News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Border City of Balmuria board guide

Started by Anastasia, February 06, 2012, 02:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I've been asked this few times, so I'll put this down here for future reference.

Crimson Hangout, Balmuria: Urban Adventures, Balmuria 3: Planar Suikoden, Balmuria 4: Slaad Dungeons, Balmuria 5: Paragons and Balmuria 6: The Answer are all part of the same game universe. Crimson Hangout, Balmuria: Urban Adventures, Balmuria 4: Slaad Dungeons and Balmuria 5: Paragons are boards for retired games. Balmuria 3: Planar Suikoden is a finished game. Balmuria 6: The Answer is the currently active board and game. Crimson Hangout lacks complete logs, adding these logs is a low priority due to time constraints. The other games have complete and up to date logs.

Crimson Hangout, Balmuria: Urban Adventures, Balmuria 3: Planar Suikoden and Balmuria 6: The Answer can be considered the main plot games of the series. Balmuria 4: Slaad Dungeons is light, dungeon crawling fun set in the same game universe, but with little impact on the overarching plot. Balmuria 5: Paragons is a lower level game focusing on a single Prime Material plane and not directly tied to the overarching plot. Balmuria 6: The Answer combines aspects from all the other Balmuria games and can be seen as the continuation of them, particularly Crimson Hangout.

Balmuria: Rules and Setting is a compilation of years of custom material, homebrew and created material for D&D that's arose from Balmuria. It's not a game board as much as a place to organize all of it and clean it up.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?