:34 *   Koaway is now known as Kotono
Sep 15 19:46:56 <Kunia>   probably the only one who wouldn't remotely blend in elsewhere.  Her green eyes seem to spark a bit as she glanced over what seemed to her to be mostly normal soldiers.
Sep 15 19:47:02 <Marley>   The resident redhead wasn't making use of the available chairs, prefering to pace around in a part of the room with enough space for such. She didn't look too unusual, a bit immodist perhaps with her deep green skirt that didn't quite come to her knees, as well as a sleeveless off-white blouse, with her hair tied back with a purple ribbon that didn't match anything else.
Sep 15 19:47:22 <Marley>   Oh, yeah, and the giant honking broadsword that was slung over her back. That was perhaps a bit unusual.
Sep 15 19:47:27 *   Eliza sits primly in one of the chairs next to Ana and takes out a cigarette from a gold case. She lights it with a small flick of her finger and quickly shakes the flame out. Eliza is dressed in a dark olive green uniform with a skirt that rides well above her knees. She eyes the other occupants of the room with no visible interest on her face as she exhales a perfect ring of smoke.
Sep 15 19:48:07 <Katarina>   Pacing back and forth on almost completely silent feet, Katarina coolly scans the interior of the room.  She wears her usual light combat uniform beneath an understated dark overcoat, but carries no visible weapons.  Her expression is blank and unflinching, making her difficult to read.
Sep 15 19:48:50 <Katarina>   Tilting her head to one side, Kat pauses to blink and study the smoke ring for a moment before her pacing behind Ana resumes.
Sep 15 19:49:15 *   Marley grins at the other pacing woman, and speaks up softly, but in a clear scottish accent, "Heh, not much for just sittin' around either, huh?"
Sep 15 19:50:09 <Katarina>   "No," Kat replies softly, nodding acknowledgement at Marley.
Sep 15 19:50:30 *   Eliza has quit (Broken pipe)
Sep 15 19:50:31 <Kunia>   "Might as well calm down...probably just 'nother dog show."  Kunia's voice was a bit deep, a rough new york accent to it as she waited against the wall, seeming more statue than person.
Sep 15 19:50:43 *   Eliza (~Zephylin@173-98-86-160.pools.spcsdns.net) has joined #dunes
Sep 15 19:51:14 <Ana>   "Dog show?" Ana cocks her head in Kunia's direction, then turns towards Katarina. "I am... unsure what you mean?"
Sep 15 19:51:23 *   Marley shakes her head, "'snot about being calm or not. I just don't think well if I'm not moving around."
Sep 15 19:53:26 <Katarina>   "Dog ... and ... pony show," Katarina says thoughtfully after a moment, stopping her pacing, offering a blink.  "A euphemism.  To parade us for nothing."
Sep 15 19:53:32 <Kunia>   "Just a show, not the real thing.  Mmm, maybe it's just doubting," She shrugged.  "awful far out of the way for one, anyway."
Sep 15 19:54:42 *   Eliza merely raises an eyebrow and knocks some of the ashes off of her cigarette into an ashtray.
Sep 15 19:55:33 *   Jane (d205ef6a@ircip2.mibbit.com) has joined #dunes
Sep 15 19:55:42 <Ana>   "Ahh, I see," Ana replies, wrinkling her nose a bit at the smoke starting to permeate the room. "Apologies, I have only learned English rather recently."
Sep 15 19:57:05 <Kunia>   "No prob.  Just a thing anyway.  Where you from?" She seemed not to mind at all the smoke gathering near the roof, but then, she was part of the cause of it.
Sep 15 19:59:56 <Ana>   "Southern Russia," Ana replies, her inflection accentuating the point. "Katarina and I have traveled quite a lot, however."
Sep 15 20:01:14 <Katarina>   "Yeah," Katarina agrees, perfectly mimicking Kunia's accent.
Sep 15 20:01:40 *   Kunia blinks, "You makin' fun of me or something?"  She raised an eyebrow. "You don't seem from the bronx."
Sep 15 20:01:52 *   Marley blinks at Katarina, "Russia you say? You sound like a yank..."
Sep 15 20:01:58 *   Ana stifles a giggle.
Sep 15 20:02:13 <Eliza>   "Is that so? Pray tell, where have you been?" Eliza takes a soft draw of her cigarette. "The farthest I've been from home is some small island in the Pacific."
Sep 15 20:02:52 <Katarina>   "I do not make fun," Katarina says quietly, before blinking, a tiny frown coming to her face as she realizes what she just said.  She decides not to follow it with anything else immediately, just looking slightly displeased and blinking.
Sep 15 20:02:57 *   Jane shows herself, finally, by taking a deep draw on her cigar, the cherry lighting up and catching attention as she pushes off the wall next to Kunia; her unnatural stillness and.. something else.. that seems to twist the eye over where she was standing having caused her to go unnoticed before.. Quite a feat with bright blonde hair and bright blue eyes.
Sep 15 20:04:48 *   Eliza eyes Jane's cigar with some interest, stubbing out her own smoke.
Sep 15 20:04:58 <Ana>   "Ah, I recall that we visited Vladivostok once, and we have had business before in Leningrad," the young girl answers.
Sep 15 20:05:13 <Jane>   "Dunno 'bout this group. Seems we got us a pair from every country.. But me, I'm a Texas girl. Ain't sure what they got planned for this little squad, but I don't reckon they went through the trouble'a bringing us from all o'ver fer nothin'."
Sep 15 20:05:50 <Kunia>   "Vladivswat?" Kunia blinked a moment and went quiet, feeling a bit out of her depth.  "Ah, just who are you girls anyway?"
Sep 15 20:06:23 <Kotono>   As the girls let the time pass and wait, the swinging soft woosh of the door opening can be heard. General Haxton Briggs is dressed correctly for a military officer, in uniform and with everything looking just shiny and so. He nods as he comes in, "Good morning, ladies," He says. General Briggs has a face that looks carved out of granite, a jutting chin that looks like it could break bricks.
