News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

SR Minecraft server

Started by Jon, November 22, 2011, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

Okay. Good news: everything is back up and running using Mindcrack.
Meh news: You'll need to download Mystcraft manually from here. Just drop the zip file in your MindCrack/minecraft/mods folder.
Bad news: Private pack keys are an -upcoming- feature for FTB, they're not usable just yet. I'll look into this to streamline the modding process as soon as they're working, but for now any additional mods will have to be manually added/updated.

Tabyk: You have been added to the whitelist. =)
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

Note: FTB launcher will erase the contents of the mod folders for the various packs (mindcrack, ftbA, etc.), so be sure to back those up before letting it automatically update anything.  Texture packs seem fine.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

Someone thought it would be funny to set up one of the portals to disarm and trap anyone who took it on an island with nasea, mining fatigue, and slow.

So I lost all my inventory and am stuck in a pretty bullshit unfun zone.

I will delete my player.dat file, as that's the only way I can get back into the world, and hey, thanks to someone being 'clever', I lost my entire inventory anyway.

Whoever did that ... that's griefing.  It's not cool.  Don't do it.

I'm pretty pissed off about this.

Everyone else: avoid any portals you didn't place yourself.  You never know when someone will decide to ruin your day.

~exploding tag~

tabyk

Yesterday I saw someone posting from IRC into the General chat channel.

What is the name of that IRC channel (for those of us who are bored and can't actually play at that moment)?
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Brian

~exploding tag~

tabyk

Quick question:  I just reinstalled FtB and tried connecting to the server, and was informed that just about all of the mods were the wrong version.  Is this being caused by me using a too-recent version of the launcher/pack?

Brian

Yes.

Time to update the server!

~exploding tag~

tabyk

Quote from: Brian on March 14, 2013, 05:52:27 PMTime to update the server!
After some testing I figured out the server is running MindCrack 8.0.1 (I believe the current version is 8.2.0, but don't quote me on it).  Rolling back to that and installing MystCraft 0.9.5 fixed it.  :-)

Of course, if you WANT to upgrade the server....

Halbarad

We actually did. >_> Bumped it up to the default Ultimate pack.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

tabyk

Was curious... it being two years later.  Is the SR Minecraft server still plodding along in some form?

Kaldrak

Occasionally I convince Hal to revive it and we run around for a while exploring whatever the latest huge modpack on FTB is, but it's pretty much gone right now.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

tabyk

Ah, okay.  I'm still in the process of building my home VM farm, but once it is done I could also host if requested.  :-)