News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Houserules

Started by Anastasia, February 23, 2012, 10:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm going to keep houserules simple and minimal. With a low level game there's not much need for them.

1. All classes gain +4 skill points per level, quadrupled at 1st level. Have fun with skills.

2. With the exception of Tome of Battle (strong dislike, really don't want to deal with it), any 3.5 source will likely be approved. Dragon/Dungeon and 3rd party material will be approved on a case by case basis. Ask me any questions you have.

3. No bullshit. Yes, if you know what you're doing you can break 3.5 even from level 1. Don't. Honor system here, keep the cheese down to reasonable levels. If you aren't sure about something, feel free to ask me.

4. We won't use experience points. Any level ups will be accomplished at the DM's discretion. I'm planning on keeping this game low power, no higher than level 3 or maaaybe 4.  If a spell or power has an XP component, talk to me and we'll work something out appropriate for it.

5. Dodge grants a +1 dodge bonus to AC, active at all times. Any circumstances that would negate your dex bonus to AC negate this bonus.

6. Turn undead now works as follows: You create a burst of positive energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area take 1d6 points of damage per two cleric levels. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) halves the damage.  All living creatures in the area are healed the same amount (Will save for half, harmless).  You are not affected by your own turn attempts. Uses of turn undead per day are not changed. Evil clerics channel negative energy to harm the living and heal undead.

Suggestions to houserules welcome.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Sierra

Dodge = flat +1 to AC houserule in effect as usual?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Since we're apparently death seeking lunatics, can we put into play the turn undead house rule from Balmuria 3?

QuoteYou create a burst of positive energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area take 1d6 points of damage per two cleric levels. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) halves the damage.  All living creatures in the area are healed the same amount (Will save for half, harmless).  You are not affected by your own turn attempts. Uses of turn undead per day are not changed. Evil clerics channel negative energy to harm the living and heal undead.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Merc on March 14, 2012, 11:18:27 PM
Since we're apparently death seeking lunatics, can we put into play the turn undead house rule from Balmuria 3?

QuoteYou create a burst of positive energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area take 1d6 points of damage per two cleric levels. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) halves the damage.  All living creatures in the area are healed the same amount (Will save for half, harmless).  You are not affected by your own turn attempts. Uses of turn undead per day are not changed. Evil clerics channel negative energy to harm the living and heal undead.

I completely agree with this. This will help immensely, especially since we're low level, meaning I don't have many spell slots at all for anything.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.