Sep 15 20:06:23 <Kotono>   His hair is iron gray, a slight limp to his step.
Sep 15 20:07:09 *   Ana opens her mouth to reply, but closes it again as their commanding officer enters the room.
Sep 15 20:07:16 *   Eliza stands to attention, heels clicking sharply and fingers in a stiff salute. "Good morning, sir."
Sep 15 20:07:31 <Marley>   "Mornin'" Marely nods to the general, before a pause and adding, "uh, sir, right? That's what I'm supposed to say here?"
Sep 15 20:07:35 <Katarina>   Very slightly, Katarina relaxes, turning to look at the general expectantly, her expression shifting back to her more typical impassive look as she stands at attention.
Sep 15 20:08:08 <Ana>   Hearing the noises of the others shifting posture, Anastasia belatedly jumps to her feet, coming to attention herself.
Sep 15 20:08:13 *   Jane gives a crisp salute to the man before she shifts to leaning against the wall, eyeing the man dubiously and shifting her coat back a bit, resting her forearm on the grip of a revolver.
Sep 15 20:09:16 *   Kunia eyes the man impassively, practically disrespectfully, not even raising her arm in a salute.
Sep 15 20:09:46 *   Jane snorts at Kunia with a smirk and kicks her in the leg.
Sep 15 20:10:27 *   Marley looks around at everyone else saluting, and awkwardly offers one herself. It's becoming increasingly clear this woman has zero military experience.
Sep 15 20:11:04 *   Jane (d205ef6a@ircip2.mibbit.com) has left #dunes
Sep 15 20:11:13 *   Jane (d205ef6a@ircip2.mibbit.com) has joined #dunes
Sep 15 20:11:22 <Kunia>   The kick sounds with a slight clang against Jane's boot, sounding like there was at least something metal where her foot hit.
Sep 15 20:12:21 <Kotono>   "At ease," He gestures, "Ladies, I'm going to get right to business today. Approximately a month ago according to our sources, Doctor Maximillian von Veltheim vanished from his research group in occupied Poland. Dr. Veltheim is believed to have participated in production of the Ratte. Recent intelligence has suggested that he's turned up in Switzerland. It has all the looks that he's slipped
Sep 15 20:12:22 <Kotono>   the Germans."
Sep 15 20:13:09 *   Katarina relaxes, eyes going to Ana before she turns her attention back to Briggs.
Sep 15 20:14:11 *   Eliza returns to her seat, eyes on the General. "Rather clumsy of them to lose the good doctor, isn't it?
Sep 15 20:14:12 *   Ana twitches her head towards Kunia slightly at the metallic noise, then sinks back into her seat at the order to relax.
Sep 15 20:14:52 *   Kunia raises an eyebrow, that actually sounded like the man wanted something.
Sep 15 20:15:01 *   Jane raises an eyebrow at the man.
Sep 15 20:15:22 <Kotono>   "If he has slipped from the Germans, we want him. What's in his head could be invaluable. If he's bait, we want a group that can beat whatever the Nazi bastards are planning and make a clean getaway." Now he looks to the girls with a curt nod, starting to smile just a little bit for a moment, "Damned clumsy of them, eh? The possibility of a trap has crossed the mind of the eggheads over in
Sep 15 20:15:22 <Kotono>   Intelligence. The point is, you're being shipped out on a find and recovery mission to Switzerland. Questions so far?"
Sep 15 20:16:05 <Jane>   "Ah, I'm not sure what this's got 'ta do with us. I'm stuck as a Nurse.. Kunia was too, 'til recently. Ain't neither of us 'ave heard word one why we're here."
Sep 15 20:17:52 <Kunia>   "...This a real mission, General?  Not just some measurement for one of those eggheads?" Kunia sounded almost disbelieving.
Sep 15 20:18:18 *   ^^remilia^^ (chimerae@chimerae.org) has joined #dunes
Sep 15 20:18:35 *   Eliza leans forward slightly. "Are we expecting any Nazi retrieval teams? I would assume that they'd send one of their own if they've not set a trap for us."
Sep 15 20:18:45 *   Jane noticeably grinds her teeth at Kunia's comment.
Sep 15 20:19:20 <Kotono>   That gets a distinct scowl from General Briggs, "Ah, snafu. Okay ladies," He nods, "It's a real mission. You're not just here to take measurements from. Each of you is a magical woman," A distinct thrust of his chin, "That's another possibility. The fascist sons of bitches aren't gonna take this lying down if it's a real defection."
Sep 15 20:19:20 *   Ana turns towards Katarina, but hearing no reply from her 'older sister' she turns towards the general. "Is there any word of where in the country he is located? In the city or the country?"
Sep 15 20:21:08 *   Kunia seems to straighten up a bit at that, her eyes narrowing paying close attention as she took the cigar out, dropping it and crushing it under a boot, paying more attention to the man.
Sep 15 20:21:16 <Kotono>   "You'll be getting a briefing packet with the relevant information," General Briggs goes on, "Our best intelligence puts him in Geneva as of about 4 days ago."
Sep 15 20:21:51 *   Jane comes to stand next to Kunia, resting both arms on her revolvers and nudges Kunia with a grin.
Sep 15 20:22:10 *   Eliza brightens. "Brilliant. I hear that's a rather nice city for a girl to spend some time in during her visit to Switzerland."
Sep 15 20:22:58 *   Ana nods, her head tilted towards the table as she seems to ponder the information.
Sep 15 20:23:18 *   Kunia doesn't have a clue where Geneva is, but keeps her mouth shut.  Hopefully one of these other gals would know and she definitely doesn't want to goof getting off the inactive roster.
Sep 15 20:23:22 *   Marley is quiet as the other girls ask questions, having no real idea what preparing for a mission entails herself.
Sep 15 20:24:39 <Jane>   "So, our goal is a track and retrieval, then? We gettin' help from any locals?"
