News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

SR Minecraft server

Started by Jon, November 22, 2011, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Word on the inter-street is that Minecraft 1.1 is coming soon. Do not update to this until you see in this thread that the server has been updated. If you do, you will be unable to connect, and will have to find some way to downgrade your copy.

Iron Dragoon

Speaking of different versions, I saw an android Minecraft app. Is it compatible?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Halbarad

As far as I know, the mobile Minecraft apps are singleplayer only (there's one for iOS as well).
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Jon

I think the iOS one is multiplayer, but only with other mobile versions; it can't connect to the server. They also only have limited subsets of the gameplay.

Rogh-sensei

Deepest apologies for necroposting (ARISE, CHICKEN! ARISE!) but I was curious as to what version of the server is running now, what mods (if any) are on it and to note that I'm legit now but my wife doesn't care to come along so she's staying in crackedland and you can remove Absinthe from the whitelist.

I realize that with 1.3 around the corner the whole multiplayer thing is going to change pretty drastically, and with 1.4 releasing the official mod API sometime things have potential to get even crazier. Just curious as to where we are with that.

Onigiri

Well, going to give running minecraft server a try on my firewall... it may or may not have enough guts to be a good enough server... So we can test it to find out.

It's currently online at minecraft.yggdrasil.ca:25565.

Going to go back through this thread and add people to the whitelist.

Rogh-sensei

Request reup to the whitelist: Bactchan

Onigiri

Wow, thought I had email notify set for this thread.

At any rate, added :)

Halbarad

UPDATE: We've moved the server over to FTB, which is using a much more up-to-date version of Minecraft itself - Tekkit appears not to have been updated in quite some time.

http://feed-the-beast.com/

The server IP is 142.4.54.25. It's whitelisted, so if you'd like to join just post in here and we can add you to the list.

There's nothing special to note with FTB other than to make sure you're running the 1.4.2 BetaA version (should be the last thing in the list on the left in the launcher); no extra mod updates required.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Rogh-sensei

Requesting rewhitelist replease.

Halbarad

I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Rogh-sensei

Still getting "kicked by operator" error. Username is Bactchan.

Halbarad

I have  updated one of the mods included in our server to get some rather awesome functionality that we were missing. To connect, you'll need to download the updated mod version here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88825306/Mods/gregtechmod208e.zip

Place this in your FTBBETAA/minecraft/mods folder, and move or delete the "GregTechmod.zip" file that's already there. Once this is done, you should be able to connect again... and we'll be able to build some rather awesome new industrial equipment.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

tabyk

Requesting whitelist please.

IGN:  Gorstavich
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Brian

Server is in flux due to updating.  Rather than using an extensive personal modset, we're switching to Mindcrack, which is basically what we had before but updated.  We do need to customize it to add Mystcraft back in, but generally, we're going to be gaining stuff and features, fixes, and so on.

Things to hooray about!

Hal is also looking into personal pack keys, so we can use just one key and grab all the wanted mods.  That'll be great!

But it's not done yet, so pardon our creeper fumes. :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~