Sep 15 20:25:20 <Kotono>   Going on, "We have friends in Geneva who will put you up, and should be a safe place as long as you keep your heads down. Switzerland is neutral and a friend of the United States, so use discretion." At that he shakes his head, "From the Swiss government, no. From private citizens, yes."
Sep 15 20:26:15 <Jane>   "Mmm.. No public high-noons, then. If possible, is what'c yer sayin'."
Sep 15 20:26:26 <Eliza>   "Neutrality is such an ugly word." Eliza frowns slightly."Nobody likes a fence-sitter."
Sep 15 20:26:49 <Katarina>   roll 2d6 vs. 10 mind on research
Sep 15 20:26:49 <Hatbot>   ACTION --> "Katarina rolls 2d6 vs. mind on research and gets 9." [2d6=5, 4]
Sep 15 20:27:18 <Eliza>   "I suppose you could kill as many Nazis as you wanted to. Just be discreet about it." Eliza smiles slightly at Jane.
Sep 15 20:27:31 <Kunia>   "got a photo of the guy?" Kunia wondered.
Sep 15 20:28:43 <Jane>   "We got oursevles a time limit on this? When do we cut out iff'n we can't find 'im?"
Sep 15 20:29:14 <Marley>   "Keep our heads down, huh?" Marley looked back over her shoulder at the sword on her back...as well as at Kunia, "Uh...sure thing..."
Sep 15 20:30:06 *   Ana simply listens, a look of concentration on her face as she tries to parse the rapid chatter around her.
Sep 15 20:30:20 <Kotono>   A nod, General Briggs taking it out of a coat pocket and passing it around, "Copies will be in your information dossiers," he says. Dr. Maximilliam von Veltheim is a slender and squirelly man, curly black hair and a mustache. He looks pretty average - not particularly a world beater or ugly. Could be someone's Dad, really.
Sep 15 20:31:05 <Katarina>   "Ana," Katarina murmurs with a frown.  "We know of this one.  Mmm, in terms of his works ... more technician then theorist.  Capable, not a great reputation or history for reliability...."  She trails off there, frowning.
Sep 15 20:32:02 <Katarina>   "Politically," Katarina resumes after a moment of thought.  "Unconfirmed voices also whisper that he may be involved in darker works, but we've found nothing to substantiate such."
Sep 15 20:32:03 <Ana>   "Ahh... but still with knowledge of the Ratte," Ana replies, nodding in understanding.
Sep 15 20:32:35 *   Eliza studies the photo seriously, attempting to memorize every detail of the man's face.
Sep 15 20:32:41 *   Jane drops into a seat heavily, slouching and reaches into her coat, pulling out a flask..
Sep 15 20:33:18 <Kotono>   "You'll be leaving immediately, traveling on military air to England, at which point you'll board civilian air to Switzerland. Ladies, this man is important and could hold the key to countering the Ratte. Whatever magic you have in you, make sure it gets him in our hands!"
Sep 15 20:34:22 <Kunia>   "We supp'sed to convince him to come?  or just grab him and split?"  She nodded.  Sounded like they should take him whether he wanted to come or not.
Sep 15 20:34:57 *   Jane take swig from her flask and nudges Kunia, offering her a drink.
Sep 15 20:35:09 <Katarina>   "His compliance or lack thereof should not interfere with our operations," Katarina replies confidently.
Sep 15 20:35:14 <Eliza>   "Never fear, General. I've always said that you should never send a man to do a woman's job." Eliza neatly folds the photo and slides it into her breast pocket.
Sep 15 20:35:23 *   Ana turns in her chair, facing more towards Katarina. "A man of resources, or is this known to us? Could he have escaped the Reich on his own?"
Sep 15 20:35:28 <Jane>   "We got oursevles a time limit on this? When do we cut out iff'n we can't find 'im?"
Sep 15 20:36:08 <Katarina>   "Could he?  Yes.  Did he?  I suspect not ... we must investigate to be certain."
Sep 15 20:36:20 <Kotono>   "If you find him, extract him as soon as possible. No time limit for the moment, but work as fast as you can. If the situation changes you'll be briefed," General Brigggs says.
Sep 15 20:36:28 *   Kunia gives a slight head shake.  Not really feeling the time to be drinking, not that a tiny flask would be but a sip.
Sep 15 20:36:37 *   Marley gives Eliza a look out of the corner of her eye, wondering if she intended that line to sound like what it sounded like.
Sep 15 20:37:13 *   Jane glances around and eyes the Redhead.. Then shrugs and offers her the flask.
Sep 15 20:37:21 *   Ana nods in acknowledgement, pushing the darkened lenses up her nose.
Sep 15 20:37:28 *   Eliza catches the redheads look and gives her a somewhat predatory grin.
Sep 15 20:38:24 *   Marley eyes the flask, missing Eliza's look entirely, then shrugs, "Eh...why not? What's in it?"
Sep 15 20:38:48 *   Jane grins.
Sep 15 20:38:51 <Katarina>   "I believe we are understood, then," Katarina says quietly.  "Are there further details or duties to be assigned to us?"
Sep 15 20:39:01 <Jane>   "Good old Texas whiskey."
Sep 15 20:40:42 <Kotono>   "At the moment, no. The good doctor is your priority. Dismissed," He nods towards the door. "Bring him back, ladies."
Sep 15 20:41:08 <Marley>   "Really now?" Marley grins back, "never had American whiskey." She takes the flask and has a sip, clearly as used to hard alcohol as she is unused to military protocol, "Not bad...doesn't beat Scottish whiskey of course, but not bad," then she hands it back.
Sep 15 20:51:26 <Kotono>   Ah, flying. The military plane is plain enough, nothing much to do as you lift off. That is, until shortly after liftoff a lieutenant comes by, handing each girl a dossier. "The information packets you're to receive," he explains as he passes them out.
Sep 15 20:52:47 *   Katarina accepts hers and Ana's wordlessly.
Sep 15 20:53:14 *   Eliza dutifully opens her dossier, determined to have everything memorized before the jump.
Sep 15 20:53:18 <Marley>   "Thanks, then." Marley takes one and flips it open.
Sep 15 20:53:20 *   Kunia takes it, flipping it open to read as she overshadows the other women.
Sep 15 20:53:43 *   Jane takes from the lieutenant with an eye for his rump as he passes before flipping it open between sips from her flask.
Sep 15 20:54:23 <Ana>   "Maps?" Ana asks, waiting for Katarina to sort through the papers.
Sep 15 20:55:35 <Kotono>   The dossiers contain the promised photo of von Veltheim, as well as a plethoria of information. Most of you already know from the briefing. The lieutenant nods, pursing his lips, "Ma'am," he says, looking to Jane.
Sep 15 20:56:06 <Katarina>   Ignoring the others, Katarina quietly reads the details to Ana.
Sep 15 20:56:08 *   Jane grins irreverently at him.
Sep 15 20:56:17 <Jane>   "Carry on, Lieutenant."
Sep 15 20:58:31 *   Ana nods in assent, waiting for the lieutenant to pass by again to repeat her request for a map of Geneva.
Sep 15 20:58:47 <Kotono>   "With all due respect, Captain, the rules and regulations of the flight prohibit drinking while we are airborne." He says.
Sep 15 20:59:06 *   Marley looks through the info with a grumble, "I can't make heads or tails of half o' this jargon. Girl gets a magic sword and is suddenly supposed to think like a bloody soldier?"
Sep 15 21:00:19 <Marley>   Moving over next to Eliza, Marley offers a half apologetic smile, "Uh, hope I'm not being a bother, but could you help me out with this stuff? I've been a soldier for all of...uh, bit over two weeks now? Not used to the way these military types write."
Sep 15 21:00:26 *   Jane raises an eyebrow at the lieutenant and looks at Kunia and mouths, 'Captain?'
Sep 15 21:01:06 *   Jane glances back at the Lt. and takes one last swig from the flask before putting it away and waving him off.
Sep 15 21:01:39 *   Eliza glances over the top of her paperwork at Jane. "He's quite right, you know." She shifts her gaze to Marley, mouth softening slightly. "Of course, dear. What do you need help with?"
Sep 15 21:01:56 <Kunia>   "Ain't nobody ever given you a rank, Jane?"  Kunia raised an eyebrow.  "Just cool till we're on the ground."  Kunia is sprawled out in back, sitting pretty much up along the wall with her legs spread to the other side of the plane.
Sep 15 21:02:52 <Jane>   "Pfft. Every time they tried to, they took it away again. I stopped paying attention."
Sep 15 21:03:50 <Kunia>   "HMph, guess they gave you one back.  Hope to keep it this time," She smirked.  "Damn planes," She grumbled, it being only her third time on such a thing in her life.
Sep 15 21:04:17 <Jane>   "Bah. I'll find a way to make 'em regret it. Give me a day or two."
Sep 15 21:04:35 <Ana>   Seeing that the lieutenant seems to be otherwise occupied, Ana speaks up. "I have never entered the military myself prior to this, eh, assignment," she chips in. "The formality is somewhat unfamiliar."
Sep 15 21:04:48 <Marley>   "Uh...most of it, actually." Marley shrugs, "I mean..." she flips through the papers, "is this all stuff I'm gonna have to know to nab the Ratte-bastard? His history and what?"
Sep 15 21:05:00 *   Jane shrugs as Ana.
Sep 15 21:05:12 <Jane>   "I never paid much attention to it, either."
Sep 15 21:05:20 <Kunia>   "Try not to get demoted before we get to actually take out some of them." A bit of fire to her eyes.  "More fun out there to be had, right?"
Sep 15 21:06:37 <Eliza>   "You never know when a small bit of information comes in handy, Marley. I've made it a habit to memorize a target's history and whatnot." Eliza grins slightly.  "Some obscure fact concerning a target has saved my life more than once."
Sep 15 21:07:31 *   Jane nods.
Sep 15 21:07:33 <Katarina>   "Forearmed is forewarned," Katarina agrees.
Sep 15 21:08:19 <Kunia>   "Been in the field much?" Kunia eyed them.
Sep 15 21:08:23 <Jane>   "Even I learned 'ta do that a bit when I was taught trackin'. Knowin' what they like to eat, fer example, can help ya figure out what places to check."
Sep 15 21:08:29 <Katarina>   "Ana and myself have good knowledge of many militaries from before this engagement."
Sep 15 21:08:34 *   Ana smiles. "Yes - I recall there was a target that I once located by the smell of the cigars he smoked."
Sep 15 21:09:13 *   Marley nods, "Well...if you say so then. Only, uh, 'mission' of any sort I've been on before only thing that saved my life was bein' more pissed then a cat in a bucket."
Sep 15 21:09:36 *   Jane shrugs.
Sep 15 21:09:38 <Katarina>   "You were alone?" Katarina guesses.
Sep 15 21:10:19 <Jane>   "Couple months out an' about in the woods an' plains back home. Survivin' off'a the land and the like."
Sep 15 21:10:22 *   Eliza pats Marley on the shoulder. "Don't worry, darling. You'll do fine."
Sep 15 21:11:33 <Marley>   "Yeah. Wasn't army or anything," she nods to Kat, "so I was by myself." Then to Eliza she smiles, "Thanks. Been kinda second guessing accepting this commision thing ever since I took it, but...no use looking back now, right?"
Sep 15 21:12:18 <Kunia>   "You two been to Geneva before?" She wondered further.
Sep 15 21:13:26 <Eliza>   "Quite. Look at this commission as an opportunity for advancement. I myself find it to be an excellent on my resume." Eliza pauses from her perusal of the paperwork. "I hope to take over MI-12 one day. Being a part of this team is one large step towards that goal."
Sep 15 21:13:59 *   Ana raises an eyebrow at that. "Ambitious," she remarks.
Sep 15 21:14:10 *   Jane raises an eyebrow at Eliza.
Sep 15 21:14:32 <Katarina>   "I have not traveled through much of Europe; our travels were primarily near the Russian front," Katarina murmurs to Kunia.
Sep 15 21:15:11 <Kunia>   "MI...oh, the british." Kunia shrugged, uncaring a bit.  "Russian...  You got to kill some of them alright huh?  Anyhow, never been on a manhunt before."
Sep 15 21:15:41 <Katarina>   Shaking her head slightly, Katarina adds, "I have learned personally that while one may survive well enough alone, there is greater strength in unity."  She looks between the two, seeming for a moment about to say something else, but instead turns back to Kunia.
Sep 15 21:15:57 *   Jane smirks at Kunia, but refrains from commenting.
Sep 15 21:16:41 <Katarina>   "I am more used to pursuing information unremarked, but there have been occasions in the past where...."  She hesitates, and the fingers of one hand drift to Ana's shoulder before she shrugs.
Sep 15 21:16:48 *   Eliza scowls slightly at Kunia's dismissal. "Father was right. The colonials *are* somewhat rude," she muttered under her breath.
Sep 15 21:16:58 *   Ana smiles a bit at Katarina's words. "Having another to assist with your... blind spots can be quite helpful, yes."
Sep 15 21:17:15 <Marley>   "Wow." Marley sounds impressed, "I suppose being an allied captain, or special captain or whatever the hell my rank is, is a step from from being a dancer, sure. Wasn't really thinking about moving up though, just figured I've got this thing, I should probably use it, right?"
Sep 15 21:17:17 *   Jane snorts at Eliza.
Sep 15 21:17:57 *   Jane pulls her hat down over her eyes, dismissing the rest and settles down to catch some sleep.
Sep 15 21:20:40 <Kotono>   From there the trip across the Atlantic is without incident. Soon enough you touch down in jolly old England, the lieutenant awaiting you just near the exit of the plane. He escorts you to a smaller plane, less a military or public one but private. "Go on in there," he says, "Good luck."
Sep 15 21:21:16 *   Eliza merely nods and boards, looking forward to sleep.
Sep 15 21:21:31 <Kunia>   "Seriously...?"  Kunia stares at the sight in distates, groaning as she crouches to slip into the damn thing after the others and simply lying down in the middle of the plane.
Sep 15 21:21:48 *   Ana yawns, having been roused from napping on the long transatlantic flight as she changes to the private plane.
Sep 15 21:21:59 *   Jane grins at Kunia.
Sep 15 21:22:04 <Jane>   "Sit in the isle?"
Sep 15 21:23:05 <Kunia>   "Laugh it up, cowgirl." Kunia rolled her eyes.
Sep 15 21:23:13 <Katarina>   Katarina takes a minute to walk between the planes, carefully stretching all of her muscles to keep them loose before entering another confined place.
Sep 15 21:23:50 *   Jane makes a point of stretching out in her seat.
Sep 15 21:24:00 *   Ana voices an uncharacteristic grumble. "Was it really necessary for us to travel all the way to America, just to return to Europe?"
Sep 15 21:24:01 <Kotono>   It's rather more open inside - nicer seats with legroom, at least. No one else is in there, savef or a man in a leather jacket. He speaks with a Australian accent, "G'day, ladies," he nods, "Name's Finley, I'll be getting you into Switzerland. Pleasure to meet all of you."
Sep 15 21:24:02 *   Marley finds a seat and pulls her sword out, laying it across her lap and running her hand along the flat of the blade absently.
Sep 15 21:24:19 *   Katarina carefully skirts around Kunia and takes her seat near Ana.
Sep 15 21:24:45 <Marley>   "Afternoon," Marley offers who she presumes is thier pilot a smile.
Sep 15 21:25:02 <Jane>   "Howdy."
Sep 15 21:25:05 <Eliza>   "Charmed, Captain." Eliza nods her head.
Sep 15 21:25:08 <Katarina>   "In terms of caution, this would hopefully obfuscate our movements to the enemy.  Ideally, they have no idea who is in this plane."
Sep 15 21:25:10 *   Jane tips the brim of her hat to the man.
Sep 15 21:25:33 *   Katarina belatedly nods at the captain as well.
Sep 15 21:25:54 <Ana>   "A pleasure, captain," Ana replies.
Sep 15 21:27:47 <Kotono>   He gives all of you a bright smile before nodding once, heading into the cockpit and away. From there you have a flight to Switzerland - oh, outside the windows! At first you see the plains and hills of occupied France, silent beneath you in the European morning. But soon it rises to mountains, the Alps below with great crowns of snow. Hamlets are dotted about the picturesque country, little
Sep 15 21:27:48 <Kotono>   jewels in the rolling green and stony rises.
Sep 15 21:29:28 <Marley>   "Sure is pretty from up here..." Marley gazes out the window while polishing her blade.
Sep 15 21:30:36 <Ana>   "I shall have to take your word for it," Ana says, currently working on cleaning her own instrument - a rather worn-looking clarinet, in this case.
Sep 15 21:30:44 *   Jane occupies herself with thumbing the hammer on one of her revolvers and lowering it again as she looks out of the window.
Sep 15 21:30:55 <Katarina>   Katarina goes through her research notes with Ana.
Sep 15 21:31:18 <Marley>   "Not a fan of heights?" Marley asks, looking over to Ana.
Sep 15 21:31:47 *   Kunia blinks a bit at that.  "Can't look out a window?"
Sep 15 21:32:19 <Ana>   "More that I cannot appreciate the view," the blonde Russian replies, her eyes still concealed behind smoked glass.
Sep 15 21:33:00 <Ana>   "I was born blind, you see."
Sep 15 21:33:09 *   Jane nods absently.
Sep 15 21:33:15 <Katarina>   "Shall I describe it to you?"
Sep 15 21:33:59 <Jane>   "Ah figur'd it was somethin' like that. Ain't seen you give the normal twitches 'ta things. Ya did'n flinch at the sun after gettin' outta the last plane."
Sep 15 21:34:13 <Marley>   "...oh." Marley scratches the back of her head, "Uh...wouldn't have guessed, you seem to get around just fine."
Sep 15 21:34:13 <Kunia>   "Seriously?"  Kunia shrugged.  "Bum luck."
Sep 15 21:36:09 *   Ana chuckles. "How would I know how to imagine it? No, it's all right." Turning towards the others. "Eh, it is not so bad. I have found ways to manage without sight - it rarely causes me too much trouble, and Katarina has helped me with much of what I cannot manage."
Sep 15 21:38:14 <Kunia>   "You two seem like close cats," Kunia growled, slipping out a cigerette this time to calm her nerves.  It felt claustrophobic in here.
Sep 15 21:38:37 *   Katarina nods.  "We have spent many years working together."
Sep 15 21:41:29 <Kunia>   "This'll be my first," Kunia leaned back a bit, squeezing the side arms of the chairs nearby. "Better go well.  Sick and tired of the base."  It was quiet, almost offhand.
Sep 15 21:42:06 *   Jane kicks Kunia's foot again.
Sep 15 21:42:15 *   Ana snorts quietly at that. "I can understand that quite well," she says to Kunia.
Sep 15 21:42:29 <Jane>   "Don' be gettin' all mopey on me again, or I'll have'ta go an get you drunk again."
Sep 15 21:43:23 *   Kunia laughs.  "Sure, and I'll carry your tiny ass back after."
Sep 15 21:43:23 <Kotono>   "Ladies," From above you hear Finley's voice, "We're inbound to Geneva and should be landing within the half hour. Thank you for flying Finley airlines." From there you soon enough land in Switzerland! It's a small little runway on the edge of Geneva, tall pines looming in the distance, meeting with the city. An older man wearing a pinstripe suit awaits just outside of the plane as you come
Sep 15 21:43:23 <Kotono>   down.
Sep 15 21:43:55 <Jane>   "About the only thin' yer good fer when you get like that."
Sep 15 21:44:24 *   Kunia slips out first, stretching a bit to get the cramps out from sitting down so long.  She eyed over the man as she waited for the others to disembark.
Sep 15 21:45:15 *   Ana is quick to exit the plane after Kunia clears the aisle, standing on the tarmac and going through a quick series of stretches to get her blood flowing.
Sep 15 21:45:20 *   Eliza follows sedately, stretching discretely to relieve the discomfort.
Sep 15 21:45:30 <Marley>   Having slid Fragarach back into its sheathe awhile back, Marley slings the blade over her shoulder and disembarks, joining the large yank in stretching out the long flights.
Sep 15 21:45:36 *   Jane steps out of the plane, lowering her cowboy hat down over her eyes and lighting up another cigar, glancing around the runway with one hand on a revolver.
Sep 15 21:46:21 <Katarina>   After seeing Ana off the plane, Katarina repeats her own stretches, glad to take some fresh air after the smoke-filled cabin of the plane.
Sep 15 21:46:44 <Kotono>   "Hans Laurent," He nods to the women, "My home is your home while I'm here. I'll take you by there, and then you can do whatever you need to do?" The air out here is fresh and a bit thin, blowing freely in a chill wintry wind.
Sep 15 21:48:05 <Kunia>   "Kunia Makoto Thorssen.  Thanks for sharing your place, Hans."  She nodded down to the man, not really showing any discomfort at the chilly weather.
Sep 15 21:49:17 *   Marley took a deep breath, invigorated by the wind. As she stretched, she reached up and undid her hair ribbon, letting it blow freely in the breeze, "Ah, that's better. Much obliged Mr. Laurent." She nodded to thier host, then added, "Marley McBride, by the way."
Sep 15 21:49:25 *   Jane nods and heads over to the cargo area and slings her pack on one shoulder, her rifle wrapped in a soft leather case and comes back over, offering her hand to the older name.
Sep 15 21:49:33 <Katarina>   Katarina likewise seems indifferent to the chill.  After examining the man, she decides not to speak to him, instead surveying the surroundings casually.
Sep 15 21:49:45 <Jane>   "Martha Jane Canary."
Sep 15 21:50:37 <Ana>   "Anastasia Cherenkov," the blonde chips in. "Your hospitality is appreciated."
Sep 15 21:51:29 <Katarina>   "Katarina Rubinoff," she murmurs quietly, echoing her younger 'sister'.
Sep 15 21:51:49 <Eliza>   "That would be most welcome, Herr Laurent." Eliza nods to him as she hoists her two suitcases. "We'll need a base of operations before we begin. Call me E, if you must call me something." Eliza is not quite as eager to give her name out where just anyone can hear.
Sep 15 21:51:55 <Eliza>   What if there are German spies about?
Sep 15 21:53:22 *   Jane tilts her head up enough to see Eliza from under the brim of her hat and snorts around her cigar.
Sep 15 21:53:28 <Jane>   "E, huh?"
Sep 15 21:53:30 *   Jane chuckles.
Sep 15 21:55:09 <Kunia>   "Sure, Easy E," Kunia gave a half smile at that.  "Shall we get walking?"
Sep 15 21:55:12 *   Eliza shrugs nonchalantly. "I have a nice name, Ms. Canary. I simply don't give it out as freely as most other people do."
Sep 15 21:56:21 <Jane>   "Sure, sure."
Sep 15 21:56:24 <Kotono>   "This way," He nods, leading the group away from the plane. He chuckles as he does so. Behind him a few cars await, a trip thereafter. You find your destination is a nice, large house. It's older style, more like a small, rambling manor home than anything else. A well kept lawn is about, albeit sleeping with winter. Inside you find everything is nice enough - classical more than anything else.
Sep 15 21:56:24 <Kotono>   Once you get rooms - two girls per room - Hans Laurent meets you just near the front door, "You're welcome to come and go anytime," he says, "Just please be discreet. We could have...difficulties otherwise. If you need anything, come and see me. Money, directions, a car to drive..." He lets it hang, "Good luck with whatever you're doing, and give those krauts what's coming to them."
Sep 15 21:56:28 *   Jane chuckles again.
Sep 15 21:57:56 <Kunia>   Kunia hiked up, dropping a bag in one of the rooms and coming out.  "So...anyone know what they're doing?" She glanced to see if there actually was a voice of experience in the crowd.
Sep 15 21:57:58 *   Jane eyes the older man.
Sep 15 21:58:10 <Jane>   "... Got a steak 'round these parts?"
Sep 15 21:58:21 <Katarina>   "Intelligence," Katarina murmurs.
Sep 15 21:58:54 *   Ana nods in agreement, speaking up for her sister. "We first should try to gain information about where the doctor was last seen, and find a trail if it exists."
Sep 15 21:58:55 *   Eliza nods in Katarina's direction. "Quite right. Intelligence is what we need."
Sep 15 22:00:00 <Marley>   "Not really my cup of tea, but I'll play bodyguard easy enough," Marley nods.
Sep 15 22:00:06 <Kotono>   "There's food in the kitchen," Hans replies, "Feel free to go in and have some whenever yo'ure hungry. My home is your home," he replies.
Sep 15 22:00:48 <Katarina>   "Do you have a recent map of the vicinity?" Katarina asks before he can leave the room.
Sep 15 22:01:12 *   Jane drops her kit in the same room as Kunia, taking a moment to take her rifle out of it's case and giving it a once over and a quick wipe-down.
Sep 15 22:01:55 <Eliza>   "Yes. And perhaps a list of the local watering holes and social hierarchy of the town; who knows whom and all of that rot."
Sep 15 22:02:47 *   Ana taps a finger against her lips, considering. "Apologies, Katarina - can you refresh my memory on who it was that saw the doctor here and where?"
Sep 15 22:08:20 <Marley>   "Hmm..." Marley catches Hans before he leaves as well, "Uh, don't suppose you have a coat large enough for me to hide my sword under, do you? It's bloody cold up here anyway, so I figure I shouldn't look that outta place in one."
Sep 15 22:10:22 <Kotono>   "Of course," Hans says, coming and bringing back a coat without incident.
Sep 15 22:10:26 <Ana>   "You find this cold?" Ana asks, turning towards Marley.
Sep 15 22:12:27 <Katarina>   The second Hans is out of sight, Katarina makes a gesture with one hand, causing all ambient sound to be blanked around the group, protecting them from most forms of eavesdropping.
Sep 15 22:12:46 <Marley>   "It's not that bad, but yeah, it's cold enough. I've heard horror stories about your winters though, so no need to prove anything to me."
Sep 15 22:13:10 *   Marley accepts the coat with a nod and thanks.
Sep 15 22:14:23 *   Katarina pretends to muffle a yawn with one hand, clearly enunciating, "I don't trust this situation; I propose that Eliza, myself, and Marley enter the location on foot.  The rest can choose locations of opportunity to intervene should something go wrong."
Sep 15 22:15:34 *   Eliza looks thoughtful for a moment before agreeing. "Yes, that seems like a decent enough idea. Straightforward, anyway. We don't have the luxury of a month long stakeout."
Sep 15 22:15:40 *   Ana frowns. "I shall enter with you then, but 'out of sight'."
Sep 15 22:15:44 <Jane>   "I don't know... This place got good food? Iff'n so, I'm goin' in. Ain't too interested in spendin' mah first night in town layin' on a cold roof behind mah rifle, now."
Sep 15 22:16:12 *   Kunia nods. "Separate table, so we don't crowd," Kunia nodded to Jane.
Sep 15 22:16:36 *   Jane nods.
Sep 15 22:17:16 <Jane>   "Ah I can take advantage of that. Iff'n we go in a corner table, I can get clear sight of the place.. An' no one'll notice me next Kunia, here."
Sep 15 22:17:32 <Katarina>   "There is the question of being a notable outsider even if you are ostensibly separate from the rest of us.  Unless we have time to acquire proper costume ... and can you speak the language?"
Sep 15 22:17:35 <Marley>   "Just go in at different times, I guess?" Marley offers.
Sep 15 22:18:41 <Kunia>   "Language?"
Sep 15 22:19:28 <Jane>   "She means accent, girl. Ah ain't exactly goin' unnoticed with my southern drawl and all."
Sep 15 22:20:17 <Katarina>   "...yes.  Fine.  We shall acquire an appropriate costume for myself.  In that case ... Marley can join me.  We can maximize our obviousness.  Kunia, Eliza, and Jane at the fore, myself, Marley, and Ana on standby?"
Sep 15 22:20:46 *   Ana hmms. "If the situation becomes negative, what will be the goal? Escape, elimination of hostile targets...?"
Sep 15 22:21:57 <Kunia>   "We should capture really."
Sep 15 22:21:59 <Jane>   "Ah'm thinkin' I'm a bit wound up from them flights. A bit of a row sounds about right. Iff'n something happens, at least."
Sep 15 22:23:20 *   Marley snorts out a laugh, "And I was worried about my temper comin' into this."
Sep 15 22:23:22 <Eliza>   "Remember, we were cautioned to use *discretion*. While I'm all for killing a few Nazis if we find them after the doctor, I really don't want to bring down two or three divisions of angry Nazis down on my head." Eliza eyes the hotheads. "Do you?"
Sep 15 22:23:54 <Katarina>   "Subtlety is the ideal.  If combat breaks out, then it will be most ideal to kill all witnesses."
Sep 15 22:23:56 <Jane>   "Hmm.. What's today? Tuesday? ... I guess we can hold off till the weekend."
Sep 15 22:24:02 *   Katarina pauses to let this sink in that she is not joking.
Sep 15 22:24:03 *   Jane smirks at Eliza.
Sep 15 22:24:25 <Katarina>   "If we do not wish to kill many, many people, it will be most effective to not cause unwanted trouble."
Sep 15 22:24:45 <Eliza>   "Quite. Katarina is correct."
Sep 15 22:24:50 *   Ana shrugs. "Messy, but it can be done, I suppose," Ana replies, looking thoughtful. "It will cause comment if the entire bar ends up dead, however."
Sep 15 22:26:06 <Katarina>   "Indeed."
Sep 15 22:27:42 *   Marley blinks, "Wait up a sec, I didn't sign up for 'eliminating witnesses'...I'll take out the nazis no sweat, but civilians? Not on your life."
Sep 15 22:28:12 *   Kunia eyes everyone.  "Look.  It's been a long flight.  Let's go get a drink.  If trouble happens, it happens, if we spot something about the doc, good.  Just play it easy."
Sep 15 22:28:40 *   Jane nods.
Sep 15 22:29:12 <Ana>   "It is a fallback measure, nothing more," Anastasia says with a shrug. "If it becomes necessary, it will be done, but if all goes well it will not."
Sep 15 22:29:21 <Jane>   "I ain't sayin' we should aim to go lookin' fer it, but if it happens, we need to take care 'a what we can. I ain't sayin' ta hunt anyone not involved down or anythin'."
Sep 15 22:29:40 *   Jane takes a swig out of her flask and offers it to Marley.
Sep 15 22:30:20 <Katarina>   "In that case, we will do what we can to ensure that no killing is required.  I believe we are prepared?"
Sep 15 22:30:41 *   Marley takes a swig and offers it back, suddenly much less comfortable around Eliza and the russians then the odd americans.
Sep 15 22:31:00 <Katarina>   When no one else says anything for a moment, Katarina nods and makes a gesture, dismissing the bubble of sound control, as background noise abruptly snaps back into audibility.
Sep 15 22:31:08 *   Jane takes a last swig and puts the flask away.
Sep 15 22:33:51 <Kotono>   The trip out lets you see Geneva. It is an old city, full of rising cathedrals, gothic spires, Rennesance buildings, Victorian houses and a mish-mash of styles built over the centuries. The streets are narrow and winding, no set path to them. The air is clean and cold, seeming to blow from the mountains directly. Finding O'Malley's isn't hard, merely time consuming. It's tucked away between a
Sep 15 22:33:51 <Kotono>   haberdashery and a bookstore, a sign with a four leaf clover reading O'Malley's Authentic Irish Pub. It's a sturdy stone and brick building, ornate stone lions sitting before the three stairs down that lead to the door to the pub.
Sep 15 22:38:00 *   Ana has changed into her 'working clothes' - a close-fitting white jumpsuit with a trio of knives attached to the belt. Upon arriving at the bar, she slips into a nearby alley, spending a moment to weave the light around her into a seamless envelope that passes around her without interruption.
Sep 15 22:39:10 *   Jane glances over at where Ana was, consideringly, before starting to head in to the pub.
Sep 15 22:39:42 *   Marley stays by Katarina, waiting to take her cues from the russian...and to keep an eye on her.
Sep 15 22:40:38 <Kotono>   Jane enters into the pub. It's about half full, people sitting around and getting drunk. It has a nice long bar of dark wood, polished smooth over and over and over and over and over. Tables are about, the tang of booze in the air. A few people play darts, while others sit around a radio, laughing and talking. A man stands out, the barkeep - his shock of bright red hair stands out from all the
Sep 15 22:40:38 <Kotono>   black, browns and blondes.
Sep 15 22:41:01 *   Eliza discretely adjusts the small caliber gun on her person and calmly enters a few minutes after Jane.
Sep 15 22:41:48 *   Ana slips in the door behind Eliza, moving quickly to prevent the door from remaining open an unusual length of time.
Sep 15 22:42:47 *   Kunia follows Jane in, slipping over and taking a seat at an empty table along the wall.
Sep 15 22:44:28 <Kotono>   The girls get looks as they enter - mostly appreciative by the various drunks and drinkers.
Sep 15 22:45:08 *   Eliza waves at Kunia pleasantly and points at the bar. "Be back in tic," she mouths, hoping Kunia gets the gist. Eliza trots over to the bar to grab a drink and chat up the bartender a bit.
Sep 15 22:46:24 <Kunia>   "Get me something strong," She waved Eliza off, leaning back  against the wall.
Sep 15 22:47:56 *   Jane goes to the end of the bar and motions for the barkeeper.
Sep 15 22:48:45 <Kotono>   The barkeep goes over quite quickly. He grins as he sees Jane, "Evening, lass," he says, a thick brogue, "What can O'Malley get you?"
Sep 15 22:49:27 *   Katarina tries to be subtle and just lurk somewhere unobtrusive in the native garb she scared up, ordering whatever seems like it will blend in the most.
Sep 15 22:49:35 *   Kunia glances around, not expecting but seeing if she sees anyone taking that description.
Sep 15 22:50:17 <Jane>   "Well, see now, normally I'd be drinkin' my own whiskey, but I met this cute Irish lass who said my stuff was 'alright.' Ta me, that seems like a challenge. So, iff'n you wouldn't mind.. A bottle of yer best Irish whiskey and a glass."
Sep 15 22:50:24 *   Jane grins at him.
Sep 15 22:53:07 <Kotono>   Kunia doesn't see anyone matching von Veltheim's description immediately. Drinks are brought to Jane and Kunia without incident - scotch for Kunia and Guinness for Katarina. Meanwhile Jane gets a big smile as he reaches down, withdrawing a bottle and smiling, "You have good taste?"
Sep 15 22:53:45 <Jane>   "We're 'bout ta find out, ain't we darlin'?
Sep 15 22:56:34 *   Kunia nods at the waitress, sipping the scotch.
Sep 15 22:58:37 *   Marley sits down with Kat, but doesn't order anything just yet.
Sep 15 22:59:27 *   Jane gets the bottle of whiskey and goes to a table at the back, near the rear exit, and settles in to do some drinking.. and surveillance.
Well, Goodbye.